Who had it worse when trying to invade konoha?

Retsu

Elite
Kin
52💸
Kumi
30💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Out of Pein and Obito? I was having a debate with another member and now I want to know what others think. imho in terms of difficulty it was pein. Obito was able to use his knowledge to sneak around the village undetected and was able to forcibly remove the fox from kushina before Minato even knew what was going on, and he had the advantage of Kamui basically making him invincible. No one could counter the jutsu except Minato and even then were it not for his lack of knowledge Obito may have actually came out victorious, or at least kept the fight going longer.

Pein on the other hand just began an all out frontal assault and waged war with konoha by himself. instead of sneaking in he used the animal path to wreak havoc masking the movements of the other paths as they searched for Nardo. Pein had to deal with SM naruto, kakashi, and the 6 tails all by himself, he even fought all of Naruto's summons including the two great sage toads. He didn't have the advantage of kamui and had to use brute force with everything, even more amazing was the fact that he apparently did all this in a weakened state since konan remarked the outer path was taking a longer time than usual reviving the other fallen paths.

So basically what I want to know is who faced konoha with the higher difficulty and what makes you choose your answer.

Gatsuuga

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Nagato used the animal path as a confusion tactic to scatter/ overwhelm Konoha's forces. He had to do this because he knew that the barrier corps would know exactly how many people invaded and in what location.

Obito can just simply kamui in without worrying about the barrier, making it much easier for a sneak attack. So IMO nagato had more difficult issues to deal with.

Retsu

Elite
Kin
52💸
Kumi
30💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Obito had it worse since Hiruzen and minato were there.
How so? Hiruzen could do nothing other than push the fox out with enma, and Obito had kamui and knowledge of the village.

Pein had to actually go up against the fox instead of using it as a summon, Hiruzen was virtually a non factor in that fight.

Retsu

Elite
Kin
52💸
Kumi
30💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
This ^^^^^
how? Hiruzen didn't do anything but wait for Minato, Obito would have wrecked Hiruzen had he fought in place of Minato, seriously Hiruzen literally did nothing in that fight while pein fought almost the entirety of konoha and multiple boss level summons with the 6 tailed Nardo, exactly how in the world did obito have it more difficult than that? were it not for Minato he would have been undefeatable.

Retsu

Elite
Kin
52💸
Kumi
30💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I think it's obito, although both pein and obito were defeated, obito's defeat was easier,
I seriously don't see the logic behind ppl saying obito had it harder, he literally has god mode and had kurama running wild. he did get defeated easier, but that was only because he used no techs except kamui and didn't know Minato could port to a moving target, I honestly think if you were to put pein in his position he'd win, especially with the fact that he doesn't have to put up with the fox.

ppl say Hiruzen made it harder for obito but he did literally nothing in that fight whatsoever, and honestly wtf can hiruzen do to obito if he does use kamui?

Retsu

Elite
Kin
52💸
Kumi
30💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Neither Hiruzen nor Minato can stop ST.

Even if Minato is stronger than Pein, Konoha is still going bye bye.
This guy gets it, shinra tensei and chibaku tensei would have finished off konoha if done in Minato's time, as Tsunade was not there to put everyone in a slug. ppl act like hiruzen made a difference but as far as I can tell this is all Hiruzen did the entire time Minato and obito fought.

You must be registered for see images

It's funny how ppl say Hiruzen makes things harder for obito without even a shred of evidence to back it up.

Thankyou for noticing the obvious.

Flawž

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
How so? Hiruzen could do nothing other than push the fox out with enma, and Obito had kamui and knowledge of the village.

Pein had to actually go up against the fox instead of using it as a summon, Hiruzen was virtually a non factor in that fight.
Hiruzen was a lot stronger back then. Even tho he didn't do much, Thats a bigger threat than anyone who was at the leaf during pain's attack.

The village was more stronger back then compared to when Pain attacked.

Retsu

Elite
Kin
52💸
Kumi
30💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Hiruzen was a lot stronger back then. Even tho he didn't do much, Thats a bigger threat than anyone who was at the leaf during pain's attack.

The village was more stronger back then compared to when Pain attacked.
I disagree, Konoha was on it's knees at the time the fox was summoned and thought obito was so badass, they assumed he was Madara. they had almost no intel on Obito and he took control of the fox in the blink of an eye.

When dealing with pein they had tsunade healing everyone, intel from jiraiya, and everything from Kakashi and the kamui advantage to Sage mode Naruto and nearly every frog summon available. Clearly even if they were stronger at the time, which I seriously doubt, konoha threw way more at pein than they did obito.

CJ Mac

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Short answer: Pain.

Long answer: Obito was out to destroy the village, and therefore did not need to hold anything back. Therefore, even though he faced a potentially more formidable force in Minato and Hiruzen, he could start his attack almost immediately. On the other hand, Pain first infiltrated the village to find Naruto. Therefore, whereas he could have easily destroyed the city without any resistance, he had to first infiltrate the village and conduct interrogation operations on the villagers. Thus, even though his initial opponents were comparatively weaker than two Hokage, since his mission was more complex, he would have a more difficult time conducting that mission.

Reactions: Retsu