Six Paths

Legendary
Kin
121💸
Kumi
4,249💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

If you were to write a story with me in the lead role, it would certainly be... a tragedy.

You must be registered for see images

Name: Kaneki Ken| 金木 研
Nickname: Sasaki Haise| 佐々木 琲世
Clan: Claymore | No.2 One-Eyed King
Blood Type: AB
Birthday: December 20th

As a child, Kaneki had all the same features he has now as an adult with black hair. As a normal academy student, Kaneki was a scrawny young man with little to no athletic background who preferred to read books. In his free time, he wore casual clothes. At work, he wore the standard Anteiku waiter uniform, consisting of black trousers and a grey waistcoat over a white dress shirt and a brown necktie. His ghoul mask resembles a leather gimp mask with an eye patch. It bears a lipless mouth that shows large, gnashing teeth, much like restrained asylum monster. The bolts sticking out of his neck and the fact that he is an artificial ghoul remind a Frankenstein theme.

After being tortured by Yamori, his appearance changed drastically. His hair became completely white, and his nails were blackened. He began to favor monochrome clothing, and wore a form-fitting black bodysuit with cutouts when going into battle. In the years since adopting the identity of Haise Sasaki, his hair began to develop black streaks growing out from the crown. He wore the standard business attire of a formal ninja, favoring black dress shirts and pinstripe pants with a knee-length white trench coat. After the events of the battles, his hair slowly began to revert back to its original color with almost no white remaining. After the fateful understanding, his appearance has changed drastically again. His hair has completely reverted to its original black color, and he has begun to wear a pair of round eyeglasses similar to those worn by his mother. He wears a black version of the previous said trench coat, pairing a black dress shirt with black slacks and a long, black trench coat. In contrast, he wears a pair of red gloves that disguise his right hand still suffering battle damage.

Kaneki was a shy and reserved person, with Hide being his only friend. He usually spent most of his time reading books, mostly novels. He is extremely gentle and appears to be optimistic most of the time. Influenced by his mother and a true testament of modesty, he willingly takes blame and punishment from others so that he can be someone who doesn't hurt people, but rather absorb the torment. However, this lack of assertiveness normally gets him taken advantage of. However, beneath his altruistic and gentle nature, is an underlying fear of being alone that was aggravated by his mother's death. He despises the idea of solitude; hence he tries to protect those dear to him so he would not have to face his fear of being alone in the world. Kaneki also has a habit of rubbing his chin whenever he is hiding something. This is perhaps his greatest weakness. Since Kaneki was always trying to protect others, he was essentially trying to protect himself from ever being alone again. This is also why Kaneki seems to reject the notion of "living", because watching others die reminds him of those lonely days without anyone beside him.

● ● ●

After being held captive and undergoing intense torture by the hands of enemies Kaneki’s personality changes drastically. He trashes his previous ideology of ‘being hurt rather than hurting others’, pledging to crush those who dare threaten his place of belonging. He adopts the habit of cracking his fingers from his torturer, Yamori. In his subconscious, Kaneki eats ‘Rize’, the image of his ghoul self. This displays that he now accepts the ‘ghoul’ within him. Instead of being influenced by it, he appears to have become the one to surpass it. Kaneki becomes ruthless and brutal in order to protect his friends, yet he manages to maintain complete composure. He no longer fears his ghoul side and becomes more violent during battles; such as when he began feeding on his enemies in order to strengthen himself, and mercilessly broke 103 of Ayato's bones. By embracing his ghoul nature wholeheartedly, Kaneki gave up on being ‘human’.

Kaneki is still capable of showing his gentle nature in front of people he cares about, but can instantly turn merciless against his enemies. He yearns for strength and power, therefore becoming more arrogant. His new creed that as ‘the strong’ he has the right to ‘devour the weak’ was originally an ideology held by those those threatened him before. Banjou assumes that Kaneki developed some form of mental instability during his torture in the 11th ward, and that this would gradually wear him down.

The Sasarious

While living under his new identity as Haise Sasaki, he is a self-contained and good-natured individual. He is loyal, devoted, and possesses a good work ethic. Haise is very cooperative, as he prefers working in a group rather than working alone. He also shows mercy, as he believes that an shinobi should not annihilate enemies unnecessarily. Haise enjoys reading books in his free time and has a habit of using puns, shown by his conversation with various people. He tends to scratch the back of his head when he is thinking hard or feeling uneasy. He still has his old habit of scratching or rubbing his chin whenever he is hiding something or lying. He shows appropriate respect and great concern for his colleagues, especially his underlings. He complies with orders assigned by his seniors and carries them out without hesitation. However, Haise’s gentle nature often leads his subordinates to constantly disobey him, rendering him ineffective in controlling their actions; he is left to worry about his subordinates' safety.

In contrast to before his memory loss, Haise rejects his ghoul side and seems to be disgusted by it. When analyzed by Arima after his capture, Haise appears to retain his introverted nature and lack of assertiveness as Kaneki, along with his yearning of a motherly figure. However Haise is still prone to losing control as shown in battles, where he started cracking his fingers during the fights, a habit that he had originally developed as Kaneki in the past. After being rescued from akatsuki, Haise’s perspective on his ghoul nature changes. He concludes that the Kaneki of the past must have been a good person because people previously cared for him a lot, even though he does not remember. He eventually accepts this ghoul side in order to protect those dear to him, with the risk of his personality disappearing completely.
He learns a bit about Kaneki who appeared in his subconscious as a mental construct where "Kaneki" admitted that he was also scared and asked Haise to not erase him. During the defense of Ottogakure, Haise recalls a certain memory of his past as Ken Kaneki where it was revealed that he had been physically abused by his mother in the past. The trauma of these beatings resulted in Kaneki repressing his memories, so that he thought of his mother as purely a kind and gentle woman. He also realized that he unconsciously wished to die and had been glad to see Arima. However, that failed, so he believed that burying his past was his salvation, so he chose to forget and live as Haise. Upon realizing this, Haise accepted his past, resolving to stop "dreaming".

After his fight with the Akatsuki, he immediately proceeded to ensure both his position and allegiance to CCG to The Kage by proposing to exterminate the people opposing him by throwing them off the building. His methodical and strategic nature remains intact as well. As Klad was accusing him of not being there when Moxxi needed him most; he lashed out, assuming Klad was about to blame him for his death and turning it on Klad instead as he was the one fighting alongside Moxxi and his own weakness was the reason his comrade's life was ultimately lost. This leaves Klad shocked. He then proceeds to grieve for the death of Moxxi together with Erzo, showing that though his memories had returned, his feelings stayed the same.

● ● ●

Village of Birth: Edo | 渦潮隠れの里

Village of Alliance: N/A | 木ノ葉隠れの里, N/A

Ninja Rank: S-Class
Specialty: Wind Release, Fire Release, Taijutsu

Elements:
(風遁) Wind Release (Fūton)- Completed
(水遁) Water Release (Suiton)- Completed
(土遁) Earth Release (Doton)- Completed
(火遁) Fire Release (Katon)- Completed
(雷遁) Lightning Release (Raiton)- Completed
(エントロピ) Entropy (Entropoton)- Creator

Ninjutsu:
(幻術) Genjutsu (Illusionary Techniques)- Completed
(体術) Taijutsu (Body Techniques)- Completed
(忍術) Ninjutsu (Ninja Techniques)- Completed
(剣術) Kenjutsu (Sword Techniques) - Completed
(蝦蟇) Summoning (Toads/Centipedes) - Completed
(悪魔) Kenmashajin - Completed
(改戦) Renewal Taekwondo - Creator
(鎰改) Leg Weights - Needs Training

● ● ●

I don't recall a lot from my own life, I truly do not. I remember being alone...a coffin, and a lot of lies, lies I believed to have been told to me, simply to keep me sane, under control and called a human. Humans...they would never know what the true meaning of this word is, or how lucky they are for being called such. I remember my mother, someone sweet, hardworking and kind. I had lost my father long ago, I truly do not recall his face. My mother, she was kind, she always was helping the others, helping my aunt. She used to be bad off, I believed back then, and that she needed help, so...my mother worked, day and night, she simply came back to take off again, sometimes not even me noticing her. I locked myself in my father’s room, simply standing there, and gazing into the books left to me by him. It was the only true way me and him were able to have contact, it was like me making a conversation with him. Mother used to be kind, but...seems like the love she has had for me, was not enough to keep her. She overworked herself, I recall it, I truly do. A white sheet...covering her face as a foolish young one was crying over her. She...she had left me alone. Was I not enough? I wouldn't want to complain because of that fact though. I after all had Hide...The only one to truly stand there by me, beside me and asking and caring, he truly gave a smile to me, cared about me...looked after me. If it wasn't for him I wouldn't know how I would have lived my life from that point on.

(Kaneki... is a liar. His father died in a very young age, he did not know him. I knew him from way back, always smiling---a fake smile, followed by him touching his chin, telling me he was alright. I was his friend---it is weird, weird how he never found it important to tell me the truth. It was about then, when things would slowly start changing. I had realized, he...he truly was lonely, after his mother died as well. His mother seemed kind---while...I wouldn't know what the truth was. He seemed to think highly of her, while with each passing day he would return, he would return with bruises, bandaged parts of his body, still smiling. I couldn't stand that sight, for hells sake..I couldn't understand---why was he not being honest with me. Wait no, f*** me as well there, why wasn't he being honest with himself? It was then when though, his mother passed as well. it was from that day forth, when he truly went through a change. He seemed lonelier, all the time, he would not bother about things around him, he simply seemed lost, as if he was alone in this world.)

I went on living with my aunt from that point. The one my mother was taking care of for this long. At first, I felt as if I could truly become a part of it. I studied, I studied truly hard as I wanted to be part of it. My aunts son, he never was truly smart, while he came to the academy with me, he hasn't shown any particular talent---he was not trying hard. I believed different though, it seems like me coming home with

[TD="width: 223"]each passing day, with grades higher---my aunt was looking, as she to herself said---words burned to me, for who knows what reason. "You are just like her, how come...how come, you are just like my sister!" it was from that point which I had realized that I was slowly losing myself. It was visible, my part in this family, it became from a warm plate, to money placed on the desk, to go and help myself, the bare minimum. I didn't care though, I had Hide, I was going to become a shinobi and make a living myself. I would be able to meet someone finally, I had given a gaze to.

(Things appeared to have changed slightly, but not for the better for this sad little child.)

His mother followed her husband back to meet the reaper, while they left their child alone. it seemed as if he was lost, and you could clearly see, as in the days inside the academy, he had...changed. Why had he changed? It appeared as with each passing day he looked sadder, with each passing day he seemed to need me more, he simply played it off with him having time to hang out, as he always understood his studied first, what a genius he was...all for nothing. His smile, him rubbing his chin, why were you continuously doing that Kaneki? Why did you never find it important to tell me what you had gone through? Did you truly believe I would not understand? Or worse...that I would not care? I in a sense want to scream at him, but no, I shall keep this smile on going, until I can see his reply.)

Days have gone by, I graduated from the academy, and I had seen someone, more like run into someone in the street. Truly, she appeared to be different, with a warm smile, and with a similar thing as me, clenched in her hand and pressed against her chest while she walked. A book, from one of my favorite authors. Takatsuki was a master after all. In those pieces of work, it was the darker stories which always interested me more after all. So, I as usual, told Hide about it... and he simply replied in that goofy manner. I remember as we were together, to believe we would never meet as we did previously ever again. It was at the day when we both were assigned in the same squad---when the snake showed her split tongue, attempting to murder me, simply and quietly. Intention? None I believe...but the blood red eyes seemed to differ quite a lot. I had to...after all get rid of her first, I could not accept that fact. Though, it did not come without blood. I was wounded, forced to have her body to save my life... what an ironic story in the end. I-it is cold, it was cold, it was by then when tragedy struck and day after day, things seemed to look darker, with the distance ever so growing, I was beginning to see, truth.

(He vanished, where is he? Why does he not reply to me? I do not believe...that it has all been enough, I remember talking about this matter to Touka, but she reassured, gave hope to me in a meaning or another.
[/TD]
[TD]I truly want to believe he is safe, that he is well of, I truly want to believe that, but, why would he vanish? Did he have to vanish? Was I not important enough to know?)

I have been walking, continuously, as I believed to be alone. I know, I was followed... the information I held seemed to be precious to people. Was it this blood inside me? I believe it to be a sort of story connected to just that. The fault was residing and moving through my veins, so...I desired to know, I wanted to know. It probably was the wrong choice, for in the ruins of my wasteland, I had seen the true meaning and understanding of hell.

The black robes with the red cloud, they held more than they gave. The red clouds, it is about all I can imagine, along with...screams. My toes, where did they go? And...healed again, once again cut, and healed again...It was continuous to this point. My nails, crack...I heard the fingers cracking...993 I continuously replied. 986, 979, 972...I was counting down, 1000-7 is what? what? Whaaaat?!

(He is gone, not here anymore)

I reminded myself, as I looked into the cold reflection of the river, my hair had bleached, it was white, as it shined in the moon. The people, the red clouds, I...killed them, it was that easy, I simply killed them. Being hurt, I remember being hurt, but, who desired that? Mother was not kind, she was not kind, she was not kind. She was weak, my mother was weak, strong people don't allow this to happen to them, who is strong? I ****ing am, I am strong! Along the journey, I had grown hungry, hungry...of human flesh.

(He is...dead)

Under a new identity, dreams tormented me. I was being called a ghoul, all around, I had the name of the world and coffe within me, the kanji to say the least. My hair, it was turning dark once again, as the strains began from up. With my memory fueling me right, after torture scenes, me fighting, having my skull cracked, adams apple crushed. During those times, I cared for people in my land, I tried to protect them from the distance. This friend I had, I realized...that devouring him, allowed me to truly let myself know, how important it was to keep them close. Under the name of the black reaper now, I simply gaze at the world, in a cruel light, I truly believe this to be a sick and twisted system, one which...I shall see what I could do, as my red gloves, and iris, gaze upon the depths of purgatory, for a new change. After all...in this hell, I am the black reaper.

(I...am dead. I always wanted to die, but, in style.)
[/TD]

(風遁) Wind Release

Being his primary choice of element, and after being taught by Shinta and then Akasha, he gained a good usage of the wind element as it became his primary choice. Being able to perform each jutsu with one handseal was not primary important to him, unlike the true feeling of the wind element was. Just like the wind, you need to be calm and collected, and when needed tough, it was a good symbol and pretty much infinite uses.

(火遁) Fire Release

His secondary choice of elements, being taught in this art from Negative Knight, and then by Ushiro of Amegakure, he was able to gain a good understanding, of this element. Being able to perform this element with faster handseals was just a little of his understandings of this element. It was the fire which was burning in his well which he considered a specialty.

(体術) Taijutsu Techniques

Being trained under the guidance of Detective L, Kaneki gained a full understanding of Taijutsu. He understood the determination which comes with being physically tough, and how it can measure true power of someone. Fighting someone fist to fist, would allow both fighters to learn one another better than in any other form. Along with that, he specializes, in a very rare and unique way of combat, which is Renewal Taekwondo, which made Kaneki respect footwork and the usage of feet in battling even more.

WSE Tools & Artifacts: None

Wins: N/A Losses: N/A

Updating . Added CE and rank.
Credits to the owners of the several pictures edited.
Overall design and code by . Do not rip!!!
Written by Six Pāths

Last edited:

Kai NB

Legendary
Kin
640💸
Kumi
6,987💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
We have new specialty rules and ranks

Everything's fine, just change S-Class to Jounin and take a look at the specialties if you want to change anything. Taijutsu now has a bunch of options for it