Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
If tartarus arc jellal, then mard will win mid diff against both of them
They have no des magic ,no defence against Momento mori, atmost jellal can do what df natsu did to mard, no more

Commander Axe

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
No it won't be. Mard in base was eaily stomping Natsu, Sting and Rouge together and he was ****ing around with the CSK. Mard murders Jellal.
The same Jellal who was matching Jura when he wasn't even serious? Jellal is around the same tier as Laxus. The same Laxus who is still a tier above Natsu until we're shown otherwise. Jellal stalemates Mard Geer or at least gives him a run for his money.

Last edited:

-Akuma-

Elite
Kin
958💸
Kumi
9💴
Trait Points
65⚔️
The same Jellal who was matching Jura when he wasn't even serious? Jellal is around the same tier as Laxus. The same Laxus who is still a tier above Natsu until we're shown otherwise. Jellal stalemates Mard Geer or at least gives him a run for his money.

That's some logic, you said yourself Jellal is Laxus tier and Laxus back then is not casually stomping Natsu, Sting and Rouge at the same without going all out. Jellal gets slaughtered if he fights Mard.

Commander Axe

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
That's some logic, you said yourself Jellal is Laxus tier and Laxus back then is not casually stomping Natsu, Sting and Rouge at the same without going all out. Jellal gets slaughtered if he fights Mard.
Currently Laxus was the only one who was able to do anything against the Spriggan 12, hell he would've seriously damaged Ajeel if August, the strongest spriggan 12, didn't interfere. Laxus stomps sting and rogue without breaking a sweat, his only concern would be Natsu who he'd win against with med difficulty. Jellal is laxus tier and even faster than Laxus so he gives Mard a good fight

-Akuma-

Elite
Kin
958💸
Kumi
9💴
Trait Points
65⚔️
Currently Laxus was the only one who was able to do anything against the Spriggan 12, hell he would've seriously damaged Ajeel if August, the strongest spriggan 12, didn't interfere. Laxus stomps sting and rogue without breaking a sweat, his only concern would be Natsu who he'd win against with med difficulty. Jellal is laxus tier and even faster than Laxus so he gives Mard a good fight

I'm talking about Tarturos arc Laxus and Jellal.....Plus nothing even implies Jallal is even on current Laxus's level. Look how much Laxus grew in 1 year compared to Jellal in 7. Current Laxus would beat Mard but Jellal isn't on Laxus's level until shown otherwise.

Commander Axe

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I'm talking about Tarturos arc Laxus and Jellal.....Plus nothing even implies Jallal is even on current Laxus's level. Look how much Laxus grew in 1 year compared to Jellal in 7. Current Laxus would beat Mard but Jellal isn't on Laxus's level until shown otherwise.
and Laxus isn't above him until shown otherwise either. They have always be known to be on the same tier, since the days of mystogan (even though their not the same people but you know what I mean). Fairy tail seems to progress in a rather linear fashion in terms of power levels, it goes as

Gildarts
Laxus/Mystogan/Jellal
Erza/Natsu/Gray/Mirajane/Gajeel
Wendy/Juvia etc etc

All of these people increase in power as the series goes but the ranking remains the same. Of course Natsu will end up on top end of series but thats a different story.

-Akuma-

Elite
Kin
958💸
Kumi
9💴
Trait Points
65⚔️
and Laxus isn't above him until shown otherwise either. They have always be known to be on the same tier, since the days of mystogan (even though their not the same people but you know what I mean). Fairy tail seems to progress in a rather linear fashion in terms of power levels, it goes as

Gildarts
Laxus/Mystogan/Jellal
Erza/Natsu/Gray/Mirajane/Gajeel
Wendy/Juvia etc etc

All of these people increase in power as the series goes but the ranking remains the same. Of course Natsu will end up on top end of series but thats a different story.

No they haven't always been equal, Laxus was stronger than Mysotgan during that FT battle arc. Then after that around the Tenrou Island arc Laxus was stronger than Jellal when we had last seen him. No it really doesn't Jellal's progress in 7 years is a ****ing joke compared to Laxus's in 1 year, while Natsu currently has shown to be much stronger than Gildarts ever was. Not mention at once point Natsu was stronger than Laxus, while Erza in Tarturos was a lot stronger than Mira etc. Jellal isn't on Laxus's level currently.

milkydean

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Laxus was a tier above natsu, but he wont be able to do much against twin dragons and natsu.Remember twin dragons improved in strength too.They defeated genma who was stronger than all 9dg as mard stated himself.And mard was stomping them + natsu without even being serious.Thats a massive difference.And like I said jellal dont have des, nor does erza.They are not hurting mar, even if they do, Mard will regenerate they have no counter against Momento mori. Its mid diff atmost

Commander Axe

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
No they haven't always been equal, Laxus was stronger than Mysotgan during that FT battle arc. Then after that around the Tenrou Island arc Laxus was stronger than Jellal when we had last seen him. No it really doesn't Jellal's progress in 7 years is a ****ing joke compared to Laxus's in 1 year, while Natsu currently has shown to be much stronger than Gildarts ever was. Not mention at once point Natsu was stronger than Laxus, while Erza in Tarturos was a lot stronger than Mira etc. Jellal isn't on Laxus's level currently.
You mean the fight they had before Erza and Natsu interrupted? Cause that was a consistent stalemate. On the Tenrou Island Arc that was after Jellal had barely lost to Etherion Natsu, you cant judge their levels due to a loss to etherion Natsu, thats a powered up Natsu from one of the most powerful weapons to ever be shown in FT. Jellal's progress honestly wasn't that bad, hell soloing the oracion seis with zero killing intent is a plus in my book.

Besides the 7 year time skips point was not to progress in strength, but to progress story, the 1 year time skip, was to progress strength, in pretty much every character we've seen thus far, have benefited from the 1 year time skip. And yes Natsu is stronger than pre 1 year time skip Gildarts, but thats assuming Gildarts didnt benefit from it either the same way the rest of FT has done.

Not sure I remember Natsu ever being stronger than Laxus not counting a temporary power up from something he ate. And you can't say Tartaros Erza is stronger, what do you base that on? Their opponents? They fought completely different level of opponents, one whom Erza already had experience fighting, the other being Kyoka, whom Erza stalemated with. Plus I have no doubt Mirajane will awaken a new form as Seilah pointed out that Mirajane could become an extremely dangerous threat.

Laxus was a tier above natsu, but he wont be able to do much against twin dragons and natsu.Remember twin dragons improved in strength too.They defeated genma who was stronger than all 9dg as mard stated himself.And mard was stomping them + natsu without even being serious.Thats a massive difference.And like I said jellal dont have des, nor does erza.They are not hurting mar, even if they do, Mard will regenerate they have no counter against Momento mori. Its mid diff atmost
Laxus is a tier above meaning he can take out the twin dragons with relative ease leaving it down to him and Natsu who he takes out with med difficulty. They did improve in strength but I doubt that would make much of a different for Laxus who required the strongest Spriggan 12 to block his attack. However your right, Jellal and Erza do not have anyway of harming Mard Geer due to no devil slaying magic

Last edited:

milkydean

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You mean the fight they had before Erza and Natsu interrupted? Cause that was a consistent stalemate. On the Tenrou Island Arc that was after Jellal had barely lost to Etherion Natsu, you cant judge their levels due to a loss to etherion Natsu, thats a powered up Natsu from one of the most powerful weapons to ever be shown in FT. Jellal's progress honestly wasn't that bad, hell soloing the oracion seis with zero killing intent is a plus in my book.

Besides the 7 year time skips point was not to progress in strength, but to progress story, the 1 year time skip, was to progress strength, in pretty much every character we've seen thus far, have benefited from the 1 year time skip. And yes Natsu is stronger than pre 1 year time skip Gildarts, but thats assuming Gildarts didnt benefit from it either the same way the rest of FT has done.

Not sure I remember Natsu ever being stronger than Laxus not counting a temporary power up from something he ate. And you can't say Tartaros Erza is stronger, what do you base that on? Their opponents? They fought completely different level of opponents, one whom Erza already had experience fighting, the other being Kyoka, whom Erza stalemated with. Plus I have no doubt Mirajane will awaken a new form as Seilah pointed out that Mirajane could become an extremely dangerous threat.

Laxus is a tier above meaning he can take out the twin dragons with relative ease leaving it down to him and Natsu who he takes out with med difficulty. They did improve in strength but I doubt that would make much of a different for Laxus who required the strongest Spriggan 12 to block his attack. However your right, Jellal and Erza do not have anyway of harming Mard Geer due to no devil slaying magic
I am not sure if op is talking current jellal or tartarus jellal, but since we dont know anything about current jellal, so i am taking tartarus jellal into consideration.
Like I said twin dragons have improved after Gmg.They took down genma who was stronger than any of the 9 dg according to Mard himself.Strongest dg is kyouka, and she is Erza level.So twin dragons can take down somebody who is stronger than even erza tier, and there isnt much difference between erza and laxus.Add natsu to the team and laxus will be in bad condition.While Mard was literally playing with this trio ds .He could have easily killed the 3 of them.That alone shows the massive difference.Mard have an etherious form too, and last but not the least Momento mori.Thats a oneshot kill considering its hype.And jellal and erza dont have des or silver to defend against it.So if mard decides to use it at the start its gonna be low diff for him.

Commander Axe

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I am not sure if op is talking current jellal or tartarus jellal, but since we dont know anything about current jellal, so i am taking tartarus jellal into consideration.
Like I said twin dragons have improved after Gmg.They took down genma who was stronger than any of the 9 dg according to Mard himself.Strongest dg is kyouka, and she is Erza level.So twin dragons can take down somebody who is stronger than even erza tier, and there isnt much difference between erza and laxus.Add natsu to the team and laxus will be in bad condition.While Mard was literally playing with this trio ds .He could have easily killed the 3 of them.That alone shows the massive difference.Mard have an etherious form too, and last but not the least Momento mori.Thats a oneshot kill considering its hype.And jellal and erza dont have des or silver to defend against it.So if mard decides to use it at the start its gonna be low diff for him.
While Erza has always been part of the S class group, Erza and Minerva were always known to be on the bottom compared to the rest as stated by Laxus himself during the battle of fairy tail arc. The top tier were always Gildarts Mystogan and Laxus and while they stated Erza has potential to surpass them, it has not been shown whether or not she has caught up to Laxus levels at all. Although we'll get a chance to see that during this mondays upcoming chapter where she fights Ajeel.

Although your right, I had totally forgotten about the devil slayer side of things, how only those with the power can harm or defend against Mard's attacks such as mori. Hell even Gildarts loses to Mard without a devil slayer power, it's the same principle with dragons and dragon slayers. It's my fault for not brushing up on my fairy tail facts xD

BusinessManTeno

Supreme
Kin
2,903💸
Kumi
10,493💴
Trait Points
60⚔️
Awards
Ehhhh

Laxus is and was during the tarturus arc above natsu

The only reason laxus is out the battle is cause he was ****ing up his opponent so bad he committed suicide taking laxus down with him

Laxus = Jellal
Jellal > Erza

Weirdly, Erza main strong form is her no armor form which I think is BS
The reason why I say maybe is cause chances are they synergy is on point.
But they lack nakama power. Lol
Natsu, and Gray i believe have the strongest nakama power.. well lucci too
then laxus and erza... They need more rage

If he was to kill jellal, I do believe she could beat him alone. U_U