Rohan

Supreme
Kin
1,041💸
Kumi
1,522💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I was reading the Boruto Chapter 1, when Boruto activates his Byakugan, his tattoo covers his entire right eye. The design of the eye tattoo is the exact same snake eye tattoo that people have who have Orochimaru's power. I was shocked when I saw it.

Here's the pic of Boruto's Snake Mark :

You must be registered for see images

Perhaps the snake has finally put the seeds of corruption in Boruto?

Last edited:

Orochimagus

Regular
Kin
4💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Kawaii has it too if you look closely. Anyways, you can see the straight out Oro eye style in this pic better.

The cursed marks on their arms also look very familiar but cannot pin it...

Also, is Kawaii a fusion of Naruto and Sasuke taken over by Orochimaru/Mitsuki hence the 7th being gone? -- Oh wait, he's in the promo art suspiciously turning away from the camera just like Naruto and Sasuke...

As a little side note, I didn't know the goddess of healing had this symbol...

Well, whatever the case, Orochimaru looks to be most likely involved. I guess Tobidara is manipulating The Demon from the shadows...

Last edited:

Rohan

Supreme
Kin
1,041💸
Kumi
1,522💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Kawaii has it too if you look closely. Anyways, you can see the straight out Oro eye style in this pic better.

The cursed marks on their arms also look very familiar but cannot pin it...

Also, is Kawaii a fusion of Naruto and Sasuke taken over by Orochimaru/Mitsuki hence the 7th being gone?

As a little side note, I didn't know the goddess of healing had this symbol...

Well, whatever the case, Orochimaru looks to be most likely involved. I guess Tobidara is manipulating The Demon from the shadows...
From Kawaki's wording it would seem that A) Naruto is dead or B) Naruto is incapacitated in another dimension.

Now we know that Yang Kuruma did not return to Naruto's body at the end of the Fourth Shinobi World War. He was perhaps in the wild and was free. Without Naruto's protection, it's possible that Yang Kuruma was captured and sealed in Kawaki. With Yang Kuruma in his possession, Kawaki could become Naruto's equal (almost) and potentially defeat him. Boruto was somehow present in the fight and a point came where Naruto could either save himself or Boruto.

I think Naruto saved Boruto and gave him Yin Kuruma as a farewell gift. It's also possible that Boruto was mortally wounded in the fight (Kawaki perhaps gave him the scar) and the only way to save him was to give him Yin Kuruma. This would mirror Minato who did the same to save his son, Naruto in the war arc. It would also mirror Obito's gift of Sharingan (Naruto looks like Obito). By doing so the base of the prophecy was laid and the shock of the death of his father led to awakening of Boruto's Byakugan.

After Boruto's escape Kawaki perhaps rampaged on Konoha. The claw marks on the destroyed Hokage Monument support that Yang Kuruma could have been involved in the destruction of Konoha.

Kawaki as Yang Kuruma's Jin has the Red tattoo marks representing the flow of Yang Kuruma's chakra in his body. Yang is mostly represented in the red section of colors.

Conversely, Boruto is the jin of Yin Kuruma snd Yin Kuruma's main motive in supporting Boruto would be to save Konoha but also rescue his other half. The Blue tattoo marks represent the flow of Yin Kuruma's chakra in Boruto's body. Yin is mostly represented in the Blue and Purple section of colors.

I can see this becoming a Yin Kuruma Jin (Boruto) VS Yang Kuruma Jin (Kawaki) mega fight (Rabbit Teth's plot idea might come true in a different way) . The fight has the VOTE fight feels and mirrors Naruto and Sasuke except that Yang is evil and Yin is good now.

Neither of the parties had these curse mark tattoos till they were shown at that point, Kuruma is hinted to have been involved in Konoha's destruction and bijuu chakra (Especially Kuruma) has shown curse mark tattoo traits. Both perhaps obtained the tattoos after they became the Jins of Kuruma's two halves. Even thier Shinju Tattoo Pattern (Flowers and Leaves) makes sense cause the Bijuus are a part of the Shinju. What makes the Kuruma theory even stronger is that both Tattoos are exact duplicates and differ only in color. The only difference is that Boruto has the Oro Mark.

I think the Oro eye mark would be a different color, Purple being the best bet as the eye mark has always been shown to be purple. It was perhaps to hide this minute detail that the activation page of Boruto's Byakugan was white and black page, not color page even though the previous pages were all color.

