Legendary
Kin
2,568💸
Kumi
4,572💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Alright, let's kick this off with the basics, what do you know about the Byakugan and we can move from there.
I'll give you what I know from the top of my head and then we can fill out the blanks in the next post, if you don't mind. Byakugan is one of the fabled dojoutsu, which means that the user has a special set of eyes which give him different abilities. The Byakugan was first seen in the Hyuuga and it was thought that they were the original owner until it was later discovered that it originated from the Otsutsuki clan, namely Kaguya herself. There is a difference in the Byakugan of a Hyuuga and an Otsutsuki in which the Otsutsuki doesn't have the ability to use Gentle fist. With the Byakugan, the user has the ability to see the chakra pathways of the opponent, telescopic vision and a near 360° field of vision, with the only blindspot being behind the neck, between the 2nd amd 3rd vertebrae, I believe. Furthermore, the Byakugan also has an evolution, similarly to the sharingan which is another dojutsu, and it's called the Tenseigan which I hoped to acquire in the future.

McRazor

Legendary
Kin
2,568💸
Kumi
4,572💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Same with the Byakugan, I'd like to give you what I known from the top of my head first, which might not be much if I'm being honest. It's an ability that didn't interest me much in the past so I've only got some general knowledge about it. Puppetry is the ability to control mechanical puppets using strings, or in the case of an Otsutsuki, remotely. It was first introduced with Sasori of the Akatsuki, who had multiple dangerous puppets that he used to fight Sakura. Later on, it was discovered that Kaguya was the originator of the ability, same as with the Byakugan. I also believe upon finishing the training that they can be submitted as a custom and there are some guidelines about their abilities and such. Also, I'm aware that there's an extra specialty revolving around puppetry but I didn't go far enough to research about it.

Vayne

Legendary
Kin
2,343💸
Kumi
10,812💴
Trait Points
25⚔️
Awards
Alright, you covered most of the main points. You're just slightly off about the blindspot, with it being above the first vertebra. Additionally, through the Byakugan thickness is not an issue, as it can see through obstructions and whatnot, making it ideal for your Barney bio! Some thing that has changed since you were last around I believe is the increased tracking capabilities afforded by the Byakugan, where it was undefined before, but now stands as an equal to a 3t Sharingan at x3. Continuing on the comparison with Sharingan, it also enables you to distinguish between clones and real bodies, whilst also allowing you to know where a person's chakra originates from. Although somewhat niche, I like those, and I believe they were used to form a basis in a sense for the Hyuga Tenseigan evolution, the superior evolution!

If you have any further questions, fire away! If not, we can start going through the Otsutsuki techniques you can learn, which are somewhat limited without Tenseigan Chakra Mode, and lack the fun of Gentle Fist. Honestly Otsutsuki could theoretically learn how to use Gentle Fist in the series, but I doubt any one of them would want to learn such a low skill in their mind, or train with a Hyuga in the first place.

(Dōjutsu: Byakugan) Eye Technique: The All Seeing White Eye
Type:
Supplementary
Range: Short-Long
Chakra: 15 (+5 per turn to keep active)
Damage: N/A
Description: The kekkei genkai intrinsic to both the Hyūga and Ōtsutsuki clans—descendants of Kaguya Ōtsutsuki. Those who possess this dōjutsu have it manifested as eyes with featureless white irides and no visible pupils. And when activated, the pupils become more distinct and the veins near their temples bulge. To activate the dōjutsu, Hyuga but not Ōtsutsuki clan members are initially obliged to use a rather long and specific sequence of handseals: Horse → Tiger → Boar → Hare → Rat → Dog → Horse → Dog → Hare → Rat → Boar → Snake. But once activated, the dōjutsu user is endowed with a range of skills.

To start, an activated Byakugan gives the user a near 360º diameter field of vision bar one blind spot at the back of the neck, above the first thoracic vertebra. Its vision can penetrate through any solid objects or obstructions, and likewise remains unaffected by blinding interferences. But that being said, certain barriers and the like may distort its perception. In addition, it is able to follow high-speed movements, which enables those with this dōjutsu to analyze their foes' actions and better react to them. The Byakugan is also able to see chakra to a higher degree than the Sharingan and ergo, identify where a person's chakra signature originates from. Beyond that, it can discern certain types of clones from the real person. And its ability to see chakra is in fact so acute that those who possess this dōjutsu are even able to see the chakra pathway system and the 361 tenketsu that comprise it. The Hyūga clan has gone so far as to develop their unique Gentle Fist style in order to capitalize on this particular ability.

Note: Hyuga clan bios of at least Sannin rank become able to passively activate their dōjutsu upon one month having passed since Gentle Fist training concluded. Ōtsutsuki bios never need to expend a move in order to activate it.
Note: While traversing the NW, bios with activated Byakugan are able to see up to two 2 adjacent landmarks away while those of sage rank can see as far as three away, but this doesn't extend beyond an ocean landmark.

Vayne

Legendary
Kin
2,343💸
Kumi
10,812💴
Trait Points
25⚔️
Awards
You are correct on all fronts. And I guess we'll cover Otsutsuki puppetry in that thread while normal puppets in this one, or both here, whichever suits you more. As for the specialty, it allows for one more puppet on the field iirc, as during your absence some people got ridiculous with the amount of puppets they'd have on the field. The cool aspect of puppets imo is that you could make unique ones custom wise that have their own set of abilities, something that could be elevated further through them being Otsutsuki puppets.

If you have no further questions, we can kick off with some of the basic puppets you can use and their techniques.

McRazor

Legendary
Kin
2,568💸
Kumi
4,572💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
You are correct on all fronts. And I guess we'll cover Otsutsuki puppetry in that thread while normal puppets in this one, or both here, whichever suits you more. As for the specialty, it allows for one more puppet on the field iirc, as during your absence some people got ridiculous with the amount of puppets they'd have on the field. The cool aspect of puppets imo is that you could make unique ones custom wise that have their own set of abilities, something that could be elevated further through them being Otsutsuki puppets.

If you have no further questions, we can kick off with some of the basic puppets you can use and their techniques.
No problem. I've changed the name of the thread so we can do both in the same. Yeah, looking forward to making those custom ones. I don't think I've got any questions just yet so we can continue forward.

McRazor

Legendary
Kin
2,568💸
Kumi
4,572💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Alright, you covered most of the main points. You're just slightly off about the blindspot, with it being above the first vertebra. Additionally, through the Byakugan thickness is not an issue, as it can see through obstructions and whatnot, making it ideal for your Barney bio! Some thing that has changed since you were last around I believe is the increased tracking capabilities afforded by the Byakugan, where it was undefined before, but now stands as an equal to a 3t Sharingan at x3. Continuing on the comparison with Sharingan, it also enables you to distinguish between clones and real bodies, whilst also allowing you to know where a person's chakra originates from. Although somewhat niche, I like those, and I believe they were used to form a basis in a sense for the Hyuga Tenseigan evolution, the superior evolution!

If you have any further questions, fire away! If not, we can start going through the Otsutsuki techniques you can learn, which are somewhat limited without Tenseigan Chakra Mode, and lack the fun of Gentle Fist. Honestly Otsutsuki could theoretically learn how to use Gentle Fist in the series, but I doubt any one of them would want to learn such a low skill in their mind, or train with a Hyuga in the first place.

(Dōjutsu: Byakugan) Eye Technique: The All Seeing White Eye
Type:
Supplementary
Chakra: 15 (+5 per turn to keep active)
Description: The kekkei genkai intrinsic to both the Hyūga and Ōtsutsuki clans—descendants of Kaguya Ōtsutsuki. Those who possess this dōjutsu have it manifested as eyes with featureless white irides and no visible pupils. And when activated, the pupils become more distinct and the veins near their temples bulge. To activate the dōjutsu, Hyuga but not Ōtsutsuki clan members are initially obliged to use a rather long and specific sequence of handseals: Horse → Tiger → Boar → Hare → Rat → Dog → Horse → Dog → Hare → Rat → Boar → Snake. But once activated, the dōjutsu user is endowed with a range of skills.

To start, an activated Byakugan gives the user a near 360º diameter field of vision bar one blind spot at the back of the neck, above the first thoracic vertebra. Its vision can penetrate through any solid objects or obstructions, and likewise remains unaffected by blinding interferences. But that being said, certain barriers and the like may distort its perception. In addition, it is able to follow high-speed movements, which enables those with this dōjutsu to analyze their foes' actions and better react to them. The Byakugan is also able to see chakra to a higher degree than the Sharingan and ergo, identify where a person's chakra signature originates from. Beyond that, it can discern certain types of clones from the real person. And its ability to see chakra is in fact so acute that those who possess this dōjutsu are even able to see the chakra pathway system and the 361 tenketsu that comprise it. The Hyūga clan has gone so far as to develop their unique Gentle Fist style in order to capitalize on this particular ability.

Note: Hyuga clan bios of at least Sannin rank become able to passively activate their dōjutsu upon one month having passed since Gentle Fist training concluded. Ōtsutsuki bios never need to expend a move in order to activate it.
Note: While traversing the NW, bios with activated Byakugan are able to see up to two 2 adjacent landmarks away while those of sage rank can see as far as three away, but this doesn't extend beyond an ocean landmark.
It's not for Barney though, haha. I'm curious what it means to know where the chakra originates from. I know that people usually also use the byakugan against genjutsu by saying that they can see that their chakra flow is disturbed. I guess that's one of the niche tricks people have come up with. I'm assuming it doesn't have any of the chakra nature differentiating abilities? Or is that what it meant before? A good thing that I won't need to do the handseals for it and that it's passive from the get go.

Last edited:

Vayne

Legendary
Kin
2,343💸
Kumi
10,812💴
Trait Points
25⚔️
Awards
Alright great. Let's get the puppets you can learn out of the way first. The training puppet is just that, a simple donated custom that has no battle usage. Unless you a few basic D rank tai puppets, this will likely never see the light of day. The following three I believe you would be familiar with from the series. Black Ant I believe was the one used in the early days to combat one of the sound 5, as it is good for trapping opponents, well as good as a C rank can get. Crow is somewhat basic in the RP, as it's main trait is having detachable limbs, something Black Ant also shares. Salamander is decent, as it has increased durability if it's weak spot is not being targeted, which I believe can open up some routes in custom making. Beyond that, it's another pretty basic one. Lastly, the combat puppet which can have customizable shapes and is used for most of the main puppetry techniques. It's a decent one as taijutsu can be used through it, with it potentially also doubling as an armour.

(Renshu Ningyo) - Training Puppet
Type: Puppet
Range: Short
Chakra: 10
Description: A basic wooden puppet, often used for the purpose of training. It looks just like an ordinary human, and in addition, is lacking any features that could be described as battle-oriented. Ergo, it'll have to rely upon just Taijutsu to deal damage. That being said, its design and structure enables a puppeteer to have multiple.

Note: Only useable by puppeteer bios.
Note: Courtesy of Alternative

(Kuroari) - Black Ant
Range: N/A
Chakra: 15
Description: Black Ant, created by Sasori, is a puppet that is often used in conjunction with Crow and, later on, Salamander. It has a bucket-shaped face with two red horns and a total of six arms. It, like Crow, has three eyes. Its body resembles a very large barrel, and it is hollow on the inside, making its main use to be that of trapping, while weapons enter the many slots on its body. At any time, Black Ant can literally open its stomach, and trap an opponent, able to extend the two halves of its stomach so that it stretches out and over the opponent from a very fair distance (approximately mid range) and then retracts the stomach back to its original form, closing it with the opponent inside. Its arm segments contain hidden saw-blades. Like Crow, Black Ant can detach its arms for attacks.

Note: Only useable by a Sunagakure puppeteer.

(Karasu) - Crow
Description: Crow is the very first puppet we see in the series. It was created by Sasori, but is later used by Kankurou. Crow is a three eyed, four armed humanoid. Crow is one of the more basic puppets, but he is able to detach any of its body parts for deadly attacks, almost every joint having a blade at the end, allowing Crow to shoot his arms towards the opponent, and then have them return back to it. Even his head has a blade that can be extended out from the bottom of its neck when detached. This ability made it and Black Ant a very deadly combination. It also has the ability, like most puppets do, to release poison-tipped darts and smokescreens, which sometimes have poisonous gas mixed with them.

(Sanshōuo) - Salamander
Description: Salamander is a defensive puppet, though not on the level of defense as that of Hiruko. Salamander, as its name suggests, is built in the form of a large salamander, being one of the largest puppets seen thus far, and though it is not more powerful defensively than Hiruko, it is larger than the other puppet. Salamander is able to rise up a large area on its back to be used as a shield, making a black shield over its head. It, like some other puppets, is hollow, and it can open its back at any time and then rise up its large tail over its head, stretching it out and therefore allowing the puppet user to jump inside of it for protection. Salamander can also spew out fire equal to C rank. Salamander can only be destroyed by one who knows its weak spots, being a weak joint on its side that holds the shield in place and afterwards simply striking it on its back, or by a move of A rank or higher.

(Sentō Ningyō) - Combat Puppet
Chakra: 20
Description: A basic wooden puppet, often used for the purpose of fighting. Its appearance can vary quite a lot, based on the user's preferences (up to 4m in height) and it can be hollow. Being a rather advanced tool, it is able to use any puppetry techniques, that are useable via nonspecific puppets. Moreover, it is able to use Taijutsu and with a hollow type it can serve as a puppet armor of sorts—thereby letting the user hide inside of it.

Vayne

Legendary
Kin
2,343💸
Kumi
10,812💴
Trait Points
25⚔️
Awards
Yosh, but Barnet could use a pair of eyes like that ! Detecting illusions through Byakugan is mainly through noticing the disturbance in chakra flow. Afaik it does not enable you to distinguish chakra natures, but it can decipher if someone is using an illusion on you. It can also detect body heat, which can have some niche usages.

Without Tenseigan, you can only learn a few techniques, so we might as well do it here rather in the Puppet thread. So, unlike normal Puppets, those of the Otsu do not require chakra strings and are practically independent from the user. They can reach long range and are capable of using basic taijutsu while being immune to gens. Honestly unless explored through customs, their usage imo is somewhat underwhelming. As for the Puppet cursing technique, it's a nice one, as it can be used as basic projectiles for attacks. However, the cool aspect is definitely the taking over people and forcing them to do your bidding whilst gaining access to the opponents thoughts through a mental link.

(Ōtsutsuki-ryu: Kugutsu no Jutsu) Ōtsutsuki Style: Puppet Technique
Type: Supplementary
Range: Short - Long
Chakra Cost: 20 (-5 per turn used per puppet)
Description: As the founders of the puppetry technique, the Otsutuski clan have made great strides in mechanical engineering which has allowed them to make various multi-purposed puppets. However, they've also made strides in the manipulation of these puppets, granting them the ability to utilize their puppets remotely and without the need for chakra strings. Otsutsuki shinobi are capable of embedding their chakra into their puppets to allow them to act on their own recognizance as pseudo-sentient beings, independent of the user's direct control. Because they are free enough to act independently they simulate robots or clones in this regard. As a result, the puppets are free to move about at much longer ranges than they would under the control of chakra strings. However, due to the advanced chakra manipulation required for this technique, the user cannot cannot use any sort of clone jutsu whilst their chakra fuel the puppets. The user can control up to 3 puppets in total with this technique and can maintain it as long as their chakra allows them to.
Note: Puppets used under this technique have the same freedom of movement as any other sentient being (clones, summons, shinobi, etc).
Note: For humanoid like puppets, aside from their mechanized capabilities, they are allowed to use ordinary, non-chakra oriented taijutsu.
Note: Unlike actual clones, puppets cannot be put under genjutsu, nor will the user gain knowledge of the puppets experience if they are destroyed or the technique is released. Puppets are not linked to their user through any means that would allow them to sense each other's presence through this technique.

( Ningyō Noroitama ) - Puppet Cursing Technique
Type: Offensive/Supplementary/Defensive
Range: Short - Mid
Chakra: 40
Damage: 80
Description: The user molds his chakra into the form of a green-coloured sphere. This sphere is held and can be seen as similar to the Rasengan in appearance. By sending it at an opponent, the user can use these spheres to temporarily take control of an opponent's body, effectively turning them into a puppet, with limitations of course. It also has tactical purposes, allowing the user to read the minds of those it enters, mentally linking to the user. These spheres can also have damaging effects, causing damage if used as an offensive sphere of chakra, similar to Rasengan. The user cannot use it for both puppet mimicry and to damage the opponent in the same turn. The user can alternatively use the offensive variant through his actual puppets, not the ones used from this jutsu.
Note: Cannot be used to force the opponents to kill or injure themselves.
Note: Only two puppets can be controlled at a time via this method and up to Kage ranked. Hold over the puppets last for only a single turn.
Note: Can only be used by Otsutsuki Clan bios.

McRazor

Legendary
Kin
2,568💸
Kumi
4,572💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I've hard the threads merged so it's easier. I didn't know the other thread would have only the Byakugan, otherwiseI wouldn't have bothered with making two. This should be easier now.

Alright great. Let's get the puppets you can learn out of the way first. The training puppet is just that, a simple donated custom that has no battle usage. Unless you a few basic D rank tai puppets, this will likely never see the light of day. The following three I believe you would be familiar with from the series. Black Ant I believe was the one used in the early days to combat one of the sound 5, as it is good for trapping opponents, well as good as a C rank can get. Crow is somewhat basic in the RP, as it's main trait is having detachable limbs, something Black Ant also shares. Salamander is decent, as it has increased durability if it's weak spot is not being targeted, which I believe can open up some routes in custom making. Beyond that, it's another pretty basic one. Lastly, the combat puppet which can have customizable shapes and is used for most of the main puppetry techniques. It's a decent one as taijutsu can be used through it, with it potentially also doubling as an armour.

(Renshu Ningyo) - Training Puppet
Description: A basic wooden puppet, often used for the purpose of training. It looks just like an ordinary human, and in addition, is lacking any features that could be described as battle-oriented. Ergo, it'll have to rely upon just Taijutsu to deal damage. That being said, its design and structure enables a puppeteer to have multiple.

Note: Courtesy of Alternative

(Kuroari) - Black Ant
Description: Black Ant, created by Sasori, is a puppet that is often used in conjunction with Crow and, later on, Salamander. It has a bucket-shaped face with two red horns and a total of six arms. It, like Crow, has three eyes. Its body resembles a very large barrel, and it is hollow on the inside, making its main use to be that of trapping, while weapons enter the many slots on its body. At any time, Black Ant can literally open its stomach, and trap an opponent, able to extend the two halves of its stomach so that it stretches out and over the opponent from a very fair distance (approximately mid range) and then retracts the stomach back to its original form, closing it with the opponent inside. Its arm segments contain hidden saw-blades. Like Crow, Black Ant can detach its arms for attacks.

(Karasu) - Crow
Description: Crow is the very first puppet we see in the series. It was created by Sasori, but is later used by Kankurou. Crow is a three eyed, four armed humanoid. Crow is one of the more basic puppets, but he is able to detach any of its body parts for deadly attacks, almost every joint having a blade at the end, allowing Crow to shoot his arms towards the opponent, and then have them return back to it. Even his head has a blade that can be extended out from the bottom of its neck when detached. This ability made it and Black Ant a very deadly combination. It also has the ability, like most puppets do, to release poison-tipped darts and smokescreens, which sometimes have poisonous gas mixed with them.

(Sanshōuo) - Salamander
Description: Salamander is a defensive puppet, though not on the level of defense as that of Hiruko. Salamander, as its name suggests, is built in the form of a large salamander, being one of the largest puppets seen thus far, and though it is not more powerful defensively than Hiruko, it is larger than the other puppet. Salamander is able to rise up a large area on its back to be used as a shield, making a black shield over its head. It, like some other puppets, is hollow, and it can open its back at any time and then rise up its large tail over its head, stretching it out and therefore allowing the puppet user to jump inside of it for protection. Salamander can also spew out fire equal to C rank. Salamander can only be destroyed by one who knows its weak spots, being a weak joint on its side that holds the shield in place and afterwards simply striking it on its back, or by a move of A rank or higher.

(Sentō Ningyō) - Combat Puppet
Description: A basic wooden puppet, often used for the purpose of fighting. Its appearance can vary quite a lot, based on the user's preferences (up to 4m in height) and it can be hollow. Being a rather advanced tool, it is able to use any puppetry techniques, that are useable via nonspecific puppets. Moreover, it is able to use Taijutsu and with a hollow type it can serve as a puppet armor of sorts—thereby letting the user hide inside of it.

I agree, they are fairly simple but unfortunately limited in our age and time. I will most likely be exploring custom possibilities at some point. However, yes I'm familiar with them fro mthe fight with Sasori. It was an incredible concept that early in the timeline. Later it got overshadowed drastically. I'm assuming they are treated as equal with elemental damage and rank? Or is their durability defined somewhat different?

Yosh, but Barney could use a pair of eyes like that ! Detecting illusions through Byakugan is mainly through noticing the disturbance in chakra flow. Afaik it does not enable you to distinguish chakra natures, but it can decipher if someone is using an illusion on you. It can also detect body heat, which can have some niche usages.

Without Tenseigan, you can only learn a few techniques, so we might as well do it here rather in the Puppet thread. So, unlike normal Puppets, those of the Otsu do not require chakra strings and are practically independent from the user. They can reach long range and are capable of using basic taijutsu while being immune to gens. Honestly unless explored through customs, their usage imo is somewhat underwhelming. As for the Puppet cursing technique, it's a nice one, as it can be used as basic projectiles for attacks. However, the cool aspect is definitely the taking over people and forcing them to do your bidding whilst gaining access to the opponents thoughts through a mental link.

(Ōtsutsuki-ryu: Kugutsu no Jutsu) Ōtsutsuki Style: Puppet Technique
Range: Short - Long
Chakra Cost: 20 (-5 per turn used per puppet)
Description: As the founders of the puppetry technique, the Otsutuski clan have made great strides in mechanical engineering which has allowed them to make various multi-purposed puppets. However, they've also made strides in the manipulation of these puppets, granting them the ability to utilize their puppets remotely and without the need for chakra strings. Otsutsuki shinobi are capable of embedding their chakra into their puppets to allow them to act on their own recognizance as pseudo-sentient beings, independent of the user's direct control. Because they are free enough to act independently they simulate robots or clones in this regard. As a result, the puppets are free to move about at much longer ranges than they would under the control of chakra strings. However, due to the advanced chakra manipulation required for this technique, the user cannot cannot use any sort of clone jutsu whilst their chakra fuel the puppets. The user can control up to 3 puppets in total with this technique and can maintain it as long as their chakra allows them to.
Note: Puppets used under this technique have the same freedom of movement as any other sentient being (clones, summons, shinobi, etc).
Note: For humanoid like puppets, aside from their mechanized capabilities, they are allowed to use ordinary, non-chakra oriented taijutsu.
Note: Unlike actual clones, puppets cannot be put under genjutsu, nor will the user gain knowledge of the puppets experience if they are destroyed or the technique is released. Puppets are not linked to their user through any means that would allow them to sense each other's presence through this technique.

( Ningyō Noroitama ) - Puppet Cursing Technique
Type: Offensive/Supplementary/Defensive
Range: Short - Mid
Chakra: 40
Damage: 80
Description: The user molds his chakra into the form of a green-coloured sphere. This sphere is held and can be seen as similar to the Rasengan in appearance. By sending it at an opponent, the user can use these spheres to temporarily take control of an opponent's body, effectively turning them into a puppet, with limitations of course. It also has tactical purposes, allowing the user to read the minds of those it enters, mentally linking to the user. These spheres can also have damaging effects, causing damage if used as an offensive sphere of chakra, similar to Rasengan. The user cannot use it for both puppet mimicry and to damage the opponent in the same turn. The user can alternatively use the offensive variant through his actual puppets, not the ones used from this jutsu.
Note: Cannot be used to force the opponents to kill or injure themselves.
Note: Only two puppets can be controlled at a time via this method and up to Kage ranked. Hold over the puppets last for only a single turn.
Note: Can only be used by Otsutsuki Clan bios.
So, the first technique is the activation technique for the remote control and then we post the puppets that were controlling, right? I assume I can post this to activate remote control and then post one of Sasoris puppets to tell my opponent which one it is, for reference?

I have a question regarding the last part before the notes. "The user can alternatively use the offensive variant through his actual puppets, not the ones used from this jutsu." What does this mean exactly? Does it mean that the Sasori puppets I control through remote control can use this technique themselves but only in the offensive way? I'm assuming they can't take puppets of their own, lol.

Vayne

Legendary
Kin
2,343💸
Kumi
10,812💴
Trait Points
25⚔️
Awards
They're treated as neutral afaik, with most having their own specific S/W based on what they want to do from what I've seen custom wise.

You are correct on the reference part. As for the note, it means puppets in the sense of the opponents you control through the cursing technique can't be used to use this, but your own puppets such as those of Sasori can be used for the offensive way. So yeah no puppets making puppets lmao.

These first set of techniques are, well, just what they are, simple and straightforward.

(Kugutsu No Jutsu) - Puppetry Technique
Range: Short-Mid
Chakra: 10 (+5 each turn)
Description: The user makes threads of chakra that are used to control puppets.

(Kugutsu Kemuridama no Jutsu) - Puppet Smoke Bombs Technique
Description: The user jumps up in the air and then manipulates crow to release several smoke bombs towards the enemy target blinding them in the process.

(Kugutsu Gorotama no Jutsu) - Puppet Scatter Shot Technique
Type: Offensive
Damage: 20
Description: The user manipulates crow to release several kunai from his body at the enemy target.

(Ranbu no Jutsu) - Wild Dance Technique
Description: The user manipulates Crow to bolt towards the enemy and begin spinning, striking them with a rotational force.

McRazor

Legendary
Kin
2,568💸
Kumi
4,572💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
They're treated as neutral afaik, with most having their own specific S/W based on what they want to do from what I've seen custom wise.

You are correct on the reference part. As for the note, it means puppets in the sense of the opponents you control through the cursing technique can't be used to use this, but your own puppets such as those of Sasori can be used for the offensive way. So yeah no puppets making puppets lmao.

These first set of techniques are, well, just what they are, simple and straightforward.

(Kugutsu No Jutsu) - Puppetry Technique
Chakra: 10 (+5 each turn)
Description: The user makes threads of chakra that are used to control puppets.

(Kugutsu Kemuridama no Jutsu) - Puppet Smoke Bombs Technique
Description: The user jumps up in the air and then manipulates crow to release several smoke bombs towards the enemy target blinding them in the process.

(Kugutsu Gorotama no Jutsu) - Puppet Scatter Shot Technique
Description: The user manipulates crow to release several kunai from his body at the enemy target.

(Ranbu no Jutsu) - Wild Dance Technique
Description: The user manipulates Crow to bolt towards the enemy and begin spinning, striking them with a rotational force.

Alright understood.

These seem very easy and straight forward. I don't have any questions about them except the part bout the Sunagakure note, lmao. Should that not be updated or removed perhaps?

Vayne

Legendary
Kin
2,343💸
Kumi
10,812💴
Trait Points
25⚔️
Awards
All of the old techniques that had village requirements don't need them anymore as villages don't exist, so anyone can use them.

Chakra Shield is pretty easy itself as it's just your puppets emitting chakra from it's hands for protection. Senbon is just shooting out poison tipped senbons from the puppets mouth, and smokescreen is used for a smokescreen :/ The last is using your crow puppet to tongue stab your opponent with a mouth spike.

(Chakra No Tate) - Chakra Shield
Type: Defensive
Description: The puppets arm will pop out in four different directions in almost an umbrella-like manner. The arm segments will surround the puppets hand, and from those segments, chakra will emit, each one making one fourth of an entire circle, making a shield of pure chakra.

(Senbon Ame) - Endless Rain of Senbon
Damage: 30
Description: The puppet will open its mouth wide, unleashing a torrent of senbon. All of the senbon are poison-tipped, meaning that a single hit by one could be deadly. These senbon can shower the opponent for as long as the user wishes.

(Doku Kemuri) - Poison Smokescreen
Description: The puppet will open its mouth and shoot out smoke balls that are imbued with poison as well. This can be used to obscure the enemy’s vision and to spread poisonous gas in the area at the same time.

(Kyū Karasukuchibashi) - Sudden Crow Beak
Description: The user detaches the head of his puppet, Crow, just as the opponent is approaching. The head then projects a spike from its mouth and stabs the opponent.

McRazor

Legendary
Kin
2,568💸
Kumi
4,572💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
All of the old techniques that had village requirements don't need them anymore as villages don't exist, so anyone can use them.

Chakra Shield is pretty easy itself as it's just your puppets emitting chakra from it's hands for protection. Senbon is just shooting out poison tipped senbons from the puppets mouth, and smokescreen is used for a smokescreen :/ The last is using your crow puppet to tongue stab your opponent with a mouth spike.

(Chakra No Tate) - Chakra Shield
Type: Defensive
Description: The puppets arm will pop out in four different directions in almost an umbrella-like manner. The arm segments will surround the puppets hand, and from those segments, chakra will emit, each one making one fourth of an entire circle, making a shield of pure chakra.

(Senbon Ame) - Endless Rain of Senbon
Description: The puppet will open its mouth wide, unleashing a torrent of senbon. All of the senbon are poison-tipped, meaning that a single hit by one could be deadly. These senbon can shower the opponent for as long as the user wishes.

(Doku Kemuri) - Poison Smokescreen
Description: The puppet will open its mouth and shoot out smoke balls that are imbued with poison as well. This can be used to obscure the enemy’s vision and to spread poisonous gas in the area at the same time.

(Kyū Karasukuchibashi) - Sudden Crow Beak
Description: The user detaches the head of his puppet, Crow, just as the opponent is approaching. The head then projects a spike from its mouth and stabs the opponent.

Sounds good, thank you.

I think they're pretty easy to understand so I don't really have anything to add. However, I have a question regarding the poison. I'm assuming it's a generic poison unless we have that medical school mastery? Back in the day you could have only one advanced field and I chose advanced sealing. Is it possible to have the poison mastery as well nowadays? Having it would be a prerequisite to make custom poisons for the puppets, correct?

Vayne

Legendary
Kin
2,343💸
Kumi
10,812💴
Trait Points
25⚔️
Awards
It is indeed the generic puppeteer poison. The med school masteries don't exist anymore, however if you had chosen the poison spec back in the day, you can maintain it across bios afaik.

Puppeteer's Poison
[spoiler[Type: Necrosis
Description and Effects: Puppet-users, such as Kankurō, can place poison inside their puppets so that they inject via hidden bladed weapons or through devices designed to release this gas. This poison is created to paralyze and ultimately kill opponents. Upon inhaling any poison mist or being cut by a puppeteer's weapons or puppets, the victim will be partially paralyzed after three turns. After six turns the victim is completely paralyzed and after seven turns, the victim dies from the poison. Puppeteer poison, due to being minimalistic in its nature, is as advanced as poisons created by medics and as such, both the effects triggered by inhalation and ingesting of it takes the same amount of time.

Symptoms are:
1: Difficulty breathing, loss of balance. Effects take place after 1 turn.
2: Dizzineess and mental disability. Your mind becomes hazed as do your senses. Vulnerability to Genjutsu ( requires +10 more chakra to expel them ), inability to perform 4 or more handseals or complex techniques. Diminished reactions and speed by half. Effects take place after 3 turns.
3: Loss of conscience: The target becomes near comatose, in a state of delirium and unable to Forbidden ranked attacks. Effects take place after 5 turns.
4: Death: People die when they are killed. Effects take place after 7 turns.
[/spoiler]

Another set of pretty basic techniques, with the last donated custom being the better out of the bunch, but somewhat obsolete since you are an Otsutsuki.

(Kugutsu: Samidare no Jutsu) - Puppet May Rain Technique
Description: The user will manipulate Crow and Ant to release a series of explosive bombs at the enemy target/s.

(Karasu Shuuren) - Crow Drill
Description: The user manipulates Crow to release spikes from its limbs. He then makes Crow fly toward the opponent while spinning rapidly, doing severe damage to them.

(Kugutsu no Jutsu: Mugen Bakujin) - Puppet Technique: Infinite Explosive Blades
Description: Crow's four arms open and then they shoot four kunai, which then home in on the enemy target exploding on impact.

(Kugutsu Hijutsu: Doku Kemuri no Karasu) - Puppetry Secret Technique: Poison Smoke of Crow
Damage: N/A (-10 per turn if Inhale smoke)
Description: The user manipulates an airborne Crow to release a mist of smoke from its chest.

(Chakura no Ito: Encho ) - Chakra Threads: Extension
Description: Extension is a technique to increase the range of physical attacks the puppet preforms. Chakra threads in this case are used like wires placed on the joint of the puppet. With puppets like Crow who can disconnect their limbs, the user can apply chakra strings into that joint to keep the parts connected at a distance, so with one hand seal the arm/leg etc can be drawn back into that joint from extremely long distances. This uses the chakra threads ability to latch on to things like a spiders web and as a result can be used as a real string or wire as seen when Chiyo brought her arm back to her during her fight with Sasori.
Note: Courtesy of Daemon

McRazor

Legendary
Kin
2,568💸
Kumi
4,572💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
It is indeed the generic puppeteer poison. The med school masteries don't exist anymore, however if you had chosen the poison spec back in the day, you can maintain it across bios afaik.

