Kiiszame

Regular
Kin
1💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Ive read articles everywhere about LOK being a pioneer in children television and doing things no other cartoon show had the courage to do (Korrasami).

To be quite honest being moved to online by Nick (As punishment for killing of Amon and his brother) rather than being shown on television benefited LOK in many ways.
Those gruesome deaths they were able to incorporate (Rest In Peace P'li) and plot that perhaps was too much for a mere childrens show.

Now we wait in hopes that the series is revived once more, but do we really want Nick to do it?
Yes they own the rights, but who other than Nick would be a great fit for the series?

The irony here is that a children's show has attracted more mature audiences and should therefore be constructed in such a way that attracts said audiences.
Perhaps take it to new found places with nothing holding it back other than the limits of imagination?

One article I read pointed to Avatar being picked up by Netflix as an original series. They're known to take risks (House of Cards, Orange is the New Black). And why not take this leap of faith with an already great fan base? Of course this is all wishful thinking on my part. But imagine Avatar leaving the childrens domain an entering adulthood with no holds barred.

Do you see the series ever coming back? Should Nick take another crack at it? Where would you like to see the series be revived?

Kai NB

Legendary
Kin
640💸
Kumi
6,987💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I don't see them giving the rights away, it's too good too. At the same time, I don't see them reviving it anytime soon because it cross boundaries they didn't really want to be crossed.

I'd love to see it as a Netflix series, that would be great in my opinion, and it would allow the creators more freedom I think.

If anything though, after another 6 years or so, the creators may ask to have a mini-series with like 12 episodes made, which was how Korra started. If they get popular reviews, it may increase to even more episodes, just like how Korra went from originally 12 - 52

Melanin

Legendary
Kin
913💸
Kumi
540💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I could see it succeeding as a Netflix series because it already has a huge fan base and them elaborating then displaying Korrasami in episode form would give it an edge (emmy winning material). On the other hand I've also read that avatar would only have comic book projects in the future and that the television series wouldn't be coming back anytime soon so who knows?

Last edited:

Brian Griffin

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Ive read articles everywhere about LOK being a pioneer in children television and doing things no other cartoon show had the courage to do (Korrasami).

To be quite honest being moved to online by Nick (As punishment for killing of Amon and his brother) rather than being shown on television benefited LOK in many ways.
Those gruesome deaths they were able to incorporate (Rest In Peace P'li) and plot that perhaps was too much for a mere childrens show.

Now we wait in hopes that the series is revived once more, but do we really want Nick to do it?
Yes they own the rights, but who other than Nick would be a great fit for the series?

The irony here is that a children's show has attracted more mature audiences and should therefore be constructed in such a way that attracts said audiences.
Perhaps take it to new found places with nothing holding it back other than the limits of imagination?

One article I read pointed to Avatar being picked up by Netflix as an original series. They're known to take risks (House of Cards, Orange is the New Black). And why not take this leap of faith with an already great fan base? Of course this is all wishful thinking on my part. But imagine Avatar leaving the childrens domain an entering adulthood with no holds barred.
There are so many cartoons for mature audiences such as
South Park,Archer,The Simpsons,Futurama,American Dad,Family Guy,Bob's Burgers the list goes on
and very few children's Cartoons made now a day
More cartoon developers are turning their Cartoon filled with death and *** for money now

Whats left for children now?
School:vincent:

i think the mature audiences should stick to Game of Thrones,Breaking Bad,The Walking Dead,the Big Bang Theory,Anime and leave the children's shows alone

Even the new Video game consoles are for mature audience
Remeber the good old Cartoons like Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy,Captain Planet,what happened to shows like them

Wesobi

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
South Park,Archer,The Simpsons,Futurama,American Dad,Family Guy,Bob's Burgers the list goes on
More cartoon developers are turning their Cartoon filled with death and *** for money now

i think the mature audiences should stick to Game of Thrones,Breaking Bad,The Walking Dead,the Big Bang Theory,Anime and leave the children's shows alone

Remeber the good old Cartoons like Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy,Captain Planet,what happened to shows like them
Imo there's enough left for children. The fact that cartoons such as LoK etc are changing to be more than PG-13 is because children of 13 years old get "mature information and nuances" way earlier than they used to. You can see that in every aspect of life, not only cartoons. That's why cartoons evolve, and the themes in cartoons. Be glad though, as it addresses issues that children might be uneasy to talk or think about, while portraying the information (and sending it out in the first place) in an environment they're familiar with. Next to that: All the older people are on about korraXsami, but have you ever considered that the innocence of a child and the way a child thinks is different from ours? Who says that they speculate about lesbian interaction in the way we "older viewers" do. They might just see two close friends, who saved the world 3/4 times in a row together, go on a trip together which they both want to do. It's all about perspective. If you see them being two lesbians going in to the spirit world, that's mostly because you process it that way and want to see it that way (not meaning you want that to happens). Avatar in the first place might as well be about a lunatic on hallucinant drugs who thinks he's the avatar and can talk to "spirits" if you think about it. It's all a matter of perspective.

Also: things like South Park, Futurama, American dad and so forth were never meant for children, but at least adolescents and people in their twenties. Give or take a few years of course.

As for LoK, it's discontinued. I'd love to see Netflix take it over as suggested before, considering they are capable of popularizing shows (while keeping the shows integrity and values, and maintaining the quality of the show).

Last edited:

Kiiszame

Regular
Kin
1💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Those are adult cartoons. LoK always walked that fine line as is depicts aspects that are more in tune with mature audiences than young children.

LoK was stunning because it was moved to online and they were able to become a little darker. Imagine is Amon ddnt suicide with his brother or P'li ddnt die. Even the Red Lotus is deaths. None of that would have happened in a children's show.

All I'm saying is that LoK or any avatar show in the future would prosper as a better show if it was bit more PG-13. That way nothing would hold it back.

Then m night shaymalina ding dong went and burnt their faces so they needed to regain their honor.
True but this show is the talk of the town. Im just saying that this universe is too vast for it just to fade away. Take star wars for example.

elitenoob94

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Btw, your sig made me lol. Nice.

OT: Bryan never said there will be no more avatar, but it won't be anytime soon as I can assume. Can't just dive into a new series a month later lmao

Kiiszame

Regular
Kin
1💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
i am just sad LOK started for all ages and ended for 14 and higher,Nick turned TV to internet
and i am tired of watching Rocket Monkeys on TV
In essence one can argue that it allowed for the show to have just a tiny bit more freedom. And thats why characters were able to killed off the way they were.