About the Snake appearing in the symbol of Goddess of Healing, I think it makes sense if we consider that most antidotes are made from Poison and sometimes even Poison is used to negate another poison or cure other diseases. Poison has always been associated with Snakes so that's why it appears in the symbol.

Last edited:

Orochimagus

Regular
Kin
4💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I'd like to add the Kaguya filler mentioned the demon by the god tree before Kaguya ate the fruit...

Last edited:

Orochimagus

Regular
Kin
4💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Perhaps chakra spread about back then when the Shinju landed. Such a big tree having roots to the world could have spread its chakra bit by bit in nature.

Ganamaru saw it all. Maybe Tobidara was hiding in the shadows when he saw the comet land...

Orochimagus

Regular
Kin
4💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Well, remember Boruto's eyes are bluer than Naruto's.

Anyways upon watching an old pic of the tentails...

I really think it does not sound like Kaguya at all. She did not create Japan or chakra itself but got it from the tree which is more ancient than she is. The other aliens seemed to have regular Rinnegans, but Kaguya specifically got a Rinne-Sharingan instead. Seems there is something special about the God Tree in earth.

And god does she look like the Reaper Death Seal. What if she has so little personality because Hagoromo and Indra split her conscience between the tree and the Shinigami?

Last edited:

Rabbit Teth

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
These last two weeks we’ve gotten a whole heap of backstory on the nature and origins of Chakra in the Narutoverse as well as a couple more hints as to the nature of the Demon. Assuming that all this new material is cannon, I think it’s worth updating the general thesis on the true power of Orochimaru. This theory is still largely speculation but more and more clues keep on cropping up to suggest to me at least that Oro is a whole lot more than some fodder villain kept around for comic relief.

With the new Boruto chapter we were introduced to a new nemesis for Boruto but these Boruto chapters are not being written by Kishi. I think Kishi is holding Oro back to be his own final villain for when he actually decides to call it a day on his manga once and for all (he’s currently on at least his third retirement from the manga). With that in mind I thought I would focus on the new developments and some of the more obscure hints that the Demon’s plans are slowly coming to fruition.

Continuing the loosely themed soundtrack here’s Blue Swede with Uga Chaka (or to give it its proper title … Hooked on a Feeling)

[video=youtube;109xEXkCW7c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=109xEXkCW7c[/video]

Celestials
Some of this is new, some of it old and a lot of it is based on sources other than the manga but which are potential sources of inspiration for what Kishi writes and draws. Putting it all together is at best an inexact science but as usual I’ll try and use what we know and fill in the gaps with some informed guesswork. This time I thought I would focus on the origin story and the ramifications for Naruto and his son.

First up I think it is worth recounting the timeline of the arrival of Chakra to the Ninja Kingdoms. Chakra does not appear to have existed in the Ninja kingdoms prior to the arrival of the Shinju’s meteorite:
Why is this significant? It shows us that the Chakra was indeed something of alien origin. This ties in with what Hagoromo was trying to explain to Naruto when they first met:
It is also worth noting the colour scheme of the meteorite – purple and orange – what is special about these two colours? They are the colours of Naruto and Hinata or at least their chakra. If Brouto has inherited both his parents chakra then a case could be made that he is the true heir to the Shinju… or maybe it’s just coincidence but I thought it might be worth pointing out:
Prior to the arrival of the Shinju, no humans are able to wield chakra as a weapon. Kaguya has command of the Byakugan before she ever eats the fruit of the Shinju but on her arrival all the humans are still using bows and arrows and swords rather than any chakra based techniques. I do not classify Kaguya as a human since she came from the heavens. Indeed I think the best term to describe her in English would be as some kind of celestial (one who comes from the sky). In more classical terminology she fits the description of a Tennyo or Aspara a sort of heavenly creature, usually depicted with pale white skin, that are said to descend from the court of the gods in Buddhist and Hindu mythology:
Tennyo
Celestial
Humans were not the first on Earth to acquire Chakra though. Thousands of years before Kaguya arrived, the Shinju had already laid its roots. The first creatures to take an interest in the Shinju were the frogs:
I’m not sure whether this frog was Gamamaru … but whether it was or not, we soon learned that the frogs were able to use Sage Mode and chakra techniques (specifically water techniques) before Hagoromo ever spread his teachings / had kids of his own:
Gamamaru
Gamamaru using water techniques

We also learned that the Demon was active from within the confines of the Shinju long before Kaguya arrived – indeed this is the first time we have ever had confirmation of the existence of a demonic force that can infect and take over other beings – the basic premise of this theory:
When Kaguya eats the Fruit of the Shinju she instantly grows horns. I think this establishes that the Demon in his true form is likely to have had great horns. Indeed I think we’ve already had a glimpse of this beast, way back when Karin sensed a force within Sasuke during Team Hebi’s assault on the Kage Summit
I think there might be varying amounts of this Demon Spirit dispersed amongst the entire Ninja population, many of who or all are likely direct descendants (to a greater or lesser degree) from Kaguya and the Demon Spirit formerly trapped within the Shinju. Normally there is too little to detect but Karin seems to recognise the dark presence in Naruto as well. I do wonder whether this evil chakra reminds her of Orochimaru’s Chakra … she never does finish her sentence:
One key feature of those with the strongest lineage from the Demon Spirit and the Shinju is horns – to put it bluntly, the stronger the blood inheritance the bigger the horns. Kaguya has the biggest horns – being the first to consume part of the Demon Spirit:
Kaguya
Hagoromo and Hamura have the next biggest horns:
Naruto does not have physical horns – but he does acquire Chakra horns when he activates his Chakra cloak:
Sasuke’s horns turn up on his Susanoo
Horns are do not just appear on Naruto and Sasuke – I think others with strong lineage also tend to either have horns or incorporate them into their techniques (to celebrate their lineage) – for instance I’ve argued previously that the Kazekage’s Clan is likely to be descended from Hagoromo (the red hair like the Uzumaki clan / compatibility with Bijuu to serve as Jinchuuriki) – Here is Shinki of the Kazekage Clan and an heir to the iron sand technique:
Ancestors dressed as Fruit of the Shinju

and that the horned / horn wearing Gold and Silver brothers suspected of being Sage descendants by the Raikage:
Kinkaku and Ginkaku

This leads me to the Cursed Seal. It’s never been entirely clear how the Cursed Seal actually works. In the past it has seemed like some kind of dangerous steroid that can grant a major power boost at the cost of one’s soul. Now I’m thinking that the Cursed Seal activated that part of the Demon Spirit that exists in all descendants of Kaguya. I suspect that most of the main families in each of the villages can trace part of their lineage back to Kaguya which is why they are most commonly selected to serve as Jinchuuriki. If you were to put a figure on exactly what proportion of the Ninja world had something of the Demon inside them, then I think the answer would be the same as the survival rate for the Cursed Seal:

That said this might instead be the proportion of Ninja with enough Demon Spirit legacy to activate in their lineage. When Oro can find a community with Demon Spirit left remaining in them … bad things happen:
Spontaneous Horn Growth
Oro’ s research in the past seems to have been concentrated on finding Descendants of the Sage and upon activating the latent abilities contained within their blood – something he knows far too much about:

Trial Runs
How does Oro know so much? It may be that Oro’s consciousness is the Demon’s consciousness. We are yet to find out why Kaguya was sent to watch over the tree. She mentions keeping the “others” away from it. Perhaps her task was to stop these “others” from something that had been trapped inside. A little piece of Oro’s consciousness is contained within every Cursed Seal. If the Cursed Seal’s function is to release the Demon Spirit then perhaps the Demon Spirit was Oro’s Spirit in the first place:
Split Consciousness
Keeping Guard for the “Others”
Kinshiki and Momoshiki from Boruto the Movie were two of these others but I wouldn’t rule out there being at least one more. If you take Kaguya / Momoshiki and Kinshiki as examples of Celestials and Hagoromo and Hamura as Half Celestials then you should notice a pattern in terms of their key features. Pale White Skin and Special Robes are the key features of first gen Celestials.
Kaguya
By the Second Generation, the Pale skin has acquired more pigment (mixed race / part Tenji)
The Horns are not an inherent feature of the Ootsutsuki. They only belong to those who have eaten a fruit of the Shinju or those who are descended from one who has. Kaguya had no horns prior to eating the fruit:
Before
After
Kinshiki and Momshiki were able to grow and eat fruit on their dimension’s planet, which is why they have horns. I’m wondering whether Oro is one of the Other’s that Kaguya was so worried about – he definitely looks like one… he even has the Tomoe Robes of Kaguya and her sons (royal markings?):
I think there is now a strong case to suggest that Oro is not of this Earth and could be counted amongst those other Ootsutsuki that worried Kaguya so much:
Ootsutsukis
This brings me to one last question that has been bothering me. Why is Oro neither specifically male nor female? While looking up Japanese gods I stumbled on a potential explanation. Japanese gods tend to form a hierarchy. Younger gods tend to be either male or female but older gods tend to be both. This is in part thanks to the origins of Japenese religion in mainland Buddhist and Taoist traditions. Later gods tend to be male or female because they were created after the separation of Yin and Yang (Yin usually corresponding to Female and Yang to Male). Earlier gods tend to be both male and female because they were created before order came to the Universe. Amenominakanushi (the name of the third eye technique) is one such god who emerged from the primordial chaos and Amatsumikaboshi (god of chaos) is another. Amenominaka is the ability Kaguya acquired after eating the fruit.
It is also common for Snake gods to be both male and female. In Japan Ugajin can tke both male and female form. Ugajin is a god of harvest and fertility (Uga Chaka):
Ugajin Male and Female

