[Fuuin] ᴍᴏᴏғʏ learns the arts of sealing.

Vex

Legendary
Kin
247💸
Kumi
-163💴
Trait Points
10⚔️
During your training with Crutch, you covered a lot of the fundamentals. But, you never exactly explained what a seal is. I'd like you to do so in your own words, please.

ᴍᴏᴏғʏ

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
16💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
During your training with Crutch, you covered a lot of the fundamentals. But, you never exactly explained what a seal is. I'd like you to do so in your own words, please.
A seal is the entity that allows bestows the ability to either "absorb" or "release/summon" the contents inside of something. It's the gate to a passage way, without the gate, there is no way in or out. This could range from sealing items into a scroll, to even the space/time travel by activating the seal on a marker that opens a direct link to that place. It's hard for me to describe it as Crutch summarized it very simply with his key and lock analogy. The part that confused me was the barrier usages, how that ties with the usage of actual seals.

ᴍᴏᴏғʏ

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
16💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Good, now can you tell me what Fuuinjutsu itself entails, and what it means?
Fuuinjutsu basically means sealing and this can range from a vast number of things. One could seal objects, people, souls or even energy/chakra. A lot of sealing techniques follow the same methods steps. First, one needs something to be sealed, a substance an entity. Another important thing is the thing that will contain said entity. These usually range from slips of paper, to scrolls or even people themselves. Sometimes the sealing method is activated through mental commands or hand signs, but can also be set to automatically activate after certain conditions are met like how Danzo placed the tongue seal on his subordinates. Most importantly, one needs chakra to create, activate and release the seal(s). Without chakra, one cannot successfully utilize the style. Fuuinjutsu doesn't always stand for sealing, but can also stand for unsealing, releasing the contents inside of something that had been previously kept inside.

Apologizes for my reply, I feel like it didn't fully answer your questions.. ;sweat;

Vex

Legendary
Kin
247💸
Kumi
-163💴
Trait Points
10⚔️
Good response. Fuuinjutsu is quite simply storage. However, utilising the properties of Fuuinjutsu, you are able to seal people, places, chakra, and even intangible elements like fire and lightning. These objects are then sealed within an object that we commonly refer to as a 'vessel'.
Using Fuuinjutsu, we are able to some extent violate fundamental laws which govern the physical plane of existence. For instance, when an object is sealed it does not really exist in the same space as other objects. It is sort of stuck into its own space, and since we've never experienced what it looks like inside a seal we can only theorize. However, when Naruto visited Kurama we did get a glimpse of the inside of a seal. Using Fuuin, you can literally expand the personal space of an object in order to accommodate multiple objects.
A seal itself is like a dish with 6 main ingredients that come together to form it. The main object which is being sealed, the vessel it is sealed in, a trigger which initiates the seal, the object used to bind the target, chakra used to fuel the seal, and finally a key to release the seal. It sounds more complex than it really is. In practice, most of these are relatively simple.
Then, we move onto practical applications of seals. By sealing weapons, they can be more easily and quickly accessed during battle. For example, it'd be simpler to tap my wrist to summon a sword, than to draw it from my side. This can add an element of surprise to your battles, making it difficult for someone to react. You can also seal bodies, for easy storage after killing an opponent. You can seal incoming techniques, you can seal explosions and release them as the opponent nears, you can seal skills of the opponent, his chakra, limbs, etc. The possibilities are almost endless.

Questions?

ᴍᴏᴏғʏ

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
16💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Good response. Fuuinjutsu is quite simply storage. However, utilising the properties of Fuuinjutsu, you are able to seal people, places, chakra, and even intangible elements like fire and lightning. These objects are then sealed within an object that we commonly refer to as a 'vessel'.
Using Fuuinjutsu, we are able to some extent violate fundamental laws which govern the physical plane of existence. For instance, when an object is sealed it does not really exist in the same space as other objects. It is sort of stuck into its own space, and since we've never experienced what it looks like inside a seal we can only theorize. However, when Naruto visited Kurama we did get a glimpse of the inside of a seal. Using Fuuin, you can literally expand the personal space of an object in order to accommodate multiple objects.
A seal itself is like a dish with 6 main ingredients that come together to form it. The main object which is being sealed, the vessel it is sealed in, a trigger which initiates the seal, the object used to bind the target, chakra used to fuel the seal, and finally a key to release the seal. It sounds more complex than it really is. In practice, most of these are relatively simple.
Then, we move onto practical applications of seals. By sealing weapons, they can be more easily and quickly accessed during battle. For example, it'd be simpler to tap my wrist to summon a sword, than to draw it from my side. This can add an element of surprise to your battles, making it difficult for someone to react. You can also seal bodies, for easy storage after killing an opponent. You can seal incoming techniques, you can seal explosions and release them as the opponent nears, you can seal skills of the opponent, his chakra, limbs, etc. The possibilities are almost endless.

Questions?
By combining both what Crutch and you told me, I believe I have no further questions in the fundamentals of sealing.

Vex

Legendary
Kin
247💸
Kumi
-163💴
Trait Points
10⚔️
(Kekkai: Tengai Hojin) - Barrier: Dome Method Formation
Type: Supplementary
Range: Short- Mid
Chakra cost: 20 (- 10 per turn to keep active)
Damage points: N/A
Description: After clapping ones hands, this technique creates a spherical detection barrier above ground with the user at the center. At the user's command, the detection barrier can expand, grasping everything in the battle field. The user is able to detect anything that moves inside the barrier space with his or her own "sense".

Ok, first jutsu. Simply perform the jutsu and ask any questions you might have. Clap your hands and focus your chakra into the form of a sphere which slowly expands outwards up to mid range. The jutsu has a ten meter radius, but a 20 meter diameter but is still mid ranged if that makes sense.

(Kekkai Houjin) - Barrier Method Battle Array
Type: Attack
Range: Short
Chakra Cost: 20
Damage Points: 40
Description: Kekkai Houjin is a high-level Fuuinjutsu trap technique. An array of explosive markers is jointly placed around the boundary of an area. If any opponent walks through the boundary, the seals will activate and explode.

Place a series of four exploding tags in a square formation around a specific area. Focus your chakra into this boundary, and have the exploding tags trigger through the motion of an opponent. The jutsu requires some prep, but it pretty much becomes a landmine type Jutsu.

(Kekkai Kireme no Jutsu) - Barrier Shatter Technique
Range: Short - Mid
Chakra cost: 20
Description: The user will insert their chakra into a active barrier to then interfere with the source and cancel the barrier shattering its shell.
Note: Must make direct contact and only works with up to B rank barriers.

So focus your chakra and make physical contact with the seal (be careful with this as you don't want to directly touch a lot of these seals). Use your chakra to act as a 'key' of sorts and try to break down the seal itself. It's the equivalent of kicking down a door instead of picking the lock.

ᴍᴏᴏғʏ

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
16💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Range: Short- Mid
Chakra cost: 20 (- 10 per turn to keep active)
Description: After clapping ones hands, this technique creates a spherical detection barrier above ground with the user at the center. At the user's command, the detection barrier can expand, grasping everything in the battle field. The user is able to detect anything that moves inside the barrier space with his or her own "sense".

Ok, first jutsu. Simply perform the jutsu and ask any questions you might have. Clap your hands and focus your chakra into the form of a sphere which slowly expands outwards up to mid range. The jutsu has a ten meter radius, but a 20 meter diameter but is still mid ranged if that makes sense.

Type: Attack
Damage Points: 40
Description: Kekkai Houjin is a high-level Fuuinjutsu trap technique. An array of explosive markers is jointly placed around the boundary of an area. If any opponent walks through the boundary, the seals will activate and explode.

Place a series of four exploding tags in a square formation around a specific area. Focus your chakra into this boundary, and have the exploding tags trigger through the motion of an opponent. The jutsu requires some prep, but it pretty much becomes a landmine type Jutsu.

Range: Short - Mid
Description: The user will insert their chakra into a active barrier to then interfere with the source and cancel the barrier shattering its shell.
Note: Must make direct contact and only works with up to B rank barriers.

So focus your chakra and make physical contact with the seal (be careful with this as you don't want to directly touch a lot of these seals). Use your chakra to act as a 'key' of sorts and try to break down the seal itself. It's the equivalent of kicking down a door instead of picking the lock.

Mangetsu claps his hands together whilst focusing his chakra, thereafter releasing it outwards and shape manipulating it into the form of a half-dome sphere. The sphere expands outwards mid range all around him.

Question:
- Sealing wise, where does this technique tie with the fundamentals we went over?
- Do my hands have to stay together for the barrier to be active?
- Is the barrier invisible?

Mangetsu walks out to the distance and reaches into his pouch, grabbing four explosive tags that are then placed in a square formation around the nearest tree. Chakra is channeled into the tags placing a seal trigger that automatically activates with the sudden motion of an outside force. (Rat walking by the tree)

Question:
- It states short range, but I assume that's just where I place the tags, they would still activate even if I was long range away correct? As there is a preset mechanism to activate them.
- Do I have liberty to choose who is friend or foe? Or would anything that enters will activate it?

Mangetsu channels his chakra outwards whilst being inside the domain of a sensing barrier. He shape manipulates his chakra forcefully to disrupt the seal and un-do the technique.

Question:
- So in most cases, I just have to be inside the range of said barrier? For example the first one I learned. If I was inside it's range, I could use this technique to shatter it, without actually finding the seal that activated it?

Vex

Legendary
Kin
247💸
Kumi
-163💴
Trait Points
10⚔️
-I actually had the same question as you when I was training myself. Actually, this technique used to be in the canon ninjutsu section. If you assume that the barrier itself 'seals' you and your opponent inside of it, you can also assume that you inscribe the seal itself with chakra, allowing you to sense objects inside the space that the seal encompasses.
-No
-No, the barrier is .

-You are correct.
-No, the seal activates in the same way a motion sensor, or a landmine does. You cannot calibrate a motion sensor to differentiate between different people. The same applies here, so it'd be wise to inform an ally that this Jutsu is in affect.

-No, direct contact implies that you must physically touch the seal or barrier. Albeit, I'm not sure what the mid range means; I'll bring it up to a mod and let you know.

(Fusen no Kekkai) Tag Barrier
Type: Defensive/Supplementary
Description: The user will take a tag marked with the kanjis 障害 (Shōgai) and either place it on a weapon (like wrapped around a kunai's handle) or on a surface (like the ground). Upon doing so, a defensive spherical barrier is erected around the tag as a seal. The barrier can be used to defend against up to B-Rank ninjutsu but also be used to contain an enemy inside if feasible.

Apply a sealing tag to your shuriken which would then expand and form a barrier around your shuriken or kunai. Each individual barrier should be able to defend against equally ranked ninjutsu techniques.

(Mugen Hōyō) - Infinate Embrace
Type: Offensive
Range: Short-Mid
Chakra cost: 20 (-50 per turn to the target, +30 to user)
Description: The user slams his hands on the ground and generates a special barrier that surrounds the target forming a "cuboid" construct of pink chakra which begins draining the chakra of the target caught inside. This technique can be used in conjunction with shadow rope technique or other restrictive techniques to further hinder the target. Once caught inside it, the target cannot mold chakra above S-rank and the barrier itself can only be broken by B-Rank techniques or by attacking the user of the technique.

Slam your hands on the ground, and form a powerful pink barrier of chakra. The seal begins to drain the chakra of the target. However, he can still move so it is relatively easy to escape, as long as you use a Jutsu over A rank you'd have to drop the seal in order to defend.

(Fuuinjutsu: Kami Komyunikēshon) Sealing Arts: Scroll Communication technique
Range: N/A
Chakra: 20
Damage: N/A
Description:
The user will create 2 or more scrolls with an embedded sealing formula that connects them all together. As such, anything written in one scroll will appear written in all the connected scrolls. A very useful communication technique, it can connect scrolls regardless of the distance between them. To activate the scroll, the user needs to perform a key of hand seals that will be unique for each creation and only known to those the user wishes, preventing the use of the scrolls by those the user doesn't allow.

Take two scrolls or more, and distribute them to comrades or friends. Each should have a special sealing formula which connects them together. To activate the seal, create a sequence of handseals only you and your comrades know. You are then able to freely communicate through writing. I'm sure you'll use this creatively in NW z.z

ᴍᴏᴏғʏ

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
16💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
-I actually had the same question as you when I was training myself. Actually, this technique used to be in the canon ninjutsu section. If you assume that the barrier itself 'seals' you and your opponent inside of it, you can also assume that you inscribe the seal itself with chakra, allowing you to sense objects inside the space that the seal encompasses.
-No
-No, the barrier is .

-You are correct.
-No, the seal activates in the same way a motion sensor, or a landmine does. You cannot calibrate a motion sensor to differentiate between different people. The same applies here, so it'd be wise to inform an ally that this Jutsu is in affect.

-No, direct contact implies that you must physically touch the seal or barrier. Albeit, I'm not sure what the mid range means; I'll bring it up to a mod and let you know.

Type: Defensive/Supplementary
Description: The user will take a tag marked with the kanjis 障害 (Shōgai) and either place it on a weapon (like wrapped around a kunai's handle) or on a surface (like the ground). Upon doing so, a defensive spherical barrier is erected around the tag as a seal. The barrier can be used to defend against up to B-Rank ninjutsu but also be used to contain an enemy inside if feasible.

Apply a sealing tag to your shuriken which would then expand and form a barrier around your shuriken or kunai. Each individual barrier should be able to defend against equally ranked ninjutsu techniques.

Chakra cost: 20 (-50 per turn to the target, +30 to user)
Description: The user slams his hands on the ground and generates a special barrier that surrounds the target forming a "cuboid" construct of pink chakra which begins draining the chakra of the target caught inside. This technique can be used in conjunction with shadow rope technique or other restrictive techniques to further hinder the target. Once caught inside it, the target cannot mold chakra above S-rank and the barrier itself can only be broken by B-Rank techniques or by attacking the user of the technique.

Slam your hands on the ground, and form a powerful pink barrier of chakra. The seal begins to drain the chakra of the target. However, he can still move so it is relatively easy to escape, as long as you use a Jutsu over A rank you'd have to drop the seal in order to defend.

Range: N/A
Chakra: 20
Damage: N/A
Description:
The user will create 2 or more scrolls with an embedded sealing formula that connects them all together. As such, anything written in one scroll will appear written in all the connected scrolls. A very useful communication technique, it can connect scrolls regardless of the distance between them. To activate the scroll, the user needs to perform a key of hand seals that will be unique for each creation and only known to those the user wishes, preventing the use of the scrolls by those the user doesn't allow.

Take two scrolls or more, and distribute them to comrades or friends. Each should have a special sealing formula which connects them together. To activate the seal, create a sequence of handseals only you and your comrades know. You are then able to freely communicate through writing. I'm sure you'll use this creatively in NW z.z

Ty for answering all my questions, and okay I will keep my eyes open for the barrier shattering one.

Mangetsu takes out a clean slate of paper and an ink brush, writing the kanji for "Shōgai". He then wraps the seal around the handle of his blade, thereafter fueling it with chakra and activating it. Within moments, a barrier erects around the blade's location, keeping Mangetsu within the confines of it.

Questions:
- I would assume the radius of the barrier is 5m?
- If the tag is placed on the ground, the barrier would teach through the ground for protection from attacks there?
- How potent is the prison for enemies? Would they like be repelled if they try to physically touch the barrier?

Mangetsu slams his hands on the ground, fueling his chakra and constructing it into a make shift seal of chakra that causes a pink-hue prison to form around a clone. The prison begins to absorb the chakra of the clone to the point of making them disperse due to it. (Unsure if it would disperse a clone or simply drain chakra from them.)

Questions:
- B rank attacks "Cancel out" and A-S ranks would weaken by one rank as they continue forward?

