[Discussion] Black clover: What do you think of the manga so far?

Avani

Supreme
Kin
5,456💸
Kumi
483💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Now that the series is reaching 100 chapters soon ( chapter 98 so far) how do you think it's doing? For example:

# Do you like the way story is told and progressing?

# The direction it seems to be going and it's pace?

# Do you like how some of the battles start back to back with little pause in between?

# Do you think character have been fleshed out decently enough?

# Anything you wanted to see more or less of, or hope the writer pays more work in to?

Last edited:

Avani

Supreme
Kin
5,456💸
Kumi
483💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Kinda boring to be honest.

It's pretty much Naruto with Magic and more talk no jutsu
Actually I think Naruto was much better written - at least at that point of time even if many didn't like how it ended. I kind of hoped this one could pull it off better improving on things Naruto didn't do that well -e.g. Tabata came up with better comic scenes and more interesting female characters ...

But lately the writer seems to be trying to demonstrate why Naruto was Naruto and this one won't last. It's a shame because Tabata seemed to have more potential than this at least but the story needs more work. He rushes through it.

Last edited:

iNotorious

Immortal
Kin
808💸
Kumi
5,854💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Do you like the way story is told and progressing?
Yeah, I like the way the mangaka is portraying his story and the characters so far are likable. The main character doesn't annoy me so that's a plus and he's a badass.

The direction it seems to be going and it's pace?
Well this is a new manga and the way the mangaka is going is just fine in my opinion. We can't jump into the heavy stuff too fast. First we have to know who the world works, what kind of characters we're going to get attached to and which enemies our characters will have to deal with in the future.

Do you like how some of the battles start back to back with little pause in between?
I really don't mind. I'm a simple person after all.

Anything you wanted to see more or less of, or hope the writer pays more work in to?
I'd like to see more of the Black Bull squad, the House Silva, Julius, William, Noelle and Asta.

What I hope to see is Asta learn magic. I know he's supposed to be the ''underdog'' but seeing Asta with magic and the anti magic at the same time would be a deadly person. You wouldn't want to mess with that guy.

I also know this is a shounen and we will get little to no romance but I hope, for the god of love, the author develop my OTP (Noelle x Asta). Probably the author is going to do a lot of trolling moves when he decides to bring back Mimosa. (I should re-read the manga)

Julius, he gives me bad vibes from time to times. He looks like he's part of the good guys but there are times that the author wants to make you believe he has 2 faces. Really looking forward for what direction the author has planned for his character.

Black Bull squad will definitely get more development in the future so that's a given.

Last but not least, Studio Pierrot is going to shit on the manga with fillers.

Avani

Supreme
Kin
5,456💸
Kumi
483💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yeah, I like the way the mangaka is portraying his story and the characters so far are likable. The main character doesn't annoy me so that's a plus and he's a badass.

Well this is a new manga and the way the mangaka is going is just fine in my opinion. We can't jump into the heavy stuff too fast. First we have to know who the world works, what kind of characters we're going to get attached to and which enemies our characters will have to deal with in the future.

I really don't mind. I'm a simple person after all.

I'd like to see more of the Black Bull squad, the House Silva, Julius, William, Noelle and Asta.

What I hope to see is Asta learn magic. I know he's supposed to be the ''underdog'' but seeing Asta with magic and the anti magic at the same time would be a deadly person. You wouldn't want to mess with that guy.

I also know this is a shounen and we will get little to no romance but I hope, for the god of love, the author develop my OTP (Noelle x Asta). Probably the author is going to do a lot of trolling moves when he decides to bring back Mimosa. (I should re-read the manga)

Julius, he gives me bad vibes from time to times. He looks like he's part of the good guys but there are times that the author wants to make you believe he has 2 faces. Really looking forward for what direction the author has planned for his character.

Black Bull squad will definitely get more development in the future so that's a given.

Last but not least, Studio Pierrot is going to shit on the manga with fillers.
I agree to an extent but I have a mixed feeling-

@ bold: that's what he did though- threw in characters without addressing the back ground of some characters. A bunch suddenly appeared in the latest arc with no back ground in the manga. One shouldn't have to use google to know who these people are or how Asta knew them.