Legendary
Kin
5,496💸
Kumi
97,804💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Tell me what you know about Yin-Yang, Yin specifically, in the context of Daoist philosophy. It's important to understand this because it literally forms the foundation for what Yin-Yang is in the RP, even if on its surface a philosophical understanding is useless to using the techniques. You don't have to do extensive research, hell you don't have to do any. Just tell me what you think you know and I'll fill in the gaps.

System001

Legendary
Kin
6,209💸
Kumi
10,911💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yin-Yang is basically dualism, the idea that everything can be abstracted down to two.
In this case, Yin and Yang represent inverse properties to one another, and through them all of creation can be expressed.
For instance, Yin Darkness and Yang Light, or the dualism of feminine against masculine, and so on.
Although opposites, they co-exist, creating a spectrum. Arguably, one could not exist without the other - the other defines the self and as such there is a certain aspect of interdependence. Most everything in existence will contain traits from both Yin and Yang.
It would be highly unusual (if not outright impossibly) for something naturally occurring to contain only Yin traits, or vice versa.

Yin is often associated with 'shadow' qualities such as darkness, the passive, feminine, metaphysical, spiritual and so on.

Last edited:

Drackos

Legendary
Kin
5,496💸
Kumi
97,804💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Yeah, those hits on the basic ideas. I'll come back to these points in a moment so I can just give the quick run down of the Daoist philosophy of Yin-Yang.

So Yin-Yang are basically the primordial forces of the universe. But they weren't the first. Before there was Yin-Yang, there was nothingness. You've seen these before on this site in two major ways: LoK's sage title (the Sage of Wuji), and Reborn's Hayabusa clan, based on Wuji. Think of Wuji as two stages before Yin and Yang, and a state of true nothingness. Wuji is defined as the boundless and infinite. It is literally, in Chinese, translated to "without ridgepole," meaning there is no direction, no poles (think North and South poles), etc. In Naruto, this state was represented as Kaguya Otsutsuki herself. The end of Naruto was laden with very rich symbolism, despite how the story kinda went to wild shit. It's something I really do have to give props to Kishi for. Basically Hamura and Hagoromo, the Six Paths Yin and Yang powers, respectively, represent Yin and Yang. This is also represented by Naruto and Sasuke, and Hashirama and Madara. Then when these powers combine, they become Taiji (the next state I will talk about). This is Madara after he declares he is immortal, basically, and how he has obtained "both powers." Then you have Kaguya. She represents the ultimate state. Had she succeeded it would have, in a way, been a return to nothingness.

Now from Wuji comes Taiji. Taiji is translated as "Great Pole," and it is the state of the Supreme Ultimate. Taiji is the state of everything. It is the primordial universe, with infinite potential and boundless boundaries. For some, thinking about what Taiji is can be weird. Taiji is a state of undifferentiated everything. It is a single great pole that encompasses the entire universe. This is where Yin and Yang come in, which is the next state. Yin and Yang are poles that allow Taiji to be differentiated. It gives more definition to a universe of everything. Yin and Yang is further broken down into the 8 Trigrams, or the Ba Gua. These 8 Trigrams combine in a variety of different ways to give us the Creation of 10,000 Things; this essentially is, in philosophy, what creates everything in the universe. In the Naruto RP, this is represented as the Creation of All Things Technique, creating living beings from nothing. The Ba Gua does this by utilizing Yin and Yang in a variety of different ratios.

We'll talk about ratios soon, as it is important in Yin-Yang techniques. But essentially, and you point this out in your post, that one cannot exist without the other. That means that in all Yin and Yang techniques, the opposite, to some degree, is still present. This is true even in the ultimate Yin and Yang techniques in the RP: Yin State and Yang State. In these techniques you will reduce your Yang ratio (in the case of Yin State) to the absolute minimum. But this does not mean that the Yang ceases to exist. As we go through the techniques we're going to identify, in as many as we can, where the Yang is in each one. So yes, this is a Yin training thread - but we'll be looking at it in the context of Yin-Yang. Because no matter how much you try to remove the Yang, it is always present.

Drackos

Legendary
Kin
5,496💸
Kumi
97,804💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Then we will start on the first technique.

(Inton: Ten ni henkō) - Yin Release: Change into Heaven
Type: Supplementary
Range: Short
Chakra cost: N/A (+50)
Damage points: N/A
Description: The user manipulates a technique of the basic 5 elements with Yin nature, allowing him to change its properties. Fire can become solid. Lightning can become tangible. The possibilities are as endless as is the user’s own imagination. The end resulting technique is neutral to all basic elemental natures. This doesn't consume time since it’s actually a skill applied to a technique used at the same time.
Note: Yin Release masters can apply this technique to advanced fields, CE and advanced elements.
Note: Usable 3 times per battle and 6 times per event.

You're capable of reading, so I know that you can understand what it literally says. But what do you think about this technique? What do you think are it's limits?

System001

Legendary
Kin
6,209💸
Kumi
10,911💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Then we will start on the first technique.

(Inton: Ten ni henkō) - Yin Release: Change into Heaven
Range: Short
Chakra cost: N/A (+50)
Damage points: N/A
Description: The user manipulates a technique of the basic 5 elements with Yin nature, allowing him to change its properties. Fire can become solid. Lightning can become tangible. The possibilities are as endless as is the user’s own imagination. The end resulting technique is neutral to all basic elemental natures. This doesn't consume time since it’s actually a skill applied to a technique used at the same time.
Note: Yin Release masters can apply this technique to advanced fields, CE and advanced elements.
Note: Usable 3 times per battle and 6 times per event.

You're capable of reading, so I know that you can understand what it literally says. But what do you think about this technique? What do you think are it's limits?

Embodies the power of imagination as it allows you to alter the fundamental properties or principles of techniques you create.

Limits would be defined by what you could logically describe, and by qualities that wouldn’t naturally clash against or contradict one another. For instance if you make water incorporeal it won’t really do anything.
Also, I don’t think it’s allowed to deceive all of the five senses with this. So you couldn’t make a Jutsu in-smellable/hearable/seesble/feelable and tasteable eith this

Finally, I think this only refers to physical properties. So you couldn’t for instance, make a water technique that doesn’t innately possess chakra absorbing qualities acquire them.

Drackos

Legendary
Kin
5,496💸
Kumi
97,804💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Embodies the power of imagination as it allows you to alter the fundamental properties or principles of techniques you create.

Limits would be defined by what you could logically describe, and by qualities that wouldn’t naturally clash against or contradict one another. For instance if you make water incorporeal it won’t really do anything.
Also, I don’t think it’s allowed to deceive all of the five senses with this. So you couldn’t make a Jutsu in-smellable/hearable/seesble/feelable and tasteable eith this

Finally, I think this only refers to physical properties. So you couldn’t for instance, make a water technique that doesn’t innately possess chakra absorbing qualities acquire them.
>seesble

Dawg the word you're looking for is invisible.

Correct in regards to all of the points made, especially the last one. You're right that this only impacts the physical properties of a technique. I will add a bit to it though. Be wary when you're drastically altering a technique. For instance, if you turn a Fire technique and physically alter it so it represents a Water Release technique, then it really isn't Fire anymore. But you also haven't changed it into Water Release either. So make sure you don't go too radical with this technique. Keep things within some boundaries that still follow some sense.

(Inton: Gogyou Gen) - Yin Release: 5 Elements Illusion
Range: N/A
Chakra Cost: N/A (+50)
Damage: N/A
Description: This technique allows the user to combine their elemental chakra with Yin Release in order to create stronger, more potent genjutsu. When the user casts a genjutsu, rather than using their raw chakra they will use one of the basic elemental natures, thus increasing the potency of the jutsu. The jutsu increases in strength by one rank and due to the massive amount of chakra used, the jutsu can penetrate through any subversive method against genjutsu. By using nature chakra rather than raw chakra, the properties of the genjutsu can change in accordance to that nature and become stronger. For example, using Crushing Snake Constriction with Fire Release chakra would make the snakes appear, feel, and sound as though they were on fire. As well, the technique would follow the rules of elemental genjutsu. The user is free to alter the effects of a genjutsu within reason as long as the primary effects remain the same.
Note: Can only be used 6 times per battle.
Note: Cannot be used on techniques above S-rank.
Note: Yin Release masters can use advanced elements and CE

Next one. Tell me what you think about 5 Elements Illusion. Then I'll be asking questions to test what you know :)

System001

Legendary
Kin
6,209💸
Kumi
10,911💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
>seesble

Dawg the word you're looking for is invisible.

Correct in regards to all of the points made, especially the last one. You're right that this only impacts the physical properties of a technique. I will add a bit to it though. Be wary when you're drastically altering a technique. For instance, if you turn a Fire technique and physically alter it so it represents a Water Release technique, then it really isn't Fire anymore. But you also haven't changed it into Water Release either. So make sure you don't go too radical with this technique. Keep things within some boundaries that still follow some sense.

(Inton: Gogyou Gen) - Yin Release: 5 Elements Illusion
Description: This technique allows the user to combine their elemental chakra with Yin Release in order to create stronger, more potent genjutsu. When the user casts a genjutsu, rather than using their raw chakra they will use one of the basic elemental natures, thus increasing the potency of the jutsu. The jutsu increases in strength by one rank and due to the massive amount of chakra used, the jutsu can penetrate through any subversive method against genjutsu. By using nature chakra rather than raw chakra, the properties of the genjutsu can change in accordance to that nature and become stronger. For example, using Crushing Snake Constriction with Fire Release chakra would make the snakes appear, feel, and sound as though they were on fire. As well, the technique would follow the rules of elemental genjutsu. The user is free to alter the effects of a genjutsu within reason as long as the primary effects remain the same.
Note: Can only be used 6 times per battle.
Note: Cannot be used on techniques above S-rank.
Note: Yin Release masters can use advanced elements and CE

Next one. Tell me what you think about 5 Elements Illusion. Then I'll be asking questions to test what you know :)
Mi no segunda. The word I'm looking for is unseeable.

So how many senses can I reasonably decieve with Change into Heaven?

This technique is pretty game-changing tbh, since it straight up invalidates the vast amount of Genjutsu defenses that have arisen over the years. It even bypasses Bijuu immunity (personally I disagree with this, I feel as though Jins should be the one exception to this technique)
Basically lets you cast a buffed Genjutsu, imbued with elemental qualities, and alter auxiliary or superficial aspects of the illusion.

Drackos

Legendary
Kin
5,496💸
Kumi
97,804💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Mi no segunda. The word I'm looking for is unseeable.

So how many senses can I reasonably decieve with Change into Heaven?

This technique is pretty game-changing tbh, since it straight up invalidates the vast amount of Genjutsu defenses that have arisen over the years. It even bypasses Bijuu immunity (personally I disagree with this, I feel as though Jins should be the one exception to this technique)
Basically lets you cast a buffed Genjutsu, imbued with elemental qualities, and alter auxiliary or superficial aspects of the illusion.
As many as you want, as long as you don't make it invisible to all at the same time. There must always be a way to detect it.

So give me some examples of what you think would happen when you use this technique with some canon Genjutsu, outside of Crushing Snake Constriction since it's used in this technique.

What types of changes can you make? For example, if you used the surrounding changes Genjutsu and combined it with Water Release, could you cause someone to feel the sensation of drowning? Or would it simply appear that they are submerged in water?

System001

Legendary
Kin
6,209💸
Kumi
10,911💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
As many as you want, as long as you don't make it invisible to all at the same time. There must always be a way to detect it.

So give me some examples of what you think would happen when you use this technique with some canon Genjutsu, outside of Crushing Snake Constriction since it's used in this technique.

What types of changes can you make? For example, if you used the surrounding changes Genjutsu and combined it with Water Release, could you cause someone to feel the sensation of drowning? Or would it simply appear that they are submerged in water?
What if I make it invisible to 3 senses with this, and two with another technique. That allowed?

No, since the genjutsu is visual it will make it seem like they're surrounding in water, but the sensation itself shouldn't be applicable. Unless this technique also extends the amount of senses that a Genjutsu can affect...in which case WEW LAD

Drackos

Legendary
Kin
5,496💸
Kumi
97,804💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
What if I make it invisible to 3 senses with this, and two with another technique. That allowed?

No, since the genjutsu is visual it will make it seem like they're surrounding in water, but the sensation itself shouldn't be applicable. Unless this technique also extends the amount of senses that a Genjutsu can affect...in which case WEW LAD
No, that wouldn't be allowed I believe. But there are ways around these limits. I'll leave it to your imagination to figure them out.

And yeah, that's correct. You can't change what makes up the foundation, or basic senses, that it impacts. So if you apply Water Release to an illusion like Bringer of Darkness, which submerges the opponent, they won't feel the sensation of drowning no matter what. This can be accomplished through other means, just not through this technique.

(Inton: Gaki no Jutsu) - Yin Release: Hungry Ghost Technique
Description: Hungry Ghost is a spiritual parasite created through the user’s Yin Release chakra. When using an elemental jutsu, the user will form the ram hand seal to seal the hungry ghost within their technique. Sealing the hungry ghost inside one’s technique happens within the same timeframe as their elemental technique. When the user’s technique clashes with another technique, the parasitic Yin Chakra will eat away at the chakra within the technique, weakening it by one rank. Once the hungry ghost consumes foreign chakra it is released and immediately attaches itself to the source of the foreign chakra (the opponent). From there, the parasite continues to eat away at the enemy’s chakra every time they use techniques (all techniques reduce in rank and power by 1 degree). Once the Hungry Ghost is released, its tether is immediate and cannot be blocked or circumvented by ordinary means. The effects of Hungry Ghost last for 4 turns.
Note: Can only be used 5 times per battle and cannot be used on the same target more than twice.
Note: Surges or Barriers that utilize Yin, Yang, Yin-Yang or Natural Energy can break or prevent the tethering of the Hungry Ghost.
Note: Yin Release master can apply this technique to advanced elements and CE
Note: Hungry Ghost can only be used on S-rank techniques and below.

Thoughts on this one?

System001

Legendary
Kin
6,209💸
Kumi
10,911💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Basically lets you attach a parasitic entity of Yin to your produce elemental techniques. On clash the parasite will reduce the chakra within the enemy attack, and then tether to them, reducing the power of their future jutsu. Obviously abides by boosting rules.
Limitations of this technique are rather unclear, obviously it can't be applied with something like EMC, but would that hold true for gushing water imprisonment? I feel as though this should only apply for projectile techniques but that might not be the case

Way to defend this technique is with either y/y or natural energy surges/barriers, or by dodging the technique with hungry ghost applied - no clash, no tethering.

Drackos

Legendary
Kin
5,496💸
Kumi
97,804💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Basically lets you attach a parasitic entity of Yin to your produce elemental techniques. On clash the parasite will reduce the chakra within the enemy attack, and then tether to them, reducing the power of their future jutsu. Obviously abides by boosting rules.
Limitations of this technique are rather unclear, obviously it can't be applied with something like EMC, but would that hold true for gushing water imprisonment? I feel as though this should only apply for projectile techniques but that might not be the case

Way to defend this technique is with either y/y or natural energy surges/barriers, or by dodging the technique with hungry ghost applied - no clash, no tethering.
You can apply it to Gushing Water but it won't instantly tether. It only tethers when a technique that uses chakra counters the prison itself.

