Legendary
Kin
5,496💸
Kumi
97,804💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Without his sensory skill activated, Merlin was only aware of Lucifer's arrival by the sound of his voice, the waters reaching up the shoreline drowning out his footsteps. Still acclimating himself to his eyes, recently operated on, he turned to return Lucifer's greeting, though the direction he was facing was slightly off. The cheerful wave and smile meant for the Child of Tiamat was instead sent past him and towards the ocean beyond "Oh! Lucifer-kun. Well met."
"I fear you may be correct, but I must ask nevertheless. How is it possible that those born of the mother remained hidden beneath the sea for so long is a burning question but I fear that is simply for my own selfish sense of belonging. The true pressing questions relate to my task and my visions, I saw a serpent shrouded in a darkness that was almost tangible with eyes that glowed in a spectrum of color, what is this beast? Why am I being led on this journey to collect and power this relic, I often doubt the intentions of the voices leading me, yet I follow the instruction because I sense grave consequences not only for myself but for the world if I fail, am I wrong in my belief?" Lucifer blurted out, he was unable to hold his tongue or even correctly form his thoughts in to coherent questions, the events that had been occuring lately were deeply troubling to the child of Tiamat, both troubling and confusing.

There was one more question he had, but he buried it deep, it was a feeling he had and he wasn't sure if he wanted to confront the truth. The presence he felt in his vision, the being the snake had ensnared, Lucifer believed it was Tiamat herself and the thought was terrifying to him.
A somber expression overtook Solomon's face listening to Lucifer's words. A serpent shrouded in darkness that was almost tangible with eyes that glowed in a spectrum of color. Though, to be sure, he wasn't surprised. They were words that Solomon expected to hear from Lucifer eventually, given the path that he tread. But it still struck a chord with the Mage King to hear him talk about such a beast, a carefully chosen word too. "These people, the Sentinels, that you refer to. They haven't remained hidden. In fact, their special forces led a research team into the heart of Chungsu. They are intensely curious about human cultures and civilizations. And they consume knowledge at a masterful pace." His voice at that moment didn't convey any concern. But the fact that these non-human yet also strangely human-like entities had become so active beneath the Hokubu was alarming to the Mage King. Given that they were themselves Children of Tiamat, though a separate branch of the human tainted one, left Solomon with only one comparison to draw: the Lahmu. The Lahmu grew at exponential rates, both in strength of their Divinity and their knowledge. "They were hidden in the same sense that the daily activities of someone in the Village Hidden in Sin might not be common knowledge to a resident of Last Bastion. Though very few people know of their existence yet, I'd hardly say they are trying to remain hidden. It's also important to consider that a shell of the Sea of Life basically has encased them, keeping any outsiders away."

But now Solomon turned his attention to the more dangerous part of Lucifer's concerns, considering deeply on how to address them. "But about your visions...and the voices you hear. You are right to be concerned, Lucifer." He paused for a moment, thinking back to his own prophetic foresight. "Whether these visions are divine workings or the machinations of a malicious agent, it might be best to let them play out." Cold calculation; the Mage King knew what they were, and who whispered them. But for the time being letting events unfold would be optimal. It was a terribly cold decision, one that was similar to the grievances that his familiar Goetia raised with him often. "You'll take Merlin here and go west. Find the entrance to Irkalla. I hear that this useless Incubus might actually know something you don't." Solomon's somber countenance shifted to be a bit brighter, smiling as he taunted Merlin again.

The conversation was quickly interrupted; "Solomon! Solomon! Look!" It was a cheerful Enkidu, now sprinting up from the shore with a fish in his hands. "I caught one!" It was a much welcomed change in the atmosphere, filled with brevity. Enkidu had grown considerably since Lucifer went on his journey, now looking more like an adolescent instead of a child. His purple eyes and brilliant green hair both illuminated in the sun as he ran toward the Mage King with a smile on his face.

"He's grown quickly." Solomon said to Merlin and Lucifer. "Though it's fascinating. He's a Divine being, but in every sense he's no different from us."

Though as Enkidu ran toward the trio he suddenly stopped for a moment, the smile on his face replaced with a puzzled gaze. He could sense it - something about Lucifer's presence was...off. Void-touched. Much like in the same sense that Demetrias was when he first saw the Voidlord with Emiya months ago.

You must be registered for see images

Reactions: Ańbu Juniør

Goetia

Supreme
Kin
3,218💸
Kumi
109,579💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
A somber expression overtook Solomon's face listening to Lucifer's words. A serpent shrouded in darkness that was almost tangible with eyes that glowed in a spectrum of color. Though, to be sure, he wasn't surprised. They were words that Solomon expected to hear from Lucifer eventually, given the path that he tread. But it still struck a chord with the Mage King to hear him talk about such a beast, a carefully chosen word too. "These people, the Sentinels, that you refer to. They haven't remained hidden. In fact, their special forces led a research team into the heart of Chungsu. They are intensely curious about human cultures and civilizations. And they consume knowledge at a masterful pace." His voice at that moment didn't convey any concern. But the fact that these non-human yet also strangely human-like entities had become so active beneath the Hokubu was alarming to the Mage King. Given that they were themselves Children of Tiamat, though a separate branch of the human tainted one, left Solomon with only one comparison to draw: the Lahmu. The Lahmu grew at exponential rates, both in strength of their Divinity and their knowledge. "They were hidden in the same sense that the daily activities of someone in the Village Hidden in Sin might not be common knowledge to a resident of Last Bastion. Though very few people know of their existence yet, I'd hardly say they are trying to remain hidden. It's also important to consider that a shell of the Sea of Life basically has encased them, keeping any outsiders away."

But now Solomon turned his attention to the more dangerous part of Lucifer's concerns, considering deeply on how to address them. "But about your visions...and the voices you hear. You are right to be concerned, Lucifer." He paused for a moment, thinking back to his own prophetic foresight. "Whether these visions are divine workings or the machinations of a malicious agent, it might be best to let them play out." Cold calculation; the Mage King knew what they were, and who whispered them. But for the time being letting events unfold would be optimal. It was a terribly cold decision, one that was similar to the grievances that his familiar Goetia raised with him often. "You'll take Merlin here and go west. Find the entrance to Irkalla. I hear that this useless Incubus might actually know something you don't." Solomon's somber countenance shifted to be a bit brighter, smiling as he taunted Merlin again.

The conversation was quickly interrupted; "Solomon! Solomon! Look!" It was a cheerful Enkidu, now sprinting up from the shore with a fish in his hands. "I caught one!" It was a much welcomed change in the atmosphere, filled with brevity. Enkidu had grown considerably since Lucifer went on his journey, now looking more like an adolescent instead of a child. His purple eyes and brilliant green hair both illuminated in the sun as he ran toward the Mage King with a smile on his face.

"He's grown quickly." Solomon said to Merlin and Lucifer. "Though it's fascinating. He's a Divine being, but in every sense he's no different from us."

Though as Enkidu ran toward the trio he suddenly stopped for a moment, the smile on his face replaced with a puzzled gaze. He could sense it - something about Lucifer's presence was...off. Void-touched. Much like in the same sense that Demetrias was when he first saw the Voidlord with Emiya months ago.

