Kin
2,568💸
Kumi
4,572💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Coming from Yakukotan (032)

Barney and Panthalassa passed through the land of spings as it was called. Renowned for its healing properties, their springs were a sought after resource, yet there was nobody to reap the benefits. All the inhabitants dead, the workers, visitors and others alike. It was pure chaos everywhere they looked. If they weren't set on a mission already they would've certainly stopped to relax and enjoy themselves for a bit, but time was of essence.

Leaving landmark with @Panthalassa.

Daemon

Legendary
Kin
1,754💸
Kumi
72,430💴
Trait Points
25⚔️
Awards
Coming from Southern Cluster (008) | Page 4 | Anime Forum (animebase.me)

Susabi reached Enshibetsu, the land of his people. He breathed in the air before moving towards the Hyuga Estate. He couldn't help but focus on how barren it was since Nefarian's plague took the lives of millions, many of which included members of his clan. His hung his head low as he continued forward. A woman's voice came from behind him. It was filled with anger and desperation.

Where have you been?! A chill was sent down Susabi's spine as he slowly turned around to face the woman who was calling out to him. She quickly ran up towards him and stared into his soul.
Hello, Emma. Susabi replied worriedly. He knew he was about to get an earful.
Did you forget your duty to us? To your clan? Your people? Just where the hell have you been?

Susabi took a moment to reply and reached underneath his garments and showed Emma the tool he had crafted. I got this made, it'll help us in the long run. It has the power to kill a god. He said firmly. He had hoped Emma would understand now but he was met with a furrowed brow and flared nostrils.

Who gives a damn about some gods?! She inhaled deeply and clasped her hands in front of her face in an attempt to regain composure. We need a leader. Not some god-slaying hero. Your duty is to us. I understand... I understand that you think taking arms against them will protect everyone...protect us. But right now, we need someone stable, who is here to lead by example when the circumstances are grim.

Susabi heard Emma's plead and became overwhelmed with guilt. It's true I haven't been here much. And I have been getting caught up with other things. Most of the elder council passed due to the Prismatic Curse. Susabi sighed. But... I have to. I have to stop them or at least attempt to. That's why.... Susabi reached of his hip, detached Heaven Carver from his hip, and held it out in front of Emma. Her furrowed brow elevated into a surprised look. Take it. As long as you have this, you can guide them.

Emma took two steps back and shook her head. Don't try and run from your responsibility, Susabi. I won't run a clan that is your birthright.
My responsibility is to this clan, yes. But it is also to the world around it. There is much that I need to uncover and understand. Susabi lowered the ivory scabbard of the Heaven Carver to his side. I need your help. So please... bear with me for a bit longer then.

Emma's frustration was justified but she understood Susabi's viewpoint. She begrudgingly nodded her head while pursing her lips together. Fine... leave. But you owe all of us. She walked past Susabi and entered the Hyuga compound. He followed after her.

Daemon

Legendary
Kin
1,754💸
Kumi
72,430💴
Trait Points
25⚔️
Awards
Emma brought Susabi deeper into the compound and towards the elder council's quarters were only one woman remained, Kinnara, the youngest of the council. Kinnara eyes flared as she noticed Susabi enter the chamber.

Well, well, well if it isn't the deadbeat! What has brought you back? She said as she rose from her seated position. Susabi bowed his head in respect for his elder. I am sorry that I have been absent but there were matters I had and still am attending to.

Emma stepped forward and bowed as well before interjecting into their interaction. He wants to make me, temporary head while he plays hero. The disappointment in her voice and heaviness behind her words were a direct dig at Susabi even though she understood his viewpoint. Kinnara raised an eyebrow and shifted her gaze towards Emma then back at Susabi.
Why are you making her temporary head? She has no rank. Explain.
Susabi folded his hands and began to speak.
She has the passion to lead them in my stead. And better yet she has you to guide her. She isn't bogged down by the selfishness that may be present within the hearts of higher-ranking clan members. I would trust her with my life, so I am entrusting yours in her hands. Emma heard Susabi's words and looked at him with surprise. She didn't know he would give her such veneration. She turned back to Kinnara and awaited her response.
Fine. I'll allow it, but hurry back. I'd prefer the actual heir here.

Susabi bowed his head in gratitude. Understood. He turned around and exited the compound aiming to go to Keishi, the marketplace of the land of fire.

LLM
Itinerary: 28 -> 34 -> 7

Pervyy

Immortal
Kin
3,689💸
Kumi
31,971💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Eastwatch. Lothar, General of the Order of Golden Amputation

A small fisherman's boat drifts silently through the calming waters carrying three. The three aboard seemed like simple fishermen, garbed in cloaks, a bit rough to look at though broad in stature. The boat drifted close to the rocky shoreline before one of the men jumped into the water, now up to his waistline. He took a sack from the ship, slinging it over his shoulder heading to the sure. The two remaining in the ship began to row, heading back from whence they came.
Upon reaching the shore, the man drew back his hood to survey the area, revealing the scarred face of Lothar. He looked around for any sign of humanity before heading inland to complete his mission. He needed to find the leader of Freehold.

Lord of Kaos

Supreme
Kin
4,695💸
Kumi
92,153💴
Trait Points
25⚔️
Eastwatch. Lothar, General of the Order of Golden Amputation

A small fisherman's boat drifts silently through the calming waters carrying three. The three aboard seemed like simple fishermen, garbed in cloaks, a bit rough to look at though broad in stature. The boat drifted close to the rocky shoreline before one of the men jumped into the water, now up to his waistline. He took a sack from the ship, slinging it over his shoulder heading to the sure. The two remaining in the ship began to row, heading back from whence they came.
Upon reaching the shore, the man drew back his hood to survey the area, revealing the scarred face of Lothar. He looked around for any sign of humanity before heading inland to complete his mission. He needed to find the leader of Freehold.
You must be registered for see images

Two women walked through the encampment, talking with one another as they walked. The two women moved as differently as night and day; the taller of the two walked forward with her arms folded and her face obscured from behind the metal mask she wore as her short companion twirled about, almost dancing on air. The delicate dancing contrasted the harsh conversation she and her armored friend were having, having just received a message from Konoe.