Ohh yes! Very excited to use this in the ninja world. I don't think I have to perform this technique? It is very self explanatory and I have no questions for it. I think its pretty neat, specially the whole sequence of handseals only known by the users. Actually I do have a question.

Question:
- Members without fuuin knowledge can activate the scroll to read the contents inside correct? From what I can gather, the user needs fuuin knowledge to inscribe the scrolls with the function to link the information of the scrolls. But after that, he pre-sets the scrolls to activate with a certain number of seals, that can be taught to any regular user?

Last edited:

Vex

Legendary
Kin
247💸
Kumi
-163💴
Trait Points
10⚔️
I asked LoK, and he told me that it requires physical contact with the seal to disrupt.

-The radius would be 2.5 meters, but the diameter would be 5 meters :p.
-Tough question, but I'd assume so.
-The prison wouldn't repel them or do any damage if someone tries to touch it.

-That's correct.

-This is also correct, you should not require Fuuin training to activate the scroll.

( Fūin Fuda ) – Sealing Tag
Description: A basic sealing technique where the user places one or more tags either directly on a target or on a technique which is restraining it. As its placed, a sealing formula spreads around the technique or the target, sealing it. This technique has been seen used with Sand ninjutsu, Earth, Water, Wood, Cloth Ninjutsu, etc but basically any technique in which you can apply the tags can be used. In the case of expert ninjas, the tags might even be incorporated into the restraining technique, with no need to actually manually place the tag or tags. Additionally, less experienced ninjas can find that throwing one or more kunais with the sealing tags attached at the technique which will trigger the same effect when the kunais stick on the technique. This prevents the target from moving, molding chakra or even being summoned.
Note: The seal takes a while to form, so most opponents can either counter the restraining technique (thus preventing the sealing formula of taking effect) or rip off the tags from themselves negating its effects entirely. If the target, however, fails to counter the restraining technique or is counter to it fails or if he doesn't remove the tags in his next move, then the seal will fully be placed and the target unable to release himself.
Note: This technique is specially designed to be used on summons and Edo Tensei Summons but will work on any opponent except Jinchurikiis.
Ok, so this Jutsu allows you to seal people, summons, or Edo Tensei'd people. You place a seal on the target (or on a technique restraining the target, like if you used wood pillars to prevent movement put them on the wood pillars). As you grow more experienced, you'll be able to incorporate the seal into your Jutsu with no need to manually place the seal.

( Chakra Haisui Fūin no Jutsu ) – Chakra Suppression Seal Technique
Description: The user places this seal on the forehead of a Jinchuuriki influenced by the powers of a Bijuu, to forcibly cause the Bijuu's powers to recede. The Jinchuuriki becomes exhausted after this happens.
Note: This can only restrict Jinchuuriki in their Incomplete form, not when they completely transform into the Bijuu.

Simple enough jutsu, in case you are ever fighting a Jinchuriki. When he is in his incomplete form, simply apply the seal to his forehead, and forcefully with draw the Bijuu chakra. This will cause the Jinchuriki to revert to their normal human form.

( Han'you Fūin ) - Generic Sealing Technique
Type: Supplementary , Defensive
Description: This technique is a standard ninja skill which allows a ninja to summon an assortment of items or weapons that have been stored using Fūinjutsu,typically they are stored within scrolls. When needed, the owner will activate the seals releasing their item or weapon of choice. Scrolls can also be used as ammunition for other weapons. The items themselves are unaffected by time. This Technique allows the user to seal any weapons they wish being their own or opponents.
Note: Cannot seal opponent's custom weapons, or the special weapons of a particular character ( example: Samehada or Kubikiribocho ).
Note: Can only seal corpses, and not injured people regardless of the extent of their injury.

This Jutsu is nice because you can mention in your body that you have this type of seal. You can store a variety of weapons as Tattoos. This isn't even limited to weapons, like for example I require a soccer ball for my CFS. I don't wanna carry that on me. With the tap of a finger, you can release the seal, and summon the object.

ᴍᴏᴏғʏ

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
16💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I asked LoK, and he told me that it requires physical contact with the seal to disrupt.

-The radius would be 2.5 meters, but the diameter would be 5 meters :p.
-Tough question, but I'd assume so.
-The prison wouldn't repel them or do any damage if someone tries to touch it.

-That's correct.

-This is also correct, you should not require Fuuin training to activate the scroll.

Description: A basic sealing technique where the user places one or more tags either directly on a target or on a technique which is restraining it. As its placed, a sealing formula spreads around the technique or the target, sealing it. This technique has been seen used with Sand ninjutsu, Earth, Water, Wood, Cloth Ninjutsu, etc but basically any technique in which you can apply the tags can be used. In the case of expert ninjas, the tags might even be incorporated into the restraining technique, with no need to actually manually place the tag or tags. Additionally, less experienced ninjas can find that throwing one or more kunais with the sealing tags attached at the technique which will trigger the same effect when the kunais stick on the technique. This prevents the target from moving, molding chakra or even being summoned.
Note: The seal takes a while to form, so most opponents can either counter the restraining technique (thus preventing the sealing formula of taking effect) or rip off the tags from themselves negating its effects entirely. If the target, however, fails to counter the restraining technique or is counter to it fails or if he doesn't remove the tags in his next move, then the seal will fully be placed and the target unable to release himself.
Note: This technique is specially designed to be used on summons and Edo Tensei Summons but will work on any opponent except Jinchurikiis.
Ok, so this Jutsu allows you to seal people, summons, or Edo Tensei'd people. You place a seal on the target (or on a technique restraining the target, like if you used wood pillars to prevent movement put them on the wood pillars). As you grow more experienced, you'll be able to incorporate the seal into your Jutsu with no need to manually place the seal.

Description: The user places this seal on the forehead of a Jinchuuriki influenced by the powers of a Bijuu, to forcibly cause the Bijuu's powers to recede. The Jinchuuriki becomes exhausted after this happens.
Note: This can only restrict Jinchuuriki in their Incomplete form, not when they completely transform into the Bijuu.

Simple enough jutsu, in case you are ever fighting a Jinchuriki. When he is in his incomplete form, simply apply the seal to his forehead, and forcefully with draw the Bijuu chakra. This will cause the Jinchuriki to revert to their normal human form.

Type: Supplementary , Defensive
Description: This technique is a standard ninja skill which allows a ninja to summon an assortment of items or weapons that have been stored using Fūinjutsu,typically they are stored within scrolls. When needed, the owner will activate the seals releasing their item or weapon of choice. Scrolls can also be used as ammunition for other weapons. The items themselves are unaffected by time. This Technique allows the user to seal any weapons they wish being their own or opponents.
Note: Cannot seal opponent's custom weapons, or the special weapons of a particular character ( example: Samehada or Kubikiribocho ).
Note: Can only seal corpses, and not injured people regardless of the extent of their injury.

This Jutsu is nice because you can mention in your body that you have this type of seal. You can store a variety of weapons as Tattoos. This isn't even limited to weapons, like for example I require a soccer ball for my CFS. I don't wanna carry that on me. With the tap of a finger, you can release the seal, and summon the object.
Oh okay, and if we go back to our earlier discussion about the seal being incorporated into the chakra to form the barrier, we can assume that as long as we are within the range of the barrier, we can shatter it by disturbing the seal (which would be the actual barrier itself?) Since there is no physical seal like a paper tag and such.

Mangetsu walks to a freshly made clone and takes out a slip of paper. In the slip of paper he writes the symbols for "Seal" as he places the paper on the clone's forehead. He then proceeds to activate the tag, initiating the binding ritual, preventing the clone from molding chakra and possibly dispersing?

Questions:
- What qualifies me as experienced enough to incorporate the sealing tags without placing them manually? Mastery over Sealing? (Once we complete training)
- When I get to the point of incorporating them into techniques, like water style as it mentions. Wouldn't the tags be damaged by the water? Or would they be preset in a chakra form, like chakra kanji seals spreading throughout? Or would paper slips magically emerge from my binding technique?
- If I incorporate this technique with Gushing Water Imprisonment, what happens to the sustainment of the water technique? Would I have to keep it, or would the sealing portion, maintain the water? If not, would the seal stay active on it's own at least?

No questions and pretty clear cut. Its a shame its restricted to Jinks only, but I would understand why that's the case.

Mangetsu reaches into his pouch and pulls out all of his projectile weapons. He also unravels a scroll and writes the Kanji for "Projectiles". Soon after, he channels his chakra activating the seal in order to store away the projectiles.

Questions:
- Can I store a combination of things inside a single seal, and just call forth what I want? For example a seal that calls forth, Kunais, shurikens, Kunais with flash bombs, etc etc. Also, I could store multiple items correct? For example, a lot of informative scrolls from archives etc etc.
- Can I store things such as water? And if so, would I be restricted to sealing it on a container, or could it be "freely" sealed? So I summon a small source?

The fact that time doesnt take it's toll on the items is interesting. I could even store away food without it spoiling!

Vex

Legendary
Kin
247💸
Kumi
-163💴
Trait Points
10⚔️
(Fūin Fuda ) – Sealing Tag

-Completion of training would suffice
-Depends on the technique, but I believe the paper would be able to maintain its structure and float on a technique.
-The seal would be in paper form on the water's surface.

-I'd say yeah
-A large source of water could potentially be sealed, although nothing too large.

(Fūin Wana Bakuhatsu ) – Sealing Trap Explosion
Type: Offensive, Defensive
Damage points: 40
Description: The user places a seal on a chosen location which when an enemy target draws closer to the seal it will release itself in activation to the enemy’s chakra and cause an explosion.

Pretty cool technique, you place the seal on an object or location. When an enemy is close to the seal, it explodes. You can even use this on kunai and throw them for a destination.

( Shikoku Mujin ) - Four Black Fog Battle Formation
Range: Close
Damage Points: N/A
Description: When the opponent is trapped inside a container of some sort, the user places five sealing tags, on each side of the container forming a rough pentagon shape. The opponent is then locked in suspended animation for one turn.
Note: If the opponent escapes the container or shatters it before all the tags are placed, he avoids the technique fully.

Maybe useful in NW if you are able to capture an opponent alive. But if you do, you place 5 seals around the container and then cause the opponent to be trapped in suspended animation unable to move or mold chakra. What kind of RPer would allow you to place 5 seals around a container and not counter, idk.

( Ho/Mizu/Kaze/Tsuchi/Rai Houin ) - Fire/Water/Wind/Earth/Lightning Sealing Method
Description: The user takes out a scroll, and writes the name of the element they wish to seal in it. They then make four handseals, and a vapour comes out of the scroll, envelops the technique they wish to seal and seals it back into the scroll.
Note: This technique can only seal one technique up to S-rank per usage
Note: This technique may be used only thrice.

One of the best canon seals. You take out a scroll, write the name of the element you wish to seal, then make four handseals. Then this smoke stuff comes out and seals the incoming jutsu. It works on elemental techniques up to S rank. It's also a good idea to mention in your bio you have these scrolls pre made, so you don't have to write the name of the element during battle.

(Kuchiyose: Raikō Kenka) - Summoning: Lightning Blade Creation
Chakra cost: N/A (-5 per tool/weapon)
Description: This is a special "ninja tool summon" that allows the user to seal basic ninja tools, like shurikens, kunais, swords, etc into sealing marks placed on their clothes or their body. The ninja tools can be summoned in an instant just by touching the sealing "marks". The greatest advantage of this technique is that the time between taking out a ninja tool, taking the right stance and actually throwing it is greatly reduced and one can unleash a barrage of weapons with great speed in a small time window. Also when a weapon such as a Fūma Shuriken is summoned, the time needed to throw it can be further shortened by having prepared the weapon in fully extended form beforehand. Sasuke even shown that you can have the weapons connected to wires and linked to their sealing marks and used the technique in sealing marks he placed in his wrist bracers.
Note: Can summon up to 30 basic tools per sealing mark and can have up to 2 sealing marks.

One of the more useless seals imo. It allows you to summon ninja tools, but the chakra cost is pretty significant. 5 per tool, summoning ten kunai is the equivalent of performing a forbidden ranked Jutsu. You can still add it to your bio if you want.

ᴍᴏᴏғʏ

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
16💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
(Fūin Fuda ) – Sealing Tag

-Completion of training would suffice
-Depends on the technique, but I believe the paper would be able to maintain its structure and float on a technique.
-The seal would be in paper form on the water's surface.

-I'd say yeah
-A large source of water could potentially be sealed, although nothing too large.

Type: Offensive, Defensive
Damage points: 40
Description: The user places a seal on a chosen location which when an enemy target draws closer to the seal it will release itself in activation to the enemy’s chakra and cause an explosion.

Pretty cool technique, you place the seal on an object or location. When an enemy is close to the seal, it explodes. You can even use this on kunai and throw them for a destination.

Range: Close
Description: When the opponent is trapped inside a container of some sort, the user places five sealing tags, on each side of the container forming a rough pentagon shape. The opponent is then locked in suspended animation for one turn.
Note: If the opponent escapes the container or shatters it before all the tags are placed, he avoids the technique fully.

Maybe useful in NW if you are able to capture an opponent alive. But if you do, you place 5 seals around the container and then cause the opponent to be trapped in suspended animation unable to move or mold chakra. What kind of RPer would allow you to place 5 seals around a container and not counter, idk.

( Ho/Mizu/Kaze/Tsuchi/Rai Houin ) - Fire/Water/Wind/Earth/Lightning Sealing Method
Description: The user takes out a scroll, and writes the name of the element they wish to seal in it. They then make four handseals, and a vapour comes out of the scroll, envelops the technique they wish to seal and seals it back into the scroll.
Note: This technique can only seal one technique up to S-rank per usage
Note: This technique may be used only thrice.

One of the best canon seals. You take out a scroll, write the name of the element you wish to seal, then make four handseals. Then this smoke stuff comes out and seals the incoming jutsu. It works on elemental techniques up to S rank. It's also a good idea to mention in your bio you have these scrolls pre made, so you don't have to write the name of the element during battle.

Chakra cost: N/A (-5 per tool/weapon)
Description: This is a special "ninja tool summon" that allows the user to seal basic ninja tools, like shurikens, kunais, swords, etc into sealing marks placed on their clothes or their body. The ninja tools can be summoned in an instant just by touching the sealing "marks". The greatest advantage of this technique is that the time between taking out a ninja tool, taking the right stance and actually throwing it is greatly reduced and one can unleash a barrage of weapons with great speed in a small time window. Also when a weapon such as a Fūma Shuriken is summoned, the time needed to throw it can be further shortened by having prepared the weapon in fully extended form beforehand. Sasuke even shown that you can have the weapons connected to wires and linked to their sealing marks and used the technique in sealing marks he placed in his wrist bracers.
Note: Can summon up to 30 basic tools per sealing mark and can have up to 2 sealing marks.

One of the more useless seals imo. It allows you to summon ninja tools, but the chakra cost is pretty significant. 5 per tool, summoning ten kunai is the equivalent of performing a forbidden ranked Jutsu. You can still add it to your bio if you want.

A pretty clear technique, it reminds me of a stronger and more strategical version of explosive tags. After placing them on something that user no longer has to will when to detonate them, so its beneficial. The opposite could be said as well since he no longer has control over them, and he can't choose who they explode on. Combining them with projectile weapons would be nice.

Q: Is the explosion made out of chakra, or something like the explosive tag, that has heat/flames?

Yeah I can't see this technique very useful in actual combat. As you said, its best used in the ninja world, and mainly after you've won a fight and you want to keep your opponent both trapped, and alive. There is no limit on how long they can stay, or any chakra deduction which is nice.

As you stated, its best to have the scrolls already premade as it is next to impossible to write them in the middle of battle unless you keep the target occupied. Very useful technique.

Q: Would the vapour expand as large as the incoming technique? Like what would happen if I were to try and seal majestic fire, a wide spread technique? Only a short range distance in front of me?

Q: Could I combine the Generic Sealing technique after sealing an element with this one? Thus allowing me to release what I had originally absorbed? For example, using the initial technique to seal a water technique and then the generic sealing technique to activate the water scroll to released the sealed volume of water?

At first glance it may seem useless but it could be used to summon larger weapons, or more significant weapons like swords and such. This would allow you to spend less chakra than opposed to using the generic sealing technique.

Vex

Legendary
Kin
247💸
Kumi
-163💴
Trait Points
10⚔️

-Heat/Flame

-I picture it almost like a drain. The opposing technique sort of being sucked into the scroll.
- I'll ask about that.

(Kyōkai Kekkai no Jutsu) - Boundary Barrier Technique
Range: Short - Long
Chakra cost: 30 (-10 per turn remaining active)
Description: This is a detection type barrier which is simply a more advanced version of the (Kekkai: Tengai Hojin) - Barrier: Dome Method Formation technique and that can be used to surround an area and allows the user to monitor a certain area covering from the sky to underneath the ground creating a sphere. The user will create a tag with the 許可 (Kyoka) Kanji and place it on the ground, doing the confrontation hand seal afterwards to activate it. After the barrier is erected, the user, if inside it, will be able to detect any enemy inside it, even if he hiding his presence. After that, anyone who enters or leaves the barrier is instantly detected as well as anything that moves inside it. Techniques that mask the users presence are ineffective at avoiding detection as the barrier focuses on movement and displacement of matter, not solely on chakra detection. The barrier can also be moved according to the requirements of the user by moving the tag.
Note: Can only be used twice.

Create a seal, then place the seal in any location to create a large dome with which you can sense. Invisibility and hiding your chakra won't work. Furthermore, the dome reaches up to mid range, and can detect even people underground. Something I just thought of was to put the seal on your own person. It makes it much harder to destroy or even detect.

ᴍᴏᴏғʏ

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
16💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

-Heat/Flame

-I picture it almost like a drain. The opposing technique sort of being sucked into the scroll.
- I'll ask about that.

Range: Short - Long
Chakra cost: 30 (-10 per turn remaining active)
Description: This is a detection type barrier which is simply a more advanced version of the (Kekkai: Tengai Hojin) - Barrier: Dome Method Formation technique and that can be used to surround an area and allows the user to monitor a certain area covering from the sky to underneath the ground creating a sphere. The user will create a tag with the 許可 (Kyoka) Kanji and place it on the ground, doing the confrontation hand seal afterwards to activate it. After the barrier is erected, the user, if inside it, will be able to detect any enemy inside it, even if he hiding his presence. After that, anyone who enters or leaves the barrier is instantly detected as well as anything that moves inside it. Techniques that mask the users presence are ineffective at avoiding detection as the barrier focuses on movement and displacement of matter, not solely on chakra detection. The barrier can also be moved according to the requirements of the user by moving the tag.

Create a seal, then place the seal in any location to create a large dome with which you can sense. Invisibility and hiding your chakra won't work. Furthermore, the dome reaches up to mid range, and can detect even people underground. Something I just thought of was to put the seal on your own person. It makes it much harder to destroy or even detect.
OOC: Okay, ty for answering!

I was meaning to create a method to sense while being concealed in the mist but I think this technique solves that issue nicely. As for the placing the tag on your person, I also was thinking the same thing, but was wondering if it was allowed since it state's it has to be placed on the ground? Also, you mentioned mid range barrier, but the range of the technique is up to long range, is there something up with that?

Vex

Legendary
Kin
247💸
Kumi
-163💴
Trait Points
10⚔️
Sorry, typo. I meant long lol.
Actually I discussed that with a mod. While it should work in theory, the jutsu description mentions the ground. I'd place it there, to be in the safe side.

(Tajū Mugen Hōyō ) - Multiple Infinite Embraces
Chakra cost: 30 (-100 to the target per turn, +100 to user per turn)
Description: This technique is a stronger version of Infinite Embraces and is used basically in the same manner. The user will do the Tiger → Dog → Horse → Dragon → Boar hand seals and slam his hands on the ground, creating a bigger barrier than the original technique but similar in its essence which drains the target's chakra but also pushes down on them making it much harder to break free. The massive pressure the technique puts on the target prevents the target from moving unless it has some sort of enhanced strength ability, making it very difficult to break free from it. Unable to move, the targets are also unable to mold chakra above A-Rank while having his chakra drained. The barrier can only be broken by A-Rank techniques or above or by attacking the user.

Make the handseals, and slam your palms on the ground. The barrier should be reddish pink, and would take a Jutsu of at least A rank to break. The barrier pushes down on the target, making it impossible for them to move. Good idea would be to use this on someone while they are in the swamp, or with a clone. They could also just put you into a genjutsu to stop the barrier, as it is not self-sustainjng.

ᴍᴏᴏғʏ

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
16💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Sorry, typo. I meant long lol.
Actually I discussed that with a mod. While it should work in theory, the jutsu description mentions the ground. I'd place it there, to be in the safe side.

(Tajū Mugen Hōyō ) - Multiple Infinite Embraces
Chakra cost: 30 (-100 to the target per turn, +100 to user per turn)
Description: This technique is a stronger version of Infinite Embraces and is used basically in the same manner. The user will do the Tiger → Dog → Horse → Dragon → Boar hand seals and slam his hands on the ground, creating a bigger barrier than the original technique but similar in its essence which drains the target's chakra but also pushes down on them making it much harder to break free. The massive pressure the technique puts on the target prevents the target from moving unless it has some sort of enhanced strength ability, making it very difficult to break free from it. Unable to move, the targets are also unable to mold chakra above A-Rank while having his chakra drained. The barrier can only be broken by A-Rank techniques or above or by attacking the user.

Make the handseals, and slam your palms on the ground. The barrier should be reddish pink, and would take a Jutsu of at least A rank to break. The barrier pushes down on the target, making it impossible for them to move. Good idea would be to use this on someone while they are in the swamp, or with a clone. They could also just put you into a genjutsu to stop the barrier, as it is not self-sustainjng.
Mangetsu gestures the shown hand seals and finishes it off by slamming his hands on the ground, focusing on his chakra and creating a barrier around a clone that holds a pink hue to it. The barrier begins by absorbing the chakra of the clone, as the great pressure caused by it prevents him from physically moving. (Unsure if it would cause the clone to disperse or not)

Do my hands need to stay on the ground to sustain the technique? And I assume if I had a clone and was able to attack, my own attack would hit and break the barrier? (So long as it was strong enough ofc.) Also, if I enhanced my muscles with he Hydrification technique, would that be good enough to break from the physical hold? (At least with said enhanced limb?)

Vex

Legendary
Kin
247💸
Kumi
-163💴
Trait Points
10⚔️
Yes
You are correct, but if the attack were to materialize in the barrier (like swamp), it would be fine. Projectile attacks of a great enough magnitude would break the barrier though.

I admit, I'm not that knowledgeable in terms of the Hozuki, but in my opinion, I'd say no. The enhanced strength is (if my memory is correct) applied only to a single limb. Perhaps that singular limb becomes in restricted, but the body as a whole would still be bound.

(Hijutsu: Fūinjutsu Kai ) – Secret Technique: Sealing Release
Chakra cost: 30
Description: The user can use this technique to dispel sealing methods through channelling their chakra in direct contact with a seal.
Note: Can only dispel Sealing methods B rank and below.
Note: Requires extensive Fuuinjutsu training.

So you use this jutsu to make physical contact with a seal (again being careful, since some seals will kill you if you touch them or go near them) and would then deliver a focused burst of chakra to the seal, disrupting the binding portion of the seal.

( Fūinjutsu: Seikatsu Kekkai ) – Sealing Technique: Living Barrier
Chakra cost: 30 (-15 per turn active)
Description: The user takes out two bladed objects and crosses them. This creates a seal that seals away 50% of the chakra of any opponents within short-range of the user, allowing them to use only upto A-rank techniques.
Note: Sealing Method lasts 2 turns maximum.
Note: If the opponent moves out of short range, he regains his original abilities

Not that I'd ever catch you short range of an opponent, but on the very (very) rare occasion it happens, this jutsu would be a possible use. I'd recommend using it through a clone, as you are relatively vulnerable while using it. Cross two swords, and use them to seal off half the opponent's chakra whilst he is in short range. You could use this in conjunction with elemental jutsu if you have a clone or summon.

( Keiyaku Fūin ) – Contract Seal
Chakra cost: 30
Description: The user, after having obtained some of the opponent's blood, touches a summoning that the opponent is controlling, causing a kanji formula to generate which forces the summoner to lose control of that summon. The summon does not fight for the user, but instead disappears back to its summon realm.

One of the most useless canon seals. Attain some of your opponent's blood during the battle, then make physical contact with his summon. This jutsu would then cause the summon to disperse.

( Suji Haji Fūin ) - Muscle Restriction Seal
Chakra Cost: 30
Description: A special fuuinjutsu utilized by taking a tag that bears the symbol for "Restrict". When placed upon the opponent it generates an electrical current that is not physically harmful. However this flows through the nervous system and restricts the movement of muscles. This slows down the opponent and prevents him from using A-rank Tai and above for three turns.

Ok so place this special tag on the opponent, disrupting their taijutsu usage. This is done by using a non offensive current to slow down the 'firing off' of motor and sensory neurons. The slow down prevents the opponent from using taijutsu above A rank until the seal wears off.

( Shishienjin ) - Four Violet Flames Battle Encampment
Chakra Cost: 30 (-10 per turn to sustain)
Damage Points: N/A ( 60 if the opponent makes physical contact with the barrier )
Description: This technique requires four people or clones to use. The people must be standing forming a square, they will then make the snake handseal and clasp their hands. A barrier forms around them on all sides, stopping anyone from outside from coming into the square. If they touch the walls, they will be burnt by violet flames. The casters can add a secondary barrier outside to prevent them from being attacked by enemies on the outside of the square; although by doing so, they are unable to attack as well. Each barrier can sustain any A-Rank technique.
Note: Requires 4 ninjas or 4 clones to use.

Make 3 clones (idk why it says four, since it only requires four people) and have then make them stand in a square formation around the opponent. Then have them make the snake seal and clasp their hands together, this should cause a cubical barrier of chakra to manifest. The barrier will burn anyone who touches it to ash, and can only be destroyed by an equally ranked Elemental Jutsu.