[Recommendations]Looking for something new to read/watch?

Chakra Wizard

Elite
Kin
14💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Right now, I want to find a series with good characters in it. By that, I mean the ones that come off as really well-written and memorable (characterization, development, just anything to make them stand out from the crowd), not something with just a bunch of various personalities like One Piece.

Ones I've watched to explain what I mean:

• Cowboy Bebop (Spike Spiegel)
  • Neon Genesis Evangelion (Shinji, Asuka, Rei)
  • Fullmetal Alchemist (Edward Elric)
  • Death Note (Light Yagami, L)
  • Ghost in the Shell (Motoko Kusanagi)
  • Monster (Johan Liebert)
  • Rurouni Kenshin (Kenshin Himura)
Y'know, those characters that really stand the test of time for how great they are. I'm up for anything, so genre doesn't matter. So long as there's some great characters in there:)

Here's my personal list:

Drakengard

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Right now, I want to find a series with good characters in it. By that, I mean the ones that come off as really well-written and memorable (characterization, development, just anything to make them stand out from the crowd), not something with just a bunch of various personalities like One Piece.

Ones I've watched to explain what I mean:

• Cowboy Bebop (Spike Spiegel)
  • Neon Genesis Evangelion (Shinji, Asuka, Rei)
  • Fullmetal Alchemist (Edward Elric)
  • Death Note (Light Yagami, L)
  • Ghost in the Shell (Motoko Kusanagi)
  • Monster (Johan Liebert)
  • Rurouni Kenshin (Kenshin Himura)
Y'know, those characters that really stand the test of time for how great they are. I'm up for anything, so genre doesn't matter. So long as there's some great characters in there:)

Here's my personal list:
Anime I'm guessing?

Drakengard

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Anime's a medium in the industry, man, not a series or genre. lol
I was just wondering cause it all looked like anime lol

20th Century Boys is a good one if you didn't try it already since you liked Monster (made by the same guy and kinda feels the same). It's longer and even a bit slower at some points, but some ppl consider Friend to be better than Johan (not everybody though). There's a lot of characters and most of them play a role by the end of the series.

Chakra Wizard

Elite
Kin
14💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I was just wondering cause it all looked like anime lol

20th Century Boys is a good one if you didn't try it already since you liked Monster (made by the same guy and kinda feels the same). It's longer and even a bit slower at some points, but some ppl consider Friend to be better than Johan (not everybody though). There's a lot of characters and most of them play a role by the end of the series.
I'll add it to my list, man, but I really prefer anime at the moment. I usually don't go out of my way to read manga (except the Big 3) unless the anime really pissed me off (i.e. Air Gear). lol

Tera Path

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I'll add it to my list, man, but I really prefer anime at the moment. I usually don't go out of my way to read manga (except the Big 3) unless the anime really pissed me off (i.e. Air Gear). lol
Your manga and anime knowledge surpasses mine so I'll try my best to find some.

These are some anime that I'm thinking about, some might already be on your ''yet to watch'' list but I'll recommend them anyways.

Monogatari series - This is a very unique anime, the art style really caught my eye and the way that characters always tilt their heads and strike poses.

Claymore

Corpse Party - Just for the lolz. This is just a sub-par anime but I felt like recommending it to you. Do not watch if you're easily grossed out because this contains high quantities of gore.

Hyouka

Kanon

ef ~ A Tale of Memories

Voices of a Distant Star

5 CM per second

Garden of Words

The Place Promised in Our Early Days

Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom

Aoi Bungaku Series

Log Horizon

And some funny anime

No Game No Life

Mangaka-san to Assistant-san

Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo

Oh yeah........ don't watch Yosuga no Sora: In Solitude, Where We Are Least Alone.
This is upon the shittiest anime I've ever seen aside from some others which only revolve around ***.

Chakra Wizard

Elite
Kin
14💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Your manga and anime knowledge surpasses mine so I'll try my best to find some.

These are some anime that I'm thinking about, some might already be on your ''yet to watch'' list but I'll recommend them anyways.

Monogatari series - This is a very unique anime, the art style really caught my eye and the way that characters always tilt their heads and strike poses.

Claymore

Corpse Party - Just for the lolz. This is just a sub-par anime but I felt like recommending it to you. Do not watch if you're easily grossed out because this contains high quantities of gore.

Hyouka

Kanon

ef ~ A Tale of Memories

Voices of a Distant Star

5 CM per second

Garden of Words

The Place Promised in Our Early Days

Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom

Aoi Bungaku Series

Log Horizon

And some funny anime

No Game No Life

Oh yeah........ don't watch Yosuga no Sora: In Solitude, Where We Are Least Alone.
This is upon the shittiest anime I've ever seen aside from some others which only revolve around ***.
Series with all-time great characters?

Tera Path

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Series with all-time great characters?
I'll scrape anything then that I'll consider without great/memorable characters.

Don't watch

Claymore
Corpse Party
Hyouka

And maybe Kanon and ef ~ A Tale of Memories, I heard they were really similar to Clannad and made by the same people but I haven't watched them yet.

Chakra Wizard

Elite
Kin
14💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I'll scrape anything then that I'll consider without great/memorable characters.

Don't watch

Claymore
Corpse Party
Hyouka

And maybe Kanon and ef ~ A Tale of Memories, I heard they were really similar to Clannad and made by the same people but I haven't watched them yet.
I might look around at a few of those you kept. Appreciate it*_*

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Anime help

Hey, I'm pretty much a "newbie" in terms of Anime.
The only Animes I've watched are Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, Death Note, Fairy Tail and just finished Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood and really, really enjoyed it.

Now I want to start another Anime, but not one with more than 100 Episodes.
Up to 50 Episodes would be perfect.
The Genres I prefer are:
Action
Fantasy
Super Power

There are also Genres I hate, which are
Horror
Mecha
Romance

I'd really appreciate it if you recommend me some based on the ones I like an the Genres I like :)
Thanks In Advance :)

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Re: Anime help

First of all, thanks guys for the recommendations, but some of you clearly didn't read what I wrote at the beginning. I said no "Mecha" Genre, and Code Geass is Mecha I think. Also, no Animes with more than 50 Episodes :)

how do you hate horror?
Don't know m8, I don't even watch Horror Movies. I'm not the Horror-Type of Man lol

Is Soul eater worth the watch?

Last edited:

sasui

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Re: Anime help

Mirai nikki
akame ga kill
shingeki no kyojin
soul eater
amnesia
hamatora
btoom
sword art online (1 & 2)
ao no exorcist
steins gate
durarara
deadman wonderland
pandora hearts
uninhabitated planet survive

i can't find many anime series without romance so you just skip the romantic part.