Uchiha Josephus

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
There are many pitfalls to Obamacare, but I will simply point out the one that's affecting me and a good deal of people in my position.

To put it simply, ObamaCare forces an employer to provide health benefits to employees who work more than 30 hours per week.

Sounds reasonable.

However, employers cannot afford to do this for their hourly-wage part-time employees -> so their only solution is to cut their employees' hours below the 30 hour threshold. Many companies/local governments/etc have lowered hour thresholds to 29 hours (or 28, to be safe!) a week.

So now you have employees who weren't getting any benefits in the first place (and thus need as much money as they can get) now making less money per month due to cut hours.

Long story short, I'm making around $450 LESS per month because my hours have been cut. Granted, hopefully I can get a full-time job with benefits soon (I'm a Master degree student stuck in a low-skill postion), but the point remains the same for other jobs (it's hurting teachers really hard apparently).

In conclusion: Our government sucks (not just Obama) :devil:

Moss

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
There are many pitfalls to Obamacare, but I will simply point out the one that's affecting me and a good deal of people in my position.

To put it simply, ObamaCare forces an employer to provide health benefits to employees who work more than 30 hours per week.

Sounds reasonable.

However, employers cannot afford to do this for their hourly-wage part-time employees -> so their only solution is to cut their employees' hours below the 30 hour threshold. Many companies/local governments/etc have lowered hour thresholds to 29 hours (or 28, to be safe!) a week.

So now you have employees who weren't getting any benefits in the first place (and thus need as much money as they can get) now making less money per month due to cut hours.

Long story short, I'm making around $450 LESS per month because my hours have been cut. Granted, hopefully I can get a full-time job with benefits soon (I'm a Master degree student stuck in a low-skill postion), but the point remains the same for other jobs (it's hurting teachers really hard apparently).

In conclusion: Our government sucks (not just Obama) :devil:
Most can, they're just evil and greedy. :devil:

Reactions: Uchiha Josephus

Uchiha Josephus

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Here comes all the smart ppl who will try and prove they can hold a conversation about politics....
Hey now, don't insult them before they open their mouths. Wait patiently! xd

I'm not American, sooooooo.....I guess I shouldn't be here...........BTW Canada >>> 'merica
I'd move there if it wasn't so damn cold! In fact, it's too cold HERE!!! xd

Most can, they're just evil and greedy. :devil:
I don't doubt it. :|

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Here comes all the smart ppl who will try and prove they can hold a conversation about politics....
I'm honestly sick of people who go around saying "screw PLOTICSL" or "pitics are stupid" because they are the stupid ones who are too stupid to comprehend politics because they lack the brain capacity to understand the importance to discuss them

I'm not American, sooooooo.....I guess I shouldn't be here...........BTW Canada >>> 'merica
So why would you spam and no Canada is not better

Moss

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I'm honestly sick of people who go around saying "screw PLOTICSL" or "pitics are stupid" because they are the stupid ones who are too stupid to comprehend politics because they lack the brain capacity to understand the importance to discuss them

And yet, you're the one spamming and not really talking about the topic = spam.

Chibiusa

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

You assume I know nothing about politics XD I'm just mature enough to understand that discussing this over the Internet only leads to flames and misinformed opinions. I have a perfect comprehension on he topic. Underneath my silly personality, I'm rather intelligent ;)

If you would like to hold a conversation over PMs, I'll be glad to show you wrong you are to assume I am ignorant

Uchiha Josephus

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You assume I know nothing about politics XD I'm just mature enough to understand that discussing this over the Internet only leads to flames and misinformed opinions. I have a perfect comprehension on he topic. Underneath my silly personality, I'm rather intelligent ;)

If you would like to hold a conversation over PMs, I'll be glad to show you wrong you are to assume I am ignorant
@BOLD -> Yeah, I suppose I can agree with that. I just posted this out of sheer frustration, I didn't really expect a highly sophisticated discussion on the internet :)

Uchiha Josephus

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
America>>>>>Hinata>>>>>>Canada
We are better than you
LMAO @ Hinata xd

Doesnt that mean the owners are being pricks and not looking out for his employees?
Yes and no.

Yes, larger employers (local governments, nation companies, etc) could probably move things around in budgeting and manage to afford it. But this would differ on a case by case basis.

For the most part, smaller businesses can't afford to do so.

Last edited:

slaton02

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I can't speak on Obama care because I don't have enough info on it but I have hard good thing about it and hw it help many people, as well as bad things.