2,726💸
Kumi
36,426💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
You must be registered for see images

Official Roleplay Test Application Thread

This thread is where users can apply to take the Skills Test and Battle Test in accordance with the September 4th Update. There are three types of 'tests'; the Skills Test, the Ability Mission, and the Battle Test. Further below in the post will be a brief description of each test type, as well as the corresponding application template. Failure to use the template in your application, or modifying it, will result in your application being ignored or voided. In order to apply for an Ability Mission, use this thread.

General Rules

• The Skills Test is always the first test sat by an applicant when testing for an Ability/Biography
  • For Abilities/Biographies requiring both a Battle Test and Ability Mission, roleplayers must first undertake the Battle Test and upon passing, apply to sit the Ability Mission. In the event you have not passed the Battle Test, you cannot apply for an Ability Mission.
  • Roleplayers cannot sit tests for more than one Ability/Biography at once, e.g. they cannot sit for an Advanced Uchiha Madara Biography and Yin-Yang Release at the same time
  • Regardless of whether a roleplayer passes or fails their test, upon completion of their test they are unable to apply for another test for 30 days

Skills Test

The Skills Test, formerly known as the Sensei Test, is a general testing method to gauge a roleplayer's knowledge and skills within the game. It is comprised of two components; the Test of Might and the Test of Wisdom. The Test of Might is the first portion of the Skills Test, and is conducted as a short battle between the testee and a proctor, wherein the testee's practical skills are tested. The use of customs is permitted for both the testee and the proctor. The Test of Wisdom is in written form, where applicants are presented with a series of questions related to various parts of the Roleplay. These can range from questions on elemental interactions, timeframe, or making rulings in hypothetical fight quotes. Those who are taking the Skills Test to become a Sensei will sit both sections, whereas those taking the Test for an Ability or Biography only have to sit the Test of Might, though the Head of Sensei reserves the right to test for and select new Sensei as they see fit.

Because the Sensei Test, now Skills Test, is now a requirement on all Tier 4 and higher abilities and characters, as well as the nature of the test itself, it has been slightly detached from Sensei status. This means that users are able to take the Skills Test without the intent of being made into Sensei. For example, if one applies for the Skills Test to obtain a 4th Raikage biography and passes the test, they may not be made into Sensei, though they can be placed into a reserve and called upon when deemed necessary by the Head of Sensei. More details on this are written further down in the post.​

Application Template

PHP:
[B]Username:[/B]
[B]Timezone:[/B]
[B]Average Online Time:[/B]
[B]Abilities and/ or Characters I am proficient in:[/B]
[B]Reason for Applying:[/B]

Battle Test

The Battle Test is similar to the Test of Might component of the Skills Test, where an applicant's battle competency is gauged in a fight scenario between themselves and a proctor, with an emphasis placed on the ability or character they are testing for. If undertaking the Battle Test to obtain a specific biography, the applicant will be using that biography for the Test. If undertaking the Battle Test to obtain an ability, the applicant will use whichever bio is in possession of that ability (with the sole exception of YY, as it is a Universal Ability). Like the Test of Might, the use of customs is permitted in the Battle Test, but it is not necessarily encouraged, as one's skill with the biography or ability they are testing for is the primary area of focus.​

PHP:
[B]Username:[/B]
[B]Test Type:[/B] Battle Test
[B]Reason for Applying:[/B]
[B]Link to Passed Skills Test (where applicable):[/B]

Sensei System

Firstly, members must follow a series of basic rules before and during their time as Sensei;

Follow the Rules of AnimeBase as a whole.
Accept the Sensei system as is written by Imperfect, and upheld by the Head Sensei.
Follow the instructions given by members of the Moderator Staff.
Be willing to help new members to find their way in the RP.
Never deny someone a training session on unreasonable, or non-existent grounds.
Never ask, or expect for payment from a student for accepting their training.
Be reasonably active within the Role Play, or accept that you may lose the title in favor of another applicable, active member.​

By not following any of these rules you acknowledge that you can be considered ineligible for the position of Sensei, and that by breaking them while you are a Sensei can have you removed from your position, either temporarily or permanently, and won't be eligible to re-apply for at least 3 months. When applying for the position of Sensei, use the Skills Test template, and specify that within the application.

