Supreme
Kin
4,798💸
Kumi
649💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Long ago People in Naruto lived by working as a fisherman, it before Shinobi world exist. Then people no longer going to the sea for a living as they are focusing on farming. Therefore they left huge excess of fishnet behind. Came one motivated businessman who turned all the fishnet into a stylish fashion worn by all Shinobi.

Sagebee

Supreme
Kin
6,121💸
Kumi
1,800💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Long ago People in Naruto lived by working as a fisherman, it before Shinobi world exist. Then people no longer going to the sea for a living as they are focusing on farming. Therefore they left huge excess of fishnet behind. Came one motivated businessman who turned all the fishnet into a stylish fashion worn by all Shinobi.
This makes alot of sense actually

Floydical

Veteran
Kin
5💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
At the very least, it was traditional.

In practical terms, it could have served a few purposes. Its texture could likely be compared to something along the lines of an Under Armour. If that were true, than perhaps its meant to repel sweat or make a person perform physical feats with more ease. It could also double as a sort of thermal wear, considering the cold climate of the land of Iron.

I don't think it is actual chain mail armor, that would contradict a lot of the accepted logic in the series.

Last edited:

awesomeseimei

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
-250💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I think I remember this making a rattling sound in the anime (I think when Jiraiya showed his scar from when Naruto went Kyuubi mode on him), so most likely it's meant to be chain mail like people above said.