Sinthorus

Elite
Kin
3,644๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
23,771๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
Thank you for agreeing to oversee my training in this field, @Sinthorus. I greatly appreciate it and look forward to your tutelage. ๐Ÿ™

I am open to both RP and OOC oriented training, even a combination of both. Whatever best suits you at your own discretion.
You're more than welcome.

What do you know of the Earth Grudge Fear kinjutsu? This can be based on the RP side or the abilities in the RP.

Reactions: Uverdore9

Red-Robin

Regular
Kin
2,932๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
14,033๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
Awards
You're more than welcome.

What do you know of the Earth Grudge Fear kinjutsu? This can be based on the RP side or the abilities in the RP.
Well, to start it was once exclusively recognized as being an ability based around that of the character Kakuzu, but has since been adapted into a broader recognition through the playerbase being allowed to adapt their own iterations of this same basis in their own characters. Earth Grudge Fear is less regarded as an element or ninjutsu and is more defined in the structure of the user's body, in that their form has become that of a series of stitched-together parts that are extensively intertwined by a series of dense, thread-like tendrils that manifest throughout the entirety of the user's body. These threads are under the user's control, allowing for them to freely manipulate and engage with their body in various liberties that would otherwise be seen as physically impossible for any ordinary individual, such as the separation of their limbs from the body and then to reattach them after the fact with no consequence, or to open up large chasms within the body only to be rethreaded shut after the fact with no indication of blood loss or harm to the user. This effectively converts the user into that of a "rag doll-like being" that is made for bodily interchangeability, such as the means to adapt new organs or limbs to the user's body from "other sources" on the fly, which effectively serves as a sort of "pseudo-immortality."

Of course the threads and their means of manipulating the body in various ways is significant by itself, yet they only serve as a basic foundation for what makes Earth Grudge Fear unique when compared to the reference of the hearts that can be incorporated into the user's body. At any given time, a user of this "style" is capable of having up to five hearts at a time (this includes their own), of which these hearts were often regarded to be obtained through "taking" them from other people that the user targets. In doing so, these hearts are brought to the user as being sources for the utilization of advanced elements that they would ordinarily otherwise not have access to, in which are often represented and defined by a series of "masks" that show up across the user's body. In doing so, they sacrifice the means of calling upon one of their basic five elements in exchange for this newfound ability, such as trading fire for lava, or water for ice. Of course the requirement isn't to change an element out that matches the advanced element in some way, but they serve as easy examples.

Apart from this, I'm honestly not too familiar with this field as it isn't exactly popularized to have many points of reference both within the series and the RP itself, so I will be glad to receive any additional tips and information regarding this subject.

Sinthorus

Elite
Kin
3,644๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
23,771๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
Well, to start it was once exclusively recognized as being an ability based around that of the character Kakuzu, but has since been adapted into a broader recognition through the playerbase being allowed to adapt their own iterations of this same basis in their own characters. Earth Grudge Fear is less regarded as an element or ninjutsu and is more defined in the structure of the user's body, in that their form has become that of a series of stitched-together parts that are extensively intertwined by a series of dense, thread-like tendrils that manifest throughout the entirety of the user's body. These threads are under the user's control, allowing for them to freely manipulate and engage with their body in various liberties that would otherwise be seen as physically impossible for any ordinary individual, such as the separation of their limbs from the body and then to reattach them after the fact with no consequence, or to open up large chasms within the body only to be rethreaded shut after the fact with no indication of blood loss or harm to the user. This effectively converts the user into that of a "rag doll-like being" that is made for bodily interchangeability, such as the means to adapt new organs or limbs to the user's body from "other sources" on the fly, which effectively serves as a sort of "pseudo-immortality."

Of course the threads and their means of manipulating the body in various ways is significant by itself, yet they only serve as a basic foundation for what makes Earth Grudge Fear unique when compared to the reference of the hearts that can be incorporated into the user's body. At any given time, a user of this "style" is capable of having up to five hearts at a time (this includes their own), of which these hearts were often regarded to be obtained through "taking" them from other people that the user targets. In doing so, these hearts are brought to the user as being sources for the utilization of advanced elements that they would ordinarily otherwise not have access to, in which are often represented and defined by a series of "masks" that show up across the user's body. In doing so, they sacrifice the means of calling upon one of their basic five elements in exchange for this newfound ability, such as trading fire for lava, or water for ice. Of course the requirement isn't to change an element out that matches the advanced element in some way, but they serve as easy examples.

Apart from this, I'm honestly not too familiar with this field as it isn't exactly popularized to have many points of reference both within the series and the RP itself, so I will be glad to receive any additional tips and information regarding this subject.
First of all, I have to clarify, EGF is actually a Kinjutsu. It's a forbidden technique. Kinjutu (Forbidden techniques) are known as this due to a couple of reasons. First of all, it can be cause of their detrimental harm or drawbacks from using them. Early on in the series, you see that Multi Shadow Clone technique is a kinjutsu as making too many clones can basically leave you completely wasted from chakra depletion. As the series progresses more techniques are seen as Kinjutsu, these are more due to their ungodly nature. There are some that raise the dead or others than some to circumvent death (Orochimaru a prime example). In this case, Kakuzu created a forbidden technique that is ungodly, taking the form of mass threads to allow him to procure the hearts of others to gain access to elements he wouldn't otherwise have had. It also allowed him to avoid death as when one heart was destroyed, he could replace it with another, preventing his permanent death until all were destroyed.

Now you are right, there vague areas when it comes to this ability. The ability itself of threads is simple but the hearts you release are all a part of you, created and controlled by you as far as I understand it. They act on their own but are controlled by you.

Red-Robin

Regular
Kin
2,932๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
14,033๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
Awards
First of all, I have to clarify, EGF is actually a Kinjutsu. It's a forbidden technique. Kinjutu (Forbidden techniques) are known as this due to a couple of reasons. First of all, it can be cause of their detrimental harm or drawbacks from using them. Early on in the series, you see that Multi Shadow Clone technique is a kinjutsu as making too many clones can basically leave you completely wasted from chakra depletion. As the series progresses more techniques are seen as Kinjutsu, these are more due to their ungodly nature. There are some that raise the dead or others than some to circumvent death (Orochimaru a prime example). In this case, Kakuzu created a forbidden technique that is ungodly, taking the form of mass threads to allow him to procure the hearts of others to gain access to elements he wouldn't otherwise have had. It also allowed him to avoid death as when one heart was destroyed, he could replace it with another, preventing his permanent death until all were destroyed.

Now you are right, there vague areas when it comes to this ability. The ability itself of threads is simple but the hearts you release are all a part of you, created and controlled by you as far as I understand it. They act on their own but are controlled by you.
Understood, and that makes sense. So as far as these threads are concerned, how would you describe them in your own opinion in terms of categorically? Like, are they organic, inorganic, sentient, reproduceable or detectable by means of Dojutsu or other sensory methods? Do they or can they produce their own chakra in a way similar to that of say, a Custom Weapon can be made to through absorption and other means? Apart from this I have no further questions before continuing.

Sinthorus

Elite
Kin
3,644๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
23,771๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
Understood, and that makes sense. So as far as these threads are concerned, how would you describe them in your own opinion in terms of categorically? Like, are they organic, inorganic, sentient, reproduceable or detectable by means of Dojutsu or other sensory methods? Do they or can they produce their own chakra in a way similar to that of say, a Custom Weapon can be made to through absorption and other means? Apart from this I have no further questions before continuing.
As far as I understand it, the are just chakra infused threads, only being organic if they form your body. After that just being a black solid. Any control of them needs chakra, so they can be sensed by chakra sensors or the chakra can be seen by doujutsu. Your last question I'm not sure I understand, but the threads themselves use your chakra, not generating their own, all of them are connected to you. You can apply fuuin to them etc to create absorption effects custom wise.

