Kin
5,404💸
Kumi
480💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
SOTM # 13: Black Butler

You must be registered for see images

This month's theme for the forum signature contest is " .

SOTM Rules: must be read before entering the contest.
New Theme suggestions: .

Here are the entries for this month:

- First Submission

- Second Submission

Skorm

ιn ѕιlιco
Elite
Kin
10,956💸
Kumi
81,693💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Status
Awards
Pretty good feeling about who made these tags, especially the first one derp, that text brush gives it away instantly haha. I agree with Elmage tho, but tbh there's only two submissions so what to expect when it will come to quality of the old days when there were like 10+ submissions. Old gfx:ers have either quit/gone in exile or left the base already.

Elmage G Ace

Elite
Kin
2,624💸
Kumi
6💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
well the people who made them probably werent actual designers so no need to like comment like that haha!
Sorry I was replying to the guy above, but accidentally clicked reply instead of quotingxd. But the truth is if we keep saying the sig is good, or nice submissions, they might think it is, I'd be a lot nicer if it was in design hall, I usually am, but this is SoTM, we have to tell them when it's not too good, perhaps that's a little harsh, I was actually pissed at sth else, but still one can't say it's pretty good. Every artist or gfxer starts like that, so I can understand the struggle, I didn't want to even comment or vote, but looking closely, I saw the artist are at least trying, not just going for the award, and that's why I voted, but if they keep seeing comments like 'good submissions' or like the above guy said 'pretty well made' the artist would be happy yes, but his/her development slower, because he would believe it is. It may be a little harsh like I said, but it's true, I owe so much to earlier gfxers in this site, and they never went easy on me xd

To the artist: I'm not going to sugar coat it, you guys need practice, but I'm happy to help, VM and if you need tips and stuff

Skorm

ιn ѕιlιco
Elite
Kin
10,956💸
Kumi
81,693💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Status
Awards
It may be a little harsh like I said, but it's true, I owe so much to earlier gfxers in this site, and they never went easy on me xd

To the artist: I'm not going to sugar coat it, you guys need practice, but I'm happy to help, VM and if you need tips and stuff
Since when was a full cnc ever even made in DH at all though? Even if we have like what, 4-5 great gfx:ers that still log in here they don't say much to the people in DH that posts there, which i am also guilty for since i am one of them(self promotion ftw >_>). Some people learn more from video tutorials, some learn from cnc, some learn from just being curious, some learn from PSD's. Maybe creating a GFX shop for veterans where they post some things sometimes wouldn't hurt. I don't think it will happen though but yeah..

Elmage G Ace

Elite
Kin
2,624💸
Kumi
6💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Since when was a full cnc ever even made in DH at all though? Even if we have like what, 4-5 great gfx:ers that still log in here they don't say much to the people in DH that posts there, which i am also guilty for since i am one of them(self promotion ftw >_>). Some people learn more from video tutorials, some learn from cnc, some learn from just being curious, some learn from PSD's. Maybe creating a GFX shop for veterans where they post some things sometimes wouldn't hurt. I don't think it will happen though but yeah..
Don't know of the other guys, but I give cnc if requested, but I've been inactive due to Final Year Project, but we on strike now, so I'm going to be active for a while, I guess most gfxer gave up when DH became flooded with avatars, also, who are you? Lolxd

Azu

Elite
Kin
279💸
Kumi
114💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
People did that, but that was really long time ago. I am talking about like your golden GFX time long ago. (Damn, u one old flodhäst)

OT: I am with Elmage team.

Chihaya

Pirate Queen
Veteran
Kin
2,348💸
Kumi
7,896💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Sorry I was replying to the guy above, but accidentally clicked reply instead of quotingxd. But the truth is if we keep saying the sig is good, or nice submissions, they might think it is, I'd be a lot nicer if it was in design hall, I usually am, but this is SoTM, we have to tell them when it's not too good, perhaps that's a little harsh, I was actually pissed at sth else, but still one can't say it's pretty good. Every artist or gfxer starts like that, so I can understand the struggle, I didn't want to even comment or vote, but looking closely, I saw the artist are at least trying, not just going for the award, and that's why I voted, but if they keep seeing comments like 'good submissions' or like the above guy said 'pretty well made' the artist would be happy yes, but his/her development slower, because he would believe it is. It may be a little harsh like I said, but it's true, I owe so much to earlier gfxers in this site, and they never went easy on me xd

Well I get where you are coming from. But to people who dont design and know the in and outs, the signatures are really well done to them. It's like the Mayor trying to talk President about Politics. He's going to be like "oh u got this allalking to the Mayor trying to talk President about Politics. He's going to be like "oh u got this all wrong" yet a normal citizen would be amazed at what a Mayor does... ya know. Art is art and no one has to follow strict rules, or else art wouldn't be expressive. But if you're giving tips i wouldn't mind taking some :p

Last edited:

Elmage G Ace

Elite
Kin
2,624💸
Kumi
6💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Well I get where you are coming from. But to people who dont design and know the in and outs, the signatures are really well done to them. It's like the Mayor trying to talk President about Politics. He's going to be like "oh u got this allalking to the Mayor trying to talk President about Politics. He's going to be like "oh u got this all wrong" yet a normal citizen would be amazed at what a Mayor does... ya know. Art is art and no one has to follow strict rules, or else art wouldn't be expressive. But if you're giving tips i wouldn't mind taking some :p
How do you tell the difference between the work of a novice and a genius artist? You're right, art is art, and there are no strict rules, however, there are fundamental ones, like lighting, light illuminates a dark place, and you can't have light falling on the dark side of an object, without illuminating it.(just anovice example) There is also a difference between contest and exhibition, exhibition is synonymous with admiration, critique and the likes, contest is meant to be judged, the judges need to possess, a decent knowledge to be eligible. See my point?

If you need tips VM me, if your entries is one of the above, post it on DH after the contest, and I'll give a proper, and nicer CnCxd.

LordRaikage

Elite
Kin
54💸
Kumi
9💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
How do you tell the difference between the work of a novice and a genius artist? You're right, art is art, and there are no strict rules, however, there are fundamental ones, like lighting, light illuminates a dark place, and you can't have light falling on the dark side of an object, without illuminating it.(just anovice example) There is also a difference between contest and exhibition, exhibition is synonymous with admiration, critique and the likes, contest is meant to be judged, the judges need to possess, a decent knowledge to be eligible. See my point?

If you need tips VM me, if your entries is one of the above, post it on DH after the contest, and I'll give a proper, and nicer CnCxd.
They both look great..

Status
Not open for further replies.