Merlin paid no mind to the conversation between Solomon and Lucifer, instead more focused on the matter of his sight. He had yet to adjust to the alterations to his eyes from the surgery in Veskals. He was beginning to question whether it was a worthwhile investment as he rubbed his eyes for the umpteenth time. It bothered him such that even the King of Magic's attempted provocation failed to phase him. Lowering his hands, he gazed out over the ocean, the glimmering light reflected upon its surface being no more than a collection of bright blurs overshadowing the turquoise of the water. To his left, he heard Enkidu exclaiming in joy at having caught a fish. He turned his gaze to the child, pondering on what part they would play in the battles to come. Unlike the King of Magic's, his was a pensive expression, as Enkidu came to a halt in his path and eyed Lucifer with an air of caution and curiosity. Were Enkidu more mature, they would be a useful asset in the underworld. But the risk was too great, and so Merlin dismissed that train of thought, look to the ocean once again. Tapping his staff on the sandy shoreline and exhaling, he loosened up slightly, allowing his shoulders to slouch slightly as he turned to face the group, an eerie smile fixed on his face. "Ahahaha, useless, am I? Who is it that sends others to do the world-saving errands whilst they amble around the world, 'observing' the actions of those who create the world-ending problems, Romani-kun?" Merlin used his rival's alias intentionally, as if to ignore the king's status and the respect it commanded in addressing him by his commoner identity.

Drackos

Legendary
Kin
5,496💸
Kumi
97,804💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Merlin paid no mind to the conversation between Solomon and Lucifer, instead more focused on the matter of his sight. He had yet to adjust to the alterations to his eyes from the surgery in Veskals. He was beginning to question whether it was a worthwhile investment as he rubbed his eyes for the umpteenth time. It bothered him such that even the King of Magic's attempted provocation failed to phase him. Lowering his hands, he gazed out over the ocean, the glimmering light reflected upon its surface being no more than a collection of bright blurs overshadowing the turquoise of the water. To his left, he heard Enkidu exclaiming in joy at having caught a fish. He turned his gaze to the child, pondering on what part they would play in the battles to come. Unlike the King of Magic's, his was a pensive expression, as Enkidu came to a halt in his path and eyed Lucifer with an air of caution and curiosity. Were Enkidu more mature, they would be a useful asset in the underworld. But the risk was too great, and so Merlin dismissed that train of thought, look to the ocean once again. Tapping his staff on the sandy shoreline and exhaling, he loosened up slightly, allowing his shoulders to slouch slightly as he turned to face the group, an eerie smile fixed on his face. "Ahahaha, useless, am I? Who is it that sends others to do the world-saving errands whilst they amble around the world, 'observing' the actions of those who create the world-ending problems, Romani-kun?" Merlin used his rival's alias intentionally, as if to ignore the king's status and the respect it commanded in addressing him by his commoner identity.
"As someone who is well versed in leaving the state of things worse than when he found it, I think useless is a term well suited to describe you." Solomon responded without even so much as looking at Merlin. While it was lighthearted teasing there was truth in Solomon's words, at least in his perspective. The painful memory of Sir Galahad on his knees, tears streaming down his broken face as he just finished sealing Amara away following the schism in the Radiant Order, was branded in the Mage King's mind. "We both know why observation is my solemn task." Time and time again he explained his philosophical position to Merlin. He knew that the Incubus knew it. Though that hardened expression turned soft for a moment, not wanting to hurt the Incubus too badly.

Arthorius

Regular
Kin
4,105💸
Kumi
22,106💴
Trait Points
25⚔️

"As someone who is well versed in leaving the state of things worse than when he found it, I think useless is a term well suited to describe you." Solomon responded without even so much as looking at Merlin. While it was lighthearted teasing there was truth in Solomon's words, at least in his perspective. The painful memory of Sir Galahad on his knees, tears streaming down his broken face as he just finished sealing Amara away following the schism in the Radiant Order, was branded in the Mage King's mind. "We both know why observation is my solemn task." Time and time again he explained his philosophical position to Merlin. He knew that the Incubus knew it. Though that hardened expression turned soft for a moment, not wanting to hurt the Incubus too badly.
Lucifer stood and pondered the words that Solomon had said, while the two humans had their verbal sparring match. Their relationship was complex, clearly they both had mutual respect even a sense of camraderie on the surface, yet below the surface seemed to fester old wounds, the kind that wouldn't simply go away with the passage of time. Fundamentally the two had different beliefs and that would always lead to these clashes.

While Lucifer observed this he caught what he believed to be a puzzled look from the divine child, though to call him a child was untrue at this point, the boy had aged considerably in a short time and now stood with the appearance of an adolescent, Lucifer was unsure what prompted this strange look from Enkidu.

"Solomon, Merlin, what exactly is Irkalla? Where exactly is it? I must discover the truth of these visions for the being trapped by the servant. I have a fear that it may be someone very important to me." Lucifer asked the questions mostly to break up the two scuffling, he surmised they would continue this for some time otherwise.

"Also, it is good to see you again child of the divine. You have truly grown in my absence." Lucifer knelt down in front of the adolescent, causing them to see eye to eye on the same level before extending his hand, he patted the boys head, a friendly gesture he had witnessed among the humans, hopefully it would calm whatever was behind the divinities eyes.

Red-Robin

Regular
Kin
2,922💸
Kumi
14,033💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Arriving from Here.

After traversing the Kaijuu Ocean, previously having departed from the shores of Tobusekai and the peers of the Last Bastion, the ferry vessel that Zhongli had found himself upon had at last brought itself to dock at the eastern edge of the Nagi Island,
Theodoro. The golden beaches along the foreground of the island's edge were seemingly iconic, as though any could identify the landmark by them alone; the lush tropical greenery that stretched along it's background generously tempting to the eye. While Zhongli had been many places over his long lived life, he had yet to have the good fortune to venture to this island in particular, though he was certainly no stranger to it's namesakes and history. Given the opportunity, he would have to venture across the island in greater leisure, taking his time to admire what natural beauties it had to offer. For now, however, he had no such luxury in time to spare..

Having disembarked from the ship he had previously sailed upon, Zhongli made his way further inland. He had need of converging on a recognizable location if he were to have the means to meeting up with Emiya most efficiently. While they still had the scroll of communication between the two of them, it was hardly reasonable to expect it to work indefinitely, least of all to rely on it so heavily for so long. Besides the convenience of meeting somewhere recognizable in some way, it afforded him the means to take in what he could of the island. Yet amid his seemingly casual "stroll" along the beachline of the island, a small gathering of bodies had come into focus not so far off. It appeared to be three men, as well a child -or perhaps more accurately, an adolescent- all of whom appeared to be mingling in momentary pause, yet a curious air hovered to the Nomad's impression, as though this was but a "calm before the storm." While he did not particularly know them at first glance, he was certainly not so familiar with the island to deny this disguised opportunity to possibly converse with what he could hope were locals, or at least explorers that might be able to point him in the direct of worthwhile landmarks upon the island.

With his mind set on his approach, Zhongli set his pace in the direction of the party, bringing himself in at a steady stride before settling his standing a small handful of feet apart from the center of the party. He'd begin to cast his gaze upon each of them, now within view well enough to take in their characteristics in a touch more detail, he opted not to remain silent for long before seeming an unwelcomed sort. "Pardon my intrusion. I've sailed only now to this island from Tobusekai. Would you happen to be local folk her--" Among his words, Zhongli had continued his inspecting gaze of each body among the group before his amber irises would fall restfully upon one in particular: Garbs of white and violet that set against an unmistakable mess of long white hair. As his attention set familiarly to the figure, his train of thought couldn't avoid a disruptive pause before he could finish he sentence he had begun. It was certainly uncommon for him; it wasn't often that he was surprised or particularly caught off guard, at least not in social situations. After a brief moment of recollection, as though trying to reaffirm the recognition of the man before him with his own memories, he finally craned his head to one side in a subtle tilt before speaking. ".. Mayhap my eyes fail me and my memories trick me but.. Would you happen to be Merlin? "

@Goetia , @Drackos , @Arthorius

Goetia

Supreme
Kin
3,218💸
Kumi
109,579💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Arriving from Here.

After traversing the Kaijuu Ocean, previously having departed from the shores of Tobusekai and the peers of the Last Bastion, the ferry vessel that Zhongli had found himself upon had at last brought itself to dock at the eastern edge of the Nagi Island,
Theodoro. The golden beaches along the foreground of the island's edge were seemingly iconic, as though any could identify the landmark by them alone; the lush tropical greenery that stretched along it's background generously tempting to the eye. While Zhongli had been many places over his long lived life, he had yet to have the good fortune to venture to this island in particular, though he was certainly no stranger to it's namesakes and history. Given the opportunity, he would have to venture across the island in greater leisure, taking his time to admire what natural beauties it had to offer. For now, however, he had no such luxury in time to spare..

Having disembarked from the ship he had previously sailed upon, Zhongli made his way further inland. He had need of converging on a recognizable location if he were to have the means to meeting up with Emiya most efficiently. While they still had the scroll of communication between the two of them, it was hardly reasonable to expect it to work indefinitely, least of all to rely on it so heavily for so long. Besides the convenience of meeting somewhere recognizable in some way, it afforded him the means to take in what he could of the island. Yet amid his seemingly casual "stroll" along the beachline of the island, a small gathering of bodies had come into focus not so far off. It appeared to be three men, as well a child -or perhaps more accurately, an adolescent- all of whom appeared to be mingling in momentary pause, yet a curious air hovered to the Nomad's impression, as though this was but a "calm before the storm." While he did not particularly know them at first glance, he was certainly not so familiar with the island to deny this disguised opportunity to possibly converse with what he could hope were locals, or at least explorers that might be able to point him in the direct of worthwhile landmarks upon the island.

With his mind set on his approach, Zhongli set his pace in the direction of the party, bringing himself in at a steady stride before settling his standing a small handful of feet apart from the center of the party. He'd begin to cast his gaze upon each of them, now within view well enough to take in their characteristics in a touch more detail, he opted not to remain silent for long before seeming an unwelcomed sort. "Pardon my intrusion. I've sailed only now to this island from Tobusekai. Would you happen to be local folk her--" Among his words, Zhongli had continued his inspecting gaze of each body among the group before his amber irises would fall restfully upon one in particular: Garbs of white and violet that set against an unmistakable mess of long white hair. As his attention set familiarly to the figure, his train of thought couldn't avoid a disruptive pause before he could finish he sentence he had begun. It was certainly uncommon for him; it wasn't often that he was surprised or particularly caught off guard, at least not in social situations. After a brief moment of recollection, as though trying to reaffirm the recognition of the man before him with his own memories, he finally craned his head to one side in a subtle tilt before speaking. ".. Mayhap my eyes fail me and my memories trick me but.. Would you happen to be Merlin? "

@Goetia , @Drackos , @Arthorius

The Magus of Flowers sidestepped Lucifer's attempt at changing the topic of conversation, opting instead to continue the verbal jousting match between himself and his fellow Caster. Merlin seldom missed or turned down the opportunity to take jabs at the one man who held claim to a status higher than he in the realm of magecraft, precisely for that reason. "Huah, you do like to go for the sore spots. Maybe you actually just have a nasty personality!" the incubus scoffed, a look of delight on his face as he gave in to the escalating provocation. Were it not for the arrival of a newcomer, one that inquired about his identity, Merlin would have continued to pester Solomon. Merlin's expression turned neutral as he examined the stranger, first seeing their amber eyes and somewhat unkempt hair, and then their brown coat. It took only a moment for him to put a name to the well-dressed, overly formal man in front of him; Zhongli. The Surgebinder who visited him in Avalon. Smiling warmly, Merlin greeted the Listener "Oooh! Zhongli-kun, it's been a while. How goes the listening and traveling? Caught wind of any interesting tales?"

Red-Robin

Regular
Kin
2,922💸
Kumi
14,033💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
The Magus of Flowers sidestepped Lucifer's attempt at changing the topic of conversation, opting instead to continue the verbal jousting match between himself and his fellow Caster. Merlin seldom missed or turned down the opportunity to take jabs at the one man who held claim to a status higher than he in the realm of magecraft, precisely for that reason. "Huah, you do like to go for the sore spots. Maybe you actually just have a nasty personality!" the incubus scoffed, a look of delight on his face as he gave in to the escalating provocation. Were it not for the arrival of a newcomer, one that inquired about his identity, Merlin would have continued to pester Solomon. Merlin's expression turned neutral as he examined the stranger, first seeing their amber eyes and somewhat unkempt hair, and then their brown coat. It took only a moment for him to put a name to the well-dressed, overly formal man in front of him; Zhongli. The Surgebinder who visited him in Avalon. Smiling warmly, Merlin greeted the Listener "Oooh! Zhongli-kun, it's been a while. How goes the listening and traveling? Caught wind of any interesting tales?"
"Indeed it has. I would say I'm at a loss to see you still.. "around," but that would be dishonest of me. They say a Magus is no man's fool, yet you make sport of eluding Death while ever playing at the game of life. " Zhongli had lifted a hand to press a hold of his chin between the pads of his index and thumb, his eyes shuttering while offering a thoughtful nod in affirmation to his
statement as though having been a "studied" individual on the subject. Though there was no such study, he still spoke with the air of confidence that resembled his words as a matter-of-fact. Straightening his posture, he'd allow his hand to fall to rest at his side once again as he rested his amber irises upon the Magus once again. "Pray take my words with a light heart, of course. I am happy to see you again, Master Merlin. Needless to say my journey has been a short one and thus lacking in many worthwhile stories since having woken only recently, though it seems my trend of picking terrible eras to do so continues with this one.. " While it was true that Zhongli was only recently back "among the living" in whatever capacity that might imply, he was well and already acquainted with the direness of the situation that had begun to plague the world not long ago. While he had a handful of personal encounters with fellow travelers to fill in the gaps for him where it mattered, he had seen the death and destruction of the Undeath firsthand; a stain upon recent memory that won't wash any time soon.

"But that isn't to say I haven't a tale or two to share since the last time we spoke. Perhaps a pass-time, for another time. For now.. " Zhongli had shifted his attention from the Magus to the rest of the party gathered. While he and Merlin seemed familiar, the rest were less so recognizable to him, at least at a glance. Lifting an arm, he folded it neatly along his torso before lowering himself in a courteous bow of his head to the group as a whole. "Apologies for my uncouth familiarity, it wasn't my intention to intrude. I am known as Zhongli, it is my pleasure to be acquainted. " The sentiment was directed namely toward the man who stood beside the child among the group, as well the man with dark, sun-kissed skin and long, white braided hair. More noticeably, Zhongli was drawn to the unusual garb that carried an uncanny resemblance to.. something, someone.. yet he couldn't quite put his finger on the matter, at least not yet. As if to avoid his gaze from lingering longer than would be deemed comfortable, he adjusted in a smooth transition to the head of emerald hair that stood at the waterline beside the other of the group, where he offered a gentle smile toward the boy. "One tale I have heard repeated in quite an orchestral manner is talk of a Child born where the sea and the earth touch to form the clay that the Gods themselves used to shape the world. That Child played no small part in abolishing a plague that gripped the lands and it's people; now all singing the praises of the Divine Child who gave them back their futures. It's a wonder how one so young would have such character. With luck, we may all aspire to such an example, to be sure. "

With that, Zhongli had returned his attention toward Merlin; given he was most familiar with the Magus among the group, it felt most natural to refer to him for information, at least until he'd come to be properly acquainted with the others. "Perhaps you might be able to enlighten me further on current affairs, Merlin. Namely why is it that you are here? If the situation is truly so dire that it forced you from the comforts of your tower, then I would welcome the opportunity to offer my services, however they may be of help. "

Goetia

Supreme
Kin
3,218💸
Kumi
109,579💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
"Indeed it has. I would say I'm at a loss to see you still.. "around," but that would be dishonest of me. They say a Magus is no man's fool, yet you make sport of eluding Death while ever playing at the game of life. " Zhongli had lifted a hand to press a hold of his chin between the pads of his index and thumb, his eyes shuttering while offering a thoughtful nod in affirmation to his
statement as though having been a "studied" individual on the subject. Though there was no such study, he still spoke with the air of confidence that resembled his words as a matter-of-fact. Straightening his posture, he'd allow his hand to fall to rest at his side once again as he rested his amber irises upon the Magus once again. "Pray take my words with a light heart, of course. I am happy to see you again, Master Merlin. Needless to say my journey has been a short one and thus lacking in many worthwhile stories since having woken only recently, though it seems my trend of picking terrible eras to do so continues with this one.. " While it was true that Zhongli was only recently back "among the living" in whatever capacity that might imply, he was well and already acquainted with the direness of the situation that had begun to plague the world not long ago. While he had a handful of personal encounters with fellow travelers to fill in the gaps for him where it mattered, he had seen the death and destruction of the Undeath firsthand; a stain upon recent memory that won't wash any time soon.

"But that isn't to say I haven't a tale or two to share since the last time we spoke. Perhaps a pass-time, for another time. For now.. " Zhongli had shifted his attention from the Magus to the rest of the party gathered. While he and Merlin seemed familiar, the rest were less so recognizable to him, at least at a glance. Lifting an arm, he folded it neatly along his torso before lowering himself in a courteous bow of his head to the group as a whole. "Apologies for my uncouth familiarity, it wasn't my intention to intrude. I am known as Zhongli, it is my pleasure to be acquainted. " The sentiment was directed namely toward the man who stood beside the child among the group, as well the man with dark, sun-kissed skin and long, white braided hair. More noticeably, Zhongli was drawn to the unusual garb that carried an uncanny resemblance to.. something, someone.. yet he couldn't quite put his finger on the matter, at least not yet. As if to avoid his gaze from lingering longer than would be deemed comfortable, he adjusted in a smooth transition to the head of emerald hair that stood at the waterline beside the other of the group, where he offered a gentle smile toward the boy. "One tale I have heard repeated in quite an orchestral manner is talk of a Child born where the sea and the earth touch to form the clay that the Gods themselves used to shape the world. That Child played no small part in abolishing a plague that gripped the lands and it's people; now all singing the praises of the Divine Child who gave them back their futures. It's a wonder how one so young would have such character. With luck, we may all aspire to such an example, to be sure. "

With that, Zhongli had returned his attention toward Merlin; given he was most familiar with the Magus among the group, it felt most natural to refer to him for information, at least until he'd come to be properly acquainted with the others. "Perhaps you might be able to enlighten me further on current affairs, Merlin. Namely why is it that you are here? If the situation is truly so dire that it forced you from the comforts of your tower, then I would welcome the opportunity to offer my services, however they may be of help. "
It came as no surprise that Zhongli, the Listener, had caught wind of Enkidu's existence. Given the nature of such a miracle, the difficulty would lie in not hearing of it. But unlike many, there was no embellishment or exaggeration of any aspect of this story. When asked about the reason behind his presence here, and not in Avalon, Merlin gave only the truth. Zhongli was one of few that the Magus of Flowers chose to be relatively open with. "Well, the current situation and the reason for me having left Avalon are not the same thing. It was only coincidence that I happened to be in the real world as the current situation began to unfold starting last year." He took a moment of pause to consider how to bring Zhongli up to speed on current events swiftly. At any moment, he could be on his way to the gates of Kur with Lucifer, so it was best to keep explanations short and simple. "A group of individuals known as the Voidlords are acting to return the Primordial Goddess of Life, Tiamat, to the world. At least, that is one of their primary goals. That bully over there, Solomon, knows more about the Voidlords than I do, so he is better suited to questions about them." Behaving true to his nature, Merlin weaved another quick jab at Solomon into his answer for Zhongli's question, pointing a thumb to the King of Magic for effect.

Red-Robin

Regular
Kin
2,922💸
Kumi
14,033💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
It came as no surprise that Zhongli, the Listener, had caught wind of Enkidu's existence. Given the nature of such a miracle, the difficulty would lie in not hearing of it. But unlike many, there was no embellishment or exaggeration of any aspect of this story. When asked about the reason behind his presence here, and not in Avalon, Merlin gave only the truth. Zhongli was one of few that the Magus of Flowers chose to be relatively open with. "Well, the current situation and the reason for me having left Avalon are not the same thing. It was only coincidence that I happened to be in the real world as the current situation began to unfold starting last year." He took a moment of pause to consider how to bring Zhongli up to speed on current events swiftly. At any moment, he could be on his way to the gates of Kur with Lucifer, so it was best to keep explanations short and simple. "A group of individuals known as the Voidlords are acting to return the Primordial Goddess of Life, Tiamat, to the world. At least, that is one of their primary goals. That bully over there, Solomon, knows more about the Voidlords than I do, so he is better suited to questions about them." Behaving true to his nature, Merlin weaved another quick jab at Solomon into his answer for Zhongli's question, pointing a thumb to the King of Magic for effect.
While certain explanations were laid before him, Zhongli stood at attention, listening carefully to the situation as it was described to him. At any moment he anticipated the possibility that any of the others present could interject to offer up their own summaries or additional footnotes to the subject, but for now, he opted to maintain his conversation with Merlin directly. "I see.. Tiamat, while frequently haled as the Goddess of Life, is often mistaken as a kind Mother. Alas creation is merely the byproduct of chaos, of which she was depicted among her older legends as being the embodiment of. It comes as no particular surprise that the doting Mother would be the central icon for an occult with the intent of ushering in death and destruction. It is a tale often repeated in no small degree of redundancy. " While he spoke aloud on the matter, his words were more meant as a manifestation of his own thoughts and his efforts to recollect what he knew or understood of the name Tiamat. She played no small feat in shaping many legends and mythologies throughout history, of which were all things that Zhongli was rather familiar with. Though they couldn't be treated as exactly "accurate" information when discussing the real deal, it at least helped to give him a baseline to consider when broaching the subject.

