Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Welcome to the Tokyo Ghoul
fanclub

You must be registered for see images

About the Series:

The suspense horror/dark fantasy story is set in Tokyo, which is haunted by mysterious "ghouls" who are devouring humans. People are gripped by the fear of these ghouls whose identities are masked in mystery. An ordinary college student named Kaneki encounters Rize, a girl who is an avid reader like him, at the café he frequents. Little does he realize that his fate will change overnight.This young man receives organ donations from a "Ghoul" (Rize) after he is nearly killed. He struggle with his identity until meeting Toka, his new panther. with that the story of his new life begins, but he must beware of his inner darkness.

Tokyo Ghoul was the 27th best-selling manga series in Japan in 2013, with 1,666,348 estimated sales. As of January 2014, the manga has sold around 2.6 million copies with an anime planned for summer 2014.

RULES
  • Minimum charater bashing
  • Minimum Series bashing {nothing is perfect}
  • No spam
  • Have fun {most important rule}
  • Post with spoilers{manga scans}

MEMBERS
Owner:
SasukeUchiha910

Co-owner(s):
Soloking Hype
★-Immortal-

Members:
XReaperzZ
☯Cauzing
0 IQ
★ Sanic da Hedghoj
KGB Kakuzu
Murasame
Taco King
ALMIGHTY KID 99
ACTIVTIES:
- Posting and discussing anime episodes
- Discussing manga chapters and spoilers
- Misc. conversations {anything OFF-topic}

*If you would like to join:*
~JUST ASK~

Extras:
Author: Ishida Sui
Publisher: Shueisha
Magazine: Weekly Young Jump
Genre(s): Action ; Drama ; Fantasy ; Horror ; Martial arts ; Mature ; Mystery ; Psychological ; Sci fi ; Seinen ; Supernatural ; Tragedy
Released & status{manga}: 2011 - ongoing 134 chapters raw, 83 translated
Anime: episodes-3,anime television series adaptation by studio Pierrot started airing on Tokyo MX on July 3, 2014. Funimation has licensed the anime series for streaming and home video distribution in North America.

STORY & CHARACTERS{MAINS}

The suspense horror/dark fantasy story is set in Tokyo, which is haunted by mysterious "ghouls" who are devouring humans. People are gripped by the fear of these ghouls whose identities are masked in mystery. An ordinary college student named Kaneki encounters Rize, a girl who is an avid reader like him, at the café he frequents. Little does he realize that his fate will change overnight.This young man receives organ donations from a "Ghoul" (Rize) after he is nearly killed. He struggle with his identity until meeting Toka, his new panther. with that the story of his new life begins, but he must beware of his inner darkness.

Ken Kaneki,金木 研

The protagonist of the story, he is a 18 year old university freshman, that receives an organ transplant from the deceased ghoul, Rize who was trying to kill him before she was killed by a fallen i-beam. After the operation he develops ghoul like tendencies and characteristics, and his rationality begins to wane. As one that is now both ghoul and human he struggles to keep his ghoul identity secret always fighting against his ghoul side while trying to continue to live like a normal human. He later works as a waiter for Anteiku under Yoshimura's guidance. After his fight with Amon he gains the name "Eye patch" because of his mask's design and becomes somewhat famous after a ghoul saw him defeating Amon. He loves to read and is normally quiet and reserved. He has a bad trait of easily trusting strangers which sometimes puts him in life threatening situation. After being kidnapped by a ghoul run organization known as Aogiri Tree, he is mercilessly tortured by a sadistic ghoul and later develops similar traits like his torturer. While being tortured he has hallucinations of Rize as she mocks him about his mother which leads to him finally embracing his inner ghoul. His personality gets darker and he becomes a ruthless anti-hero.

Toka Kirishima,霧嶋 董香

A sixteen year old ghoul of the 20th ward, that works part-time as a waitress in Anteiku and attends high school. She blends in well with human society and believes that keeping ones ghoul identity is of top most priority. She is sometimes vindictive and is usually a very rash and reckless individual with violent tendencies. She also isn't afraid to let anyone know when she is not fond of them. She later becomes Kaneki's training partner, and their movements become in synch when fighting as a team. She is a good fighter and is more than a match for either Tsukiyama Shū or Nishio Nishiki on even grounds, though not nearly as strong as Yomo. She later becomes to be known as "Rabbit" after her attack on some investigators, killing one of them in the process. She takes up the role as Hinami's guardian after her parents are killed by investigators. She appears to have ornithophobia. Also deeply cares about kenaki well-being and mental health later on in series.

Rize Kamishiro, 神代 利世

Rize is a girl with glasses that Kaneki encounters, and tries to eat him after luring him out on a date with her. Her organs are transplanted into Kaneki after she is killed by a fallen i-beam. Before the i-beam incident Rize was a very powerful, fearless and merciless ghoul, often preventing other ghouls from hunting in areas she stole from them. Before she came to the 20th ward, she wreaked havoc in the 11th ward attracting the Anti-Ghoul Investigators to the ward. Before leaving she killed the ghouls that were in charge and caused a shift in power. She is known as the "Binge Eater" by investigators and like Kaneki she was very fond of reading, she now hunts his being leaking in his body and mind.

Extras & minor info​

Tokyo Ghoul was the 27th best-selling manga series in Japan in 2013, with 1,666,348 estimated sales. As of January 2014, the manga has sold around 2.6 million copies with an anime planned for summer 2014.

PERSONAL OPINION:

Well this series is epic, I started reading and could wait for more of it. this manga/anime series earn a rank among-st my titans and the is plot suited to the genre(s) perfectly truly amazing. Im glad about the anime series it will be receiving, it will truly (imo) blow akame ga shit(kill) out of the water this summer in the sense of horror and anxiety for its viewers. I hope to discussion more about the series with newly found NB fans. I give this series a 9.3/10.

My rankings{titans}:

Berserk, ベルセルク- 9.5/10
black lagoon,ブラックラグーン- 9.6/10
Tokyo ghoul,東京喰種- 9.3/10
neon genesis evangelion- 9.2/10
jormungand, ヨルムンガンド- 8.7/10
cowboy be-bop,カウボーイビバップ- 10/10{bias}
i am a hero,请叫我英雄- 9/10
Okitenemuru,オキテネムル- 9.1/10 {fairly new but worth the read}
naruto -7.5/10(imo)
fortress of apocalypse- 8.9/10

if your interested in reading Tokyo ghoul or okitenemuru {check it out} links are below.

Tokyo ghoul

okitenemuru

THX FOR READING{IF YOU DID} OR CLICKING {IF YOU DID NOT}

Here the first episode enjoy {^_^}d:

[video=youtube;s4ik5AT5dQ0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4ik5AT5dQ0[/video]

{if video does not work, use link below}

Last edited:

SasukeUchiha910

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I am here to inherit all you mangas.
added , welcome
I am also here to inherit all you mangas.
added , welcome
I to will inherit all you mangas.​
I inherit all you mangas as well.
added , welcome
There is alrady one :coffee:

I would like to join doe
link to the group please, i wanna join
#GHOULSQUAD
Put me on the list U_U
Touka-Chan needs another wing. There's beauty in symmetry.
added , welcome

KGB Kakuzu

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Gave my vote to Uta-San because he's got an awesome design, and gives.no ****s. I like how he walks around without his Kagune turned off XD.

Top four would be Uta, Touka, Yomo, and Yoshimura.

And now to complain.

I don't like how the anime is going on and one about Rize...seriously not a factor until after the initial Dove investigation, and even then not so important until the a little easy into the next big section.

Meaning, for you manga readers, she isn't so relevant until we see her during the Jason situation. The whole conversation she has with him there is killed thanks to all this stuff before. Honestly they practically already HAD the conversation

As for the manga, last chapter I've read was I think 81/81 where Kaneki pulls a **** move and leaves Touka out. Hoping she can get a second wing.... I prefer symmetry, and it'd help the Angel of Death vibe she had during the fight with Tsukishima "Gormet". Still, it was a sincere decision...she needs to get stronger before she can be of more use.

I'm thinking Uta is a Bikaku user. Just seems right. Yomo is probably whatever the Shoulder user is...kinda like Gormet, but probably not a giant Drill arm.

SasukeUchiha910

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Gave my vote to Uta-San because he's got an awesome design, and gives.no ****s. I like how he walks around without his Kagune turned off XD.

Top four would be Uta, Touka, Yomo, and Yoshimura.

And now to complain.

I don't like how the anime is going on and one about Rize...seriously not a factor until after the initial Dove investigation, and even then not so important until the a little easy into the next big section.

Meaning, for you manga readers, she isn't so relevant until we see her during the Jason situation. The whole conversation she has with him there is killed thanks to all this stuff before. Honestly they practically already HAD the conversation

As for the manga, last chapter I've read was I think 81/81 where Kaneki pulls a **** move and leaves Touka out. Hoping she can get a second wing.... I prefer symmetry, and it'd help the Angel of Death vibe she had during the fight with Tsukishima "Gormet". Still, it was a sincere decision...she needs to get stronger before she can be of more use.

I'm thinking Uta is a Bikaku user. Just seems right. Yomo is probably whatever the Shoulder user is...kinda like Gormet, but probably not a giant Drill arm.
VERY GOOD, choice in the vote, Uta is in my top 5 favorites, he just looks badass.

On a different note, kaneki has his reasons for leaving touka, i think he wants to keep her safe,and found out my he was created.

As for Rize is become relevant in the story later, i believe, and the anime well you know how that goes censer wise and canon manga wise, for now its ok/ awesome, lets hope they dont fk the story or series lol.

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I would like to join.

I've watched the anime all four episodes and its awesome, I'm also starting to read the chapters, I'm on ch.10 and climbing.

my favorite character so far is touka, I vote her.

SasukeUchiha910

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I would like to join.

I've watched the anime all four episodes and its awesome, I'm also starting to read the chapters, I'm on ch.10 and climbing.

my favorite character so far is touka, I vote her.
*added,welcome*
the anime, to me, is ok cause thier switching it around/ adapting to move at a faster pace, I recommend you contunie reading the manga.=D

And Touka-chan an awesome character/ nice choose.

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
*added,welcome*
the anime, to me, is ok cause thier switching it around/ adapting to move at a faster pace, I recommend you contunie reading the manga.=D

And Touka-chan an awesome character/ nice choose.
Finally, your back lol. Im new here to NB and wanted to join for some time now but you were banned lol.

Anyway im ch.50-55, now and I love the series, and the anime regardless.

Thx for adding me. And Touka-chan solo kaneki, she the best.

SasukeUchiha910

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Finally, your back lol. Im new here to NB and wanted to join for some time now but you were banned lol.

Anyway im ch.50-55, now and I love the series, and the anime regardless.

Thx for adding me. And Touka-chan solo kaneki, she the best.
You're well come.

@bold: lol, well his does tet touka beat up on him, I guess but nonetheless touka is awesome.