Puppeteer's Poison
[spoiler[Type: Necrosis
Description and Effects: Puppet-users, such as Kankurō, can place poison inside their puppets so that they inject via hidden bladed weapons or through devices designed to release this gas. This poison is created to paralyze and ultimately kill opponents. Upon inhaling any poison mist or being cut by a puppeteer's weapons or puppets, the victim will be partially paralyzed after three turns. After six turns the victim is completely paralyzed and after seven turns, the victim dies from the poison. Puppeteer poison, due to being minimalistic in its nature, is as advanced as poisons created by medics and as such, both the effects triggered by inhalation and ingesting of it takes the same amount of time.

Symptoms are:
1: Difficulty breathing, loss of balance. Effects take place after 1 turn.
2: Dizzineess and mental disability. Your mind becomes hazed as do your senses. Vulnerability to Genjutsu ( requires +10 more chakra to expel them ), inability to perform 4 or more handseals or complex techniques. Diminished reactions and speed by half. Effects take place after 3 turns.
3: Loss of conscience: The target becomes near comatose, in a state of delirium and unable to Forbidden ranked attacks. Effects take place after 5 turns.
4: Death: People die when they are killed. Effects take place after 7 turns.
[/spoiler]

Another set of pretty basic techniques, with the last donated custom being the better out of the bunch, but somewhat obsolete since you are an Otsutsuki.

(Kugutsu: Samidare no Jutsu) - Puppet May Rain Technique
Description: The user will manipulate Crow and Ant to release a series of explosive bombs at the enemy target/s.

(Karasu Shuuren) - Crow Drill
Description: The user manipulates Crow to release spikes from its limbs. He then makes Crow fly toward the opponent while spinning rapidly, doing severe damage to them.

(Kugutsu no Jutsu: Mugen Bakujin) - Puppet Technique: Infinite Explosive Blades
Description: Crow's four arms open and then they shoot four kunai, which then home in on the enemy target exploding on impact.

(Kugutsu Hijutsu: Doku Kemuri no Karasu) - Puppetry Secret Technique: Poison Smoke of Crow
Damage: N/A (-10 per turn if Inhale smoke)
Description: The user manipulates an airborne Crow to release a mist of smoke from its chest.

(Chakura no Ito: Encho ) - Chakra Threads: Extension
Description: Extension is a technique to increase the range of physical attacks the puppet preforms. Chakra threads in this case are used like wires placed on the joint of the puppet. With puppets like Crow who can disconnect their limbs, the user can apply chakra strings into that joint to keep the parts connected at a distance, so with one hand seal the arm/leg etc can be drawn back into that joint from extremely long distances. This uses the chakra threads ability to latch on to things like a spiders web and as a result can be used as a real string or wire as seen when Chiyo brought her arm back to her during her fight with Sasori.
Note: Courtesy of Daemon
So nowadays the old med school poison is tied to the poison AN?

I mean, I like that they're simple but a single custom could nowadays substitute a dozen of these, haha. Nevertheless, I like how they're simple in usage.

Last one is nice, but I don't think it will be of much use considering that Otsutsuki don't use chakra threads.

Vayne

Legendary
Kin
2,343💸
Kumi
10,812💴
Trait Points
25⚔️
Awards
Only for those that had chosen that route initially, but poison itself can still be learned as an independent AN without Med school.

Yeah, they're pretty basic.

A knock off spiderman web shooter that's pretty versatile, as it can be used for projectiles, whips, and to restrict opponents. The other three are pretty straightforward and direct once more.

(Chakra Ekitai no Jutsu) Chakra Liquid Technique
Type: Supplementary/Offensive
Chakra: 15-30
Damage: 30-60
Description: By pressing their middle fingers into their palms with their other fingers stretching out, the user can reveal a special spray cannons built into their wrists. These cannons can "liquidize" their chakra and then shape it into weapons such as whips and swords. The user can shoot liquid balls that can bind opponents or stick their hands together preventing making hand seals. They can shoot them at high pressure that they can even shatter rocks. The substance is durable and can withstand a strike from a solid metal. It hardens and can last up to a couple of turns before crumbling away.

C rank - Liquid Weapons such as swords, kunai and shuriken.
B rank - Liquid Whips can bind or pierce targets
A rank - Liquid Balls

(Jinsoku Karasuhane no Jutsu) - Rapid Crow Wings Technique
Damage: 40
Description: The user sends his puppet, Crow, rapidly dashing toward the opponent. Crow's six hands then project spikes and stab the opponent, sending them crashing to the ground. Crow then slams them with the spikes when they are on the ground.

(Kugutsu no Jutsu: Kaijin Tensen) - Puppet Technique: Revolving Blade Heavenly Drill
Description: Crow sprouts blade wings and then spins towards the enemy like a tornado and then slashes them then launching them into the air and releases explosive kunai near the target.

(Itsui no Jutsu) – Dual Virgins technique
Description: The user summons Kuroai to sneak up behind the enemy, pinning their arms. Kankurō then uses a mouth-bomb wielding Karasu that rushes towards the enemy, causing the bombs to explode.