With the mention of Voidlords and where he might find more accurate details on the matter, Zhongli adjusted his attention toward the mentioned Solomon. That name.. Something suddenly sprung to focus as much of the details surrounding the familiarities of the man became clear. "There is no man who hath power over the spirit to retain the spirit, nor has he power over the day of death. And there is no discharge in war. Neither shall wickedness deliver him who is given to it.. " Once more, Zhongli seemed to speak in pensive tone, as though simply drawing in something of a subconscious manner from his thoughts, aloud. "Verses of The Wisdom of King Solomon. Your likeness to the Wise King is uncanny, though I reckon that comes as no small coincidence. Something tells me you are a man worthy of many stories sung; ones I'd care to compare with references of ones I've heard, to see if they held fast to the test of time. " After a brief moment of silence, Zhongli moved to offer a subtle bow of his head toward the man as he had done before. "Apologies if I seem presumptive. If you do have knowledge to share on the subject of the Voidlords, I would welcome the lesson. I suspect it will come as no simple commodity in the days to come. "

@Drackos

Arthorius

Regular
Kin
4,105💸
Kumi
22,106💴
Trait Points
25⚔️
Lucifer was still kneeling with Enkidu when the newcomer arrived, he didn't pay much attention to the discussion as it seemed Merlin was determined to get a last few barbs in, it was almost amusing to see even those so world wise and long lived resort to such human behaviours. Though Lucifer's mood was destined to sour as the newcomer spoke such falsehoods about the mother of all life.

Lucifer hadn't felt such anger in quite some time, it was an alien thing almost, something that no doubt stemmed from his human side in part, they were quite prone to such things after all. The child of Tiamat was however respectful to both Solomon and Merlin, he also felt a sort of kinship that he could not quite explain with the god child, perhaps it was the ocean that birthed them, the natural link between them in Lucifer's eyes.

Nevertheless his respectful nature would curb his rage for the most part, however such slander would not go unanswered, the answer now would simply be words though, part of him understood that these humans couldn't be blamed for their ignorance, one of the few sins they were exempt from.

"You know nothing of Tiamat, Human. The stories you hear are naught but falsehoods used to justify the despicable actions of her own children, those who turned on her, seeking to control the world for themselves. Those voidlords desecrate the name of my mother and there will be a reckoning for this, for them and anyone else that does the same. Regardless of their rhyme and reason." Lucifer stated coldly, perhaps a little more coldly than usual.

Perhaps encountering the sentinels had evoked some disdain for the humans in Lucifer, after all what he saw down there in the depths was progress, that was innovation and community, they built a home and protected it, they had exhibited none of the wanton destruction of the humans.

Alyx

Supreme
Kin
799💸
Kumi
988💴
Trait Points
80⚔️
Came from: https://animebase.me/threads/kaijuu-ocean-260.757194/post-22059282

Finally arriving towards the docks, Mirabelle had made landfall onto the island of Theodoro once more. The last time she was here, she simply remained idle in her actions, having information on Emiya’s location withheld. She was exhausted; so much things transpiring within the small amount of time and also now with this new biomechanical surgery she had done to herself. Her body ached and moaned for rest, but there was no time for rest in the battles to come. Soon thing where only going to get worse once she felt. As she gathered her stuff, she took a deep breath – remembering the smell of the salty seas in her nostrils. Perhaps its these minor things that she never really had a chance to appreciate. However, this was just a brief distraction, as she looked in the direction of where she last remembered meeting with the others, as she body flickered from the docks into said direction. In only matter of minutes did she take to arrive at the location and without surprise, a gathering of people was here. It was the same individuals from her last visit. Namely Merlin and Lucifer; but Zhongli was also here.

Gentlemen” Mirabelle arrived, greeting them all with a light bow of her body. She scanned each of them, seems everyone was in good health for now. Her attention was directed however towards Solomon, the most ancient of them all here. Mirabelle approached a bit closer, with the intent of greeting her old mentor. “I know we saw each other last time I was here but we didn’t get to speak much, huh Solomon-sama” she said with a light laugh. Her hastiness knew no bounds afterall. However her sheepish laugh soon turned into a face of concern. She needed some answers and perhaps, just maybe this was the chance she was looking for. “Solomon…there’s something that’s been picking at my brain for a while now, I’ve been wondering with all these developments…was the razing of the Freehold anything to do with the Mother Cult?” she asked to the point. She stepped back, walking in place for a moment; as she followed onto her original question.

And IF it was them…why did they do it, if you don’t mind telling me. Hundreds…no…thousands of people died that night, all for what? Some selfish cultists wanting to fight the gods or whatever?! All these damned tales and legends, revelations and twists in history has been driving me crazy as to what’s right and true while the rest seems…just…I don’t know…” she said, her words lacking her usual enthusiasm. Her blue eyes glanced over to Solomon and then the others. She sighed, with her final words. “I just…want to rest knowing my mother and sister can properly be avenged…so if there is something you can tell me…please do…” she was begging at this point for any information that might lead to her the closure she desired. Perhaps the razing was truly just a random attack…who knew honestly.

@Drackos

Red-Robin

Regular
Kin
2,922💸
Kumi
14,033💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Lucifer was still kneeling with Enkidu when the newcomer arrived, he didn't pay much attention to the discussion as it seemed Merlin was determined to get a last few barbs in, it was almost amusing to see even those so world wise and long lived resort to such human behaviours. Though Lucifer's mood was destined to sour as the newcomer spoke such falsehoods about the mother of all life.

Lucifer hadn't felt such anger in quite some time, it was an alien thing almost, something that no doubt stemmed from his human side in part, they were quite prone to such things after all. The child of Tiamat was however respectful to both Solomon and Merlin, he also felt a sort of kinship that he could not quite explain with the god child, perhaps it was the ocean that birthed them, the natural link between them in Lucifer's eyes.

Nevertheless his respectful nature would curb his rage for the most part, however such slander would not go unanswered, the answer now would simply be words though, part of him understood that these humans couldn't be blamed for their ignorance, one of the few sins they were exempt from.

"You know nothing of Tiamat, Human. The stories you hear are naught but falsehoods used to justify the despicable actions of her own children, those who turned on her, seeking to control the world for themselves. Those voidlords desecrate the name of my mother and there will be a reckoning for this, for them and anyone else that does the same. Regardless of their rhyme and reason." Lucifer stated coldly, perhaps a little more coldly than usual.

Perhaps encountering the sentinels had evoked some disdain for the humans in Lucifer, after all what he saw down there in the depths was progress, that was innovation and community, they built a home and protected it, they had exhibited none of the wanton destruction of the humans.
Zhongli had given pause only after he had finished his line of conversation aimed toward Solomon before adjusting his attention to meet the individual who had remained silent thus far. Zhongli's gaze had focused intently upon him, his amber irises illuminated with curiosity as he took in more of the individual's characteristics. A greyish-pale complexion, something that was extraordinarily abnormal for all except one particular type of being; one who was only all too recent to the world stage and served as the byproduct of prior cataclysms. Certainly he had heard tell of the sort, but for the first time he was faced with him, eye-to-eye. While much was unknown, that went both ways, yet the only thing that seemed clear was that they spoke in affirmatives, like a child grasping at illusionary straws fixed in a view of the world they couldn't help but be intoxicated by. Perhaps a sobering moment would do well for those who needed it..

"Stories may often grow with embellishment but rarely do they find themselves told with more potent venom than they originated with. If you truly believe these Voidlords or even we as humanity find themselves in the capacity to bend the Primordial Mother of Creation to their whimsical designs then you must not think so highly of Tiamat yourself. Or you think too highly of them. What creation is made, was born of chaos; this is an irrefutable principle. The Gods are not so different from us that they do not fret over petty discrepancies in their designs. While she may be a Goddess, she is still a Mother; one whom dotes and is far too overbearing. She does not seek to let go but would rather cradle that which she loves until it suffocates, then wonders why it cannot breathe freely like she. Time and again this is so, no doubt she simply seeks to reclaim what was rightfully hers and build anew: You are proof of this. These Voidlords, I reckon, simply aim to draw parallels as it is convenient to herald in the spawn of their own Gods, ideals or whatever other tropes they wish to hale as their stigmata's. " Zhongli had not moved from his position, nor did his tone ever waver in any particular direction of emotion as he spoke. Rather he seemed quite relaxed, his hands folded neatly together in a loose tethering of one another behind his back as he maintained a persistent eye contact with the man before him that he was now speaking with. While he generally spoke as if to lecture, his intent was more to have an "exchange," yet he couldn't resist the temptation to witness how a loyal child will react when faced with things they do not know; whether they will bother to confirm what is told, or simply lash out in disruption of the waves crashing against their foundation.

"As one of her children yourself, I can respect your instinct to defend that to which gave you life's nourishment; I would personally expect no less. But the duty of we as children is to grow and learn from the mistakes made before us by those who nurtured us. If we think them infallible, then we will never learn, nor will they witness us grow. I do not know about you, but were I a parent, that would be my greatest sorrow. "

Imperfect

Elite
Kin
2,726💸
Kumi
36,426💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Coming from #237, Veskals Exchange.

As he closed his eyes in Veskals, in preparation for yet another long-distance warp, when Emiya opened his eyes once more, he saw the endless expanse of the Throne laid out before him. He was alone, drifting endlessly through an ocean of blue energy, that washed over him in rolling waves, each sending a chilling sensation down his spine, and yet he was not cold. He was... Nothing. Not warm, not cold, he simply was. To him his own existence was all that there was, the energy around him indistinguishable from his body itself. It was both calming and unnerving. That the boundary of his presence seemed to bleed over into everything else, that he himself was everything, and yet nothing. Allowing this feeling to simply wash over him, Emiya simply envisioned his destination; Theodoro.

As he materialized a reasonable distance from his absolute tether to the island, Enkidu, Emiya struggled for a moment to adjust to the change in lighting. From the dim blue glow of the Throne, to the blinding presence of the sun itself, Emiya quickly realized that, in his absence, seemingly everyone he'd met this last month had conspired to meet up. Though at first he thought it was a side-effect of his surgery, Emiya quickly took note of Enkidu's newfound adolescent form. With a hint of guilt betraying an otherwise proud smile, for he had not been there to see the God grow once again, yet was happy to see it all the same. As his gaze fell to Mira, Emiya questioned just how long he'd lingered within the Throne. It only felt like seconds to him, and yet Mira had traveled all the way from Veskals, implying it was far longer than he realized. Just how tired was he after Spider's tasks?

Turning his attention to his target, Emiya addressed Solomon with a calm, but ominous tone;

"Can I talk to you, alone, for just a moment?"

Chances were the borderline omniscient being was already aware of the reason for the visit, but Emiya wanted to give him the chance to explain himself, without any prying ears or eyes worrying about Emiya's imminent mildly accusatory tone.

Drackos

Legendary
Kin
5,496💸
Kumi
97,804💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Solomon and Enkidu awkwardly blinked at each other as the once quiet island of Theodoro suddenly erupted in clamor. Time was of the essence, and addressing each of the questions and concerns that Mirabelle, Zhongli, and Lucifer had raised was quickly becoming an issue that would take significant time. And time was something they couldn't spare. It wouldn't be long now before Phetra and her servants fortified the only weakness left in Irkalla: the pathway that Enlil constructed to invade with his brother Marduk many millennia ago. Solomon turned his attention to the group once again, raising his hands to silence the commotion. "I deeply respect everyone's questions, wishes, and concerns. But time is of the essence. Many mysteries will be made clear in the coming months. For now, Merlin will be guiding you all to the entrance of Irkalla and completing the ritual required to traverse into the Necropolis." Solomon turned to Emiya, motioning for him to follow him further inland to a private place. Enkidu followed close behind.

Arthorius

Regular
Kin
4,105💸
Kumi
22,106💴
Trait Points
25⚔️
Zhongli had given pause only after he had finished his line of conversation aimed toward Solomon before adjusting his attention to meet the individual who had remained silent thus far. Zhongli's gaze had focused intently upon him, his amber irises illuminated with curiosity as he took in more of the individual's characteristics. A greyish-pale complexion, something that was extraordinarily abnormal for all except one particular type of being; one who was only all too recent to the world stage and served as the byproduct of prior cataclysms. Certainly he had heard tell of the sort, but for the first time he was faced with him, eye-to-eye. While much was unknown, that went both ways, yet the only thing that seemed clear was that they spoke in affirmatives, like a child grasping at illusionary straws fixed in a view of the world they couldn't help but be intoxicated by. Perhaps a sobering moment would do well for those who needed it..
"Stories may often grow with embellishment but rarely do they find themselves told with more potent venom than they originated with. If you truly believe these Voidlords or even we as humanity find themselves in the capacity to bend the Primordial Mother of Creation to their whimsical designs then you must not think so highly of Tiamat yourself. Or you think too highly of them. What creation is made, was born of chaos; this is an irrefutable principle. The Gods are not so different from us that they do not fret over petty discrepancies in their designs. While she may be a Goddess, she is still a Mother; one whom dotes and is far too overbearing. She does not seek to let go but would rather cradle that which she loves until it suffocates, then wonders why it cannot breathe freely like she. Time and again this is so, no doubt she simply seeks to reclaim what was rightfully hers and build anew: You are proof of this. These Voidlords, I reckon, simply aim to draw parallels as it is convenient to herald in the spawn of their own Gods, ideals or whatever other tropes they wish to hale as their stigmata's. " Zhongli had not moved from his position, nor did his tone ever waver in any particular direction of emotion as he spoke. Rather he seemed quite relaxed, his hands folded neatly together in a loose tethering of one another behind his back as he maintained a persistent eye contact with the man before him that he was now speaking with. While he generally spoke as if to lecture, his intent was more to have an "exchange," yet he couldn't resist the temptation to witness how a loyal child will react when faced with things they do not know; whether they will bother to confirm what is told, or simply lash out in disruption of the waves crashing against their foundation.
"As one of her children yourself, I can respect your instinct to defend that to which gave you life's nourishment; I would personally expect no less. But the duty of we as children is to grow and learn from the mistakes made before us by those who nurtured us. If we think them infallible, then we will never learn, nor will they witness us grow. I do not know about you, but were I a parent, that would be my greatest sorrow. "
Solomon and Enkidu awkwardly blinked at each other as the once quiet island of Theodoro suddenly erupted in clamor. Time was of the essence, and addressing each of the questions and concerns that Mirabelle, Zhongli, and Lucifer had raised was quickly becoming an issue that would take significant time. And time was something they couldn't spare. It wouldn't be long now before Phetra and her servants fortified the only weakness left in Irkalla: the pathway that Enlil constructed to invade with his brother Marduk many millennia ago. Solomon turned his attention to the group once again, raising his hands to silence the commotion. "I deeply respect everyone's questions, wishes, and concerns. But time is of the essence. Many mysteries will be made clear in the coming months. For now, Merlin will be guiding you all to the entrance of Irkalla and completing the ritual required to traverse into the Necropolis." Solomon turned to Emiya, motioning for him to follow him further inland to a private place. Enkidu followed close behind.
"I've met humans like you, trying to apply human understanding to beings beyond you, but you seem to like the sound of your own voice more than the others. Though that is all it is, your own voice repeating the words of your own kind, you know nothing of Tiamat beyond what little you've read in your elders texts." Lucifer said dismissively, he wasn't in the mood for this human or it's attempts to seem sagely.

Solomon spoke up at this point and Lucifer let out a little smirk, it was the first time he had seen the man somewhat flustered, perhaps it was the sudden appearance of all these people. Solomon's words hung in the air briefly, he mentioned that Merlin was the one to lead them to Irkalla.

"Well then, that settles it, Merlin lead the way when you are ready. Divine child, I look forward to seeing how tall you stand when we next see each other." Lucifer said, nodding to Merlin first and foremost, then allowing his gaze to linger on Enkidu as he continued.

OOC: Passing control of my biography to @Goetia to allow us to travel as a group to Irkalla.

Alyx

Supreme
Kin
799💸
Kumi
988💴
Trait Points
80⚔️
Despite her attempts at trying to get answers, Solomon seems to promise she and the others who asked him questions will know when the time was right. Frustration became the immediate mood Mirabelle felt; however, it seems whatever mission he wants to send her on is urgent. Mirabelle folded her arms, unsure as to what was actually going on. “What’s this, Irkalla you speak of? It’s the first I’ve heard of it” she asked to Solomon more accurately; but it was rather an open-ended question to anyone to answer. However, context clues from the “Necropolis” gave her a hint as to what it possibly meant. After a quick deduction, Mirabelle realized where he meant afterwards. “So the home of the undead…” she wanted to ask more questions but perhaps one of the others will fill her in on the way. However, she started to rummage through her gear, making sure all her tools and misc. items was in one piece. She was thinking of gathering senjutu as well but perhaps she’ll wait for now until the right moment came along. “Well, ready to leave whenever you guys are ready” she said sheathing Kurokiba away into the scabbard on her left hip, as small sparks of electricity arced from the blade.

OOC: Granting @Goetia permission to move my biography for travel purposes.

• Haha

Imperfect

Elite
Kin
2,726💸
Kumi
36,426💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

Emiya followed Solomon further inland, probably further than they necessarily had to go to escape prying ears and eyes, though it was probably for the best. So long as a Voidlord didn't pop out from the bushes to grab Emiya and Enkidu for round 2, there wasn't anything that would go wrong with this rather simple exchange. Though given the nature of that exchange, the secrecy was understandable, or so Emiya assumed.

As they finished their brief jaunt, Emiya held out his hand with little flourish or celebration, hopefully drawing the bust out of the Throne for the final time. As a cold wave of energy chilled the area around them, there appearing in Emiya's outreaching hand, was the bust collected from the Ruined Temple, and unbeknownst to Emiya at least, remnants of Israel. With the rather weighty ornament balanced in his grasp, he gave Solomon both it, and the Spider's well wishes.

"From your friend in Veskals. He wants you to know he is indeed still your friend and ally, especially now."

After Solomon took the bust, Emiya offered up his reason for asking for privacy, but the question was completely unconditional. As he'd told Mira when she offered to share what she know of Solomon, his secrets were his own, to keep, or divulge at his whims. But after finding that thing in the ruins of a lost civilization, seemingly as old as recorded history itself, Emiya's curiosity had been piqued.

"Just who are you? Solomon? Romani? You've got friends and acquaintances calling you different names the world over. One's a charming doctor who can completely mass produce a cure you yourself pulled out of thin air after seeing Enkidu for only a few seconds, and another is a shady merchant running the dark side of trade of an entire continent. There was a sculpture of you in long-abandoned ruins that've got to be centuries old at least, and yet you don't look a day older than the one that was used to make it. You're presumably strong enough to fight something as powerful as a Voidlord, and yet you exclusively act from the sidelines... Why?

Don't misunderstand, I'm not judging you. You've probably got your reasons, same as I have mine for throwing myself in front of every dangerous situation I can find without even thinking things through. I would like to understand why you're this way though. Mira said she knew some stuff, but it's your business to tell, not hers. My little trip in the East is why I'm asking you now. Before I was ready to live and let live, everyone's got a past, and secrets, but that relic's given me a pretty decent reason to ask. Of course you can just refuse, I get the feeling we don't have much time to chat given the party back on the shore? Never a dull moment when you're involved, that's for sure..."

Emiya had no idea what else he could say. He wanted answers, but just because he'd been directed to a location where there just happened to be a relic of Solomon didn't mean he'd earned them. Regardless of Solomon's answer, Emiya steeled himself for the undeniable declaration of another crisis, given the boots in the sand, and Solomon's previous reply, that answers would come in time, but not now. If that's what was needed, then Emiya would accept it and simply move on to the next obstacle.

Goetia

Supreme
Kin
3,218💸
Kumi
109,579💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
With that, it was decided. Those on the island would be the first to march on the gates to the underworld, though they surely would not be the last. Without paying any mind to the squabble between Lucifer and Zhongli, nor the female he had met months earlier but failed to remember properly, Merlin turned to the vast ocean which stood between them and the great land to the west, where the entrance to Kur lay hidden. It would remain that way for only a little longer. Addressing the pair he would take with him, he signaled his departure to the King of Magic as well, "Off we go! I assume I'll meet you there later, Zhongli-kun." stepping into the small wooden boat docked at the shoreline with his companions in tow.

LLM, @Red-Robin

Red-Robin

Regular
Kin
2,922💸
Kumi
14,033💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
With that, it was decided. Those on the island would be the first to march on the gates to the underworld, though they surely would not be the last. Without paying any mind to the squabble between Lucifer and Zhongli, nor the female he had met months earlier but failed to remember properly, Merlin turned to the vast ocean which stood between them and the great land to the west, where the entrance to Kur lay hidden. It would remain that way for only a little longer. Addressing the pair he would take with him, he signaled his departure to the King of Magic as well, "Off we go! I assume I'll meet you there later, Zhongli-kun." stepping into the small wooden boat docked at the shoreline with his companions in tow.

LLM, @Red-Robin
After a temporary silence that was eventually broached by Merlin making mention of the departure, signaling the beginning of the migration to begin in the effort to make for the entrance of the Underworld where their grand crusade might take place, Zhongli had turned his gaze upon the water's horizon, off the shores of the beaches the company stood upon before returning his gaze to meet Merlin's. "Indeed you shall. I believe I will take my own way, though follow close behind, to be sure I do not lose my way. It has been a few years since I last had feet on the earth and I find that to be somewhat vexing, so I intend to enjoy the travel while I can. " In a steady manner, Zhongli had motioned toward the ferry boat that he had come upon previously, stepping into it before turning his gaze toward the party that planned to accompany Merlin specifically as their own independent vessel began to sail off. "May the sea be fair and the skies clear for you all, friends. For these are our final hours before the endless darkness becomes our plight. " After hushing the words upon the wind in a somber fashion before the presence of only himself now that the rest of the island had gone about their own ways, he set out on his own way as intended, making sure to take careful note of the heading that the party took before departing himself.

LLM

Drackos

Legendary
Kin
5,496💸
Kumi
97,804💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

Emiya followed Solomon further inland, probably further than they necessarily had to go to escape prying ears and eyes, though it was probably for the best. So long as a Voidlord didn't pop out from the bushes to grab Emiya and Enkidu for round 2, there wasn't anything that would go wrong with this rather simple exchange. Though given the nature of that exchange, the secrecy was understandable, or so Emiya assumed.

As they finished their brief jaunt, Emiya held out his hand with little flourish or celebration, hopefully drawing the bust out of the Throne for the final time. As a cold wave of energy chilled the area around them, there appearing in Emiya's outreaching hand, was the bust collected from the Ruined Temple, and unbeknownst to Emiya at least, remnants of Israel. With the rather weighty ornament balanced in his grasp, he gave Solomon both it, and the Spider's well wishes.

"From your friend in Veskals. He wants you to know he is indeed still your friend and ally, especially now."

After Solomon took the bust, Emiya offered up his reason for asking for privacy, but the question was completely unconditional. As he'd told Mira when she offered to share what she know of Solomon, his secrets were his own, to keep, or divulge at his whims. But after finding that thing in the ruins of a lost civilization, seemingly as old as recorded history itself, Emiya's curiosity had been piqued.

"Just who are you? Solomon? Romani? You've got friends and acquaintances calling you different names the world over. One's a charming doctor who can completely mass produce a cure you yourself pulled out of thin air after seeing Enkidu for only a few seconds, and another is a shady merchant running the dark side of trade of an entire continent. There was a sculpture of you in long-abandoned ruins that've got to be centuries old at least, and yet you don't look a day older than the one that was used to make it. You're presumably strong enough to fight something as powerful as a Voidlord, and yet you exclusively act from the sidelines... Why?

Don't misunderstand, I'm not judging you. You've probably got your reasons, same as I have mine for throwing myself in front of every dangerous situation I can find without even thinking things through. I would like to understand why you're this way though. Mira said she knew some stuff, but it's your business to tell, not hers. My little trip in the East is why I'm asking you now. Before I was ready to live and let live, everyone's got a past, and secrets, but that relic's given me a pretty decent reason to ask. Of course you can just refuse, I get the feeling we don't have much time to chat given the party back on the shore? Never a dull moment when you're involved, that's for sure..."

Emiya had no idea what else he could say. He wanted answers, but just because he'd been directed to a location where there just happened to be a relic of Solomon didn't mean he'd earned them. Regardless of Solomon's answer, Emiya steeled himself for the undeniable declaration of another crisis, given the boots in the sand, and Solomon's previous reply, that answers would come in time, but not now. If that's what was needed, then Emiya would accept it and simply move on to the next obstacle.
Solomon laughed, quite jovially, as he took the bust of himself in his hands. The Spider was certainly an ambitious tyrant, but a friendly one when necessary. Solomon had known the Spider since the downfall of Hanguri, but back then he was far less prominent. Their connection, inadvertently, was what made the Spider so powerful in the eastern reaches of the world. But Solomon saw the Spider's utility, his usefulness to humanity's salvation even though he was not human himself. That jovial laughter soon turned more gentle and measured as the physical memento of his past warmed his heart. Even he, someone who for so long had been outside of human experience, could feel these things. Perhaps it was because of his centuries of travel, living among humans in as much of an ordinary capacity as he could. Certainly eight centuries ago such a gesture would be entirely meaningless to Solomon, the King of Israel. But the Solomon at Theodoro, the Solomon of today, had changed significantly since then.

It was then his attention shifted yet again, from thinking of nostalgia to the issues that plague the world today. No, the issues that have plagued the world for since even the Mage King was born to Bathsheba and David. "Lucifer once asked this same question, Emiya. You will have many trials ahead of you, and because of that I feel you deserve to know just who I am. Over the centuries I have gone by many names; I was born as Solomon, the king of Israel. To many after that period I became Romani, a doctor who travelled the world. And to others I became the father of the Demon Gods. I am the possessor of the eyes that see past and future; the one who oversees humanity's final battle, but only from the outside. My time to rule has passed long ago. I serve only to guide those today to a more prosperous future."

Solomon could sense Goetia's discontent with the affirmation of his own laissez-faire approach to dealing with the Voidlords, Imeroth, Tiamat, and the Void itself. "I know it is a lot to take in, Emiya. But in time you will understand. For now you must go. That which you seek is locked in the deepest reaches of Irkalla, held in chains in the heart of the Palace of Ganzir." Solomon took the bust in his hand and turned away, holding it out for Enkidu to inspect. "Emiya..." Solomon began, turning back to look at him one more time. "You've done a lot for this young man. The line separates God and Man...it is so very thin. To the untrained eye, Enkidu here might simply appear a normal human. Truly remarkable. Remember what you fight for when you are down in the darkest depths of that hell." He turned away again, with Enkidu waving a small goodbye to Emiya before the two walked away.