Banned
Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
This thread is for discussing the next generation of the Microsoft console.

The Xbox One

And game exclusives!

Post what you personally think of what you have seen of the console so far, your expectations, maybe "dream-come-true" exclusive. Etc.
Won't tolerate posts like "Xbox One sucks". Even if you think that, it would be nice if you stated why you think that. Much like in the GFX section, when you like a piece of art. You don't just say "I like this". You have to elaborate, and share your reasons for it.
Calling developers stupid isn't really nice either. So if you don't agree of what they do, just say that.

What we have here on Xbox One:

[video=youtube;-bFVptu6QbY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bFVptu6QbY[/video]

What we basically have here:

-The console needs to be hooked up to the internet, atleast once a day.

-You cannot play used games.

-A lot of "Innovation" has been in focus. Meaning tablets, cellphones, Tv's etc will be united with the Xbox One.

-If a friend wants to borrow your game, he/she needs to pay a fee for it.

-Lacks Analog inputs, meaning you cannot used it on a screen that lacks HDMI.

-Kinect 2(a more precise version of the current Kinect). Will also be shipped with the console.

-Blu-Ray drive(guess they gave up on the HD-DVD :rolleyes:)

-Integrated Skype.

-Voice Commands.

-8GGB RAM drive DDR3.

-500GB HD.

-8 Core Microsoft custom CPU.

-HDMI input and output (4K support), Optical output.

-Integrated WiFi.

-USB 3.0.

The E3 is going on, so there will be a lot of more reveals coming up soon.

So feel free to add more information, and important one if i missed that :).​

My personal opinions is shared with guy.
(Viewer discretion is advised).

Last edited:

Hypemaster

Elite
Kin
6💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Re: The Official Xbox One Discussion Thread

You can add that it's selling for $499 and yeah I agree with angry joe as well, just not as passionate since I've never been an Xbox user

Kettei

Legendary
Kin
13💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Re: The Official Xbox One Discussion & News Thread

Can't be played on tvs without HDMI?That sucks.I play my Xbox in my room and its kinda old.

AngryRock

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Re: The Official Xbox One Discussion & News Thread

Pretty nice games, but a horrible machine.

Can't be played on tvs without HDMI?That sucks.I play my Xbox in my room and its kinda old.
Upgrade to the new standard already. You can get 19" 720p tvs for $69 bucks now.

Bijuu13

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
2,500💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
There is no pleasing all consumers.
They put all their focus on the games and people are still frustrated.

(BF4,Halo, and many more, are gonna be amazing!)

Silico

Banned
Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I just don't feel comfortable switching. I have been xbox since forever. I hate ps3 controls. But hell I might have to get used to it.
Yeah, Xbox has always had better controls i think many can agree on that..

But, tbh. The new controller for the PS4 looks better than the controller for Xbox One imo x)

Parrish

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Wasn't the Halo franchise going to stay on Windows 8? O___O
I think they made a game for it, but they announced Halo 5 at E3 this year for Xbox One only.

I just don't feel comfortable switching. I have been xbox since forever. I hate ps3 controls. But hell I might have to get used to it.
Yeah I understand I've had both the 360 and PS3, but the 360 is better for online. And i agree the controller for the 360 was definitely better excluding the D-Pad.

Hexuze

Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Let's not forget this... OP you must update your post with this.
[video=youtube;Ls00hpgTqCI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ls00hpgTqCI[/video]

PositiveEmotions

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The director of Xbox One Yusuf Mehdi: "In the long run our console will win"
Yusuf Mehdi is the head of the Xbox One of Microsoft. In the E3 video game trade show was presented almost while archrival Sony PlayStation 4, but with a substantial price difference against.

Question. During E3 has given PlayStation 4 as a winner, especially for its price, 100 euros cheaper. What do you think?

Answer. Which at E3 is not won or lost, but it will only play. We unveiled 20 titles for Xbox One, of which 17 are exclusive to this console. I do not think Sony can say the same. What I hear is that output, we are better positioned, with a complete value proposition. With the installed Skype voice service and Kinect motion sensor included. No use to me win a show, because the test will be the consumer. In the long run our console wins.

Q. Why is it always mandatory to have the console connected?

A. Not exactly. To play online you do need, to play in the cloud, too. It is designed so that if the connection drops keep things running even when you're offline.

Q. Is not it excessive to have to connect at least every 24 hours for it to work?

A. No. It is a mere connection to check who the user is and what is in your account. It requires a powerful connection. Just use a mobile for the check.

Q. How will the loan system and game sales?

R. Advanced and social. It may provide a title to a close friend, carrying at least 30 days on our list. In addition, you can share access to the catalog with a total of 10 friends or family members. This will, to go to each one of them, do not need to bring anything to play the titles of the visitor. The collection will be in the cloud.

Q. Are we witnessing the last generation hardware?

A. I do not know how much life is left to record, but could have done without. I understand that there are moments when you want to have the physical product, as with children at Christmas, you do not have patience to download. Each country is different, with their customs, and other connections, so we decided to leave.

Q. What is the life cycle of Xbox One?

R. I dare not give a date. In the 360, which is seven years, you still have some time ahead. So we got a new one to think ahead on margin.