Next, to qualify as a Sensei one must adhere to the following requirements;

Firstly, a Sensei must be active within the Role Play to a certain degree. This includes a minimum amount of free time you are willing to dedicate to the role and responsibilities of a Sensei per week. The more free time one can responsibly dedicate, the better a candidate a Sensei becomes. Additionally, a Sensei must have been a member of the Role Play for at least 6 months, and be Jōnin rank or higher before one can apply to become a Sensei. This is due to a Sensei's primary Role, to pass on knowledge of countless Jutsu and Abilities, thus, one must naturally have access to all levels of Jutsu to possess the ability to potentially pass on any Jutsu.

Next, a Sensei must have a deep, familiar understanding of the current Rules and Restrictions of the Role Play. This is because Sensei are called upon to perform necessary checks, and respond to quotes within ongoing battles within the Battle Arena, Ninja World, etc. As such, Sensei are relied upon to deliver accurate judgements, utilizing their knowledge of the rules to render correct, impartial verdicts on behalf of the Role Play at large.

Sensei also require some semblance of activity within the Ninja World, as they may be called upon to act as extensions of the Ninja World Moderator's will, performing certain roles within Arc's of the Ninja World, primarily as bosses found within the Dark Tower PvE Arena. As such, Sensei must be able to put on a performance as other characters, with their own activity within the Ninja World representing their capacity within this Role.

Finally Sensei must be able to write complete and understandable English sentences. This is merely due to the number of ways an erroneous statement may be easily misunderstood, causing confusion within Training, Verdicts, or Role Play, thus affecting a Sensei's capacity within their given Roles.​

As mentioned within the Restrictions, Sensei have a number of Roles they must perform;

Teaching: The primary, but not necessarily most important, Role of a Sensei is to pass on the accumulated knowledge of the Ninja World, and the Clan's therein. This Role requires a keen understanding of numerous abilities, such as Hidden Abilities, Advanced Elements, Kekkei Genkai, and Universal Abilities, as well as individual characters. More importantly, Sensei aren't just required to regurgitate the Jutsu and basic information of a given field, or Biography, but to also inspire creativity in their students. As such, they must be willing to go beyond the mundanity of posting a Jutsu list, with little regard for the student's understanding, and try to encourage their students in ways that benefit them in the long term. For example, this could include taking them through the existing canon techniques of a given field, and directing them to specific concepts and ideas with the canon techniques that may be explored within a student's own Customs, where applicable. This is but one example however of a Sensei going above the call of duty, and is primarily up to the individual Sensei on how they best think they can inspire their students.

To better facilitate the spread of ideas from a more diverse pool of Sensei than has potentially been allowed in the past, Sensei are capped at a certain number of students they can take on at any given time. This cap is soft-locked at 15, however, if each Sensei have reached their cap, and more students require training, the cap is increased incrementally for each Sensei until it is met again, and continues until no more training is required. This is to also ensure that no single Sensei becomes the "go-to" for any given field, and thus potentially takes on more than they can handle, for, if they were to go inactive, or require a break for whatever reason, they leave those students in a difficult predicament, and require replacements. This also incentivizes Sensei to primarily teach for fields and abilities they themselves are more enthusiastic about, thus making the training more likely to be effective, informative, and most importantly, fun for all parties involved.

Conflict Resolution: Perhaps even more important than the Role of Teaching, Conflict Resolution requires Sensei to have a keen, deep understanding for the Role Play, and the ability to remain impartial, and provide swift, accurate judgements when conflicts arise with differing reasoning, opinions, and more general disagreements that occur within Battles conducted within the Role Play. Unlike in the past, this is no longer an elective Role for Sensei, and thus they are actively required to help settle disputes whenever required, and possible. While potentially a harsh requirement, it is one of the key Roles Sensei, as those who should naturally understand the Role Play at a deeper level than the average member, provide the Role Play, and failure to perform as such may result in temporary, and permanent punishment, ranging from reduced benefits received from, to removal from the Sensei system itself.

Ninja World Helpers: A relatively recent addition to the Role of Sensei, they may now be tasked with objectives, and be given directions from the Head Ninja World Moderator, Drackos, on actions and specific roles they can perform within the Ninja World, in an official capacity. This is best seen within the Dark Tower PvE Arena, where Sensei may be granted control over the Bosses within, and pitted against other members to provide a realistic, challenging experience. When acting within an official capacity in the Ninja World, Sensei directly answer to the Head Ninja World Moderator, Drackos, who retains the right to reward and punish Sensei for their assigned Ninja World roles.​

Sensei Benefits

Extra Attribute Point: Sensei are given 1 temporary additional Attribute Point, which is automatically assigned to their Vitality Stat. This AP is only applied for as long as the user remains a Sensei.

Extra Submission Slot: Sensei are allowed 1 additional submission per cycle, which can be applied to any General, Advanced or Custom Field Submissions, in addition to the base number of submissions a member gets per cycle.

Sensei Pay: Sensei will be paid up to 2000 Kumi per month, the amount being decided at the Sensei Mods discretion, primarily depending on the quality of the work done, rather than quantity. An additional amount of Kumi will be rewarded to the Sensei of the Month, detailed further below.

Sensei Custom Slots: While they retain their Role, Sensei gain access to 10 temporary Custom Jutsu Slots. As an expansion to this benefit, for every month a Sensei adequately achieves a level of quality, or body or work, which is determined at the discretion of the Sensei Moderator, at least one of these slots can become permanent even if they drop, or lose their Role as a Sensei, provided they don't break a Rule or Requirement that necessitates a harsh punishment as a response. In the event such a harsh punishment is required, some or all these permanent slots can be removed, and rendered active only while a Sensei retains their title once more. Once the Sensei Custom Slots become universal, Sensei can submit them for any field which they possess, including Custom Jutsu, Custom Fighting Style Jutsu, Custom Element Jutsu, etc. In specific cases, such as fields with limited slots, such as Dust, Swift, Yin-Yang, etc, the usage of these Sensei slots within those fields must first be approved by the Roleplay Admin, and will carry their own defined limits, thus not all 10 slots can be utilized for Dust Release CJ, and so on.

Sensei of the Month: In addition to the previous benefits, once per month, during the Sensei Check one Sensei may be selected to receive the Sensei of the Month Award. The criteria for this reward are not simply tied to the quantity of work done, nor is it always a guaranteed reward. In one month a Sensei may receive it, then next no one might. It's discretion is up to the Sensei Moderator, with input from the the Head Sensei, and if needed, input from other Moderators. The rewards for Sensei of the Month itself include an additional 1000 Kumi, on top of the Sensei Pay for that given month, an additional Sensei Custom Slot to become permanent, and the medal itself, which will have it's own system to follow in the coming weeks months. Once it has been created, it will be edited into, or linked within this thread.​

Important Note

If it is ever suspected, or discovered that a Sensei Applicant is utilizing outside help in their Skills Test, they can, and will be banned from the position of Sensei, on a temporary or permanent basis, depending on the circumstances involved. Sensei themselves are expected to be the pillars of the community, with extensive knowledge of the Role Play, and its inner workings, thus it does not reflect well on their capacity to perform their duties when they cannot pass this Test on their own merit. That is to say, it is not wrong, nor against the rules for a Sensei to consult others for their opinions, or to ask for help in their duties themselves. However, the Skills Test is supposed to gauge an individuals own skill, and see if they are suitable for the role, thus, if one seeks outside help, then their capabilities have not been accurately gauged, hence the potentially severe punishment.

Finally, applicants are not chosen on a first come first served basis, and while there will be technically no limit on how many applicants may be chosen to undertake the test at first, a maximum of 6 Sensei will be allowed at any given time for the moment. In the event more Sensei applicants "pass" the test than are required to reach the aforementioned cap, instead of being rejected from being Sensei, they will be held in reserve, and used to replace inactive Sensei on either a temporary or permanent basis, depending on the nature of their inactivity. Users who have passed the Skills Test but did not apply for the position of Sensei will also be placed in this reserve pool. In the event one of these "Reserve Sensei" are proficient in a given Ability, Field or Character that any other Sensei aren't as familiar or proficient with, they can be granted limited power to teach students within their own Field as a Shishō. This comes with reduced benefits following the benefits of the Sensei Benefit system, and may include access to a smaller pool of Temporary Shishō Custom Slots, and Shishō Pay. Naturally, just like with Sensei, these benefits are given out primarily based on the quality of training done rather than the quantity, and is done at the discretion of the Sensei Moderator.

Last edited:

ReXii

Legendary
Kin
1,402💸
Kumi
222💴
Trait Points
15⚔️
Awards
Username: ReXii
Timezone: GMT +0
Average Online Time: Too much if we're honest
Abilities and/ or Characters I am proficient in: Anything close quarters oriented, Minato, Sage mode, a laundry list of abilities I've tried, Yang (gang).
Reason for applying: I'm enjoying my time in the RP and I'd like to help support it's continued existence.

Zatanna

Elite
Kin
4,926💸
Kumi
18,043💴
Trait Points
40⚔️
Username: Strix
Timezone: GMT+930
Average Online Time: 4-5 hrs (always reachable)
Abilities and/ or Characters I am proficient in: Tai/Sakura, K-tai, (best self professed user of) Med, Fuuin, Kin, Summoning contracts, Yang (gang), Paper, Sharingan, Poison, Sasori. Many other abilities Ive tried/learnt over the years.
Reason for applying:
As someone who wants to see the RP grow and help expand it, being able to teach people the proper way for them to use abilities will help them succeed. Additionally, having users capable of giving an official opinion on fights/grading is also an important job to allow people to fight and give them more experience and knowledge in the RP. Lastly, within WSE, I am very keen to help develop the story, lore and overall experience of the WSE for users as well.

Skorm

ιn ѕιlιco
Elite
Kin
10,956💸
Kumi
81,693💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Username: Skorm
Timezone: +1 GMT(+2 when daylight savings)
Average Online Time: 24 hours?
Abilities and/ or Characters I am proficient in: Iron Sand OG senspai back on NB, basic 5, ninjutsu, kenjutsu, fuinjutsu, taijutsu, genjutsu, tenseigan, yin, yang, shikotsumyaku, dark, dust, typhoon, yamanaka, chimera(hiruko).
Reason for applying: Well, i was a teacher way back in the day and i always found it fun and interesting to teach certain things. Since i am a very active member and RP:er there's a lot which i can contribute to when it comes to teaching.

Alyx

Supreme
Kin
799💸
Kumi
988💴
Trait Points
80⚔️
Username: Mirai
Timezone: -4 GMT
Average Online Time: Usually 7 to 9ish hours
Abilities and/ or Characters I am proficient in:
Kekkai Genkai: Byakugan (Gentle Fist Included)
Modes: EIG and Sage Mode
Universals: Fuinjutsu, Medical Ninjutsu,Kaito Taijutsu, Yin, Yang
Advanced Elements: Ice, Dark, Explosion
Advanced Ninjutsu: Ink Ninjutsu
Hiden: Nara, Inuzuka and Yamanaka
Reason for applying: I roleplay a lot, and honestly having been a senpai in the past it can a thrill teaching others. Simply have the desire to help and do better for the community.

Last edited:

Vayne

Legendary
Kin
2,343💸
Kumi
10,812💴
Trait Points
25⚔️
Awards
Username: Vayne
Timezone: +2
Average Online Time: Weekdays only from 3 to too much
Abilities and/ or Characters I am proficient in: CQC and related, EIG/SM, Minato, Summons, Ink, Nara, and a bunch of the old stuff such as Ice, Hyuga, Aburame etc
Reason for applying: Overall lack of sensei in general, and simply to have something else to do with my time here rather than shitposting on discord.

The_Empire

Supreme
Kin
6,343💸
Kumi
3,430💴
Trait Points
18⚔️
Username: Solf J Kimblee
Timezone: -5
Average Online Time: Five hours to nearly the whole day I am woke.
Abilities and/ or Characters I am proficient in: Taijutsu/Kenjutsu, Water, Sharingan, Orochimaru, and Snake Sage Mode.
Reason for applying: I have been around for a loooong time and gained a lot of knowledge. I like to hand what I have off to the next rper. I also use to be a senpai and was one of the few first ones. Teach gave me a reason to step up my game also when it came to fights and enjoying the rp more.

Squidy

Regular
Kin
1,554💸
Kumi
2,480💴
Trait Points
70⚔️
Username: Squidy
Average Online Time: 2-3 hours
Abilities and/ or Characters I am proficient in: Iron Sand, Akimichi, Sharingan, Summons, Water, Sage Mode, Sound
Reason for applying: I want to make Animebase great again!!

Ańbu Juniør

Legendary
Kin
6,838💸
Kumi
26,618💴
Trait Points
28⚔️
Username: Ańbu Juniør
Timezone: GMT -5
Average Online Time:
Abilities and/ or Characters I am proficient in: Inuzuka, Kenjutsu, Samurai, Taijutsu, Kaito Taijutsu, and Steel.
Reason for applying: Not gonna lie to ya. That 2000 Kumi per month and 1 additional submission per cycle looking mighty fine. I was a Shishō before for a time and had experience teaching people kenjutsu before it even existed as a field lmao. Really though, I'd just like to take a crack at it and potentially see my name it orange.

• Haha
Reactions: Daemon

Venom

Legendary
Kin
2,911💸
Kumi
3,679💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Username: Venom
Timezone: GMT -6
Average Online Time: A lot tbh. I've been working from home since march so during the week I'm chilling online from about 7am - 11pm. It varies on weekends.
Abilities and/ or Characters I am proficient in: Sound, Fuin (w/ Adv Fuin), Mednin, Dust, Kaito Taijutsu (w/ restricted ones), Toad contract/arts. Basically the Basic 9 too. Not much a custom guy.
Reason for applying: I've been here long and ready to help around officially. Especially playing those boss NPCs in the NW. I'd do that for free!

Reactions: Ańbu Juniør

Imperfect

Elite
Kin
2,726💸
Kumi
36,426💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Sensei Applications Closed.

Applications are now closed for testing. The hope is to have all applicants tested, and new Sensei officially approved before the end of the month. Rather than being conducted on a "first come first serve" basis, I'll be looking at everyone's "favored" skills, and be testing around those. Please be patient in waiting for your test, and keep an eye on your VM's in the coming days.

That's all from me for now. Good luck everyone.​

Reactions: Troi and Alyx

Goetia

Supreme
Kin
3,218💸
Kumi
109,579💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Sensei Applications Open

Sensei Applications are open again. They'll remain open for a week or two before I close them to start sifting through applicants. Applicants who have finished Yin or Yang will be both preferred and prioritised, but is not required. This is to lower the demand for mods to teach said fields, and ensure that there are Sensei who are capable of teaching the field(s) in a satisfactory manner.​

Reactions: Lord of Kaos

Jᴀʏ

Underdog
Legendary
Kin
1,115💸
Kumi
881💴
Trait Points
52⚔️
Username: Jay
Average Online Time: Less than I should, as I’m sure you are all aware.
Abilities and/ or Characters I am proficient in: Sage Transformation, Yin, Fuuinjutsu , Medjutsu, Kinjutsu, Kaito’s Taijutsu including Advanced, Sharks, Snakes (including ISM/PSM)
Reason for applying: A little more time on my hands, I was previously a sensei but as a result of personal goals that I set out to a achieve I could not maintain activity for a moment.

Alyx

Supreme
Kin
799💸
Kumi
988💴
Trait Points
80⚔️
Username: Mirai
Average Online Time: Usually 5 to
7 Hours
Kekkai Genkai: Byakugan (Gentle Fist Included)
Modes: EIG and Sage Mode
Universals: Fuinjutsu, Medical Ninjutsu, Kaito Taijutsu, Yin, Yang
Advanced Elements: Ice, Dark, Explosion,
Advanced Ninjutsu: Ink Ninjutsu
Hiden: Nara, Inuzuka and Yamanaka, Ronin & Samurai
Reason for applying: I roleplay a lot, and honestly having been a senpai in the past it can a thrill teaching others. Simply have the desire to help and do better for the community.

Reactions: System001

Matt

Legendary
Kin
827💸
Kumi
15,077💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Username: Matt
Timezone: GMT +10
Average Online Time: 2-4 hours
Abilities and/ or Characters I am proficient in: Areas i'm most proficient in would probably be Steel and Dark
Reason for applying: Figured why not as being a sensei isn't something I've tried doing in the past and why not give back to the community what I learnt from my teachers I suppose.

Vayne

Legendary
Kin
2,343💸
Kumi
10,812💴
Trait Points
25⚔️
Awards
Username: Vayne
Timezone: +2
Average Online Time: Weekdays only from 3 to too much
Abilities and/ or Characters I am proficient in: CQC and related, EIG/SM, Minato, Summons, Ink, Nara, and a bunch of the old stuff such as Ice, Hyuga, Aburame etc
Reason for applying: Overall lack of sensei in general, and simply to have something else to do with my time here rather than shitposting on discord.
Yin and Adv.Fuin now as well.

Reactions: Ańbu Juniør

Troi

Legendary
Kin
3,461💸
Kumi
1,914💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Username: Karui.
Timezone: Have no idea to be honest.
Average Online Time: One to two hours a day for heavy RP, mostly at night where I am, lurk often.
Abilities and/ or Characters I am proficient in: Taijutsu, Water, Earth, Sound, Rain, Leg Weights, Puppetry, kenjutsu, ninjutsu, Toneri Otsotsuki, Kakuzu/EGF, summons.
Reason for applying: You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

Skorm

ιn ѕιlιco
Elite
Kin
10,956💸
Kumi
81,693💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Username: Skorm
Timezone: +1 GMT(+2 when daylight savings)
Average Online Time: 24 hours?
Abilities and/ or Characters I am proficient in: Iron Sand OG senspai back on NB, basic 5, ninjutsu, kenjutsu, fuinjutsu, taijutsu, genjutsu, tenseigan, yin, yang, shikotsumyaku, dark, dust, typhoon, yamanaka, chimera(hiruko).
Reason for applying: Well, i was a teacher way back in the day and i always found it fun and interesting to teach certain things. Since i am a very active member and RP:er there's a lot which i can contribute to when it comes to teaching.
Reapplying using this but can add kinjutsu and Yin/Yang to learning fields as well as Leg Weights.

Last edited:
Reactions: System001

Venom

Legendary
Kin
2,911💸
Kumi
3,679💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Username: Venom
Average Online Time: A lot tbh. I've been working from home since march so during the week I'm chilling online from about 7am - 11pm. It varies on weekends.
Abilities and/ or Characters I am proficient in: Sound, Fuin (w/ Adv Fuin), Mednin, Dust, Kaito Taijutsu (w/ restricted ones), Toad contract/arts. Basically the Basic 9 too. Not much a custom guy.
Reason for applying: I've been here long and ready to help around officially. Especially playing those boss NPCs in the NW. I'd do that for free!
Reapplying. I have Yin now and about to get Ronin. Two fields that will need teaching more z.z

Zatanna

Elite
Kin
4,926💸
Kumi
18,043💴
Trait Points
40⚔️
Username: Zatanna
Timezone: GMT +9.30
Average Online Time: 12 hrs
AE - Crystal, Ice, Lava (Acid)
HA - Samurai, Uzumaki, Merchant, Cyborg/SNT, Akimichi
KG - Boil, Byakugan, Sharingan, DBP
AN - Bubblegum, Paper, Poison, Rain, Smoke
Modes - CM, SM, SHB
Universal - Fuuin (with ADV), Kinjutsu, Leg Weights, Med (forbidden med), NB Tai (with adv), SNT, Summons, Yang
Characters - Sakura, Jiraiya, Kakazu, Sasori, Danzo, Tsunade, Mei Terumi, Tenten, Sarada Uchiha, Obito
Reason for applying:
Was a sensei before taking a break because of family reasons and organizing a funeral. Was to participate again in helping people grow their abilities as well as their understanding. Additionally to help out when needed in NW and judging fights.
Mainly for the teaching.