(Inton: Dai Mugen Ryu) - Yin Release: Great Phantom Dragons
Type: Offensive/Defensive
Range: Short - Long
Chakra Cost: 150
Damage: 100 | 120 (for multi-element)
Description: A more powerful version of “Yin Release Hungry Ghost Technique.” Rather than the user arbitrarily adding their Yin Release chakra to a specific technique, the user will create a number of large, elemental dragons using any of the basic elements plus their Yin Release chakra. The user can create up to 5 serpentine dragons which, once created, can act independently according to the user’s will. Due to the user being able to manipulate multiple elements at once, each dragon created can be of a different nature. Each dragon will also have the absorption properties of “Hungry Ghost,” thus becoming even more dangerous. However, due to the massive amount of chakra and control needed to use these dragons, the user can only control two dragons at any given time. While the dragons are present, the user cannot use any Yang Release or elemental techniques that currently exist within the dragons. Yin Release masters can combine two natures together in order to make a multi-elemental dragon or even a dragon consisting of an advanced element or CE that they know. However, in doing so they will only be able to create two dragons.
Note: Can only be used 2 times per battle.

Then you're ready for Great Phantom Dragons. This one comes with the Hungry Ghost naturally imbued in it. What does that mean in regards to the boosting rules? What do you think it means that "the user can only control two dragons at any given time" while you are able to create up to 5 of these?

System001

Legendary
Kin
6,209💸
Kumi
10,911💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You can apply it to Gushing Water but it won't instantly tether. It only tethers when a technique that uses chakra counters the prison itself.

(Inton: Dai Mugen Ryu) - Yin Release: Great Phantom Dragons
Type: Offensive/Defensive
Range: Short - Long
Chakra Cost: 150
Damage: 100 | 120 (for multi-element)
Description: A more powerful version of “Yin Release Hungry Ghost Technique.” Rather than the user arbitrarily adding their Yin Release chakra to a specific technique, the user will create a number of large, elemental dragons using any of the basic elements plus their Yin Release chakra. The user can create up to 5 serpentine dragons which, once created, can act independently according to the user’s will. Due to the user being able to manipulate multiple elements at once, each dragon created can be of a different nature. Each dragon will also have the absorption properties of “Hungry Ghost,” thus becoming even more dangerous. However, due to the massive amount of chakra and control needed to use these dragons, the user can only control two dragons at any given time. While the dragons are present, the user cannot use any Yang Release or elemental techniques that currently exist within the dragons. Yin Release masters can combine two natures together in order to make a multi-elemental dragon or even a dragon consisting of an advanced element or CE that they know. However, in doing so they will only be able to create two dragons.
Note: Can only be used 2 times per battle.

Then you're ready for Great Phantom Dragons. This one comes with the Hungry Ghost naturally imbued in it. What does that mean in regards to the boosting rules? What do you think it means that "the user can only control two dragons at any given time" while you are able to create up to 5 of these?
Okay, but what if the enemy already has some kind of aura/armour active or is NK? Then does it tether instantly?

Would count as a debuf in the turn it's used, and for the four turns that the parasite lasts for. This means you can only use one boost in those turns, since all of your opponents techs will be debuffed.

Means you can create 5 dragons, but only actively manipulate two of them. The others are sort of just there on standby. Alternatively, you could just hurl the entire thing at somebody.

Drackos

Legendary
Kin
5,496💸
Kumi
97,804💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I'm not sure how that would play out off the top of my head. I'd have to think a bit about that scenario specifically.

And yeah. That's correct.

Next up:

(Inton: Namakemono no Ude ) Yin Release: Hands of Sloth
Type: Supplementary/Offensive/Defensive
Range: Short – Mid
Chakra Cost: 100 (110 w/ YY: Hands of Sloth) -50 per turn
Damage: 120
Description: This technique gets its name from one of the deadliest sins, sloth. The user begins by clapping their hands and focusing their Yin Release chakra behind them. The user creates several chakra arms (up to 8) behind them which are spiritual in nature. They do not appear to the naked senses, only Sage Mode users, Rinnegan and other Yin-Yang Release users can detect these hands. The best way to describe this technique is in relation to Madara’s Boader Jail technique. The arms are capable of physically interacting with the world and attacking or defending against physical constructs. However, the user can freely turn them completely intangible if they wish to bypass physical obstacles. The base usage of this technique allows the user to attack or defend covertly by freely manipulating the invisible arms. However, in their second form the user can add the “properties of sloth” to the hands which are dejection, idleness, and sleep. Dejection is a loss of will and focus translated in causing a victim to lose coherent perception of the world around them and weaken their ability to defend against genjutsu. Idleness is a loss of action which is translated to a hampered ability to cast techniques. Sleep is a loss of consciousness which is translated in a comatose state brought about by the sealing of one’s spirit if they are not sufficiently healed. The third and final form of this technique is brought about when the user introduces their Yang Release chakra which essentially makes the hands quasi-sentient and self-sufficient without the user’s mental input.
Note: all Yin Release users can use the base form of this technique. Yin Release masters or Yin-Yang users can use the second form. The final form of this technique can only be used by Yin-Yang users with a Yin affinity.
Note: The properties of sloth are spiritually degenerating properties. The more a victim interacts with the hands the worse they become. When touched by the hands once, the victim enters dejection and becomes unable to deduce A-rank and above genjutsu and unable to break S-rank genjutsu by any means. When touched twice the victim enters idleness and they become unable to perform techniques within a single time-frame. When touched thrice, the victim’s mind is sealed over the course of 2 turns and they enter a genjutsu that renders them a mindless puppet to the user. The properties of sloth can only affect victims if the hands are tangible. Switching between tangibility and intangibility requires a move.
Note: Genjutsu specialists and other Yin-Yang users can resist the properties of sloth through the use of counter genjutsu or Yin Release techniques like Yin State.
Note: This technique can be used once per battle. While in use, the user cannot use any non-elemental ninjutsu, Yang Release, or Yin-Yang Release techniques.

System001

Legendary
Kin
6,209💸
Kumi
10,911💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Basically allows the user to create up to 8 invisible arms. Undetectable and intangible, the arms can be materialised into the real world to attack or defend or be left intangible. When it contacts an opponent it inflicts them with the described Debuff.

No questions really

Drackos

Legendary
Kin
5,496💸
Kumi
97,804💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Better not see you **** up with these techniques tbh.

Time for the final three, starting with Yin State.

(Inton Modo) - Yin State
Chakra Cost: 200 (-40 per turn)
Description: Based on Hagoromo's Six Paths Sage Mode, those who have completed Yin can enter this mode to elevate their prowess but only in their spiritual capabilities. The lack of the Juubi’s monstrous chakra and natural energy makes it impossible for proper balance of both Yin and Yang natures simultaneously at such a high level. When entering this mode, users first gather their five basic nature chakras and their Yin nature. They then manipulate the ratio of their Yin to Yang chakra such that one nature almost completely overshadows the other, done almost instantly and effortlessly. The result causes the user to enter Yin State. Yin State is the state entered by users when they emphasize their Yin chakra over their Yang. In this state the user is endowed with a pitch-black chakra cloak with white magatama down the center, along the collar and sleeves. The cloak reaches down to the user’s ankles and covers a jet-black jumpsuit is underneath. The user’s nails, lips, hair, and sclera also become jet black. Along with the 4 Truth-Seeking Orbs the user will also gain a Shakujo consisting of the same energy and abilities of the orbs. The main attributes that users gain in this the technique Kuninotokotachi. Kuninotokotachi is a genjutsu technique that grants the user prowess on par with the Uchiha’s Mangekyou Sharingan. When casting genjutsu, the user’s techniques become strong enough to hypnotizes and almost completely control their opponent’s actions like Kotoamatsukami. The user also gains a nigh impenetrable spiritual defense through the shifting of balance, making him immune to any A rank and below Genjutsu none Doujutsu or Yin Genjutsu and a complete defense of up to S rank for other spiritual/mental based abilities ( not counting ones that deal physical damage ). The drawback to this state is that the disproportional amount of energy makes users incapable of using Yang Release techniques and other physically elevating techniques. Advanced forms of taijutsu movement (anything that requires chakra or is B-rank and above) also become unusable.
Note: This technique only last 6 turns and can be used only once per battle.
Note: One must have completed Yin Release in order to use this technique. The user can only use either Yin or Yang state on any bio.
Note: Once the technique ends the user’s spiritual or physical chakra is drained to the barest minimum for their survival, thus making them incapable of using Yin, Yang, or Yin-Yang Release techniques for 10 turns and incapable of using Genjutsu or spiritual abilities for 5 turns.
Note: Likewise, users are unable to use techniques above A-rank for 4 turns.

System001

Legendary
Kin
6,209💸
Kumi
10,911💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
lol 2014'r pls

Yin state, elevates spiritual prowess granting defenses to spiritually invasive techniques such as genjutsu and other mind related ninjutsu such as yamnaka attacks, also grants access to Yin TSB and Kunoi. It's got some mad hefty restrictions tho

No questions, clear enough.

Drackos

Legendary
Kin
5,496💸
Kumi
97,804💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
lol 2014'r pls

Yin state, elevates spiritual prowess granting defenses to spiritually invasive techniques such as genjutsu and other mind related ninjutsu such as yamnaka attacks, also grants access to Yin TSB and Kunoi. It's got some mad hefty restrictions tho

No questions, clear enough.
Damn the elitist is strong in someone who was telling me not even a month ago they weren't top tier anymore and it was bothering them.

( Kuninotokotachi ) - Kuninotokotachi
Chakra Cost: N/A
Description: This technique is the strongest non-kekkei genkai genjutsu in existence. Kuninotokotachi gives the user’s genjutsu powerful hypnotic and influential abilities and puts them on par with the ocular powers of the Mangekyou Sharingan. The user hides manipulative thoughts and suggestions within their genjutsu such that, when cast on an opponent, they are indistinguishable from their own thoughts. The effects of this technique are strongest the closer one is to the user, allowing the user to influence the actions of others even subliminally. Long enough exposure to the user’s genjutsu while under the affects of Kuninotokotachi will eventually render victims completely unconscious, unable to respond at all. At such a point, the only ways to release the hold of Kuninotokotachi would be for the user to release it themselves, for the user to die or an outside source to transfer at least 150 chakra from Yin techniques or 75 chakra from Yang techniques to balance. Because of the strength of Kuninotokotachi, abilities designed to prevent genjutsu such as mental resistances, barriers, and other seals of the like are ineffective. With this technique the only way to avoid genjutsu would be to prevent them from happening or stay out of range. On the defensive side, Kuninotokotachi allows for the user to reverse genjutsu like Sharingan Genjutsu and even release the affects of techniques like Tsukuyomi.
Note: The hypnosis of this technique allows for the user to mask holes within a genjutsu that would ordinarily cause speculation. For example, if using false surroundings for a sudden drastic environment change, the user could implant a suggestion that would force the opponent not to question how suddenly the environment changed or to ignore certain aspects such as “the water isn’t wet.” However, these suggestions must be spelled out within the user’s move and must pertain to the affects of the genjutsu. A user cannot force opponents to forget how to defend against x-element or make them use y-technique if the genjutsu’s foundation does not establish such foundations.
Note: The effects of this technique are strongest the closer one is to the target. Within short-range users can capture others within their hypnotic spell and completely take over their body within 2 turns. At mid-range the hypnotic spell takes 3 turns, and long range is ineffective. Those with genjutsu specialty can resist for an additional turn while other Yin Release masters can resist for another 2 additional turns are unaffected at mid-range and beyond.
Note: The user can reverse genjutsu with this technique once per turn (one turn cool down for S-rank and above). Should the user fall under the spell of Mangekyou tier genjutsu the user can release the affects at the cost of a move but become incapable of using genjutsu for two turns after the fact.
Note: This technique remains active for as long as the user is within the Yin State of Yin-Yang Mode.