Kin
3,461💸
Kumi
1,914💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Yes. Please stop pointing that out z.z

So to be honest I don’t know the strengths and weaknesses, can’t find the thread. I just wanted it because I like the style. I’m sure it is strong to water. You’ll have to tell me those strengths and weaknesses.

Properties are that it is solid, always solid. However shown in the anime, it is more “malleable” than something like earth. It can twist, turn, curve and be commanded in a more versatile way. The main reason I wanted to use this ability is for the usage of making and utilizing trees both offensive and defensively. It’s also shown that a wood style user can mold their limbs into wood as well and make blunt objects, speaks, hammers, etc. But I’m here for the environment. The trees.

Ańbu Juniør

Legendary
Kin
6,839💸
Kumi
26,730💴
Trait Points
28⚔️
Wood is weak to lightning which will cut through it, and certain bugs from the ambulance clan. It's neutral to Fire. It's strong to bijuu chakra, earth, and water. Wood can infiltrate and break Earth apart while on the other hand, it's highly resistant to Water. It has also been seen to actually have chakra suppressing abilities against Bijuu and raw Bijuu Chakra techniques like the Menacing Ball or even the chakra shrouds used by Bijuu.

The specific property I was looking for is the element's ability to suppress bijuu chakra, but you are right about the flexibility of the element.

We'll be starting with the C rank techniques. Explain how they work, and then give advantages and disadvantages of the techniques if you can find any. You can also opt to describe how you'd use the technique in a given situation instead of telling me the advantages and disadvantages.

(Mokuton: Sanoru Moku Tate) - Wood release: Threefolds Wood Shield
Type: Supplementary/Defensive
Range: Short
Chakra: 15
Damage: N/A
Description: The user forms a shield of wood, which consists of three round parts out of his hand. The shield is very durable and can be removed and reconditioned any time the user wants to.

(Mokuton: Mokujin soujutsu) - Wood Style: Wooden Men Manipulation
Type: Supplementary
Range: Short-Mid
Description: The user creates a Wooden Men (similar to the (Mokuton: Mokujin) - Wood Style: Wooden Man technique) that mimics his opponents moves. While it can be created from existing wood, earth or water, its major ability is that if used with Wood Men Coffin it can drain way Chakra from the enemy.

(Mokuton: Shichuuka no Jutsu) - Wood Release: Four-Pillar House Technique
Description: After doing the Snake → Rat → Ox → Ram → Snake hand seals and focusing chakra into the ground, the user creates a wooden home that can serve as a place to stay or as a defense.

• Angry
Reactions: The_Empire

Troi

Legendary
Kin
3,461💸
Kumi
1,914💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Oh wow, yeah. I knew that. That's the biggest part of Wood Release. Slipped my mind somehow.

Thanks for the strength and weaknesses, because I had an idea but really didn't know for sure so you saved me from looking like an idiot and getting some of those wrong. Good clarification.

1: Actually useful, given wood's properties that you had stated. I like this technique because it requires no seals so it is good for defense, activating without the need to waste time. You can alter this shield as you see fit. It can also retract at the user's will. So I see this as a beneficial jutsu to protect yourself from quick or sneaky attacks. However, not big attacks considering it is only C rank and given the description of its size, "three round parts", I would say it isn't useful to block larger scale techniques. Neat little jutsu I think. Can come in handy in a quicker situation.

2: So basically a wood clone that is able to drain chakra when used in conjunction with another wood technique. However the description is extremely lacking. Is this sustained? Does it have to touch the opponent to drain their chakra? Said it could be created from earth, water and wood. How does that work? So they can form from any of these sources?

3: Basic. Do a few seals and you create yourself a small shelter. Or house. Not really viable in my opinion as there are larger and quicker techniques that this one that can help you be more defensive but good for RP purposes or if you don't want to expend more chakra.

Ańbu Juniør

Legendary
Kin
6,839💸
Kumi
26,730💴
Trait Points
28⚔️
You're welcome. That is what I'm here for. As for your Wooden Men Manipulation question, I have absolutely no idea how you can make wooden men from water, but it's in the description so you can do it that way. the best explanation I can think about is that since wood is created from a combination of water and earth, then you channel more earth chakra into the water to produce wood? So yes the wooden men can be created form any source listed in the description.

Also, I was fighting sleep earlier and started with the C rank techs instead of D ranked ones, so let's backtrack a bit by going through the D ranks first.

(Mokuton: Moku no Goku Rendan) - Wood Release: Wood Pole Combo
Type: Offensive
Chakra: 10
Damage: 20
Description: The user creates a thin pole of wood from either the ground or himself. The pole itself can be used as a hand to hand weapon to strike opponents or as a support tool.

(Mokuton: Moku Hasshi no Jutsu) - Wood Release: Wood Projectiles Technique
Range: Short-Long
Description: Focusing chakra into his hands or the ground, the user will make 3 to 4 small (kunai sized) projectiles of wood and propel them against the enemy.

(Mokuton: Mokujin) - Wood Style: Wooden Man
Damage: N/A (+5 for any hits landed by the dummy)
Description: The user creates a training wooden dummy to help him train or to fight against an opponent.

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: The_Empire and Troi

Troi

Legendary
Kin
3,461💸
Kumi
1,914💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Lmao same. Was fighting sleep. No biggie. On a phone at the moment though so I hope my replies are adequate.

1: Just your standard wood release technique. As all the elements have their respective generic technique.

2: Ranged wood tech. Weak but gives you long range projectiles non-free form with the same strengths and weaknesses as wood. So better than the average metal tools.

3. I’m going to pretend like this doesn’t exist.

Ańbu Juniør

Legendary
Kin
6,839💸
Kumi
26,730💴
Trait Points
28⚔️
As D rank techniques they're pretty simple, but at least try to explain how they work >.>

Here are the last set of D rank techniques.

(Mokuton: Moku Henge) - Wood Style: Wood Transformation
Chakra: 10 (-5 per turn to keep active)
Description: By focusing chakra and performing the Bird → Dog → Snake hand seals, the user makes wood pillars sprout from the ground and cover his whole body, while using chakra to cover it with precision to produce the desired effect. By covering the wood with his chakra the user is able to transform it into another shape or form with increased detail, by using his wood chakra. This is used to create an effect similar to the transformation technique but to a higher degree of detail and realism.

(Mokuton No Jutsu) - Wood Style Technique
Type: Supplementary/Offensive/Defensive
Description: Creates small wood pillars or trees to trap, fight, or defenf with. These can be created from the users own body or from the ground.

(Mokuton: Mokuchū Noboru) - Wood Release: Wood Pillar Climb
Damage: 30
Description: The user manipulates their wood natured chakra to create a pillar of wood rise up beneath the opponent lifting them into the air.

(Mokuton: Mokuchū Sora Kikku) - Wood Release: Wood Sky Kick
Description: The user will attack the opponent multiple times with several punches and kicks before turning their left arm into wood that extends out into a small pillar and pointing towards the ground and then lifting them towards the opponent where they finish them with a kick to the chin lifting them into the air.

• Angry

Troi

Legendary
Kin
3,461💸
Kumi
1,914💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
1: Don’t understand it due to the words. So you summon wood pillars from the ground. Does it cover your body in terms or just creating shelter or does it literally cover your body as in on your skin like armor? However I understand the part where it says it can manipulated precisely so it’s form can alter on your demand, which leads me to believe it’s more of a shelter than an actual armor on your body.

2: Simple. Another generic wood style jutsu. You create wooden pillars or trees where you focus your chakra or summon wood or trees from your person.

3. Another simple technique. Focus your chakra into the ground and a wood pillar forms from under the opponent, knocking/lifting them into the air.

4. Didn’t understand this at first but now I get it. Basically you do a small taijutsu combo, then you use your left arm to basically release a wooden pole to vault you towards the opponent and kick them under the chin and upwards.

Ańbu Juniør

Legendary
Kin
6,839💸
Kumi
26,730💴
Trait Points
28⚔️
1. The wooden pillars are summoned from the ground to cover the entire body. The unique part about this jutsu is that instead of just being wooden pillars, you can transform it with pinpoint precision to form another shape as it covers your body. For example, as the wood pillars encase you, you can have it form something like a Gundam or medieval suit of armor. Basically, you transform the wood into whatever you want and it encases you. Naturally, you cant use this D rank tech to create a giant earth golem sized Gundam or armor. Think more small scale.

4. Yep. That's exactly how it works.

Back to the C ranked techniques.

(Mokuton: Shichūrō no Jutsu) - Wood Style: Four Pillars Prison
Description: The user after performing the required hand seals Ram → Ox → Boar → Snakeconverts chakra into timber under the ground and makes it grow rapidly, while forming it into a wooden prison. The size of the prison is based on the user's imagination. From an insect cage to a great prison, one can make it into whatever they want by regulating the amount of chakra used. The timber itself is treated with a chakra coating, making its destruction extremely difficult. During war, it has the great ability to detain prisoners, but it can also be used as a disciplinary measure for quarrelling subordinates.

(Mokuton: Moku Hinoki) - Wood Style: Wood of the Japanese Cypress
Description: User creates a wooden pillar that surges at the enemy from below, sending the opponent into the air. As the opponent is airborne, the user creates a second pillar from his arm and slams the enemy from above with it, sending him crushing into the ground pillar.

(Mokuton: Moku no Sutokuu Jutsu) - Wood Release: Wood Stocks Technique
Description: The user will create a set of wooden stocks that will then entrap the target binding their movement.

• Angry

Troi

Legendary
Kin
3,461💸
Kumi
1,914💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
1. Okay so this one is pretty neat. Like a regular prison cell but made out of wood. This is particularly cool because not only do you get to choose the size but it is also chakra coated, raw chakra being harder to simply maneuver out of so I am guessing it doubles both the wood S/Ws and the pure chakra coating mechanics. I would probably only use this technique in unison with another because it seems to be setup as such.

2. Dual technique, also kind of useless. You channel your mokuton chakra into the ground and it rallies to the opponent, sprouting a tree to send them airborne. After this, you use an arm of yours to send above the opponent and smash them directly down upon the first part of the technique. I would only use this with an omni-directional attack.

3. I don't know what stocks are but I assume that is another term for roots so I mean, pretty self explanatory. I am guessing the roots bind their feet so that they cannot move. If this is the case, I actually like it. Quick, no handseals. Straightforward trap.

Ańbu Juniør

Legendary
Kin
6,839💸
Kumi
26,730💴
Trait Points
28⚔️
Wooden stocks are these old torture devices the restrict movement. It would rise up from the ground to entrap them. Google wooden stocks for an image. As we're only in the C-Rank techniques they're pretty simple, but they're versatile at least.

(Mokuton: Moku Ibara Ringu no Jutsu) - Wood Release: Wood Spike Ring Technique
Description: The user creates a semi-circle of wood around a captured target, and then form spikes within the ring, pointing at the said target, preventing them from making any sudden movements.

(Mokuton: Yarijurin no Jutsu) - Wood Release: Spear Forest Technique
Description: The user will create two tendrils of wood release from their arms in a pushing motion that spins around each other into the target

(Mokuton: Narande jurin no jutsu) - Wood Release: Lined Forest Technique
Description: The user punches up into the air infront of them to cause two intertwining tendrils to errupt from the ground smashing the target sending them flying a few feet.

• Angry

Troi

Legendary
Kin
3,461💸
Kumi
1,914💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Ah, okay. I get it now. Thank you.

1: Basically a preventive technique. Much like my water king tech but around the opponent and made from wood instead of water. Question: Does this would sprout from the ground or is it sustained as a ring floating around the opponent around, let's say, their mid area of their body?

2: Just a basic blunt force technique in which you create large, overlapping wooden tendrils from your arms to push the opponent backwards from you. We have seen this from Yamato but with one arm. Same with this but using both arms to give it more "umph".

3: Basically you focus your chakra under the opponent and thrust upwards, commanding the wood to come up under the opponent. Yet another technique that sends the opponent airborne while applying brute force.

Ańbu Juniør

Legendary
Kin
6,839💸
Kumi
26,730💴
Trait Points
28⚔️
Like I mentioned before, you'll find that a lot of the low-ranking wood techs are pretty basic and straightforward.

As for your question, it would be created from the ground. Think of the anti-cavalry spikes but in a semi-circle.

(Mokuton: San Kyojin Hashira no Jutsu) - Wood Release: Three Giant Pillars Technique
Description: The user creates three large pillars errupt from the ground beneath the target and lifting them into the air.

(Mokuton: Keimusho no Jutsu) - Wood Release: Prison Technique
Description: The user creates a spiraling pillar of wood rise up from the ground and surround the opponent restraining them in place.

(Mokuton: Sashiki no Jutsu) - Wood Release: Cutting Technique
Type: Supplementary/Offensive
Chakra: 20
Damage: 40
Description: A highly versatile techniques whereby the user converts part of their body to wooden branches. These branches can then be used offensively by multiplying and extending them, then piercing opponents with them. It can also be used to create short-range weapons like makeshift "swords", or else vaulted at opponents as a long-range projectile which can then be remotely manipulated to grow even more.

• Angry

Troi

Legendary
Kin
3,461💸
Kumi
1,914💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
1: Easily explainable. Focus your Mokuton chakra beneath your opponent and three large pillars will erupt from the ground and snare them.

2: A wood prison that erupts from the ground and imprisons your target.

3: A pretty versatile technique, the user will make multiple sharp stakes of wood come from their arm to pierce and cut the opponent or literally send a projectile that can have more pieces and branches stem from it, making it somewhat like a sticky bomb, in a sense. Throw it and when it hits and while it’s flying, extends into several other pieces which is cool. This technique was actually used in one of the Storm games. I believe it was Obito’s tilt.

Last edited:

Ańbu Juniør

Legendary
Kin
6,839💸
Kumi
26,730💴
Trait Points
28⚔️
Three Giant Pillars Technique doesn't snare them but lifts them into the air. THat's the only thing to point out, so let us move on.

(Moku Bunshin no Jutsu) – Wood Clone Technique
Description: The user creates clones of themselves made of wood that then sprout out of their body or are created from any nearby source of Wood, Earth or Water. These clones, however, are quite special as they maintain a mental connection to the user, communicating back to him even from long distances. An advanced use of this technique is to transform the clones into seeds that, once implanted or swallowed allow the user to track an enemy (that has it implanted or ingested it) by pinpointing his position through the same mental connection. Versatile, these clones can use Wood techniques as well as Earth and Water techniques up to S-Rank. This technique, when created by Uchiha Madara, creates clones with EMS/Rinnegan and capable of using the EMS/Rinnegan techniques like Madara himself.
Note: Follows the Clone battle rule usage restrictions

(Mokuton: Mokujōheki) Wood Release: Wood Locking Wall
Type: Supplementary/Defensive
Description: The user does the Rat → Dog → Tiger while focusing chakra into the ground. This technique uses chakra to activate the roots in the ground and, using the user of the technique as a reference point, makes wooden pillars appear from left and right. The wooden pillars join together in a dome-shape with the user at the centre. Usable mainly for defensive purposes, this technique can act as a trap if the enemy is near.

