Styles

Legendary
Kin
16💸
Kumi
9💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Sasuke didn't know Boruto cheated unless you have proof to indicate otherwise. He was reffering to Sarada specifically and to her abilities, which is a throwback to the databook entry confirming she inherited Sasuke's talent. In otherwords Sasuke knew he would pass and therefore Sarada would pass.

Actually the words Sarada passed too and Sasuke's response make it specific to her abilities(Sasuke's talent). Also if you look at Sasuke's routine he wouldn't be in a position to be keeping an eye on the exam There's no proof Sasuke knows or knew what the Kote could do. In language a response to a specific is always taken as a specific. Sasuke responding to Sarada passed too (specific) was exactly for that reason. That had no bearing or relation to Boruto's or Mitsuki's abilities rather to hers.
Iirc it is proof that Sasuke know he cheated. When he made the big ass Rasengan for the 1st time Sasuke looked deadass at his wrist and became disappointed that he wasn’t a hard worker like kid Naruto was.

salamander uchiha

Legendary
Kin
9,043💸
Kumi
6,082💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
First, how does postponing the chuunin exam have anything to do with an explicit statement of Sarada abilities?? I don;t see any connection here. Secondly you've backtracked your point now claiming Sasuke aware of the chuunin exam which all stands to reason that his knowledge of the Chuunin exam doesn't hold much merit to what you are saying so an "explicit statement" doesn't lead to anything.
The explicit statement was that Sasuke wasn't worried about his daughter which is a broad statement in the context that took place in the story with clear indication that there was set of team passing . If Naruto asked Sasuke if he's worried about his daughter in the final preliminary matches then that is more inherently have to do with her performances.
I'm not writing a wall of text as a reply so I'll keep it brief, Sasuke always knew about the Chunin exams. He told Sarada he was here until they're over. What I said is Sasuke doesn't know the specifics of the Chunin exam since he's not here for them or involved in them.

You're trying to make it into a broad statement Naruto made it specific and Sasuke's response made it specific. Naruto made specific reference to Sarada, not her team or anybody else but Sarada. Sas ukr response is in line with that and to it. So it's not genral or board as you claim it. The only way it would be general was if Naruto made a general statement which isn't the case.

There is no correlation between this particular scene in the anime and the Databook as I've already pointed out above. Like I said before, I agree that Sarada has the talent like Sasuke but that's not what this scene is depicting. Also this is just an extra addition to the anime so Sasuke statement about not worrying about his daughter was non-existent in the movie. After all, the Anime already made it clear that the whole new cast of new generation are prodigious.
It plays a massive part since it makes mention of talent of the specific individual Sarada in relation to Sasuke. That way the reason and intent of the specific statement can be understood and made clearer. The movie missed a lot out which Kishi wanted and the anime is adapting the movie adding detail so it's equally valid and I'm not referring to outright alterations.

You say Sasuke "doesn't know" the specific but the absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence. It doesn't really make sense in the context of the story to have the whole team mentioned rather than talking idealistically about his daughter in which the context of the event have been unfolded that had bearing to boruto team which in that sense, only Sasuke was aware of the situation more so than Naruto was.
Of course it makes sense since it would be in reference to the exam and not the individual. The moment the individual(Sarada) became the subject the information and response were in relation soley to the subject and her talents not the other factors. There mention would've made the atatement general sInce that didn't happen the explicit nature still remains.

I mean Sasuke have been keeping eye on Boruto for atleast the majority of the time in training so he should able to grasp things on the preparation for the next phase of chuunin exam. Knowing that Sasuke is smart, he should able to atleast have general understanding of the Kote device from his first observation unless you're trying to undermine Sasuke Intelligence??? We know The kote device involves the whole team to pass so it does stand as clear as the context is clearly pointing in that direction. Chronologically speaking, Sasuke did stayed on Konoha villages since he told Sarada that he will stay until the chuunin exam is finished. Sasuke havn't done any investigation since his last trip to Kaguya dimension only because he's awaiting for the scroll to be deciphered. Which means Sasuke should have some information regarding the preparation event of Chuunin exam from sticking around the village for too long.
Sasuke was training Boruto who wasn't using the Kote or displaying it for Sasuke to investigate. Sasuke has shown 0 knowledge of it, you can't get understanding of something you haven't seen or know it's purpose, that doesn't undermine intelligence in the slightest. The Kote device doesn't require the whole team to pass since passing isn't a condition of the Kote. Sasuke has been working on things like deciphering the scroll etc, why would he have access to the specifics of a match. Not even the proctors(actual observers) caught onto the cheating yet somehow Sasuke who has other priorities is ridiculous. Like I've said before the statement wasn't in relation to the team rather to Sarada and her abilities she was the subject of the sentence not the team.

I'm not going to repeat myself as I feel it'll be more of the same. I definitely don't enjoy typing walls of text feel free to write what you like. This is my last response on the matter.

Iirc it is proof that Sasuke know he cheated. When he made the big ass Rasengan for the 1st time Sasuke looked deadass at his wrist and became disappointed that he wasn’t a hard worker like kid Naruto was.
That's definite Sasuke knows he's using something to increase the size of the rasengan or to form a Rasengan. Which of those two he knows/suspecta though is up in the air since we don't actually know what he's thinking.

Last edited:

UnderTheRedHood

<div class="bbWrapper"><blockquote class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote"> <div class="bbCodeBlock-title"> <a href="/goto/post?id=21766900" class="bbCodeBlock-sourceJump" data-xf-click="attribution" data-content-selector="#post-21766900">AraigneeDuSoir said:</a> </div> <div class="bbCodeBlock-content"> <div class="bbCodeBlock-expandContent"> Nah. Shinki can't do shit against Genjutsu. And Sarada neg diffs Iron Sand with Sharingan precog + her dodging skills. </div> <div class="bbCodeBlock-expandLink"><a>Click to expand...</a></div> </div> </blockquote>Do you have a nice jacket?</div>

Vulpini

Elite
Kin
325💸
Kumi
1,092💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
That's why Shinki was placed against Mitsuki rather than Sarada. She needed to stay in her tier, and let the big boys scrap.
That doesn't really make sense, but regardless your excuse she still solos him by feats. Hype has never solo'd anyone, and that applies to Shinki.

And the anime isn't canon. Sarada was supposed to go to the finals with Mitsuki, Shinki and Shikadai. Which means, they're all on the same tier.

Hyuga Prodigy

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I'm not writing a wall of text as a reply so I'll keep it brief, Sasuke always knew about the Chunin exams. He told Sarada he was here until they're over. What I said is Sasuke doesn't know the specifics of the Chunin exam since he's not here for them or involved in them.
Well the fact is, so long Sasuke was aware about the Chuunin exam atleast to our knowledge then it only remains in that context. The question remains is to what extent. In the end of the day, There's nothing that suggest otherwise if it were not subject to change.

You're trying to make it into a broad statement Naruto made it specific and Sasuke's response made it specific. Naruto made specific reference to Sarada, not her team or anybody else but Sarada. Sas ukr response is in line with that and to it. So it's not genral or board as you claim it. The only way it would be general was if Naruto made a general statement which isn't the case.
How does that make any specific in that CONTEXT? If you take away a framework within the narrative and only presented differently in a more concise way to demonstrate the individual talent rather then the team then Naruto dialogue would have make an explicit statement on Sarada than what we got in the anime. In that case, Sasuke was aware of the chuunin exam which would fit align with the context despite that we can't gauge on Sasuke awareness.

It plays a massive part since it makes mention of talent of the specific individual Sarada in relation to Sasuke. That way the reason and intent of the specific statement can be understood and made clearer. The movie missed a lot out which Kishi wanted and the anime is adapting the movie adding detail so it's equally valid and I'm not referring to outright alterations.
Anything in the anime can be used to connect in reference to the Databook so nothing really adds up to what you're saying. There is no direct connection with this particular scene when Sasuke statement can be understood by the context which in that case again, he knew Boruto has Kote device and knew the chuunin exam took place. Anything other than that is just pure speculation but if the Anime left with unclear message with strong narrative pov, then it only stands to reason to believe that Sasuke response was more in line with Boruto cheating.
Kishi left out alot of detail also mean outright alteration as there's no telling what specific and changes that he cut it out to fit with the movie length.

Of course it makes sense since it would be in reference to the exam and not the individual. The moment the individual(Sarada) became the subject the information and response were in relation soley to the subject and her talents not the other factors. There mention would've made the atatement general sInce that didn't happen the explicit nature still remains.
It would have been true if Sasuke wasn't aware of the specific of the chuunin exam like you said, however that is still remain to be answered. The "individual" of Sarada is more subjected to the context that took place in the aftermath chuunin exam which would make no sense for Sasuke worrying for his own daughter going by what was shown. The statement would have been more explicit if they clarify Sasuke message he's trying to convey and or with clear indication on his stance with the chuunin exam.

Sasuke was training Boruto who wasn't using the Kote or displaying it for Sasuke to investigate. Sasuke has shown 0 knowledge of it, you can't get understanding of something you haven't seen or know it's purpose, that doesn't undermine intelligence in the slightest. The Kote device doesn't require the whole team to pass since passing isn't a condition of the Kote. Sasuke has been working on things like deciphering the scroll etc, why would he have access to the specifics of a match. Not even the proctors(actual observers) caught onto the cheating yet somehow Sasuke who has other priorities is ridiculous. Like I've said before the statement wasn't in relation to the team rather to Sarada and her abilities she was the subject of the sentence not the team.

I'm not going to repeat myself as I feel it'll be more of the same. I definitely don't enjoy typing walls of text feel free to write what you like. This is my last response on the matter.
Like Styles said, Sasuke knew he cheated when he peeked under Boruto Sleeves which means he should have atleast have basic understanding of what the device is capable of. Also not I'm talking about when Boruto uses kote device in the whole training. I'm referring to off screen training. Sasuke spent time together with Boruto but it's questionable if Sasuke was aware of the match and for all we know, Sasuke may have access information with chuunin exam inside the village while happening Off paneled. Since Konoha often broadcast the event of Chuunin exam so it's definately plausible that Sasuke just happen to stumble across a television but obviously the Anime didn't took the time to showcase sasuke 24/7.

Sasuke is not the person to be deciphering the scrolls when he couldn't even read through his rinnegan. The scrolls were handled by the Cipher corp so Sasuke is given more other priorities like he somehow have alot of time training with Boruto so it isn't stretch to believe that he spend time with his family talking about Chuunin exam or walking across konoha.

When he made the big ass Rasengan for the 1st time Sasuke looked deadass at his wrist and became disappointed that he wasn’t a hard worker like kid Naruto was.
Yea he was disappointed that Boruto pretty much took the shortcut route and was cheating.

Hyuga Prodigy

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
That doesn't really make sense, but regardless your excuse she still solos him by feats. Hype has never solo'd anyone, and that applies to Shinki.

And the anime isn't canon. Sarada was supposed to go to the finals with Mitsuki, Shinki and Shikadai. Which means, they're all on the same tier.
Well there are three finalists so you still got hope that Sarada will make it to the final assuming she beats araya.

It'll be Boruto Vs Shinki Vs Sarada.

Vulpini

Elite
Kin
325💸
Kumi
1,092💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Well there are three finalists so you still got hope that Sarada will make it to the final assuming she beats araya.

It'll be Boruto Vs Shinki Vs Sarada.
In the canon version it is: Shikadai vs. Shinki vs. Sarada

Mitsuki would get disqualified since he can't go all out.

Anime doesn't matter since it's filler.

Last edited:

Obito the supreme jin

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Let's be realistic here. Boruto, Mitsuki, Shinki, and even Shikadai are her rivals. Boruto's potential far surpasses Sarada, even without the Kote.

He defeated the shark ninja, who was in the Hoshigaki Clan with skill and speed and he even had the Samehada.

CTRL

Banned
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Let's be realistic here. Boruto, Mitsuki, Shinki, and even Shikadai are her rivals. Boruto's potential far surpasses Sarada, even without the Kote.

He defeated the shark ninja, who was in the Hoshigaki Clan with skill and speed and he even had the Samehada.
Boruto's only rival is his Father and potentially Kawaki.

Obito the supreme jin

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Boruto's only rival is his Father and potentially Kawaki.
You never know, Sarada is an uchiha who has the 1 tomoe sharingan and her mother's genes. She could potentially develop her Byakugou.

Mitsuki, on the other hand was foreshadowed to be the moon to Boruto's sun. You might be right in the fact that these characters could just be Boruto's friends but right now, Boruto and Sarada's levels are equal.

Mitsuki is the only one who is ahead of Boruto right now because of his Snake Sage Mode. The Boruto manga right now, is in the developing stages. It's just like Naruto Part 1: Sakura and Ino were rivals, we found out in Part 2 that Sakura was ahead.

Naruto had rivals in Sasuke, Neji, Shikamaru at the time. We have to see as the story progresses who exactly are Boruto's rivals but right now his teammates are up there with him.

Last edited:

CTRL

Banned
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You never know, Sarada is an uchiha who has the 1 tomoe sharingan and her mother's genes. She could potentially develop her Byakugou.

Mitsuki, on the other hand was foreshadowed to be the moon to Boruto's sun. You might be right in the fact that these characters could just be Boruto's friends but right now, Boruto and Sarada's levels are equal.

Mitsuki is the only one who is ahead of Boruto right now because of his Snake Sage Mode. The Boruto manga right now, is in the developing stages. It's just like Naruto Part 1: Sakura and Ino were rivals, we found out in Part 2 that Sakura was ahead.

Naruto had rivals in Sasuke, Neji, Shikamaru at the time. We have to see as the story progresses who exactly are Boruto's rivals but right now his teammates are up there with him.
No, the manga established its Kawaki and his dad.

Everything else is hopeful wishing.