Red-Robin

Regular
Kin
2,932๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
14,033๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
Awards
As far as I understand it, the are just chakra infused threads, only being organic if they form your body. After that just being a black solid. Any control of them needs chakra, so they can be sensed by chakra sensors or the chakra can be seen by doujutsu. Your last question I'm not sure I understand, but the threads themselves use your chakra, not generating their own, all of them are connected to you. You can apply fuuin to them etc to create absorption effects custom wise.
That's perfect, thank you for clarifying. The answer of being able to apply Fลซinjutsu-oriented seals and similar mechanics onto them to allow for absorption effects is what I was aiming to understand with that last question I had. Apologies if it was a little confusing with the way I asked it. Haha.

No further questions for the moment.

Sinthorus

Elite
Kin
3,644๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
23,771๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
That's perfect, thank you for clarifying. The answer of being able to apply Fลซinjutsu-oriented seals and similar mechanics onto them to allow for absorption effects is what I was aiming to understand with that last question I had. Apologies if it was a little confusing with the way I asked it. Haha.

No further questions for the moment.
All good. Next we will go through the techniques. Feel free give a run down but mainly ask any questions you may have as we proceed. Not going in order, going to start with the most relevant:

(Jiongu: Kuro Ito) - Earth Grudge Fear: Dark Threads
Type: Attack/Supplementary
Range: Short-Mid
Chakra Cost: 15-40
Damage Points: 30-80
Description: The basic technique of Kakuzu's unique Kinjutsu Earth Grudge Fear it allows the user to manipulate the threads that compose his body freely with each use. The user can not only alter his own body form and structure but also use the threads to attack or defend from incoming techniques. As Kakuzu's skin is still stitched to keep his humanoid form when not used, he can take advantage of this technique to propel his hands or limbs at great distances and grab a target. Its also this technique that allows Kakuzu to detach his masks from his own body to form the "animals" which he uses in combat.
Note: Can only be used by Kakuzu

Red-Robin

Regular
Kin
2,932๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
14,033๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
Awards
All good. Next we will go through the techniques. Feel free give a run down but mainly ask any questions you may have as we proceed. Not going in order, going to start with the most relevant:

(Jiongu: Kuro Ito) - Earth Grudge Fear: Dark Threads
Type: Attack/Supplementary
Range: Short-Mid
Chakra Cost: 15-40
Damage Points: 30-80
Description: The basic technique of Kakuzu's unique Kinjutsu Earth Grudge Fear it allows the user to manipulate the threads that compose his body freely with each use. The user can not only alter his own body form and structure but also use the threads to attack or defend from incoming techniques. As Kakuzu's skin is still stitched to keep his humanoid form when not used, he can take advantage of this technique to propel his hands or limbs at great distances and grab a target. Its also this technique that allows Kakuzu to detach his masks from his own body to form the "animals" which he uses in combat.
Note: Can only be used by Kakuzu
As it's described in the technique itself, this would be the foundation and trademark skill for EGF. It functions primarily around the utilization on a broad scale relating to the Dark Threads themselves, of which is what is riddled throughout the user's body and acts as the binding agent for their body. Because of this, and as you pointed out earlier that these threads are infused with the user's chakra, the user is capable of otherwise impossible feats with their body such as reconstruction, repurposing and general manipulation that exceeds the natural bodily capacity. It's quite straight forward as far as techniques go in general.

Out of curiosity, and this is more of a broader focus but it does include EGF, but as it can be seen here, these techniques are described as being "can only be used by Kakuzu" as he was obviously the basis for where this ability comes from and generally the only canonical reference to it, if I'm not mistaken. Of course as evident by the fact that I'm here being taught it for a non-Kakuzu bio, that's no longer strictly enforced, effectively making it obsolete. So finally to my question: How do you differentiate these notes from what can now be ignored and is no longer relevant in the current system, versus what are not? Which ones are still enforced and which are not?
I've found this to be mildly confusing at times when I'm trying to come up with combinations of my own for biographies, yet I tend to refrain from using certain things because they are described as being "can only be used by.." and it clearly doesn't apply to my bio, yet I'll turn around and find it on someone else's biography and they too don't meet the listed requirements. Is this simply a "just ask" sort of thing, or can I find a list or ruling somewhere that details how this is treated across the board?

Other than this, I've no further questions.

Sinthorus

Elite
Kin
3,644๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
23,771๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
As it's described in the technique itself, this would be the foundation and trademark skill for EGF. It functions primarily around the utilization on a broad scale relating to the Dark Threads themselves, of which is what is riddled throughout the user's body and acts as the binding agent for their body. Because of this, and as you pointed out earlier that these threads are infused with the user's chakra, the user is capable of otherwise impossible feats with their body such as reconstruction, repurposing and general manipulation that exceeds the natural bodily capacity. It's quite straight forward as far as techniques go in general.

Out of curiosity, and this is more of a broader focus but it does include EGF, but as it can be seen here, these techniques are described as being "can only be used by Kakuzu" as he was obviously the basis for where this ability comes from and generally the only canonical reference to it, if I'm not mistaken. Of course as evident by the fact that I'm here being taught it for a non-Kakuzu bio, that's no longer strictly enforced, effectively making it obsolete. So finally to my question: How do you differentiate these notes from what can now be ignored and is no longer relevant in the current system, versus what are not? Which ones are still enforced and which are not?
I've found this to be mildly confusing at times when I'm trying to come up with combinations of my own for biographies, yet I tend to refrain from using certain things because they are described as being "can only be used by.." and it clearly doesn't apply to my bio, yet I'll turn around and find it on someone else's biography and they too don't meet the listed requirements. Is this simply a "just ask" sort of thing, or can I find a list or ruling somewhere that details how this is treated across the board?

Other than this, I've no further questions.
Right, generally speaking, if an ability has been converted to the RP for custom bio use, it's fine to use those jutsu. While custom EGF became a thing, it's a lot of work to update every technique to state "Kakuzu and custom EGF bios". Some abilities have seen these updates others not so much. Sand is an AN now and a lot I believe say "Gaara will perform X handseals to". Almost all the sand jutsu list can be used by sand users with the AN just not stuff that is unique to Gaara. An example is his shield of sand. That is unique to him due to it being based on his mother's protection etc. In this case, you can use all the cannon dark threads techs as long as you meet the requirements to do so. He has a combination technique using certain elements, if you don't have those elements you wont be able to use them.

If you're ever unsure, ask. Generally it's the high end stuff or extremely specific abilities with notes like "Can only be used by Madara or Hashirama" that are quite obvious from this point. Generally, older abilities, potentially outdated ones etc, some of their techs might just need a tweak. Come to me if you're ever unsure or ask in discord tbh.

With that in mind, the base of your bio is up next:

(Jiongu: Chuushin Karite) - Earth Grudge Fear: Heart Reaper
Type: Supplementary/Offensive
Range: Short
Chakra Cost: N/A
Damage Points: N/A (results in the death of the target)
Description:The user uses their dark treads to rip out their opponents heart and add it to their body. The hearts are saved in animal-like masks in the users back.
Note: Can only be used by Kakuzu.
Note: All the process needs to abide by Kakuzu's bio rules

Red-Robin

Regular
Kin
2,932๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
14,033๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
Awards
Right, generally speaking, if an ability has been converted to the RP for custom bio use, it's fine to use those jutsu. While custom EGF became a thing, it's a lot of work to update every technique to state "Kakuzu and custom EGF bios". Some abilities have seen these updates others not so much. Sand is an AN now and a lot I believe say "Gaara will perform X handseals to". Almost all the sand jutsu list can be used by sand users with the AN just not stuff that is unique to Gaara. An example is his shield of sand. That is unique to him due to it being based on his mother's protection etc. In this case, you can use all the cannon dark threads techs as long as you meet the requirements to do so. He has a combination technique using certain elements, if you don't have those elements you wont be able to use them.

If you're ever unsure, ask. Generally it's the high end stuff or extremely specific abilities with notes like "Can only be used by Madara or Hashirama" that are quite obvious from this point. Generally, older abilities, potentially outdated ones etc, some of their techs might just need a tweak. Come to me if you're ever unsure or ask in discord tbh.

With that in mind, the base of your bio is up next:

(Jiongu: Chuushin Karite) - Earth Grudge Fear: Heart Reaper
Type: Supplementary/Offensive
Range: Short
Chakra Cost: N/A
Damage Points: N/A (results in the death of the target)
Description:The user uses their dark treads to rip out their opponents heart and add it to their body. The hearts are saved in animal-like masks in the users back.
Note: Can only be used by Kakuzu.
Note: All the process needs to abide by Kakuzu's bio rules
Understood, thank you for clarifying.

This technique is the effective means that allows for any EGF user to "acquire" their hearts in a canonical sense. Of course we as users can purchase them with kumi, but were we to avoid that, this would be the method to accomplish that. Through the use of this technique, the user pries the heart from their target and in turn receives an advanced element that target was capable of, of course in exchange for one of the user's own basic elemental access.

I'm aware that the idea behind using this is to use it against other players in a "official fight" manner, which as far as I'm aware is similar to how Edo Tensei works, for example. But do you know of an instance, or if not then whether this would be possible, to acquire these hearts through this method in something like a series of NW missions, so long as the achievement process is significantly robust enough to do? Like, maybe a slightly less difficult sage mission sort of dynamic?

Sinthorus

Elite
Kin
3,644๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
23,771๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
Understood, thank you for clarifying.

This technique is the effective means that allows for any EGF user to "acquire" their hearts in a canonical sense. Of course we as users can purchase them with kumi, but were we to avoid that, this would be the method to accomplish that. Through the use of this technique, the user pries the heart from their target and in turn receives an advanced element that target was capable of, of course in exchange for one of the user's own basic elemental access.

I'm aware that the idea behind using this is to use it against other players in a "official fight" manner, which as far as I'm aware is similar to how Edo Tensei works, for example. But do you know of an instance, or if not then whether this would be possible, to acquire these hearts through this method in something like a series of NW missions, so long as the achievement process is significantly robust enough to do? Like, maybe a slightly less difficult sage mission sort of dynamic?
I'd assume it would have to be run by Drackos and have one of the sensei control an NPC for you to fight to make it more official. A heart is worth 2k, S rank missions give like 1.5k so even that doesn't equate realistically.

(Jiongu: Saishu Shageki) Earth Grudge Fear: Final Shot
Type: Offensive
Range: Short-Long
Chakra: 90
Damage: 80
Description:
This is one of Kakuzu's ultimate techniques. Once he has gained access to a Lightning, Fire and Wind hearts, he can use this technique. Without having released them from his body, Kakuzu puts forth his hands and produces a mash of Dark Threads from them from which the 3 masks manifest and protrude. As they open their mouths, they each produce an A-Rank elemental stream of their own element (Lightning, Fire and Wind) that combines into a massive attack. However, because of the elemental interactions, although its high chakra cost, the final damage is equivalent to an S-Rank technique. The main difference is that its an S-Rank with 3 simultaneous natures, making countering it quite hard.
Note: Usable twice per battle.

(Kongukan) The Elder's Folly
Description:
After releasing his masks out of his body, Kakuzu's makes use Fire Release: Intelligent Hard Work, Lightning Release: False Darkness and Wind Release: Pressure Damage all at the same time to create a massive elemental barrage that obliterates everything in front of them. The unique aspect of this technique is its scale and the fact that the 3 techniques actually combine into one gigantic tripe element blast. However, due to the elemental interactions, although its the use of 3 A-Rank techniques, the end result is equivalent to an S-Rank technique, although composed of 3 elemental natures. Off course, to use this technique, the user must have gained access to a Fire, Lightning and Wind hearts.

These two I'm teaching just because if you keep the mentioned basic elements, these are actually alright.

Red-Robin

Regular
Kin
2,932๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
14,033๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
Awards
I'd assume it would have to be run by Drackos and have one of the sensei control an NPC for you to fight to make it more official. A heart is worth 2k, S rank missions give like 1.5k so even that doesn't equate realistically.

(Jiongu: Saishu Shageki) Earth Grudge Fear: Final Shot
Description:
This is one of Kakuzu's ultimate techniques. Once he has gained access to a Lightning, Fire and Wind hearts, he can use this technique. Without having released them from his body, Kakuzu puts forth his hands and produces a mash of Dark Threads from them from which the 3 masks manifest and protrude. As they open their mouths, they each produce an A-Rank elemental stream of their own element (Lightning, Fire and Wind) that combines into a massive attack. However, because of the elemental interactions, although its high chakra cost, the final damage is equivalent to an S-Rank technique. The main difference is that its an S-Rank with 3 simultaneous natures, making countering it quite hard.

(Kongukan) The Elder's Folly
Description:
After releasing his masks out of his body, Kakuzu's makes use Fire Release: Intelligent Hard Work, Lightning Release: False Darkness and Wind Release: Pressure Damage all at the same time to create a massive elemental barrage that obliterates everything in front of them. The unique aspect of this technique is its scale and the fact that the 3 techniques actually combine into one gigantic tripe element blast. However, due to the elemental interactions, although its the use of 3 A-Rank techniques, the end result is equivalent to an S-Rank technique, although composed of 3 elemental natures. Off course, to use this technique, the user must have gained access to a Fire, Lightning and Wind hearts.

These two I'm teaching just because if you keep the mentioned basic elements, these are actually alright.
Description:

Certainly an interesting technique; to be completely honest I wasn't anticipating a multi-elemental combination technique out of something like EGF. While it's overall premise and execution is rather generic, as it points out within itself it is a technique that utilized three natures simultaneously, all of which are drastically different from one another, so an all around counter to it would be rather difficult given the right circumstances, at least if the means of counter is focused on elemental affinities. But because of it's straight-forward execution, unless the user is allowed to interpret where the masks manifest from and in what direction they direct their attacks, I'd imagine it's actually quite easy to avoid through means of simple position displacement techniques.

Description:

.. Lest my tired eyes deceive me, this basically reads exactly like the prior technique. The only differentiation is that this one names specific techniques it uses within itself rather than just "produce an A-rank elemental stream of their own element." But overall the effect and execution seems relatively the same, mechanically. Perhaps you might have some insight to how these two might be used in significantly different ways?

Sinthorus

Elite
Kin
3,644๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
23,771๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
Description:

Certainly an interesting technique; to be completely honest I wasn't anticipating a multi-elemental combination technique out of something like EGF. While it's overall premise and execution is rather generic, as it points out within itself it is a technique that utilized three natures simultaneously, all of which are drastically different from one another, so an all around counter to it would be rather difficult given the right circumstances, at least if the means of counter is focused on elemental affinities. But because of it's straight-forward execution, unless the user is allowed to interpret where the masks manifest from and in what direction they direct their attacks, I'd imagine it's actually quite easy to avoid through means of simple position displacement techniques.

Description:

.. Lest my tired eyes deceive me, this basically reads exactly like the prior technique. The only differentiation is that this one names specific techniques it uses within itself rather than just "produce an A-rank elemental stream of their own element." But overall the effect and execution seems relatively the same, mechanically. Perhaps you might have some insight to how these two might be used in significantly different ways?
Bruh, you got Yang coming now, you about to have big numbies to overpower these with one jutsu. But on a serious note, due to the hearts they do act independently and you could probably make techniques like these for yourself.

Yes it reads the same apart from the techniques. One is from the series, one is from the game. Wild right? But nah they are pretty straight forwards. I'm going to be honest, the biggest meme you could do with these techniques is use the "art is a blast" nindo to make them clash based on chakra vs chakra xD

Red-Robin

Regular
Kin
2,932๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
14,033๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
Awards
Bruh, you got Yang coming now, you about to have big numbies to overpower these with one jutsu. But on a serious note, due to the hearts they do act independently and you could probably make techniques like these for yourself.

Yes it reads the same apart from the techniques. One is from the series, one is from the game. Wild right? But nah they are pretty straight forwards. I'm going to be honest, the biggest meme you could do with these techniques is use the "art is a blast" nindo to make them clash based on chakra vs chakra xD
Fair enough. Haha.

I've no further questions.