(Mokuton: Daijurin no Jutsu) Wood Release: Great Forest Technique
Type: Offensive/Defensive
Description: By focusing wood chakra into one of his limbs and performing 4 hand seals (Tiger → Horse → Tiger → Snake), the user is able to sprout and extend a massive brute mass of wooden spikes and pillars. These spikes can be used to both attack the user by impaling him through the sheer speed with which they grow and extend or to defense from incoming attacks by spreading a bit wider and forming a barrier between the user and the attack. A more advanced use for this technique is to utilize it to capture the enemy and imprison him in the mayhem of spikes and pillars. The user can detach himself from the pillars at any time, while stopping it in the process.

• Angry

Troi

Legendary
Kin
3,461💸
Kumi
1,914💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Ah, I knew that. Snare was definitely the wrong word but understood.

1: A very strong version of a clone technique but with wood that follow the same rules as clones. They can communicate with the user, can use S rank wood, earth or water techniques, and can either be summon from existing wood or come from the user’s own body. Strong as ****.

2: Developing wall of wood meant to protect the user but can double up as a trap if an enemy is close enough.

3: Basically a giant onslaught of wooden pillars and spikes. That would essentially create a small forest, hence the name. This rapid growth would stop as I wish it or when the part attached to me is broken off by whatever means, namely myself.

Ańbu Juniør

Legendary
Kin
6,839💸
Kumi
26,730💴
Trait Points
28⚔️
Also don't forget about the seed allowing you to track folks who ingest or are implanted with them.

(Mokuton: Ketatamashii Rūtsu) - Wood Release: Impaling Roots
Description: The user grows four roots from the ground and attacks the opponent, restricting him, impaling him, etc.

(Mokuton: Hashira Hasai no Jutsu) - Wood Release: Pillar Crush Technique
Description: After the user traps the opponent within the Wood Release: Four Pillars Prison Technique they will then turn an existing clone into a giant pillar that then crashes into the opponent within the Four Pillar Prison.

(Mokuton: Jukai Heki) – Wood Release: Dense Woodland Wall
Type: Defensive
Description: The user performs the Bird → Hare → Serpent hand seals and then by touching the floor the user will creates an immense wall of wood branches that will grow at high speed, interlacing to create a defensive barrier.

• Angry

Troi

Legendary
Kin
3,461💸
Kumi
1,914💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Indeed. The reason I didn’t mention it is because that seems hard to a achieve and most likely wouldn’t happen in a fight buuuuuut, maybe? Idk lol People seem too wise to have that happen to them nowadays. Ha.

1: Another simple technique where you focus your Mokuton chakra into the ground and summon roots to impale and attack your target.

2: A combination technique in which after you use said technique as phase one, you use a clone to turn into a bigger pillar to crush your entrapped enemy. Good way to dispel a clone while trying to farm a little damage from it.

3: At the cost of handseals, you’ll create a gigantic wooden barrier of branches that interlock with each other.

Ańbu Juniør

Legendary
Kin
6,839💸
Kumi
26,730💴
Trait Points
28⚔️
Well if you need a way to keep track of allies it can be used. Or sneak it onto somebody with a combo of that and chakraless-taijutsu. Anyway, Moving on~~~

(Mokuton: Yanagi) - Wood Style: Wood Willow
Description: User focuses his chakra and creates a huge willow tree that will sprout from the ground and attack multiple enemies with its branches.

(Mokuton: Mokujin Hitsugi) - Wood Style: Wooden Men Coffin
Description: Creates a wooden House made form Mokujins. Best used with Wooden Men Manipulation to drain the opponent of there chakra while they fight your wooden dummies.

(Mokuton: Jubaku Eisou) Wood Release: Tree Bind Flourishing Burial
Description: The user does the Snake → Rat → Dragon → Dog → Tiger hand seals and focuses his chakra in the ground beneath the opponent. A large mayhem of branches and vines sprouts and grows, interlacing around the opponent until it forms a tree around him, restraining him completely while leaving only his head visible. With a simple push of chakra, the user can make the tree compress around the opponent completely crushing him.

• Angry