Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Doton, as I understand it, is the manipulation of soil/dirt, mud and stone for combative means. It is the most dense of the natural elements, meaning that most of its offensive attacks rely on its hardness to deal blunt damage. (Exceptions would be mud, which I assume is normally used for asphyxiation.) I'd assume it's most often used for defensive means, for the same reason as its effective for blunt attacks. (Density.)

Whereas other elements rely on their inherent traits for attacks and defenses, earth relies heavily on shape manipulation. (Spikes, etc.)

Users? Erm.. The first that come to mind are: Yamato, Gozu, and... Bishamon. >_>

Last edited:

Demosthenes

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
*I focus my chakra into the ground in front of me, attempting to apply more intensive shape manipulation than with normal techniques in order to cause a small section of the ground to rise in the form of a wall, spanning three feet in length, six feet in height, and six inches in width, curving the wall to cover me in a sort of a half-dome structure.*

Wesobi

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Alright, I actually meant a shield as in a shield you can wear to defend while not blocking your view, but it will do.

Alrighty. My training method is a little different from the other sempais/sensei's trainings methods.

In the PHP tags(in the spoiler) you will find what I need to hear from you. You will do this for every jutsu we learn, unless I say otherwise.

PHP:
(Suiton: Gufuu Suika) - Water Style: Typhoon Water Vortex
Type: Attack/Defence
Range: Short-Mid
Chakra cost: 30
Damage Points: 60
Description:The user will create a ‘Wind Style: Rasengan’ in one hand,
and ‘Water Style: Destruction Torrent’ in the other. By combining them,
he will create a tornado of water that can be used to attack or defend.
This jutsu can also be used to drown out wind and fire combos 
Note: No water source required.

I start by forming chakra in one hand, making it 
swirl in a spherical fashion. I add Wind Manipulation to
it and create a wind styled rasengan.
In my other hand, I create a small torrent of water. I smash
my hands together, and combine the attacks. I shoot out the
combined attack and a big swirling vortex of water appears.

Advantages
- It is a quick counter measure for fire attacks up
- It does not require a water source
-It expands

Disadvantages
-Due to the expansion it can block your sight
-It would not optimally in short range because of the reaction time and the combining of two elements.

(Doton: Shinju Zanshu no Jutsu) - Earth Style: Double Suicide Decapitation Technique
Type: Supplementary
Range: Short
Chakra Cost: 10
Damage Points: N/A
Description: The user, emerging from the ground below the target area, pulls down the opponent so that only their head is above ground. Unable to move, the opponent can easily be decapitated or tortured.

Simply go underground by inserting your chakra in the ground around you. When this is done, go stealthily through the ground and pull down the opponent until he's underground, only leaving his head underground. After that you can do whatever you want with him.

-poof-
A wild Wesobi clone appear!

Demosthenes

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Sorry for the ridiculous wait. x_x
I assume I don't need to copy the technique.

*I focus Doton chakra all around my body, forming into a thin layer on the surface of my skin. I focus on the chakra at my feet, attempting to move it into the earth and cause the earth around it to be displaced, in a similar way to that of water. As I slowly sink into the ground, I focus on each part of my body and the earth around it until my entire body is submerged and the earth that was first displaced is moved back into its original position. I continue to use this method of displacing and replacing earth around my body to travel through the ground until I reach the area below your clone. I quickly raise my hand, displacing the earth around it so that it can emerge from the ground. I quickly grab your clone's leg and focus a thin covering of doton chakra around his body, quickly pulling down and displacing the earth around him until his head is just above the ground. I then cease focusing chakra around your clone and then move myself to the surface behind your clone before ceasing to focus the chakra around my own body.

Advantages:
-It requires no handseals.
-It can be performed rather quickly and can be used in response to direct attacks in order to dodge and counter-attack.

Disadvantages:
-Requires you to go underground, which is among the most dangerous things you can do in the RP.
-Without doujutsu, you'd actually have no idea what would be on the surface when you emerge.

Wesobi

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Sorry for the ridiculous wait. x_x
I assume I don't need to copy the technique.

*I focus Doton chakra all around my body, forming into a thin layer on the surface of my skin. I focus on the chakra at my feet, attempting to move it into the earth and cause the earth around it to be displaced, in a similar way to that of water. As I slowly sink into the ground, I focus on each part of my body and the earth around it until my entire body is submerged and the earth that was first displaced is moved back into its original position. I continue to use this method of displacing and replacing earth around my body to travel through the ground until I reach the area below your clone. I quickly raise my hand, displacing the earth around it so that it can emerge from the ground. I quickly grab your clone's leg and focus a thin covering of doton chakra around his body, quickly pulling down and displacing the earth around him until his head is just above the ground. I then cease focusing chakra around your clone and then move myself to the surface behind your clone before ceasing to focus the chakra around my own body.

Advantages:
-It requires no handseals.
-It can be performed rather quickly and can be used in response to direct attacks in order to dodge and counter-attack.

Disadvantages:
-Requires you to go underground, which is among the most dangerous things you can do in the RP.
-Without doujutsu, you'd actually have no idea what would be on the surface when you emerge.
Big error on your second disadvantage. Using Hiding like a Mole, you can sense what happens above grounds, but it's indeed a stupid thing to go underground against any kind of doujutsu user (you can easily send a clone underground while being in a smoke screen to counter non-doujutsu users).

Alright, next up is:

(Doton: Gansetsukon) - Earth Release: Rock Staff
Type: Supplementary/Offense
Range: Short
Chakra Cost: 10
Damage Points: 20
Description: This jutsu allows the user to take a small chunk of rock and turn it into the shape of a staff. The user can then use it as a weapon or throw it with pinpoint accuracy at their opponent. A variation of this jutsu allows the user to create several staffs and launch them at the target, but with less accuracy.

This jutsu is pretty basic, take a rock, make a staff, throw it or fight with it. Rinse and repeat if you wish, but with less accuracy it is.

Demosthenes

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
*I pick up a large rock and hold it in one hand, focusing Doton chakra throughout it. I focus on manipulating its shape, causing it to extend upward and downward simultaneously, causing the rock to grow thin. I quickly smooth the shape of the extended earth, forming a long cylindrical rod. I quickly throw the rod off into the distance before focusing on a larger nearby rock. I infuse it with Doton chakra as well, using the formation of the last earthen cylinder as a basis to form the rock into many of them. I then manipulate each of those to shoot forward as an inaccurate volley of earthen cylinders.*

Advantages:
-Requires no handseals.
-Slightly more useful than kunai.

Disadvantages:
-As easily dealt with as kunai.

Wesobi

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
*I pick up a large rock and hold it in one hand, focusing Doton chakra throughout it. I focus on manipulating its shape, causing it to extend upward and downward simultaneously, causing the rock to grow thin. I quickly smooth the shape of the extended earth, forming a long cylindrical rod. I quickly throw the rod off into the distance before focusing on a larger nearby rock. I infuse it with Doton chakra as well, using the formation of the last earthen cylinder as a basis to form the rock into many of them. I then manipulate each of those to shoot forward as an inaccurate volley of earthen cylinders.*

Advantages:
-Requires no handseals.
-Slightly more useful than kunai.

Disadvantages:
-As easily dealt with as kunai.
You forget that it can be used in close combat as well :), having multiple staffs, but I get your point.

(Doton: Ganban Kyu) - Earth Style: Bedrock Coffin
Type: Offense
Range: Mid/Long
Chakra Cost: 15
Damage Points: 30
Description: This jutsu allows the user to control multiple sections of rock and move them around their opponent. The user then forms two gigantic sections that crush the opponent.

Alright, start by manipulating the rocks that are around your opponent. Once you've done this, you basically move them to your opponent and then crush him from two sides.