“Oh, but it’s such a nice day, isn’t it?,” the woman said, spinning with her arms outstretched as her bow hung on her shoulder. She turned towards her friend who watched her with a raised eyebrow. “Do we really have to go all the way west? It’s so hot there and I heard the guys are yuck”

Scowling, her friend merely shook her head and responded. “Tomoe! We aren’t there for dates, Hangaku said this is serious. No goofing around,”

“Yeah, yeah, I know, Koman. It’s always so serious with you,” Tomoe responded but obliged as she folded her arms mocking Koman’s demeanor. “Would be better if it was though,” she said under her breath. As she mumbled, she noticed the man approaching the camp and turned to him, a smile now etched on her face.

“Oooohh, I think the envoy she mentioned is here and look - it’s a man!” As she approached him, she took a step back. Not a good looking one, she thought. She noticed all the scars but before she could speak, Koman addressed him first, having arrived behind her ally.

“What business do you have here? This base isn’t open to civilians.”

Reactions: Zatanna

Pervyy

Immortal
Kin
3,689💸
Kumi
31,971💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Two women walked through the encampment, talking with one another as they walked. The two women moved as differently as night and day; the taller of the two walked forward with her arms folded and her face obscured from behind the metal mask she wore as her short companion twirled about, almost dancing on air. The delicate dancing contrasted the harsh conversation she and her armored friend were having, having just received a message from Konoe.

“Oh, but it’s such a nice day, isn’t it?,” the woman said, spinning with her arms outstretched as her bow hung on her shoulder. She turned towards her friend who watched her with a raised eyebrow. “Do we really have to go all the way west? It’s so hot there and I heard the guys are yuck”

Scowling, her friend merely shook her head and responded. “Tomoe! We aren’t there for dates, Hangaku said this is serious. No goofing around,”

“Yeah, yeah, I know, Koman. It’s always so serious with you,” Tomoe responded but obliged as she folded her arms mocking Koman’s demeanor. “Would be better if it was though,” she said under her breath. As she mumbled, she noticed the man approaching the camp and turned to him, a smile now etched on her face.

“Oooohh, I think the envoy she mentioned is here and look - it’s a man!” As she approached him, she took a step back. Not a good looking one, she thought. She noticed all the scars but before she could speak, Koman addressed him first, having arrived behind her ally.

“What business do you have here? This base isn’t open to civilians.”
Step by step, Lothar observed everything around him, he was in lands that were unfamiliar to him. As he approached he noticed the two women, one seemed more relaxed that the other, a bow hanging on their shoulder but the other seemed serious. As Lothar walked through, they stopped, addressing him. He paused a moment looking into the eyes of the more serious of the two before casting back his hood to reveal his battle worn face.

"I'm here on behalf of the Grand Master, the true advocate for humanity's survival." He spoke with pride in his voice any time he spoke of Mara. He placed his hand inside his cloak drawing a scroll with a unique seal on it. "I have news for the master of Freehold. Not only this, but a gift." He dropped the sack off his back on the ground. The bag slightly damp giving off a rotten smell, not one of human flesh. He stood holding our the scroll awaiting the reaction of the two before him.

Reactions: Zatanna

Lord of Kaos

Supreme
Kin
4,695💸
Kumi
92,153💴
Trait Points
25⚔️
Step by step, Lothar observed everything around him, he was in lands that were unfamiliar to him. As he approached he noticed the two women, one seemed more relaxed that the other, a bow hanging on their shoulder but the other seemed serious. As Lothar walked through, they stopped, addressing him. He paused a moment looking into the eyes of the more serious of the two before casting back his hood to reveal his battle worn face.

"I'm here on behalf of the Grand Master, the true advocate for humanity's survival." He spoke with pride in his voice any time he spoke of Mara. He placed his hand inside his cloak drawing a scroll with a unique seal on it. "I have news for the master of Freehold. Not only this, but a gift." He dropped the sack off his back on the ground. The bag slightly damp giving off a rotten smell, not one of human flesh. He stood holding our the scroll awaiting the reaction of the two before him.
Tomoe continued to watch the man reproachfully as he spoke, raising a brow at the mention of a Grandmaster. He mentioned having news for Konoe, though she initially brushed it off at the mention of a gift. "Ooouu, gifts? Did you bring me anything?" Bouncing forward to grab the bag, she waltzed back beside Koman before opening it, dropping it in disgust.

"Ewww, what kind of gift is this?? It's not even shiny!"
Tomoe expressed his disgust at the severed stone-like head in the bag while Koman merely glanced inside and back at the man, her eyes narrowed.

"If you're here for a bounty, then Westwatch is where you should be turning that in. We've long ceased those operations here,"
she said as Tomoe composed herself.

"...wait, he mentioned news for Konoe. What business does this news relate to?" Tomoe asked the man, tying the bag back close.

Pervyy

Immortal
Kin
3,689💸
Kumi
31,971💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Tomoe continued to watch the man reproachfully as he spoke, raising a brow at the mention of a Grandmaster. He mentioned having news for Konoe, though she initially brushed it off at the mention of a gift. "Ooouu, gifts? Did you bring me anything?" Bouncing forward to grab the bag, she waltzed back beside Koman before opening it, dropping it in disgust.

"Ewww, what kind of gift is this?? It's not even shiny!" Tomoe expressed his disgust at the severed stone-like head in the bag while Koman merely glanced inside and back at the man, her eyes narrowed.

"If you're here for a bounty, then Westwatch is where you should be turning that in. We've long ceased those operations here," she said as Tomoe composed herself.

"...wait, he mentioned news for Konoe. What business does this news relate to?" Tomoe asked the man, tying the bag back close.
Lothar eyed the one who mentioned a bounty, leaving a silence lingering in the air. "Listen to your friend, she heard the word 'gift' correctly. A gift means a person does not expect something in return, unlike a bounty."

With that Lothar turned as though to the return in the direction he'd come come. "The gift was a token from my master. You're lord is surrounded. He's fighting at war he can't possibly hope to win. He is being keeping afloat in an endless tide that seeks to drag him to the depths and all those with him. My master seeks to drain the oceans..." He let his words linger before taking a few steps in the direction he came from. He was a proud man, he hadn't come to beg with those playing at war. If their leader wanted to continue being on the back foot, so be it. The Order was ready, preparing for it's final attack.

As he walked he threw a scroll he'd offered over his shoulder without word. They could decide the next move.

Lord of Kaos

Supreme
Kin
4,695💸
Kumi
92,153💴
Trait Points
25⚔️
Lothar eyed the one who mentioned a bounty, leaving a silence lingering in the air. "Listen to your friend, she heard the word 'gift' correctly. A gift means a person does not expect something in return, unlike a bounty."

With that Lothar turned as though to the return in the direction he'd come come. "The gift was a token from my master. You're lord is surrounded. He's fighting at war he can't possibly hope to win. He is being keeping afloat in an endless tide that seeks to drag him to the depths and all those with him. My master seeks to drain the oceans..." He let his words linger before taking a few steps in the direction he came from. He was a proud man, he hadn't come to beg with those playing at war. If their leader wanted to continue being on the back foot, so be it. The Order was ready, preparing for it's final attack.

As he walked he threw a scroll he'd offered over his shoulder without word. They could decide the next move.
The man had turned to walk away as abruptly as he walked up, giving a short response as he did so. He made mention of Konoe’s position between Aureliana and Archelirion, the two deities who made their way to the Mainland following the Cataclysm. Her eyes narrowing at the statements, Koman noticed something he said as he continued to walk. She turned to Tomoe who hadn’t caught it, which was apparent with how she continued to watch the departing man in confusion. He tossed a scroll over his shoulder, landing between the two women before leaving.

“Tssk, totally rude. He didn’t even say where he was from, just showed up with heads and left.” Tomoe said, rolling her eyes.

Taking a deep sigh, Koman retorted “He said he was here on behalf of the Grand Master.”

“Pfft, that could mean anything! Isn’t there a Grandmaster Iavid, that monk guy? What’s he doing with severed heads? Maybe he’s planning on turning those Arali prettier or something,” she said, rubbing her chin in mockingly deep thought.

“Who knows? That guy mentioned something though…. He said Konoe was “keeping float” in the “endless tide” of war and his master wants to “drain the oceans”.

“Yeah… I don’t know, I just thought he had a water fetish or something.”

Koman turned towards the scroll, walking to retrieve it as she watched the man leaving, now in the distance. “It means they plan on killing the Gods. We need to talk to her.” The duo turned and walked away, pondering who the man was and if he was representing Iavid or some other person. Perhaps Hangaku would be able to make sense of this.

Zatanna

Elite
Kin
4,926💸
Kumi
18,043💴
Trait Points
40⚔️

Nadja eventually came to the edge of Eastwatch where over the rise she could see a vast encampment housing soldiers, supplies and various other military sites that were essential for an operating outpost. She could see small training grounds, a few different supply tents for armours and weapons, a place for animals and another which might have been a recreational area for soldiers to unwind on the far side. Nadja wasn't quite sure how she would be welcomed, but Tien did say this was a port of call for new recruits, so she scanned around looking for somewhere that seemed to be an opening for her to walk to. Spying something like a huddled mass of shabby tents and people in between farmers clothes, merchants, prisoners and soldiers, Nadja would have taken a guess that it could be where everyone signing up would be directed first, and so she made her way there.

A short walk to the outskirts, she caught some eyes looking at her in various ways, curiosity, animosity but most were looks of caution as in the slop of the mud, the twin swords jangled at her waist against her plated armour. Compared to all these people around her, she looked like she was already ready for battle or a fight. They weren't wrong, she had been prepared the moment she left Shimogakure but she didn't wear any attire that could be recognized or among the black cloaks that a majority of the Freehold soldiers seemed to wear, from shabby short cloaks to regal long cloaks that the administrators wore. Stepping up into the line, she waited briefly while others gave her a wide berth, stepping aside to get a better look at her. It probably didn't help that she wore something in between a scowl and annoyance on her face that seemed to now be her resting look, not purposefully trying to appear unapproachable. Nadja simply after a decade of looking cautious seemed to have grown used to looking like she was ready for trouble, so that's just how it rested now.

Approaching the table she spoke to the one sitting there in charge.
My name is Nadja Gamma and I've come here from Castle Black to request on behalf of the Uchiha in Mianmen to join the Freehold. They are led by a man name Goji who are willing to help defend Mianmen and fight in the Freehold. On top of this, I have also been asked to deliver a message to Kaida from Tomoe.

Lord of Kaos

Supreme
Kin
4,695💸
Kumi
92,153💴
Trait Points
25⚔️

Nadja eventually came to the edge of Eastwatch where over the rise she could see a vast encampment housing soldiers, supplies and various other military sites that were essential for an operating outpost. She could see small training grounds, a few different supply tents for armours and weapons, a place for animals and another which might have been a recreational area for soldiers to unwind on the far side. Nadja wasn't quite sure how she would be welcomed, but Tien did say this was a port of call for new recruits, so she scanned around looking for somewhere that seemed to be an opening for her to walk to. Spying something like a huddled mass of shabby tents and people in between farmers clothes, merchants, prisoners and soldiers, Nadja would have taken a guess that it could be where everyone signing up would be directed first, and so she made her way there.

A short walk to the outskirts, she caught some eyes looking at her in various ways, curiosity, animosity but most were looks of caution as in the slop of the mud, the twin swords jangled at her waist against her plated armour. Compared to all these people around her, she looked like she was already ready for battle or a fight. They weren't wrong, she had been prepared the moment she left Shimogakure but she didn't wear any attire that could be recognized or among the black cloaks that a majority of the Freehold soldiers seemed to wear, from shabby short cloaks to regal long cloaks that the administrators wore. Stepping up into the line, she waited briefly while others gave her a wide berth, stepping aside to get a better look at her. It probably didn't help that she wore something in between a scowl and annoyance on her face that seemed to now be her resting look, not purposefully trying to appear unapproachable. Nadja simply after a decade of looking cautious seemed to have grown used to looking like she was ready for trouble, so that's just how it rested now.

Approaching the table she spoke to the one sitting there in charge.
My name is Nadja Gamma and I've come here from Castle Black to request on behalf of the Uchiha in Mianmen to join the Freehold. They are led by a man name Goji who are willing to help defend Mianmen and fight in the Freehold. On top of this, I have also been asked to deliver a message to Kaida from Tomoe.
Eastwatch had been transformed from the former hot spring resort it once was into the compound it now was; after the Cataclysm, the mystical springs had been overrun by Arali seeking to make use of the waters. Through a strong campaign, the Freehold managed to flush the demons out but not without a long and difficult battle that saw many of their own fallen. Though it took many long, strenuous months, the Freehold finally repaired and restructured the springs, creating a new base of operations for the Freehold.

As Nadja navigated through the group towards the line, many of the enlisted members looked around towards her as they whispered amongst themselves. A guest to Eastwatch wasn’t uncommon but this was one as they are usually accompanied by one of the Ravens or Generals, special protection given to travel directly to the waters that were off limits to most of them. As the whispers spread, Nadja joined a line of people waiting to talk to someone, eventually making her way to the front of the line before speaking and asking to join the Freehold. The woman at the desk looked at her for a small moment, before turning back to her paperwork and mumbling in an earpiece.

“Nadja, was it? The Freehold is always accepting new recruits who have proven their dedication to the Freehold as well as a commitment to protect mankind from any threats that may arise.

However, only the best can be a part of the Freehold as we are only as strong as our weakest member. As noble as the cause may be, all those Uchiha in Mianmen, was it.. will not be joining the Freehold. Mianmen is already a territory of the Freehold and thus under it’s protection and networks. When the last group of new recruits from the region joined, there was no word nor sight of men when scouts patrolled. We recently just accepted the new groups of recruits who passed their trainings,”
she said, waving around to the men who were watching the conversation.

“That is not to say one cannot be an ally or friend to the Freehold should they prove useful and helpful. There is always room for allies,” the woman finished as a dark haired man walked out of one of the larger buildings behind the group, deep in discussion. He walked with 2 others, a cloaked man who walked with a hunched over posture, making him seem half as tall as he truly were. The thick cloak he wore concealed his appearance except for red and yellow eyes, staring up towards the man in the middle as he spoke in a wheezing voice.

“But what of the relic?”

“In time, my friend,” replied the other figure who walked on the opposing side. His black cloak atop the black kimono he wore also concealed his face, though he stood regally as he spoke, his arms folded and tucked into his sleeves. “We shall learn what we can before it is too late. I can investigate north of here while you search the southern areas.”

“Very well,”
said the raspy voice, coughing as he did. The two departed, both leaving with one another towards the Gates before disappearing. Meanwhile, the black haired man stood, scratching his beard as he pondered. He had just began to reach for his communication scroll when he noticed the woman standing at the line. Walking towards them, he spoke to them.

“Oi! Where’s your uniform, soldier? I don’t see your rank or colors, Miss…..” he said, looking towards the woman seated for help.

“Nadja, sir. Miss Nadja”

“..Nadja, right, right. Wait” He frowned at the name. “I don’t remember seeing your name on any briefings recently, are you from our sister branch? Hmm, maybe an exchange program member,” he said as he scratched his chin, gazing into the distance as he thought absent-mindedly.

“She’s from Mianmen, a Uchiha from the region requesting help and membership.”

“And you guys let her back here? With no clearance pass? Sheesh, looks like you all will have some gauntlets to run, get to it! Make sure they have someone out there to watch them though,” the man said, grinning at the group mischievously as he nodded to the seated woman. The idea of making them run drills later annoyed the recruits as they stood to leave, flashing looks of annoyance at the mysterious woman who showed up. “Now, you.”

As he turned towards Nadja, his expression hardened swiftly as he stared down at her. “If it was help you sought, it would have been wise to seek this at the entrance and not with the new recruits still in training. As she told you, Mianmen has been a part of the Freehold for the last 2 years. Resources as well as scouts are sent out monthly to lands we control in order to aid for those in these lands, so to hear you say you need resources is….curious, to say the least. Very strange for you to show up in these times,” as the man spoke to her, his eyes narrowed. She claimed to need resources but this couldn’t be possible unless the resources never arrived there. If that was the case, they would be aware as they scour the lands repeatedly. Coupled with infiltrating the restricted areas, he was tempted to arrest her, though he still didn’t know much about her or where she came from.

“Sir, she said she had a message from Tomoe to be delivered to Kaida.”

“Oh? Is that so? Where did you encounter Tomoe, girl? What business did she want?”

Zatanna

Elite
Kin
4,926💸
Kumi
18,043💴
Trait Points
40⚔️
Eastwatch had been transformed from the former hot spring resort it once was into the compound it now was; after the Cataclysm, the mystical springs had been overrun by Arali seeking to make use of the waters. Through a strong campaign, the Freehold managed to flush the demons out but not without a long and difficult battle that saw many of their own fallen. Though it took many long, strenuous months, the Freehold finally repaired and restructured the springs, creating a new base of operations for the Freehold.

As Nadja navigated through the group towards the line, many of the enlisted members looked around towards her as they whispered amongst themselves. A guest to Eastwatch wasn’t uncommon but this was one as they are usually accompanied by one of the Ravens or Generals, special protection given to travel directly to the waters that were off limits to most of them. As the whispers spread, Nadja joined a line of people waiting to talk to someone, eventually making her way to the front of the line before speaking and asking to join the Freehold. The woman at the desk looked at her for a small moment, before turning back to her paperwork and mumbling in an earpiece.

“Nadja, was it? The Freehold is always accepting new recruits who have proven their dedication to the Freehold as well as a commitment to protect mankind from any threats that may arise.

However, only the best can be a part of the Freehold as we are only as strong as our weakest member. As noble as the cause may be, all those Uchiha in Mianmen, was it.. will not be joining the Freehold. Mianmen is already a territory of the Freehold and thus under it’s protection and networks. When the last group of new recruits from the region joined, there was no word nor sight of men when scouts patrolled. We recently just accepted the new groups of recruits who passed their trainings,”
she said, waving around to the men who were watching the conversation.

“That is not to say one cannot be an ally or friend to the Freehold should they prove useful and helpful. There is always room for allies,” the woman finished as a dark haired man walked out of one of the larger buildings behind the group, deep in discussion. He walked with 2 others, a cloaked man who walked with a hunched over posture, making him seem half as tall as he truly were. The thick cloak he wore concealed his appearance except for red and yellow eyes, staring up towards the man in the middle as he spoke in a wheezing voice.

“But what of the relic?”

“In time, my friend,” replied the other figure who walked on the opposing side. His black cloak atop the black kimono he wore also concealed his face, though he stood regally as he spoke, his arms folded and tucked into his sleeves. “We shall learn what we can before it is too late. I can investigate north of here while you search the southern areas.”

“Very well,” said the raspy voice, coughing as he did. The two departed, both leaving with one another towards the Gates before disappearing. Meanwhile, the black haired man stood, scratching his beard as he pondered. He had just began to reach for his communication scroll when he noticed the woman standing at the line. Walking towards them, he spoke to them.

“Oi! Where’s your uniform, soldier? I don’t see your rank or colors, Miss…..” he said, looking towards the woman seated for help.

“Nadja, sir. Miss Nadja”

“..Nadja, right, right. Wait” He frowned at the name. “I don’t remember seeing your name on any briefings recently, are you from our sister branch? Hmm, maybe an exchange program member,” he said as he scratched his chin, gazing into the distance as he thought absent-mindedly.

“She’s from Mianmen, a Uchiha from the region requesting help and membership.”

“And you guys let her back here? With no clearance pass? Sheesh, looks like you all will have some gauntlets to run, get to it! Make sure they have someone out there to watch them though,” the man said, grinning at the group mischievously as he nodded to the seated woman. The idea of making them run drills later annoyed the recruits as they stood to leave, flashing looks of annoyance at the mysterious woman who showed up. “Now, you.”

As he turned towards Nadja, his expression hardened swiftly as he stared down at her. “If it was help you sought, it would have been wise to seek this at the entrance and not with the new recruits still in training. As she told you, Mianmen has been a part of the Freehold for the last 2 years. Resources as well as scouts are sent out monthly to lands we control in order to aid for those in these lands, so to hear you say you need resources is….curious, to say the least. Very strange for you to show up in these times,” as the man spoke to her, his eyes narrowed. She claimed to need resources but this couldn’t be possible unless the resources never arrived there. If that was the case, they would be aware as they scour the lands repeatedly. Coupled with infiltrating the restricted areas, he was tempted to arrest her, though he still didn’t know much about her or where she came from.

“Sir, she said she had a message from Tomoe to be delivered to Kaida.”

“Oh? Is that so? Where did you encounter Tomoe, girl? What business did she want?”
Despite everything Nadja had been through growing up, it always surprised her when she came to towns, villages and even this encampment concentrated with a large number of people when compared to her own tiny village where she was born. It had barely more than 50 people with people coming and going often to live in the main village or to come spend some time in the quiet remote icy landscape so seeing an organize compound that had a lot of preparation was almost overwhelming to her. Swallowing something that had caught in her throat, she looked around with ears perking at all information and sensory intake she could, before snapping out of it back to the moment she heard her name.

Nadja almost spoke up about to interrupt the woman at the desk with the intent to clarify or maybe at least try to bargain for some kind of advance when another came over flanked by two others than departed his side. Nadja had gathered that maybe those with special cloaks were important or at least higher ups that had some authority in the Freehold, and most likely the same as an identification of seniority for those to be respected. As he came over and questioned her appearance, he explained the situation as the receptionist spoke up about her message as well. Nadja's heart sank with how she phrased it which partly or perhaps entirely was in Nadja's fault, giving it more importance than what it particularly actually was, but Nadja would stall for time as she could try to think of a back out.

As the hunched over man questioned her, Nadja began to recite her journey, trimming it down and briefly skipping over its boring parts.
I came from Mianmen as it is run down and broken, the people there have been kind enough to give me shelter and asked if I can come on their behalf to request aid to fix up the compound. First I went looking for anyone from the Freehold to ask where I can get information from, which pointed me towards Castle Black and it was there I put forward the case. I should clarify that I suppose if the Freehold is able to help and send more supplies to repair the Compound there, the people would be willing to pay off that debt however they can. It was there that a man with a dark cloak and some circular glasses spoke to me as I explained why I was there, and pointed me towards this place. While we were speaking, it was when a woman with some kind of wolf pelt and bow spoke to me telling me to come here as well.

Nadja wondered if the impression she was painting to this man was favourable or if she was digging her own grave with every word, as she started to feel self-conscious about rambling and saying more than she needed.
Nadja slapped her hands to her cheeks causing them to turn a slight pink as she wiped them down to calm herself and continue speaking, her eccentric tick almost getting the better of her.
I only want what's best for those people in Mianmen and I want to protect them, while I may not look it I am pretty strong and can look after myself and the compound if needed. So I thought coming here and joining the Freehold would be beneficial not only for the people of Mianmen but also means I could protect others as well and if supplies have gone missing or not delivered to Mianmen or the compound then I could investigate if that was needed or if I join assigned to me. As for the message, well...
Nadja paused and gave a small breath out cursing her own wording and eventually coming to the silly point of trying to find the right way to say 'it wasn't an official message but I thought if I made it sound important then you'd let me in to say hello but I didn't think that far ahead enough to consider that it could go wrong and if it turns out that you think I'm lying or I was abusing the permission to come back here then things could go really wrong really bad'....

I need to give the message to someone called Kaida, but I dont know anyone here by that name yet...
Nadja might need to think quick about delivering a message when an idea sparked in her brain which she followed up on, testing the waters.
Though I wanted to give the best impression, I'm not sure if she was actually serious about the message, but I didnt want to disappoint her so I'm going to give it when I see them anyway. Do you know where Kaida is? She continued on her rambling

It was the best she could do on short notice trying to fix her own short sighted comings but well.... at this point all she could do was be honest and earnest. Even if she looked dumb and stupid, if she could join the Freehold maybe eventually she might redeem herself.

Lord of Kaos

Supreme
Kin
4,695💸
Kumi
92,153💴
Trait Points
25⚔️
Despite everything Nadja had been through growing up, it always surprised her when she came to towns, villages and even this encampment concentrated with a large number of people when compared to her own tiny village where she was born. It had barely more than 50 people with people coming and going often to live in the main village or to come spend some time in the quiet remote icy landscape so seeing an organize compound that had a lot of preparation was almost overwhelming to her. Swallowing something that had caught in her throat, she looked around with ears perking at all information and sensory intake she could, before snapping out of it back to the moment she heard her name.

Nadja almost spoke up about to interrupt the woman at the desk with the intent to clarify or maybe at least try to bargain for some kind of advance when another came over flanked by two others than departed his side. Nadja had gathered that maybe those with special cloaks were important or at least higher ups that had some authority in the Freehold, and most likely the same as an identification of seniority for those to be respected. As he came over and questioned her appearance, he explained the situation as the receptionist spoke up about her message as well. Nadja's heart sank with how she phrased it which partly or perhaps entirely was in Nadja's fault, giving it more importance than what it particularly actually was, but Nadja would stall for time as she could try to think of a back out.

As the hunched over man questioned her, Nadja began to recite her journey, trimming it down and briefly skipping over its boring parts.
I came from Mianmen as it is run down and broken, the people there have been kind enough to give me shelter and asked if I can come on their behalf to request aid to fix up the compound. First I went looking for anyone from the Freehold to ask where I can get information from, which pointed me towards Castle Black and it was there I put forward the case. I should clarify that I suppose if the Freehold is able to help and send more supplies to repair the Compound there, the people would be willing to pay off that debt however they can. It was there that a man with a dark cloak and some circular glasses spoke to me as I explained why I was there, and pointed me towards this place. While we were speaking, it was when a woman with some kind of wolf pelt and bow spoke to me telling me to come here as well.

Nadja wondered if the impression she was painting to this man was favourable or if she was digging her own grave with every word, as she started to feel self-conscious about rambling and saying more than she needed.
Nadja slapped her hands to her cheeks causing them to turn a slight pink as she wiped them down to calm herself and continue speaking, her eccentric tick almost getting the better of her.
I only want what's best for those people in Mianmen and I want to protect them, while I may not look it I am pretty strong and can look after myself and the compound if needed. So I thought coming here and joining the Freehold would be beneficial not only for the people of Mianmen but also means I could protect others as well and if supplies have gone missing or not delivered to Mianmen or the compound then I could investigate if that was needed or if I join assigned to me. As for the message, well...
Nadja paused and gave a small breath out cursing her own wording and eventually coming to the silly point of trying to find the right way to say 'it wasn't an official message but I thought if I made it sound important then you'd let me in to say hello but I didn't think that far ahead enough to consider that it could go wrong and if it turns out that you think I'm lying or I was abusing the permission to come back here then things could go really wrong really bad'....

I need to give the message to someone called Kaida, but I dont know anyone here by that name yet...
Nadja might need to think quick about delivering a message when an idea sparked in her brain which she followed up on, testing the waters.
Though I wanted to give the best impression, I'm not sure if she was actually serious about the message, but I didnt want to disappoint her so I'm going to give it when I see them anyway. Do you know where Kaida is? She continued on her rambling

It was the best she could do on short notice trying to fix her own short sighted comings but well.... at this point all she could do was be honest and earnest. Even if she looked dumb and stupid, if she could join the Freehold maybe eventually she might redeem herself.
The man’s stony expression remained as the woman continued to speak about some run down compound the Uchiha had been in that was running low on supplies and needed help. He scratched his chin as he was genuinely confused on how it was possible. He had just sent out a bunch of recruits towards Westwatch to make sure everything was going well, but apparently that wasn’t the case.

“Hmm. So you’re telling me the soldiers and supplies sent there never made it there to Mianmen? I wonder if Konoe is aware of this. Interesting…,” he muttered to himself, pondering if any of the Arali nearby had managed to intercept the soldiers. As he pondered, he withdrew a scroll and wrote a short message in it before turning his attention back to the woman.

“Sir. She said Goji was leading a compound there.”

At the mention, the man burst into laughter, leaning back as he laughed towards the sky. The rugged expression he held faded near instantly as he laughed.

“Hahahah, that old fart’s still around? Oh that’s rich,” the man said as he held his stomach chuckling jovially. “Yeah, I remember him. I wonder if that scar still burns. Oh man, I almost forgot about him. Great man, haha.” The man wiped tears from his eyes as he turned back towards the woman.

“So Old Man Goji is leading the Uchiha, huh? Figures, Madara abandoned them or is it the other way around? Havent seen him since Tani fell, oh well. That just confirms they no longer follow his command, I’ll have to let Konoe know about this,” he said, withdrawing the scroll to jot something down once more. “Now! As for you, miss Nadia, was it? Listen, as much as I’d like to help, but you know, we can’t accept all of those soldiers into the Freehold. We need the elite and no, offense, the Uchiha are kinda ass if they don’t have the Mangekyo. I know, I know — ‘But we’re still skilled and can help, yadda yadda.’ But if they were skilled enough to join the Freehold, wouldn’t they be skilled enough to defend themselves and gain resources? Now, I may be able to help but I can’t really afford to leave the post, ya know?”

Motioning for her to follow him, he turns and walks away from the group.

“You see, Westwatch is my post, my station. All of these recruits here are my responsibility and their training is of the utmost importance. Because of this, I need to be present for them to ensure the future of the Freehold is strong. I report directly to the Lord Commander himself and much like the Ravens it sounds like you met, I take my responsibilities seriously.” As they walked, the man’s hair changed slowly as they walked, the darkened color brightening until it became a bright blonde color accentuated with fiery red highlights.

"As you can probably guess, I am Kaida, Light of the Freehold, the Shining Star of the West, the Prophetic…, well I haven't worked out that title yet, actually." He said, pausing for a second. Shaking his head, he continued "You mentioned you had a message for me from Tomoe. What does my sister want now?"

Zatanna

Elite
Kin
4,926💸
Kumi
18,043💴
Trait Points
40⚔️
The man’s stony expression remained as the woman continued to speak about some run down compound the Uchiha had been in that was running low on supplies and needed help. He scratched his chin as he was genuinely confused on how it was possible. He had just sent out a bunch of recruits towards Westwatch to make sure everything was going well, but apparently that wasn’t the case.

“Hmm. So you’re telling me the soldiers and supplies sent there never made it there to Mianmen? I wonder if Konoe is aware of this. Interesting…,” he muttered to himself, pondering if any of the Arali nearby had managed to intercept the soldiers. As he pondered, he withdrew a scroll and wrote a short message in it before turning his attention back to the woman.

“Sir. She said Goji was leading a compound there.”

At the mention, the man burst into laughter, leaning back as he laughed towards the sky. The rugged expression he held faded near instantly as he laughed.

“Hahahah, that old fart’s still around? Oh that’s rich,” the man said as he held his stomach chuckling jovially. “Yeah, I remember him. I wonder if that scar still burns. Oh man, I almost forgot about him. Great man, haha.” The man wiped tears from his eyes as he turned back towards the woman.

“So Old Man Goji is leading the Uchiha, huh? Figures, Madara abandoned them or is it the other way around? Havent seen him since Tani fell, oh well. That just confirms they no longer follow his command, I’ll have to let Konoe know about this,” he said, withdrawing the scroll to jot something down once more. “Now! As for you, miss Nadia, was it? Listen, as much as I’d like to help, but you know, we can’t accept all of those soldiers into the Freehold. We need the elite and no, offense, the Uchiha are kinda ass if they don’t have the Mangekyo. I know, I know — ‘But we’re still skilled and can help, yadda yadda.’ But if they were skilled enough to join the Freehold, wouldn’t they be skilled enough to defend themselves and gain resources? Now, I may be able to help but I can’t really afford to leave the post, ya know?”

Motioning for her to follow him, he turns and walks away from the group.

“You see, Westwatch is my post, my station. All of these recruits here are my responsibility and their training is of the utmost importance. Because of this, I need to be present for them to ensure the future of the Freehold is strong. I report directly to the Lord Commander himself and much like the Ravens it sounds like you met, I take my responsibilities seriously.” As they walked, the man’s hair changed slowly as they walked, the darkened color brightening until it became a bright blonde color accentuated with fiery red highlights.

"As you can probably guess, I am Kaida, Light of the Freehold, the Shining Star of the West, the Prophetic…, well I haven't worked out that title yet, actually." He said, pausing for a second. Shaking his head, he continued "You mentioned you had a message for me from Tomoe. What does my sister want now?"
Nadja listened intently as Kaida responded to her inquiry giving her information about the recent events, letting her know they actually had sent some supplies already to the area but for whatever reason, either hadn't shown up or not used. Curious to say the least, she wonder if Goji was aware or knew they had already sent or been stolen . . . Nadja thought he was a man of honour considering her interactions with him and didn't think he would steal or hide them from the rest of the Uchiha. Then Kaida mentioned another name, Madara, was this the one leading the Uchiha before Goji? She heard some whispers and mentions of the name in passing but never anything more than just hushed tones....perhaps it was something to ask Goji about or investigate more.

It was then he somewhat insulted her bloodline and offer with a backhanded reasoning, which she understood, but still couldn't help have her clan blood boil a bit at the dismissal. However in his wording there was an invitation, whether on purpose or subtly placed to pique her interest. The way he worded it almost sounded like a challenge or at least a way to prove herself, worthy of joining the Freehold.

As he finished she would pause to think for a moment before opening both her palms to show Kaida the options ahead she offered.
Thank you for your time, and I believe I can help you and settle this, accepting only the elite while proving myself. I will go find these supplies that were sent along with any men that were with them to find out what happened. I will not only get the supplies the the compound to help the Uchiha but also find and report back any information if Arali were involved. From there, instead of accepting the whole clan as basic soldiers, I can prove myself enough at least to be an asset to the Freehold.
She took a small curtsey at her offer hoping that if he would accept it, then it would be a step into the Freehold to gain some more information and some kind of presence for the Uchiha. If she could also fond information on this Madara then it would also help her.
Moving on to the message about Tomoe, Nadja struggled to keep her face straight from the grimace and pained expression that was trying to poke its way through. She hated the idea of being a messenger and one that only had something so mundane and simple, but she did say she would deliver it.
The message Tomoe asked me to deliver was...
As she took a sighed breath
Say high to Kaida for me...
She bowed her head slightly again to try higher the flush in her cheeks from embarrassment, and after a moment brought her head back up. Quickly moving on to try and avoid lingering on Amy embarrassment that might be had, she tried to focus on the task and job at hand.

If you're happy with me to find these supplies, any of the Freehold men and information then I'll shortly head off, unless you have any necessary information that might help?

Lord of Kaos

Supreme
Kin
4,695💸
Kumi
92,153💴
Trait Points
25⚔️
Nadja listened intently as Kaida responded to her inquiry giving her information about the recent events, letting her know they actually had sent some supplies already to the area but for whatever reason, either hadn't shown up or not used. Curious to say the least, she wonder if Goji was aware or knew they had already sent or been stolen . . . Nadja thought he was a man of honour considering her interactions with him and didn't think he would steal or hide them from the rest of the Uchiha. Then Kaida mentioned another name, Madara, was this the one leading the Uchiha before Goji? She heard some whispers and mentions of the name in passing but never anything more than just hushed tones....perhaps it was something to ask Goji about or investigate more.

It was then he somewhat insulted her bloodline and offer with a backhanded reasoning, which she understood, but still couldn't help have her clan blood boil a bit at the dismissal. However in his wording there was an invitation, whether on purpose or subtly placed to pique her interest. The way he worded it almost sounded like a challenge or at least a way to prove herself, worthy of joining the Freehold.

As he finished she would pause to think for a moment before opening both her palms to show Kaida the options ahead she offered.
Thank you for your time, and I believe I can help you and settle this, accepting only the elite while proving myself. I will go find these supplies that were sent along with any men that were with them to find out what happened. I will not only get the supplies the the compound to help the Uchiha but also find and report back any information if Arali were involved. From there, instead of accepting the whole clan as basic soldiers, I can prove myself enough at least to be an asset to the Freehold.
She took a small curtsey at her offer hoping that if he would accept it, then it would be a step into the Freehold to gain some more information and some kind of presence for the Uchiha. If she could also fond information on this Madara then it would also help her.
Moving on to the message about Tomoe, Nadja struggled to keep her face straight from the grimace and pained expression that was trying to poke its way through. She hated the idea of being a messenger and one that only had something so mundane and simple, but she did say she would deliver it.
The message Tomoe asked me to deliver was...
As she took a sighed breath
Say high to Kaida for me...
She bowed her head slightly again to try higher the flush in her cheeks from embarrassment, and after a moment brought her head back up. Quickly moving on to try and avoid lingering on Amy embarrassment that might be had, she tried to focus on the task and job at hand.

If you're happy with me to find these supplies, any of the Freehold men and information then I'll shortly head off, unless you have any necessary information that might help?
As they spoke, the girl was intent on showing her worth to Kaida, holding onto his every word. Of course, the charismatic general knew it; the golden soldier had quite a way with words and knew how to sell something so well that even the Gods would be intrigued. Rubbing the chin that formerly held hair, Kaida nodded slowly as Nadja spoke. When she got to the message his sister had for him, he paused, his fingers still on his chin. Moments passed as his face remained expressionless, the short message washing over him. And then,

“That girl’s going to be the death of me, she is. Here I was thinking she had something important to discuss — she could have written me in the scroll over this! Sisters…” Kaida mumbled, shaking his head as he turned towards the distance, gazing out towards Westwatch.

” You wish to assist the Freehold, girlie? Fine then, here’s a simple task for you: Find out what happened to those resources. If you found them or what happened to them, return and report back to me with this information and we’ll go from there.”

As he spoke, he turned back towards her, smiling faintly. ”I leave you with a small poem, a haiku I wrote recently.

Danger looms ahead.
Evil spirits threaten all.
Kaida is awesome.

Complete 3 A rank Missions investigating landmarks near Mianmen for information regarding lost supplies and the envoys carrying them. At least one of these missions must involve a dangerous Arali interaction. Upon completion, report back to Westwatch and speak to Kaida.

Zatanna

Elite
Kin
4,926💸
Kumi
18,043💴
Trait Points
40⚔️
As they spoke, the girl was intent on showing her worth to Kaida, holding onto his every word. Of course, the charismatic general knew it; the golden soldier had quite a way with words and knew how to sell something so well that even the Gods would be intrigued. Rubbing the chin that formerly held hair, Kaida nodded slowly as Nadja spoke. When she got to the message his sister had for him, he paused, his fingers still on his chin. Moments passed as his face remained expressionless, the short message washing over him. And then,

“That girl’s going to be the death of me, she is. Here I was thinking she had something important to discuss — she could have written me in the scroll over this! Sisters…” Kaida mumbled, shaking his head as he turned towards the distance, gazing out towards Westwatch.

” You wish to assist the Freehold, girlie? Fine then, here’s a simple task for you: Find out what happened to those resources. If you found them or what happened to them, return and report back to me with this information and we’ll go from there.”

As he spoke, he turned back towards her, smiling faintly. ”I leave you with a small poem, a haiku I wrote recently.

Danger looms ahead.

Evil spirits threaten all.

Kaida is awesome.

Complete 3 A rank Missions investigating landmarks near Mianmen for information regarding lost supplies and the envoys carrying them. At least one of these missions must involve a dangerous Arali interaction. Upon completion, report back to Westwatch and speak to Kaida.
There was a moment where Nadja was waiting with a baited breath to see whether she had delivered it correctly or all of her effort to come to this place had been in vain depending on the mood of the person she was sent to see. Nadja was unsure if she would be seen as an asset or if there would be an instant dismissal of her and she might have to wait for them to approach her. Then there was also the notion of delivering a pointless message but surprisingly to her surprise, Kaida took it all in stride and was genuinely someone she could look up to. Perhaps it was his leadership or he could tell that she making a genuine effort to connect but either way he mumbled before turning his head away which Nadja leaned in a bit to hear what he said before following his gaze.

It seemed that the message was taken and if anything hopefully it would also give a little benefit to the Raven in the future or at worst there was no negative benefit. His tone and syntax was a bit rough but Nadja forgave it as she wanted no reason to upset him despite the fact that she wanted respect from them. Listening intently she would nod her head in understanding about the task and situation that he was telling her about, taking up her offer to find the missing supplies. It sounded like a simple recon mission but considering the supplies went missing with no word about it, and the loyalty of what she had heard about so far there could be an element of danger.

She was unsure if she should salute or give some sign of respect, but she wasn't in the army or part of them yet... so it didn't make sense though she didn't want to displease Kaida and stroking any ego usually always worked so with a slight bow and nod of her head, she accepted the mission. As she brought her head back up she listened one more time how he came up with a poem, something Nadja actually really enjoyed. It was just a bit of a pity it wasn't quite accurate to what a haiku was, but again she wasn't going to point it out or displease him. However raising her head with a smile, she spoke cheerily to his final words.

Oh thats really cool, I hope I can come back after and listen to more of them, I do love poetry. As a thank you, please accept my amateur recently written haiku modified to thank you.

Forest, silent, dark
Dangerous, needs protecting

by Shining Kaida

Nadja finished by a tilted head smile once more and turned on her heel with her cloak swishing in the flourish as she walked off, determined to prove her worth and making an impact on the world, starting with making the Freehold accept her.

LLM

• Sad
Reactions: Ańbu Juniør

Zatanna

Elite
Kin
4,926💸
Kumi
18,043💴
Trait Points
40⚔️
coming from https://animebase.me/threads/mianmen-028.755845/post-22132103

Arriving just after the high peak of sun during the day, Nadja marched in silent solidarity with the liberated soldiers, the stolen supplies now repurposed as a symbol of triumph over adversity. The cave's memories clung to them like a shadow, but their journey towards the training camp at Eastwatch echoed with the resilient steps of those who had defied captivity.

The freed prisoners, once reluctant guard escorts to the stolen supplies, now walked alongside Nadja with a newfound sense of purpose. The camaraderie that had forged within the depths of the cave was a testament to the unyielding spirit of those who faced adversity together. Each step taken in unison marked not only a physical journey but a collective triumph against the forces that had sought to quell their resolve.

As they approached Eastwatch, the training camp stood as a beacon on the horizon, its fires flickering like beacons of welcome. The watchful eyes of the Freehold awaited, eager for news of the mission's success. Nadja, the silent architect of justice, led the procession through the camp's gates with a stoic demeanor. The liberated soldiers, their faces now illuminated by the campfires, shared knowing glances, their gratitude evident in the flicker of their tired but resilient eyes. The stolen supplies, once a coveted bounty for raiders, had been reclaimed, and the prisoners turned allies walked as free men once more.

Nadja looked around for any sign of the large man she had met before, Kaida, to give him the happy successful results.

Completed missions: