Banned
Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
On two seperate occasions has ussop demonstrated his superior hearing.
You must be registered for see images
Even though not being the closest to the scene (actually he was the farthest.) He heard the cannon fire before anyone else
then he heard the merry before anyone else did (he heard it well before anyone else)

So here is the question why if he has the best hearing is he always wearing headphones? do they help him hear even better?

Edit: Sorry I had clicked outside of the editer and hit enter and posted before it was done.

Last edited:

SSS12

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I don't think so. I think it's more because Usopp had the most special bond with Merry. He had seen the manifestation of its spirit before too. He knew it was real. He probably loved the ship the most too. I think this might have played a part in him hearing it first. And also maybe because he had heard the voice before, so the voice set some bells ringing in his head.

Reactions: Dr Strangelove

Trolling King

Banned
Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I don't think so. I think it's more because Usopp had the most special bond with Merry. He had seen the manifestation of its spirit before too. He knew it was real. He probably loved the ship the most too. I think this might have played a part in him hearing it first. And also maybe because he had heard the voice before, so the voice set some bells ringing in his head.
That wasnt the question... dammit.... I posted it too early on accident.... please re-read the post I edited it... (And what of the cannon fire? Why did he hear that first)

Moonbird

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Maybe the idea is that they actually protect his ears from the big exploison sounds of his sniping artillary?

That is my best guess any-way, I could see a real life sniper wearing some-thing like this so their ears wont get damaged due to the sound of the guns they are firing.. I mean.
If you ever tried to be at shooting practise, you HAVE to wear some-thing similar to that to protect your hearing, it's not some-thing you choose, they will make you.. So yeah, it's to ensure that Usopp doesn't damage his hearing. that's my best shot any-way.

I don't believe his hearing is that much better than other peoples though.. With Merry, it was just because he had to the strongets connection to it.. him.. her... the ship.

How-ever! Any-one ever noticed that slight detail that Usopp's sight is actually better than every-one elses?
It's a cute little detail that he will always be the first to see what-ever is up ahead, or even make out certain details and so on.. and that he has superior sight does make sense, I mean hallo, he is a sniper, he has to be able to see things that are really far away.

Reactions: Trolling King

Trolling King

Banned
Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Maybe the idea is that they actually protect his ears from the big exploison sounds of his sniping artillary?

That is my best guess any-way, I could see a real life sniper wearing some-thing like this so their ears wont get damaged due to the sound of the guns they are firing.. I mean.
If you ever tried to be at shooting practise, you HAVE to wear some-thing similar to that to protect your hearing, it's not some-thing you choose, they will make you.. So yeah, it's to ensure that Usopp doesn't damage his hearing. that's my best shot any-way.

I don't believe his hearing is that much better than other peoples though.. With Merry, it was just because he had to the strongets connection to it.. him.. her... the ship.

How-ever! Any-one ever noticed that slight detail that Usopp's sight is actually better than every-one elses?
It's a cute little detail that he will always be the first to see what-ever is up ahead, or even make out certain details and so on.. and that he has superior sight does make sense, I mean hallo, he is a sniper, he has to be able to see things that are really far away.

He has like 18 more instances of having supierior sight and hearing i just didnt feel like posting it... but good thing I am not the only one picking up on it.

Moonbird

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
He has like 18 more instances of having supierior sight and hearing i just didnt feel like posting it... but good thing I am not the only one picking up on it.
Didn't notice with the hearing, but I will look for it now.. the sight I just thought, that was a really cute little detail.

Also.. Usopp just seems to have a sixth sense when trouble is concerned, I mean.. if some big bad monster is luring some-where nearby, Usopp is just destined to stumble upon it first before the rest gets there.
Thus is the unwritten rules of One Piece.

I guess it's for the sake of the humour that Usopp will notice some-thing really incredible bad the others don't, and then have to deal with it by himself for a while... the world is kind of a b*tch towards Usopp that way <_<

And well, sigh.. all being said and done, even if those ear-things are indeed for protecting his ears.
I wish he didn't have them, quite frankly if you ask me.. they look bloody stupid! It's not all the redesigns I liked that much after the time-skip, but I grew to be fond of them regardless.
Rest of Usopp particularly.. uh Hallo there! You've been working out havn't you? ... ahem, any-way.. yeah.. ear things are stupid, I am weirdly pleased every-time there is a splash artist page made by Oda, you know those fun group images he makes, and Usopp doesn't wear the things! Looks so much better!

Last edited:

Trolling King

Banned
Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Didn't notice with the hearing, but I will look for it now.. the sight I just thought, that was a really cute little detail.

Also.. Usopp just seems to have a sixth sense when trouble is concerned, I mean.. if some big bad monster is luring some-where nearby, Usopp is just destined to stumble upon it first before the rest gets there.
Thus is the unwritten rules of One Piece.

I guess it's for the sake of the humour that Usopp will notice some-thing really incredible bad the others don't, and then have to deal with it by himself for a while... the world is kind of a b*tch towards Usopp that way <_<

And well, sigh.. all being said and done, even if those ear-things are indeed for protecting his ears.
I wish he didn't have them, quite frankly if you ask me.. they look bloody stupid! It's not all the redesigns I liked that much after the time-skip, but I grew to be fond of them regardless.
Rest of Usopp particularly.. uh Hallo there! You've been working out havn't you? ... ahem, any-way.. yeah.. ear things are stupid, I am weirdly placed every-time there is a splash artist page made by Oda, you know those fun group images he makes, and Usopp doesn't wear the things! Looks so much better!
I think they look cool but I was wondering why if he has always been portrayed to be of supieror senses would he put on ear protectors.

Want to know something wierd about hearing. the brain takes in more information from your ears than your eyes because ears dont have a focused direction.
Humans have been even able to master echolocation (mostly blind ppl) hearing and sight have different ranges. 10 miles at sea level is the maximum distance you can see before the earth curves but there is no limit to how far you can hear things from with a loud enough sound and good enough hearing. being able to snipe over the large curve of the horizon by his sense of sound would be child's play for him. he noticed things invisible to others almost all the time. Getting hit for ten miles by an onslaught of certain kill would be beautiful...

But he wears ear covers... :shy:

Moonbird

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Okay! new theory!

Usopp did develop his hearing, so massively well in the two year time skip, that he is now highly sensitive to all kinds of sounds, and wears ear covers so he wont get a head-ache from all of the sounds he can now hear.
But, that also means, he can take them off, and suddenly hear things kilometers away, and now you know.. when he takes them off, it's because shit just got really really serious!

Trolling King

Banned
Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Okay! new theory!

Usopp did develop his hearing, so massively well in the two year time skip, that he is now highly sensitive to all kinds of sounds, and wears ear covers so he wont get a head-ache from all of the sounds he can now hear.
But, that also means, he can take them off, and suddenly hear things kilometers away, and now you know.. when he takes them off, it's because shit just got really really serious!
Well I hope he atleast does something bad ass like closes his eyes before he becomes a sniper based off of his sense of hearing.

Reactions: Waindo

Moonbird

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Well I hope he atleast does something bad ass like closes his eyes before he becomes a sniper based off of his sense of hearing.
I'm pretty sure Usopp has some badass moments in him yet as in.. some genuine badass moment, not just that.. halfway kind of accidental bit where he beat Sugar and the ceiling cracked open above him.. that was weird.
Honestly, the small thumbs up he gave to the gnomes was the coolest thing he got to do in that entire plot-line.. oh well, i'm pretty sure he'll make up for it.. eventually... probably not in this arch.. Chopper is going to panick when they reunite.

MugiwaraBoy

Kin
21💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I'm pretty sure Usopp has some badass moments in him yet as in.. some genuine badass moment, not just that.. halfway kind of accidental bit where he beat Sugar and the ceiling cracked open above him.. that was weird.
Honestly, the small thumbs up he gave to the gnomes was the coolest thing he got to do in that entire plot-line.. oh well, i'm pretty sure he'll make up for it.. eventually... probably not in this arch.. Chopper is going to panick when they reunite.
Didn't the ceiling break because Sabo used Hiken?

Trolling King

Banned
Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Just wait till some insults luffy. DD's gonna call him luffy a small fry and he is just gonna get a Diablo jamble Onigiri Thunder tempo lance Sies Fluer clutch Radical beam Cherry petal impact Certain kill Fire bird combo to the face.
And that will be bad ass