Kin
1💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Can we assume this is Ichibes shikai?
You must be registered for see images
Which must mean the zero squad does use bankai!

Zeta42

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It's bankai. Kubo has retconned the whole "say bankai to activate bankai" thing, as seen when Kenpachi used bankai.

7th Biggest OP Fan

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
If it is just his Shikai, then what was he using before that. Just an ordinary paint brush with abilities?
It more then likely points to a bankai, but hype points to the shikai.

Forbidden Tale

Veteran
Kin
27💸
Kumi
1💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Whole time he use shikai. That brush was just partial version.

To elaborate, Ichimonji means a single character. Basically to me that suggests that his ability to write a single kanji and apply its state to something is his Shikai ability. I.e. when he wrote "Hidden" to hide Reioukyuu, and when he wrote "Sealed" to seal Yhwach's voice.

ssjelf

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Whole time he use shikai. That brush was just partial version.
Remember when Isshin used GT while still in sealed state. I wonder if high level shinigami of RG level are able to do that. In fact Tenjiro didn't release his zan and what do you wanna bet that his power has to do with that water he uses.

ssjelf

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It was never stated that you need to be in shikai to use GT.
*facepalm* A lot of things aren't stated explicitly. GT is a shikai ability yet for some reason Isshin can use it. How many shinigami can use an ability like that without releasing their zan? The answer is 3, Ishhin, Ichibei, and Tennjiro. You also might count Uraharas cane lasers but those might be kido. Evryone else releases their zan with a command before using any abilities clearly linked to their sword. You can say partial release, but I am willing to beat that is what Ishhin did as well.

Zeta42

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
*facepalm* A lot of things aren't stated explicitly. GT is a shikai ability yet for some reason Isshin can use it. How many shinigami can use an ability like that without releasing their zan? The answer is 3, Ishhin, Ichibei, and Tennjiro. You also might count Uraharas cane lasers but those might be kido. Evryone else releases their zan with a command before using any abilities clearly linked to their sword. You can say partial release, but I am willing to beat that is what Ishhin did as well.
Tenjirou? If you are talking about water from his hotspring, then it's his invention, not a zanpakuto ability. And his shikai's power is light, anyway.

The same is most likely true for Ichibei, the brush could be tied to his knowledge of names.

Kiiszame

Regular
Kin
1💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It just means he'd rape bach if he went bankai. shiki is only needed U_U

OT: yes, most likely it is his shiki
Man this guy is scary. In fact all the royal guard is. They havent even gone full beast yet.
Ichimonji is his shikai it means 1st letter or Straight Line

*oh it says it underneath xd
haha yeah it is.
If it is just his Shikai, then what was he using before that. Just an ordinary paint brush with abilities?
It more then likely points to a bankai, but hype points to the shikai.
Well in bleach when someone uses shikai they commonly use a phrase to unleash.
Scream, howl, shatter, etc.

When bankai is unleashed, they simply say bankai. It has been the case for every single shinigami that has used bankai up to this point.

I wanted to point this out because i believe Ichibe and the rest of the Royal guard have only began to fight seriously.
There powers are beyond anything. They are also boastful so they probably ddnt see the quincys as threats. Until now which means things will get serious.

ssjelf

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Can you prove that GT is shikai ability (before 'facepalm')?

Zangetsu is his released state. Zangetsu ability is GT. GT is therefore a shikai ability. Isshin may be different but I find that unlikly as he also they are both related and both have zan of similar names. Zangetsu (Slaying Moon) and Engetsu (Scathing moon) and Getsuga Tensho (moon Fang Heaven Piercer) It would seem to me and most everyone I think, that GT is a shikai ability and Isshin has an ability to use it withour releasing his sword. If that is because of skill or because of a partial release I do not know, but I feel it is similar to the RG's capabilities. And may give a link as to why Isshin is so powerful and how he knows about FGT. Like you said, maybe he went to RR and learned from them.

Tenjirou? If you are talking about water from his hotspring, then it's his invention, not a zanpakuto ability. And his shikai's power is light, anyway.

The same is most likely true for Ichibei, the brush could be tied to his knowledge of names.
His invention may stem from his zanpakuto ability. Same with Ichibei. His released his zan and it glew brightly and then just showed YH surrounded by the water he had used before releasing. I am just guessing here, but I think RG level people are capable of using shikai-esque abilities without releasing. Both Ichinei and Tenjoro use a sealed zan to use their abilities and I think it is a little weird. Look a the scan
He says he won't make it any cooler and releases his shikai and to me it sounds like his shikai will increase its heat.

Last edited:

SasukexNeji

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I think he's either killed before he's able to use his bankai, or he'll use it and ONLY lose because Bach uses Old Man Yammi's bankai to get the W.

Forbidden Tale

Veteran
Kin
27💸
Kumi
1💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Zangetsu is his released state. Zangetsu ability is GT. GT is therefore a shikai ability. Isshin may be different but I find that unlikly as he also they are both related and both have zan of similar names. Zangetsu (Slaying Moon) and Engetsu (Scathing moon) and Getsuga Tensho (moon Fang Heaven Piercer) It would seem to me and most everyone I think, that GT is a shikai ability and Isshin has an ability to use it withour releasing his sword. If that is because of skill or because of a partial release I do not know, but I feel it is similar to the RG's capabilities. And may give a link as to why Isshin is so powerful and how he knows about FGT. Like you said, maybe he went to RR and learned from them.
That Ichigo's statament is false. Because, Ichigo used GT with his Fullbring and I think that Kugo Ginjo used it as well.

Also, Zangetsu is name of his zanpakuto while released, but some of characters refer to their zanpakuto while being unrelesed.

I don't see Isshin's zanpakuto being in some partial release, because it take exactly the same form as ordinary katana. And partial versions are usually different (RG, Yumichika, Zaraki).

I personally would say that GT is Shiba's clan ability, because Isshin is from Shiba clan, Ichigo is son of former clan leader and Ginjo while using GT had already absorbed Ichigo's reiatsu. It would explain how Fullbringers can use it as well.

ssjelf

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
That Ichigo's statament is false. Because, Ichigo used GT with his Fullbring and I think that Kugo Ginjo used it as well.

Also, Zangetsu is name of his zanpakuto while released, but some of characters refer to their zanpakuto while being unrelesed.

I don't see Isshin's zanpakuto being in some partial release, because it take exactly the same form as ordinary katana. And partial versions are usually different (RG, Yumichika, Zaraki).

I personally would say that GT is Shiba's clan ability, because Isshin is from Shiba clan, Ichigo is son of former clan leader and Ginjo while using GT had already absorbed Ichigo's reiatsu. It would explain how Fullbringers can use it as well.
Ginjo absorbed Ichigos shinigami powers. IE the powers of his zan. If it was a shiba ability, then why can Ginjo use it. Also ichigo in fullbring was using a mock GT, similar, but it can't be s legitimate one.

Summer

Legendary
Kin
3💸
Kumi
24💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
A lot of people forget that it has been shown numerous times already of people using there zanpakutou abilities in normal sword mode.
For example rose used a bind in the anime and Kensei used a wind slice as well.

Let's also not forget about yumichika and his zanpakutou which has shown three forms and not one of those is bankai so there's really a lot of info to go through before assumptions can be made.