Sinthorus

Elite
Kin
3,644💸
Kumi
23,771💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Thank you for agreeing to oversee my training in this field, @Sinthorus. I greatly appreciate it and look forward to your tutelage. 🙏

I am open to both RP and OOC oriented training, even a combination of both. Whatever best suits you at your own discretion.
Seeing as you will be going through a bit more RP orientated stuff with AJ, I'll stick to OOC stuff here. Give me a quick run down of the Doggo clan.

Red-Robin

Regular
Kin
2,932💸
Kumi
14,033💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Seeing as you will be going through a bit more RP orientated stuff with AJ, I'll stick to OOC stuff here. Give me a quick run down of the Doggo clan.
Doggo clan uses doggo. Doggo is friend. We are Doggo's friend.

Ahem. Well, canonically the Inuzuka clan is recognized as being one of the primary clans stemming from Konohagakure. They are known for their beastly affiliation with that of their iconic Ninken companions, whom serve as the foundation for most, if not all of their clans techniques and abilities in some way or another. The Inuzuka clan member themselves due to their close-knit relation with their animal companions are often recognized as being quite animalistic themselves, such as being prone to relying on their instincts or senses to direct the majority of their behavior and decision making, while also being quite unpredictable in how they might react to certain situations to those that are not familiar with who they are which is treated as an advantage of the part of the Inuzuka.

As for the Ninken, they are all from the canine family, namely dogs, and canonically are partnered with their Shinobi counterparts from a young age, after which are practically inseparable for the remainder of their partnered lives. These Ninken have a surprising variety of uniqueness to them that extends beyond simple breeds, though breeds too are quite ranged in their diversity. Some Ninken are capable of honing certain elements, others adopt particular advantages in one trait over another, some are capable of speech while others are not. Though not all Ninken are capable of speech, it is recognized that all Inuzuka are capable of confident and comprehensive communication with their Ninken, regardless of whether or not they are able to speak the same language, which eliminates the concern of communication breakdown.

Last edited:

Sinthorus

Elite
Kin
3,644💸
Kumi
23,771💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Doggo clan uses doggo. Doggo is friend. We are Doggo's friend.

Ahem. Well, canonically the Inuzuka clan is recognized as being one of the primary clans stemming from Konohagakure. They are known for their beastly affiliation with that of their iconic Ninken companions, whom serve as the foundation for most, if not all of their clans techniques and abilities in some way or another. The Inuzuka clan member themselves due to their close-knit relation with their animal companions are often recognized as being quite animalistic themselves, such as being prone to relying on their instincts or senses to direct the majority of their behavior and decision making, while also being quite unpredictable in how they might react to certain situations to those that are not familiar with who they are which is treated as an advantage of the part of the Inuzuka.

As for the Ninken, they are all from the canine family, namely dogs, and canonically are partnered with their Shinobi counterparts from a young age, after which are practically inseparable for the remainder of their partnered lives. These Ninken have a surprising variety of uniqueness to them that extends beyond simple breeds, though breeds too are quite ranged in their diversity. Some Ninken are capable of honing certain elements, others adopt particular advantages in one trait over another, some are capable of speech while others are not. Though not all Ninken are capable of speech, it is recognized that all Inuzuka are capable of confident and comprehensive communication with their Ninken, regardless of whether or not they are able to speak the same language, which eliminates the concern of communication breakdown.
Not gonna lie, I would have accepted this: "Doggo clan uses doggo. Doggo is friend. We are Doggo's friend."

Great reply. So your Inuzuka doggo senses allow you to smell sense and hear a bit better, increasing your tracking in the process by x 1.5.
  • The members of this clan, much like their canine partners have greatly enhanced senses especially their sense of smell and partially their sense of hearing, granting them a x1.5 passive sensing bonus to living beings and can track scents up to 1 landmark away ( this applies to the Inuzuka, and not the Ninken ). By concentrating chakra to their noses, their sense of smell is amplified to an even greater extent allowing the user to be able to detect, track and monitor targets from a fair distance away, though as Naruto demonstrated this makes them highly sensitive to foul stenches.
With this in mind, we shall look at the base of your abilities, Doggos. So on your bio you have have up to 3 doggos of which 2 can be a custom breed. You will submit these custom breeds in the cj submission thread.

So lets have a look at the cannon ones available to you:

( Hyōjun Ninken ) - Standard Ninja Dog
Type: Offensive/Defensive/Supplementary
Range: Short - Long
Chakra: N/A
Damage: N/A
Description: The user's Ninken are among the main breed of dogs, the breed widely available to every Inuzuka as a default. These dogs are capable of using all of the Inuzuka canon techniques but with added effects as well as unique abilities exclusive to the main breed, unable to be obtained by custom breeds. Commonly used as the tracker dogs, these dog move at 16 speed and have a tracking level of x2 as well as up to 3 landmarks away. In addition to this, they are capable of ingesting Medical Pills, enhancing their physical abilities through the use of them. However, this is unique to the Standard Breed of dogs.
Note: Must be a member of the Inuzuka Clan.
Note: This is a passive technique, meant to describe the Ninken, and does not entail a sort of manipulation.

( Ryōshi Ninken ) - Hunter Ninja Dog
Description: The user's Ninken are among the Hunter breed of dogs, a breed available to every Inuzuka. These dogs are capable of using all of the Inuzuka canon techniques but with added effects as well as unique abilities exclusive to the main breed, unable to be obtained by custom breeds. Commonly used as the hunter dogs, these dogs are more suited to battle than their canon counterparts and as such have a neutrality to energy based attacks and a strength to all physical attacks. In addition to this, they are capable of dealing 20 damage via freeform attacks, though this cannot go over 80 damage inflicted a turn as well as a standard 20 additional damage to their Ninken techniques. These ninken move at 12 speed and have a tracking level of x3 as well as smell up to 2 landmarks away. However, this is unique to the Hunter Breed of dogs.
Note: This is a passive technique, meant to describe the Ninken, and does not entail a sort of manipulation.

Red-Robin

Regular
Kin
2,932💸
Kumi
14,033💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Not gonna lie, I would have accepted this: "Doggo clan uses doggo. Doggo is friend. We are Doggo's friend."

Great reply. So your Inuzuka doggo senses allow you to smell sense and hear a bit better, increasing your tracking in the process by x 1.5.
  • The members of this clan, much like their canine partners have greatly enhanced senses especially their sense of smell and partially their sense of hearing, granting them a x1.5 passive sensing bonus to living beings and can track scents up to 1 landmark away ( this applies to the Inuzuka, and not the Ninken ). By concentrating chakra to their noses, their sense of smell is amplified to an even greater extent allowing the user to be able to detect, track and monitor targets from a fair distance away, though as Naruto demonstrated this makes them highly sensitive to foul stenches.
With this in mind, we shall look at the base of your abilities, Doggos. So on your bio you have have up to 3 doggos of which 2 can be a custom breed. You will submit these custom breeds in the cj submission thread.

So lets have a look at the cannon ones available to you:

( Hyōjun Ninken ) - Standard Ninja Dog
Description: The user's Ninken are among the main breed of dogs, the breed widely available to every Inuzuka as a default. These dogs are capable of using all of the Inuzuka canon techniques but with added effects as well as unique abilities exclusive to the main breed, unable to be obtained by custom breeds. Commonly used as the tracker dogs, these dog move at 16 speed and have a tracking level of x2 as well as up to 3 landmarks away. In addition to this, they are capable of ingesting Medical Pills, enhancing their physical abilities through the use of them. However, this is unique to the Standard Breed of dogs.

( Ryōshi Ninken ) - Hunter Ninja Dog
Description: The user's Ninken are among the Hunter breed of dogs, a breed available to every Inuzuka. These dogs are capable of using all of the Inuzuka canon techniques but with added effects as well as unique abilities exclusive to the main breed, unable to be obtained by custom breeds. Commonly used as the hunter dogs, these dogs are more suited to battle than their canon counterparts and as such have a neutrality to energy based attacks and a strength to all physical attacks. In addition to this, they are capable of dealing 20 damage via freeform attacks, though this cannot go over 80 damage inflicted a turn as well as a standard 20 additional damage to their Ninken techniques. These ninken move at 12 speed and have a tracking level of x3 as well as smell up to 2 landmarks away. However, this is unique to the Hunter Breed of dogs.
These are the two standard Ninken options to choose from for an Inuzuka biography, obviously. While not a whole lot can be differentiated between the two, in my personal opinion the Hunter Ninja Dog seems to be the superior option between the two of them, if I'm not mistaken? They can do just about everything the Standard Ninja Dog is described as being capable of with only slight variation in their speed and tracking limitations, but can also deal bonus damage with Ninken techniques as well as freeform combat capability. So it just seems odd to have one as an option when the latter -at least on the surface- appears to be clearly superior as a baseline.

To clarify, are you meant to include these in full on the user's biography to show your choices, and are you allowed to mix-and-match these breeds within your total? Like, say, two hunters and one standard?

Sinthorus

Elite
Kin
3,644💸
Kumi
23,771💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
These are the two standard Ninken options to choose from for an Inuzuka biography, obviously. While not a whole lot can be differentiated between the two, in my personal opinion the Hunter Ninja Dog seems to be the superior option between the two of them, if I'm not mistaken? They can do just about everything the Standard Ninja Dog is described as being capable of with only slight variation in their speed and tracking limitations, but can also deal bonus damage with Ninken techniques as well as freeform combat capability. So it just seems odd to have one as an option when the latter -at least on the surface- appears to be clearly superior as a baseline.

To clarify, are you meant to include these in full on the user's biography to show your choices, and are you allowed to mix-and-match these breeds within your total? Like, say, two hunters and one standard?
To be honest, not everyone would chase power (Ikr?) so having an option gives context really. Appreciate what your options are and all of that. Though, yes, Hunter Ninja Dogs are the clear winner of the two.

The latter, you can mix and match I believe. I've seen nothing that says otherwise, just the limit on only two custom breeds.

(Bakuretsu Koinu) - Exploding Puppy
Type: Attack
Range: Short
Chakra Cost: 10
Damge Points: 20
Description: The user makes a clone of there dog companion that explodes once the enemy is near,shooting out kunai in all direction.
NOTE: Must have a dog companion or be from the Inuzuka Clan.

(Shikyaku No Jutsu) - 4 Legged Technique
Type:Attack
Range:Short
Chakra Cost:10
Damage Points:N/A
Description: This technique grants animal-like accelerated fighting instinct and reflexes to the user. By enveloping their entire body in chakra and moving on all fours, they can obtain high speed movement and reflexes like that of a wild animal. Taught only to the members of the Inuzuka clan, this technique forms the basis of a Inuzuka clan member's taijutsu fighting style, and will add even more to their feral-like appearances; their canine teeth, their finger and toenails grow to claw-like length, their eyes also become more wild with their pupils becoming slits. When under the effects of this technique, an Inuzuka will display great feats of physical strength, speed, agility and endurance. The form is best suited for using and supporting the ferocious "hit-and-run" tactics that the clan is well known for, leaving the enemy barely any time to launch a counter attack.
Note: Can only be used by a member of the Inuzuka Clan

Red-Robin

Regular
Kin
2,932💸
Kumi
14,033💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
To be honest, not everyone would chase power (Ikr?) so having an option gives context really. Appreciate what your options are and all of that. Though, yes, Hunter Ninja Dogs are the clear winner of the two.

The latter, you can mix and match I believe. I've seen nothing that says otherwise, just the limit on only two custom breeds.

(Bakuretsu Koinu) - Exploding Puppy
Description: The user makes a clone of there dog companion that explodes once the enemy is near,shooting out kunai in all direction.

(Shikyaku No Jutsu) - 4 Legged Technique
Description: This technique grants animal-like accelerated fighting instinct and reflexes to the user. By enveloping their entire body in chakra and moving on all fours, they can obtain high speed movement and reflexes like that of a wild animal. Taught only to the members of the Inuzuka clan, this technique forms the basis of a Inuzuka clan member's taijutsu fighting style, and will add even more to their feral-like appearances; their canine teeth, their finger and toenails grow to claw-like length, their eyes also become more wild with their pupils becoming slits. When under the effects of this technique, an Inuzuka will display great feats of physical strength, speed, agility and endurance. The form is best suited for using and supporting the ferocious "hit-and-run" tactics that the clan is well known for, leaving the enemy barely any time to launch a counter attack.

Wow, not often these days that you see one-liner techniques.. quite impressive in that regard.

Very basic and straight to the point. Given the damage and utility threshold this hardly seems like something that would be used very often, but an option it still is. Though I'm not sure how I'd feel watching my companion be sent in to blow up like that; clone or not..

An interesting technique as a premise, though I'm a little confused as to what exactly it accomplishes on a mechanical basis.. It describes becoming "more to their feral-like appearances" and details what that looks like, appearance-wise, such as moving on all fours to increase speed but doesn't grant any information that pertains to how much speed is gained numerically, or that it is in this form that an Inuzuka will display "great feats of physical strength" and that it is "the basis of a Inuzuka clan member's taijutsu fighting stlye" but yet has no indication of there being any damage values in either boosts or otherwise. It is categorized as an attack-type technique, yet has no damage points. I suppose this is purely aesthetic, unless I am missing something?

Sinthorus

Elite
Kin
3,644💸
Kumi
23,771💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Wow, not often these days that you see one-liner techniques.. quite impressive in that regard.

Very basic and straight to the point. Given the damage and utility threshold this hardly seems like something that would be used very often, but an option it still is. Though I'm not sure how I'd feel watching my companion be sent in to blow up like that; clone or not..

An interesting technique as a premise, though I'm a little confused as to what exactly it accomplishes on a mechanical basis.. It describes becoming "more to their feral-like appearances" and details what that looks like, appearance-wise, such as moving on all fours to increase speed but doesn't grant any information that pertains to how much speed is gained numerically, or that it is in this form that an Inuzuka will display "great feats of physical strength" and that it is "the basis of a Inuzuka clan member's taijutsu fighting stlye" but yet has no indication of there being any damage values in either boosts or otherwise. It is categorized as an attack-type technique, yet has no damage points. I suppose this is purely aesthetic, unless I am missing something?
I'm in a bit of shock that you just said an exploding puppy wouldn't be useful... shame on you.

As for the second technique, I'll give you a reference point to start:

You are missing nothing. If a jutsu does not mention a modifier or increase to any stat, it's literally just "fluff". When it says "great speed", that means absolutely nothing in the scheme of calculating your speed. A pointless tech if you ask me.

(Juujin Bunshin) - Beast Human Clone
Type: Supplementary
Damage Points: N/A
Description: A modified version/mix of the Transformation Technique and clone technique, which is unique to the Inuzuka clan, allows a canine-user to transform their animal companion into a perfect copy of themselves. When combined with the Four Legs Technique, the user and the animal become virtually impossible to tell apart, since both act equally animalistic. Like any transformation, the technique can be broken by identifying and attacking the animal, thus dispelling the transformation. (lasts for 3 turns).
NOTE:Must have a dog companion and be of the Inuzuka Clan.

(Dainamikku Maakingu) - Dynamic Marking
Range: Short-Mid
Chakra Cost: N/A
Description: This technique involves a Ninken urinating on a target, marking it with a strong odour that allows both them and their Inuzuka Partner to easily track it by scent. This is a prerequisite for using the Fang Wolf Fang, as the speed of the technique makes it impossible for the user to track targets by sight while using it. The urine can also be useful for temporarily blinding the target if it hits their eyes.
Note: Must be a member of the Inukuka Clan to use.

Red-Robin

Regular
Kin
2,932💸
Kumi
14,033💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I'm in a bit of shock that you just said an exploding puppy wouldn't be useful... shame on you.

As for the second technique, I'll give you a reference point to start:

You are missing nothing. If a jutsu does not mention a modifier or increase to any stat, it's literally just "fluff". When it says "great speed", that means absolutely nothing in the scheme of calculating your speed. A pointless tech if you ask me.

(Juujin Bunshin) - Beast Human Clone
Description: A modified version/mix of the Transformation Technique and clone technique, which is unique to the Inuzuka clan, allows a canine-user to transform their animal companion into a perfect copy of themselves. When combined with the Four Legs Technique, the user and the animal become virtually impossible to tell apart, since both act equally animalistic. Like any transformation, the technique can be broken by identifying and attacking the animal, thus dispelling the transformation. (lasts for 3 turns).

(Dainamikku Maakingu) - Dynamic Marking
Description: This technique involves a Ninken urinating on a target, marking it with a strong odour that allows both them and their Inuzuka Partner to easily track it by scent. This is a prerequisite for using the Fang Wolf Fang, as the speed of the technique makes it impossible for the user to track targets by sight while using it. The urine can also be useful for temporarily blinding the target if it hits their eyes.

Rather generic technique that was featured in the show rather well. While this would potentially serve as an effective means of deception or to confuse the opponent as to who is who between the pair, in truth this seems entirely obsolete in the state of the current RP given that nearly everyone has some means or another to verify on their own who the real one would be. It's about as effective as a shadow clone in that regard, but in general even less so since it doesn't allow for the Ninken to use anything the user can use outside of Ninken techniques. So it's practically fluff in my opinion.

.. We both know what this is meant for, so if it's all the same, I would like to abstain from going into too much depth here. No questions.

Sinthorus

Elite
Kin
3,644💸
Kumi
23,771💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Rather generic technique that was featured in the show rather well. While this would potentially serve as an effective means of deception or to confuse the opponent as to who is who between the pair, in truth this seems entirely obsolete in the state of the current RP given that nearly everyone has some means or another to verify on their own who the real one would be. It's about as effective as a shadow clone in that regard, but in general even less so since it doesn't allow for the Ninken to use anything the user can use outside of Ninken techniques. So it's practically fluff in my opinion.

.. We both know what this is meant for, so if it's all the same, I would like to abstain from going into too much depth here. No questions.
Dynamically mark alllll your enemies!!!

Up next:

(Gatenga) - Double Sawing Fang
Type: Offensive
Chakra cost: 15
Damage points: 30
Description: The user and their ninken partner roll at a ferocious speed in a buzz-saw like shape, and deliver many powerful beast-like attacks when contact is made with the target.
Note: Must be a member of the Inuzuka Clan

(Gatsūga) - Fang Over Fang
Damage Points: 30
Description: The user and their ninken partner spin at a ferocious speed and deliver many powerful beast-like attacks when contact is made with the target. The force of this attack is strong enough to drill through stone. This attack can be done alone.
Note: Must be a member of the Inuzuka Clan