Oro does not strike me as a friendly god of harvest:
Personally I think Oro fits more into the tradition of associating snakes with the Curse of Hatred, gods of chaos and ancient evil… but maybe that’s just me.

Last edited:

Rabbit Teth

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
This scene gave me an Idea.

It shows Kaguya's Byakugan defeating Hamura's Byakugan.

Kaguya's reasoning was that her Byakugan was far superior.

Perhaps this was the reason why Hamura creating the Tenseigan, a Doujutsu on Par with Kaguya's Byakugan ? :hmm:
It’s not clear but the reason for the Tenseigan ties in with my previous post (bottom of the last page for anyone looking). Kaguya and the other Ootsutsuki are “Celestials”. They have their own prophecies and missions that we know very little about. You will remember that Toneri in the Last followed a false prophecy to his defeat called the “Hamura’s Celestial Decree”. Hamura himself urged Hinata not to follow Toneri and yet some strange voice urged Toneri on towards destroying the world (the Demon’s voice?). So much more to find out but at least we're starting to get some progress.

Toneri followed what he thought were Hamura’s instructions …
Hamura’s Celestial Decree
Toneri heard voices telling him to do the wrong thing
Hamura wanted Hinata to stop him

Kaguya had a mission which involved growing the fruit

This mission involved sucking the land dry of its natural energy

She went against her mission and ate the fruit to protect her kids
She then had to grow an army to prevent retribution for her sins from the "others"

That's as much as I can piece together. I imagine that Hamura's Tenseigan was supposed to keep the "others" away rather than to destroy the world but that's just a guess. I hope we get more flashbacks to fill in the gaps. I'm looking forward to an explanation of the origins of the Gedo Mazo, the Ootsutsuki civil war and where exactly Kaguya came from. At the current rate of storytelling it will only take another decade… sigh.

Orochimagus

Regular
Kin
4💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Any reason why earth's fruit is different? If I recall the curse of hatred comes from those marks appearing on the Sharingan.

Anyways, the statue seems to just be like Kaguya's Shinsuusenju...

And who is the third Ootsutsuki?

Orochimagus

Regular
Kin
4💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
So were Princess Kaguya, Kinshiki, and Momoshiki all sent by Emperor Shao Kahn Ootsutsuki to syphon planetary energy for himself?

If so, that sorta reminds me of Lavos from Chrono Trigger who went from planet to planet sucking up the core's energy. A splinter of his shell cut off and granted humanity his energy which made its brain size evolve. Later on the planet itself conjured up a plan where it created nature-infused dragons to try to save itself.

If that parallel is the case, King Ootsutsuki's sending parts of his power/seed to the planets and have his men return the fruits of his labor to him. That would make him the demon and it may be what corrupted Kaguya who tried to claim a portion of his power as his own.

Rohan

Supreme
Kin
1,041💸
Kumi
1,522💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Any reason why earth's fruit is different? If I recall the curse of hatred comes from those marks appearing on the Sharingan.

Anyways, the statue seems to just be like Kaguya's Shinsuusenju...

And who is the third Ootsutsuki?

I have no idea. The design is similar to Deva Pain though. Seems like he will be a new character ?

Also the statue in Kaguya's castle was clearly shown in Boruto chapter 2.

The statue is of Kaguya.