Kin
6,121💸
Kumi
1,800💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Want to preface this by saying just started reading this series yesterday

As for yunos grimoires it's a 4 clover with wind magic. In the series there's 4 basic basic elements where all others suppose to be derived from. I think the other 3 kingdoms will have people with other 3 basic element grimoires of fire water earth. I think symbolically yunos is wind is clover are associated with color green which is associated with wind.

Asta on other hand has a demon grimoire as 4 clover is associated with fortune the 5 clover is associated with demons most likely due to the penragram. It seems both yuno and asta have a yin yang relationship like Naruto and sasuke. While yunos path is filled with good fortune you could say asta is cursed with only hardship keep coming his way.

Asta is thought to be associated with the demon asteroth in life he belongs to a demon trinity with Lucifer and beelzebub so there might be other demon book users.

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Meh. There's no shortage of people using earth, water or fire magic. What was so special about Yuno's grimoire, was that it had four leafs, not the nature of his magic. This system of clovers is also strictly unique to the Clover Kingdom/area as far as we know. So it becomes rather weird to have some kind of special elemental quartet.

It's unclear if Yuno's 4-leaf clover was the first one since the legendary magic emperor or that it's simply rare, but we do know that the original Licht had a 4-leaf clover that he used for sword magic, so it doesn't seem to be tied to elemental magic and seems to indicate it's indeed just a rare grimoire.

Honestly the amount of leafs represent the potential of the magician and I don't really see a reason to see anything more behind that. Aster's grimoire here seems to be the exception as actually no one has made any remarks about it having 5-leafs, most likely because it's so tattered it's hard to see. It's Aster's magic that everyone finds peculiar. However if indeed Aster's grimoire was originally Licht's, that means it went from a 4 to a 5, which implies a special procedure was used (intentionally or not) to have it change. This conforms with the long-standing idea that Aster's Grimoire and anti-magic were two separate things that somehow became joined, creating the 5-leaf. That Rhya didn't recognize Aster's ability to cloak himself in anti-magic, also points into that direction.

So essentially it's Yuno himself who seems special, not his grimoire. In contrast it's Aster's grimoire who is special and not him, at last that's how it is now. Can't disclose the possibility that at one point it will be revealed that Aster's no-magic body is not a coincidental freak of nature, but something else.

Memento Mori

Legendary
Kin
102💸
Kumi
-250💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Meh. There's no shortage of people using earth, water or fire magic. What was so special about Yuno's grimoire, was that it had four leafs, not the nature of his magic. This system of clovers is also strictly unique to the Clover Kingdom/area as far as we know. So it becomes rather weird to have some kind of special elemental quartet.

It's unclear if Yuno's 4-leaf clover was the first one since the legendary magic emperor or that it's simply rare, but we do know that the original Licht had a 4-leaf clover that he used for sword magic, so it doesn't seem to be tied to elemental magic and seems to indicate it's indeed just a rare grimoire.

Honestly the amount of leafs represent the potential of the magician and I don't really see a reason to see anything more behind that. Aster's grimoire here seems to be the exception as actually no one has made any remarks about it having 5-leafs, most likely because it's so tattered it's hard to see. It's Aster's magic that everyone finds peculiar. However if indeed Aster's grimoire was originally Licht's, that means it went from a 4 to a 5, which implies a special procedure was used (intentionally or not) to have it change. This conforms with the long-standing idea that Aster's Grimoire and anti-magic were two separate things that somehow became joined, creating the 5-leaf. That Rhya didn't recognize Aster's ability to cloak himself in anti-magic, also points into that direction.

So essentially it's Yuno himself who seems special, not his grimoire. In contrast it's Aster's grimoire who is special and not him, at last that's how it is now. Can't disclose the possibility that at one point it will be revealed that Aster's no-magic body is not a coincidental freak of nature, but something else.
Rhya sometimes most likely inferred Asta as the "Anti Magic brat". So I think him being able to wield and use Anti magic swords is because he was born with Anti-magic is how I like to think. In the fight against Real Licht, we noticed that the Anti-Magic sword lost it's Anti-Magic properties when wielded by Licht and retained its properties when wielded by the Asta. That is how I interpreted it. Yeah there is likely another way we can interpret it too by saying it was Licht who removed the Anti-Magic properties with his huge overflowing mana.

But if that is the case then how they turned back into being Anti-Magic swords when Licht lost the hold of the sword is the question. And yeah I agree with you that at some time in manga... we get to know that Asta's no magic birth is not a mere coincidence. There is a possibility. And lets not forget about the Demon in the Fifth leaf subplot.

Sagebee

Supreme
Kin
6,121💸
Kumi
1,800💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

I just reread the manga and it seems when both yuno and asta received their grimiores that the clover seemed to appear after the fact. As what is verbatim described of what differeiates a four leaf clover grimiore in the series is that it's suppose to hold powerful magic and luck. Of the known fur leaf clover users many fortunate things happened for them. Also it seems you can have multiple four leaf clovers of the same element example being both the first magic emperor and Patri had light four leaf grimiores. And it might be the case that lichts wife had a four leaf wind grimiore too since it's stated they both used the same spells.

Based on my own personal observation it seems four leaf clover users are holistically powerful users and had a life where things came easy to them. Even yuno being an orphan he lived a pretty fortunate life a lucked up on many occasions even before receiving his grimiore and might be the case he might be originally from noble upbringing since the clover world has a pretty caste system and there's strong ties to genetics with magic abilities.

Something I was considering I wonder if a grimiore could change clover numbers later on if my theory is true that four leaf clovers are given by ability Noelle is as powerful or maybe even stronger than yuno but doesn't have magic control when she gets it she will be an exceptionally strong mage if she was like that from the beginning she could of easily gotten a four leaf clover.

It's quite the mystery what grimiores truly are or come from I don't think there's a finite amount of grimiores since we see after a grimiores used dies the grimiores is destroyed as well and no one can use the same grimiores even when you possess that body. So I'm thinking maybe grimiores are born at every person's birth, a lot of your future is predestined by the grimiores you receive and it seems the user has aptitude for that type of magic before receiving the grimiore. Also other kingdoms grimiore have the symbol of that country of that grimiore if the country doesn't create the grimiores wouldn't make sense why they have that emblem unless each land territory produces it's own special grimiore. And if that's the case I wonder if the four clover equivalent of other kingdoms produce a grimiores of fortune or of something else. Four clovers are suppose to symbolize luck or maybe it's inverse other countries 3 cohcers suppose to represent hope love faith, the heart suit should represent love so the other suits might greater amounts of the other attributes.