0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
You must be registered for see images

Series Name: Toradora, Tiger x Dragon

Year of Serialization: 2008

Author(s): Yuyuko Takemiya

Artist(s): Yasu (Light Novel), J.C. Staff (Anime)

Genre(s): Comedy, Romance, School, Slice of Life

Current Status: Completed

Moment of Reviewing: Episode 25

Other Formats: Manga, Light Novel, Game

Series Summary:

It's a new school year and Ryuuji Takasu discovers that not only is he in the same class as his best friend, Yuusaku Kitamura, but also Minori Kushieda whom he's had an undisclosed crush on for quite some time. Along with the two of them comes the "Palmtop Tiger", tiny Taiga Aisaka and Minori's best friend. Despite her small stature, Taiga takes nothing from anybody and is secretly in love with Kitamura. Ryuuji and Taiga, despite their oil and water relationship, agree to mutually support each other in their quests for their hearts' desire.

Read more at

Critical Review:
(May contain some spoilers)

Toradora! is probably one of my favourite romcoms. Romance has always been a tricky genre for me, It's always a "watch it because its worth watching, or don't watch it at all" for me, But Toradora has proven me otherwise, Any mistake in this series can cause it to crumble, but slowly build up again. The character development is one thing to look out for, I am a big fan of character development. Ryuuji turns from a modest school boy who is dense about everything around him, into a guy who actually gets eloped with someone. Art is another thing to look out for, despite most romantic comedies I watch, Toradora's art can really fit that genre perfectly. The hairstyles, eyes are all something that really fit the "romantic comedy" genre, which most series can't do perfectly, since their art styles are mostly "shoujo in a romantic comedy." Characters, well...can't really say much about them, except that they really do take drastic turns here and then. But for the most part, the series doesn't really do much on the characters as the drama. If you're into drama anime, this anime is probably perfect for you. It really is a nice story to put in that genre, "a normal high school life for a boy named Ryuuji that turns upside down because he meet Taiga", simply put. But as you progress through the anime, you can actually feel the vibes within the series, sad, happy, etc. Or atleast, that's what I felt.

I've gone through far enough on the good sides, time to get on a few downsides. The drama sometimes felt quite empty, I didn't get some of the things that were happening, like when Taiga came to hit Kawashima with a kendo sword, I couldn't completely find the meaning in that, but that's probably just me. This anime really only has a few major downsides to be honest. One of the main problems is probably the character development, I know I've said it's one to look out for, but that's really only for one character. Most of the characters stay who they are through the whole series, for example, Kushieda. She is definitely a fun character and all, but it is later revealed (spoilers) that she liked Ryuuji. But wait, thats not all...She liked him, but decided not to pursue him because he wanted Ryuuji and Taiga to be together.

(I'm probably rambling here so skip to the next paragraph). I probably think has to do with her personality, wanting to be a fun character and all, but that to be honest could've been fixed around a bit. If you like someone, there's no reason not to pursue them, but only do it when you get the right chance.

Some people who sparked some character development is Kitamura. Throughout the series, it's all about Taiga liking Kitamura, Ryuuji liking Kushieda, and so on. But the Kitamura and Taiga relationship is quite interesting because it was a flipped relationship. Kitamura used to like Taiga, but got rejected, but then after a few changes on Kitamura's side, the relation was switched to Taiga liking Kitamura. These kinds of relations are most interesting in drama's, especially romantic comedies.
This series doesn't really have too many downsides at all, The main downsides of this series are mostly on the drama, but for the most part, the romantic comedy of things are done perfectly. If you like a mix of romantic comedy and drama, this series is a definite recommendation.

Overall Rating: 9/10

(Don't worry, no series can ever get a perfect 10 without a proper review. :yay:)

Last edited: