Lord of Kaos

Supreme
Kin
4,695💸
Kumi
92,153💴
Trait Points
25⚔️
As promised, these are the various Nindos that one will be able to have on their bio. To reiterate, Nindos are essentially the personalities of Ninja or rather, things that matter to them. These are all based on various characters in the Naruto World and things they either say, represent or have expressed via databook entries. Most of these Nindos have either a battle or narrative related ability, such as the Curse of Hatred being battle based while the Will of Fire revolves around a narrative aspect involving Rolls.

Bios can only have ONE Nindo which is mandatory, but won’t count towards your allowed Specialty count. There are 12 of them in total and created in pairs, creating 6 sets of Nindos that directly work against one another. These are as mentioned based on personality types such as humble and arrogant. Some of these may not have suitable names yet as they’re all based on Naruto characters and some were harder to use when the goal was to not use one character multiple times, except Naruto with Believe it! and Knuckleheaded Ninja. I’m posting these for some feedback and suggestions regarding the naming of some of these. I started coding this but for the sake of conversation, I’ll keep this simple. There might be slight changes to the wordings of these as the details are cleaned up over the next few weeks but this is essentially what the system will look like.
Curse of Hatred
Having the Curse of Hatred Nindo means revenge and hate fuels your character. Revenge against those who wronged you is what makes you grow stronger and strength is all you need. Choosing a Nindo type as a Rival, battles against these targets are more impactful and attacks have 10 Bonus damage applied. Alternatively, battles against these targets grant the user a 25% Kumi/Ryo Modifier in battles/missions with their Rival.

Will of Fire
Having the Will of Fire Nindo means creating allies and bonds are what strengthens your character. The bonds you make along your journeys are your greatest strength. Having this Nindo grants your character and up to 3 allies an additional 10% success rate in all NW related Official Rolls. Allies cannot have Armor-Sleeved Single Hit, Curse of Hatred, Hurts Good! or What a Drag.., or Art is a Blast! Nindos. Alternatively, should the user and his opponent’s enter battle together, they gain a 5% health and chakra increase for each ally with them. This percentage doubles if at least 2 allies have Will of Fire Nindo in the battle.

Believe it!
Having the Believe It! Nindo means the bravery your character has knows no limits, daring to charge into battle with little regard for their safety. Strike First, Worry Later is their thought process. Having this Nindo allows members to be capable of surviving death from major NPCs if the member triggers the battle twice per arc. Once healed, this will no longer apply towards that opponent. Alternatively, this allows the user the opportunity to be able to assist an ally at any point in the battle and enter the battle to help. This also allows the user to be able to have an ally enter a fight of the user’s at any time.

?????? ( Shy )
Having the ??? Nindo means battle isn’t your forte. Preferring to avoid battle through whatever means you can is how you operate, often choosing not to speak loudly. Having this Nindo means your character is capable of escape a battle in the Ninja World twice per arc against a NPC or RPer. This allows the user to be able to leave a landmark or a battle if logical and be unable to be followed for 12 hours, though this does not prevent the target from attacking them should they return.

Armor-Sleeved Single Hit
Having the Armor-Sleeved Single Hit Nindo means flexing is what you do. Showing off your power, boasting of your skill and more - arrogantly exclaiming you’re the best is a way of life. Having this Nindo means should your character overpower a technique via damage vs damage, their next technique will have a bonus 20 damage. Alternatively, the user declares an Offensive technique as a Signature technique. After each successful use that defeats another technique, the next use of the Signature technique will have 10 Bonus Damage. This also reduces technique cooldown time by 1 turn and resets usage count to 1 after each fight, meaning only one usage will be spent per battle.

Eye of Insight
Having the Eye of Insight Nindo means listening to your senses and your gut feelings matter more than what you’re told. You trust your inner voice and know there’s more to the world than just what you see. Having this Nindo means you are able to discern other’s Nindo after interacting with them for two turns, preventing Nindos from working for 4 turns.

Power of Youth!
Having the Power of Youth! Nindo means you know humility goes far. Unnecessary flaunting isn’t required to demonstrate how strong you are. Sometimes, patience and holding back requires real strength. Having this Nindo means enemy Nindos that target the user will now take double the time to trigger. Alternatively, the user declares a Defensive technique as a Signature technique. After each successful use that defeats another technique, the next use of the Signature technique will have 10 Bonus Damage. This also reduces technique cooldown time by 1 turn and resets usage count to 1 after each fight, meaning only one usage will be spent per battle.

?????? ( Logical )
Having the ____ Nindo means analyzing and strategizing are important to you. There is much to gain in planning your assault instead of rushing in senselessly. Having this Nindo means that after observing your opponent utilize their Core Skills ( HA/AE/KG ) more than 4 times, the user becomes capable of beating their technique with 10 less chakra needed, having observed their weaknesses.

Hurt Good!
Having the Hurts Good! Nindo means you’ve thrown caution to the wind. Planning gets you little in return and you understand that sometimes, you just need to act and not think. Having the Hurt Good! Nindo means blows to the opponent that draw blood causes a psychotic frenzy that increases the user’s base Speed by 1 and causes bleed damage, causing a drop in overall health by 5 per turn after two turns until healed. Each subsequent Jutsu increases the user’s base speed by 1 as long as the target is bleeding.

What a Drag..
Having the What a Drag.. Nindo means you really don’t want to deal with this. You’d much rather be relaxed and unbothered and as such, that’s how you approach most things: unbothered. Having this Nindo means that most Nindos that interact with one another do not apply to you and interactions regarding your Nindo are nullified.

Art is a Blast!
Having the Art is a Blast! Nindo means you understand self expression and eccentricism go hand in hand. You tend to be seen as quirky and even weird to others as you dive deep into the unorthodox. Having this Nindo means you are capable of defending against techniques that use chakra vs chakra OR damage vs damage interactions how you want thrice per battle. Alternatively, the user’s unorthodox nature extends even to his luck with rewards. His chances of failure in Official Rolls increases by 15% but rewards are increased by 20% when applicable. Kumi, Ryo, and Artifact reward payouts are increased by 20%.

Knucklehead Ninja
Having the Knucklehead Ninja Nindo means despite their best efforts, not everyone will always understand everything. You understand that there’s more to life than being smart and sometimes, ignorance is bliss. Having this Nindo means that interrogation and mind probing/searching/penetration techniques will require 10 more chakra than normal to work, though this doesn’t boost the Genjutsu’s power.

Last edited:

Lili-Chwan

Legendary
Kin
3,929💸
Kumi
2,318💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Curse of Hatred
Having the Curse of Hatred Nindo means revenge and hate fuels your character. Revenge against those who wronged you is what makes you grow stronger and strength is all you need. Choosing a Nindo type as a Rival, battles against these targets are more impactful and attacks carry a 50% chance of having 10 Bonus damage applied, determined via Official Roll.
This one is cool, I might choose this one... but it will make my character even more bitter than before xD

Will of Fire
Having the Will of Fire Nindo means creating allies and bonds are what strengthens your character. The bonds you make along your journeys are your greatest strength. Having this Nindo grants your character and up to 3 allies [ SINGLE ARMED SLEEVE/CURSE OF HATRED/RECKLESS/WHAT A DRAG excluded] an additional 10% success rate in all NW related Official Rolls. Allies cannot have Single Armed Sleeve, Curse of Hatred, Hurts Good! or What a Drag.. Nindos.
Also a cool one, I like the name.

Believe it!
Having the Believe It! Nindo means the bravery your character has knows no limits, daring to charge into battle with little regard for their safety. Strike First, Worry Later is their thought process. Having this Nindo allows members to be capable of surviving death from major NPCs if the member triggers the battle once per arc. Should the user engage with an NPC in battle with permanent damage active, he is able to escape with 1 health remaining, albeit unable to battle. Once healed, this will no longer apply.
The benefit of this one is not that interesting. This should have some other bonus associated other than just escaping with life...

?????? ( Shy )
Having the ??? Nindo means battle isn’t your forte. Preferring to avoid battle through whatever means you can is how you operate, often choosing not to speak loudly. Having this Nindo means your character is capable of escaping a battle in the Ninja World once per arc against a NPC or RPer. This allows the user to be able to leave a landmark or a battle if logical and be unable to be followed for 12 hours, though this does not prevent the target from attacking them should they return.
Call this one "Na-Naruto-kun..."
Or "Watching from the Sidelines"

Single-Armed Sleeve
Having the Single-Armed Sleeve Nindo means flexing is what you do. Showing off your power, boasting of your skill and more - arrogantly exclaiming you’re the best is a way of life. Having this Nindo means should your character completely overpower a technique via damage vs damage, their next technique will have a bonus 10 damage.
Nice... don't get the expression though.

Eye of Insight
Having the Eye of Insight Nindo means listening to your senses and your gut feelings matter more than what you’re told. You trust your inner voice and know there’s more to the world than just what you see. Having this Nindo means you are able to discern other’s Nindo after interacting with them for two turns, preventing Nindos from working for 4 turns.
This one is cool as well!

Power of Youth!
Having the Power of Youth! Nindo means you know humility goes far. Unnecessary flaunting isn’t required to demonstrate how strong you are. Sometimes, patience and holding back requires real strength. Having this Nindo means enemy Nindos that target the user will now take double the time to trigger.
Love it

?????? ( Logical )
Having the ____ Nindo means analyzing and strategizing are important to you. There is much to gain in planning your assault instead of rushing in senselessly. Having this Nindo means that after observing your opponent utilize their Core Skills ( HA/AE/KG ) more than 4 times, the user becomes capable of beating their technique with 10 less damage needed, having observed their weaknesses.
I need this one. "Shōgi Master" would be a fitting name

Hurt Good!
Having the Hurts Good! Nindo means you’ve thrown caution to the wind. Planning gets you little in return and you understand that sometimes, you just need to act and not think. Having the Hurt Good! Nindo means your actions are difficult to predict, allowing targets to successfully “sneak attack” NPCs, Summonings/Creations or an opponent once per arc. No more than 50 damage can be dealt and the health system effects will not trigger. Only solely damaging techniques can be used in this manner such as projectiles and streams but S/T techniques, seals or other techniques cannot work.
I don't know if the benefits are fitting the type. Why would a Hurt Good! type of nindo allow for sneak attacks? Shouldn't this be a pretty brainless nindo? And how would this work, would it just be a technique that can't be blocked?

What a Drag..
Having the What a Drag.. Nindo means you really don’t want to deal with this. You’d much rather be relaxed and unbothered and as such, that’s how you approach most things: unbothered. Having this Nindo means that most Nindos that interact with one another do not apply to you and interactions regarding your Nindo are nullified.
It's a cool one as well

Art is a Blast!
Having the Art is a Blast! Nindo means you understand self expression and eccentricism go hand in hand. You tend to be seen as quirky and even weird to others as you dive deep into the unorthodox. Having this Nindo means you are capable of defending against techniques that use chakra vs chakra OR damage vs damage interactions how you want twice per arc.
I love this one, it's a veeeeryyy strong benefit

Knucklehead Ninja
Having the Knucklehead Ninja Nindo means despite their best efforts, not everyone will always understand everything. You understand that there’s more to life than being smart and sometimes, ignorance is bliss. Having this Nindo means that interrogation and mind probing/searching/penetration techniques will require 10 more chakra than normal to work, though this doesn’t boost the Genjutsu’s power.
This one is amazing as well.

I feel like we're missing something related to the Blood Mist, something like an assassin type, bolstering killing intent or making one less prone to be shocked at gruesomeness or other fear-related abilities. It could work similar to knucklehead where the opponent are required to spend more chakra to use these techs, or it could just grant a roll immunity to them. Or it could just be a roll immunity to the fatigue rules.

There's also no Allure type of nindo, where your purpose is to manipulate, charm or deceit an opponent. "Alluring Flower" or "Snake-Charmer" or even "Pervy-Senin"

Another one would be something that benefits the lone ranger, like a Hermit type, where techniques can be boosted when battling an NPC in a lone journey. Lone Wolf or something.

Xylon

Legendary
Kin
352💸
Kumi
268💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I get where youre going with this. But the thing about randomness is
1: It takes away an element of control and certainty. So an outcome can be decided based on randomness. Which means its not competitive
2: On the flip side, in extreme cases. There is a meta of the most efficient abilities or skills that will likely contribute to victory. When that becomes apparent, people follow suit and replicate. Randomness can be an effective tool against that

So we should strive for the sweet spot where its mixes things up but not so much that control is lost. Its kind of like a scale between a battle simulator to a board game.

I dont mean to be condescending by explaining what might be obvious. I'm just writing down my context

I dont think personality should become a factor in winning or losing, unless its at most 5-10% of the times. But remember that it accumulates with other abilities. Some bios might become heavily 'roll dependant'. And to quickly brush over this topic: Yes, it does means the bio itself might suffer from bad rolls. But the more 'roll dependant' the bio is, the more likely it is that 1 of X amount of abilities kick in ([Probability of A or B, but not both] gets higher). And you might find that i complicated matters, but im trying to inform everyone that as more abilities with probabilities are introduced its possible to make statistically superior ability setups because the opponent might not have any control over outcomes. Thats the hazard.

I won't comment on what you think is an appropriate balance. But in my opinion, Nindos should be more deterministic. Like a Will of Fire Nindo could activate on the last 10% health and negate health/injury rules for 2 turns.

Drackos

Legendary
Kin
5,496💸
Kumi
97,804💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
1: It takes away an element of control and certainty. So an outcome can be decided based on randomness. Which means its not competitive
2: On the flip side, in extreme cases. There is a meta of the most efficient abilities or skills that will likely contribute to victory. When that becomes apparent, people follow suit and replicate. Randomness can be an effective tool against that

So we should strive for the sweet spot where its mixes things up but not so much that control is lost. Its kind of like a scale between a battle simulator to a board game.

I dont mean to be condescending by explaining what might be obvious. I'm just writing down my context

I dont think personality should become a factor in winning or losing, unless its at most 5-10% of the times. But remember that it accumulates with other abilities. Some bios might become heavily 'roll dependant'. And to quickly brush over this topic: Yes, it does means the bio itself might suffer from bad rolls. But the more 'roll dependant' the bio is, the more likely it is that 1 of X amount of abilities kick in ([Probability of A or B, but not both] gets higher). And you might find that i complicated matters, but im trying to inform everyone that as more abilities with probabilities are introduced its possible to make statistically superior ability setups because the opponent might not have any control over outcomes. Thats the hazard.

I won't comment on what you think is an appropriate balance. But in my opinion, Nindos should be more deterministic. Like a Will of Fire Nindo could activate on the last 10% health and negate health/injury rules for 2 turns.
You might get memed for this but I had the exact same concern. Hopefully it doesn't get ignored (probably will though)

• Haha
Reactions: Troi

Goetia

Supreme
Kin
3,218💸
Kumi
109,579💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

I see what you're saying, and I agree. Ideally, all Nindo and their related specialties are very specific and have a determined trigger point; once X condition is fulfilled you get a specific benefit. At least in my opinion. Some of the interactions between Nindo are very Rock Paper Scissors, but that's part of the goal; to change or introduce new potential interactions between players.

Geezus

Legendary
Kin
1,351💸
Kumi
19,495💴
Trait Points
70⚔️
Ninja Ways are a pretty cool system to implement, I feel this should definitely apply to every character when they are created. Basically what's your motive for being a Ninja. I can dig it.

A few questions regarding mechanics however:

Are there going to be more Nindos down the line or will it remain capped at twelve?

Also what's the capacity for a custom Nindo? Will that be something even allowed in the future or maybe even at the beginning of Nindo's implementation?

What role would having this Nindo ultimately serve for your character in the NW besides working as another modifier and what's the capacity for changing your Nindo down the line in case one doesn't suit your character?

Apriori

Regular
Kin
2,965💸
Kumi
21💴
Trait Points
110⚔️
Curse of Hatred
I am somewhat confused on this line of text: Choosing a Nindo type Just wondering if this Nindo applies to individuals or specific groups of people ( like Susuke Against the Leaf Village ). Regardless of my suggestions for this Nindo, I do ultimately think the gains could serve well to be higher since a roll is involved. Unless the gains is higher but I say that not knowing how will this boost apply to Justus and the 2 Boost Max Rule. If its an additional, bonus boost then maybe it isn't that bad and the value of this Nindo would be determined by the competing Nindos made.

If the Nindo is designed for one person, then what if the gains were like really suped up? Under the parameters you cannot switch who you declare as a rival and even limit it to NPC related characters? It helps bridge a greater importance for the player's story and their interaction with the Staff's story and characters.

If the Nindo is a specific group of people, including RPers? The overall design seems cool, not gonna lie. Simply declaring a rival gives me the opportunity to be stronger? I am not too familiar with damage values in the game, so maybe this amount pales?

Will of Fire
This Nindo is STUPID GOOD depending on the importance of team based missions in the NW. If those can be kicked up and made great, supportive based fighters could thrive in terms of importance to the group and the success of the mission. Last time I check, there really isn't the supportive character. Really just someone who may excel in supportive ( not damaging or defensive moves ) actions translated into hyper offensive or crippling builds. There is a difference.

Believe it!
Pretty clutch? This Nindo depends on how tactical the player is tbh. In my mind, sometimes surviving the fight ( especially when you gained something from it ) is way better than losing. And I mean, you cannot be killed. A Free Get Out of Jail Card for the one time.

?????? ( Shy )
I do like the idea of this but maybe it should be rolled into Believe It? Create an entire new effect? Not dying in a fight and leaving ( Believe It ) and leaving a fight ( Shy ) seems to devalue both.

Single-Armed Sleeve
Hyper offensive builds will flourish, especially of this bonus is an additional one on the 2 boost max rule? Am I getting that right? A Jutsu can only be buffed twice or like someone can only have 2 boosts activated passively at once?

Eye of Insight
Cool, I just think for the introduction - no Nindos that neutralize should be available to RPers. Let's see how they fare in the new overhauls before we make means to counter them so directly. Especially since most Nindos are even defensive or if offensive - countable based on the Justus someone has.

Power of Youth!
Not gonna lie. Thought this Nindo would have more a connection with the Attribute System being Might Guy inspired. Idk how quick battles be, but if they are fast then this is a great Nindo tbh. Prevent the opponent's Nindo from triggering long enough to finish the fight. This only becomes the Meta if Nindos become the Meta honestly.

?????? ( Logical )
What about if the technique can fight equally at 1 rank lower? Too much? Lol, once again. Not too sure how 10 DMG fairs in this game.

Hurt Good!
This works with that critical hit concept you were telling me about? If so, pretty damage sweet tbh.

What a Drag..
This is better than straight up neutralizing Nindos. This adds self-protection versus eliminating apart of someone's build. It becomes situation based on the Nindo match ups. Fairer in a sense, especially since the Nindo does nothing back to the opponents. It essentially, lets play the game on original no Nindo mode.

Art is a Blast!
I did not know there were different rubrics? Who the hell would dislike this! I guess it depends on the Meta. What if it became more a resource thing tho? More chakra to trigger this effect? Most people's Nindos work throughout the battle theoretically, versus this two off. But maybe this effect is extremely strong. Ya know more than me.

Knucklehead Ninja
Would this make people Genjutsu or Spiritual Defense better? The concept discussed in the Attributes? If not, how ya feel about it doing that?

Last edited: