[ Mayhem Crisis ] The Trial of Heroism

Kin
1,010💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
19⚔️

You must be registered for see images
Emerald Bay is a small island that sits with Lake Tahoe. The bay has now been designated a National Natural Landmark due to the natural beauty that this small island provides. There are two camping grounds and a scenic foot trail that goes around the outside of the island. The island was established in 1968 with a grand length of 6.20 km2 long. It is rumored to be the stomping grounds for a notorious Vigilante Group that resides near the camp grounds of the island. They are known to enforce absolute justice, one that disregards every characteristic about a person and their circumstance. The only sentence is death.​

Crisis Rubric
→ Only the [ ] Character, the [ Naomi ] Character, the [ Silvio ] Character, and the [ Visi Rossa ] Character can Post in this Thread. Only Exceptions to this Rule are Characters that Perform a Cross Over.

→ Proper Participation differs amongst roles. For the R Character, proper participation will remain a mystery until the time calls for revelation. Only then will the Students involve themselves in the pursuit to defeat any character aligned with R as well rescue the innocent when mayhem breaks loose.

→ You are free to do whatever you please, however remember your actions have consequences whether they are deemed positive or negative. You Cannot Power-Play, Meta-Game, or God-Mod Professor Smith who is Present when the Thread Opens.​

Objectives
→ The Crisis is Deemed a Story Mode. Although the actions of every individual may warrant negative or positive consequences, there are no definitive method of determining a winner of this Crisis because there is no traditional Win / Lose scenario. Both sides can complete their objective, thus deemed winners. In the circumstance someone is unable to complete their objective will definitely be considered a loser.

→ Part One [1] Phase One will Last 48 Hours unless each character currently in the thread posts, which then an update post may be made earlier than expected. Approaching the scene is Professor Smith who is the chaperone for Naomi, Silvio, and Nejire.

→ Each Character Cannot Post More Than Twice Each Post ( No More than 300 Words Each Post Please ). Heroes should be posting about their travel to the location via school bus ( which is consisting of multiple fodder NPCs whom are peers ).​

Time of Day + Weather Condition
→ Evening, Afternoon [ Clear Skies, 4:00 P.M]​

Last edited:

Ushiro

Legendary
Kin
620💸
Kumi
93💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Silvio squirmed uncomfortably in his seat. Looking down, he frowned at the pitiful state of his legs. They were crammed into this narrow space between his seat and the one in front of him, such that his knees scraped against the backside with every movement. Having fur as a buffer made it somewhat bearable. But it isn’t enough. These poor legs deserve FREEDOM.

The wolf-man carefully reviewed his options: Stand, and surely break his neck on the next bump. Tuck in, and look ridiculous holding his knees to his chest. Switch to the aisle seat, and wake up the girl who’s a little too comfortable using his arm as a pillow. It’s not even nighttime! Is the ride that boring?!

Annoyed, Silvio scanned the bus for something to distract himself with. As nice as the window seat was, the view wasn’t anything special. For a moment he thought everything he’d done at the camp grounds had gone to waste and he’d have to start from square one. But then he notices a pair of cat ears poking out from behind the seat in front of him. “Naomi?” He reaches over and tries to pull them off her head. “Ow!” A guy yelps, rubbing his actual cat ear and glaring at him with an actual cat face. Silvio puts his hands up. “My bad....thought you were someone else...” he says, laughing weakly. He then turns around and finds the tinkerer herself sitting behind him. “So, how are you enjoying the trip so far?” he asks with a obvious sarcastic tone. He’s smiling but still looking miserable. Regardless, he's glad to see a familiar face.

Hokusai

Legendary
Kin
135💸
Kumi
271💴
Trait Points
31⚔️
And so the buses had arrived at the campsite, taking in a certain amount of students as they headed off into different areas across the country. Some were off to the city while some in the countryside, making it quite apparent that we might not see any of the others for some the rest of the day. Naomi sat down with her companion in a seat by themselves. Naomi had her earphones in as she played some music on her phone; it wasn’t until she felt some tugging on her shirt that Happy notified her of Silvio trying to speak to her. She lowered the music in time to hear what he said. She looked out the window only to find herself feeling a bit lonely without some of the others around. “It is for now…I haven’t seen much of California honestly so it’s a nice change of pace for once…” she said.

She yawned as she did a minor stretch. “I wonder where we are going…” she thought to herself but never the less she turned her music back up some more but enough to hear Silvio still in the event he wanted to speak more. It became apparent Naomi wasn’t in the mood for a conversation to last more than a few words. Happy was busy looking out the window being amazed by the vast world around him as he learned new things.

Zatanna

Elite
Kin
2,412💸
Kumi
308💴
Trait Points
26⚔️

Nejire was humming as she sat on the bus, excited at the prospect of the field trip. She didnt know where she was going but the more the bus travelled the more excited she got as they travelled closer towards the beautiful nature that surrounded the sprawling city. There was some idle chatter on the bus, and Nejire sat talking with fellow classmates as they rolled along.

Im so excited about today! We are getting to go out and do some schoolwork outside of school! No doubt we will learn more about how to be a hero while outside of school! This is gonna be so cool!

Nejire kept talking to her friends and students as she sat excitedly watching the landscape pass.
soon enough theyd look towards Emerald Park and begin activities to work on being a hero!

You must be registered for see medias

Last edited by a moderator:
Kin
1,010💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
19⚔️

Professor Smith took his seat at the head of the bus, believing that he needed to be in front of all the students. Assigned the chaperone, the professor was tasked with testing the growth of the students thus. Unlike his other peers, the professor saw more value in ensuring that the future of heroism was left under the watchful eye of wholesome people. In this era of justice, it seemed only power and popularity was important. Those characteristics judged whether the hero was significant. Such grading disgusted Professor Smith. Therefore, he was taking the students to Emerald Park. A sanctuary for the unsung heroes of the community.

Emerald Park was legally sanctioned by the State of California as a reservation for camp refuges aiming to immigrate to America. Because of the hostile opinions and feelings against immigrants, many years ago, the governing bodies of California felt it would prove beneficial to give them rich land that provided them all their essential needs to live. Of course, that only enticed the bigots which sparked attacks. These attacks would only stop once the Hero Association stepped in. They taught the people born with extraordinary powers on how to combat against tyranny. To this day, Emerald Park remained a sanctuary for the immigrant brave enough to make the travel.

Professor Smith could not help but smile, especially because he was one of those immigrants long ago. He decided this destination was important for the students today. To test what they deemed true justice.

“Ahhhh. My Students! We have almost arrived. You guys must be wondering where we are heading. In Due time, I shall explain everything but for now we will be arriving at Emerald Park in five minutes.”

Part Update: Part II Begins ( Last 48 Hours ):
→ Students can post arriing to Emerald Park and even departing from the bus. Converse with some of the immigrants currently living there. Some of them are recent ones while others have been there awaiting approval to become full American citizens. The age of anyone of these immigrants can vary from pre-teen to the elderly.

All_Red

Regular
Kin
3,234💸
Kumi
1,942💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
He was a tired old man, of Mexican decent. He had come to America a few years ago in hopes he may start a new leave despite his age, but the tedious system that is the American Immigration system stretched it out for 3 years, now going into 4. But none the less the man was happy despite all that, because today he was to get his citizenship. Visi too was happy, and over dramatically in tears at his story, which was told in a much more dragged out version then what was explained above, but regardless Visi was over dramatically crying for him.

"Sono così felice. You finally get to start a new leaf legally. How are your children reacting," she asked to him while crying.

The man, as I mentioned was tired, and had no energy to spend with this dramatic girl. But no matter how hard he tried, and he tried: he made his story as boring as possible, tried to introduce her to other old people with more energy, and even plainly told her if she could talk to some one else. This did nothing as she would ask him another question, wonder about his past, listen attentively to his boring stories, or even just beg him when he told her to piss off, to tell her di più. This man was tired, and wanted her to go. Anyone, from the heroes that were on that bus, to the other immigrants could see that he wanted to be alone if anything. All but Visi.

"Oh, mio Dio," the old man said to himself.
*Oh, my God*

"Oh so you can speak Italian!"

Ushiro

Legendary
Kin
620💸
Kumi
93💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Silvio practically dives from the bus the moment it’s doors open to the outside. Other students have to scurry away just to avoid being trampled by his large frame. “Aahh~” A groan of pleasure escapes him as he’s finally able to stretch his sore legs in the open air. Getting to move again isn’t the only reason for his eagerness. When he’d caught wind of where the bus was headed he could hardly believe it. He had heard of Emerald Park and knew it was in California but only then did he consider the possibility of going there himself. It was the very place Silvio’s mother had arrived after immigrating from Mexico before he was born, and from the stories she told, it held great significance for her. Well no wonder, he thought to himself. It’s a paradise. From the pristine, natural landscape to its isolated state, the island was akin to an oasis in the heavily commercialized Californian landscape.

Before wandering off to explore, Silvio remembered that he was indeed on a field trip and not on vacation. He approaches Professor Smith and stands close beside him. One might say uncomfortably close. “You’ve got excellent taste Professor, bringing us here of all places.” he says, trying not to look strange while attempting to memorize the Professor’s scent. He puts a furry arm around his shoulders for good measure. Yeah, that’s ordinary behavior. “I feel sorry for the other students. I can see why they call you the coolest Professor in Horizon. Look, i’m pretty new to the whole ‘hero training’ thing. If there’s anything I shouldn't do while i’m here, please let me know. If you want to tell us what we’re doing here...feel free to hold on to that. No rush.”

Having established a beacon of sorts to keep track of as he moved about, Silvio took his time taking in the smell of fresh air and abundant wildlife. But like nails on a chalkboard, a overexcited voice cut the serene atmosphere like a knife. A poor old man was being verbally assaulted by a girl who seemed completely obsessed with him. He could see it in his eyes, a desperate plea. This elderly gentleman clearly did not want to spend what little remained of his life trapped in this situation. Silvio could relate, having felt the same way on the bus ride here. "Hey! Let him die in peace!" he snarls. He bounds over to her in an almost feral manner, exaggerating his movements to the point that he seems barely in control. Silvio's tall, wolfish form looms over her like a starving predator. "Ask one more question and you'll be the first one to meet El Segador! That's 'The Reaper' ... en español!"

All_Red

Regular
Kin
3,234💸
Kumi
1,942💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Her eyes began to sparkle, and her breath began to escalate as her pulps enlarged. In the many romantic books she read as child her favorite ones ad been abut the brash protagonists always going about tier ideological and philosophical beliefs in a grand manor. Of the various protagonists she liked, the ones that were some kind of monster or mythical beast such as: vampire, Dracula, phoenix and now more coincidentally: werewolf. So seeing this bug nosed, furry legged person talk to her like that, no even less, talk to her, really got Visi's head going. Everything was going just like in the books, werewolf goes out of way to confront girl > next up was girl act really tough and hard to get. Visi never liked that part, if the werewolf really liked the girl and the girl the werewolf, why did they not say it from the get go? So she was going to do that, do what was never done in the books say it at the get - go.

"Oh, I like el sagador," *wink* "right, sagador?" Visi mentally applauded herself for her flirt, not only did it get the message across, but she also asked a question at the same time! Breaking his rules making her disubbidiente (naughty).

This distraction provided by the Silvio allowed the old man to skedaddle outa there faster then he did in his 70 or so years he has been on this planet. Visi didn't mind though, her eyes and attention was on the man err, werewolf in front of her.

Last edited:

Hokusai

Legendary
Kin
135💸
Kumi
271💴
Trait Points
31⚔️
Alas, the bus had come to a complete stop, with the driver directing each of the students off the bus. Naomi would silently walk around with her earbuds in as she took in the amazing scenery. She wasn’t always fond of heading into the wilderness, having preferred to stay within the indoors to work on her technology but in the end, she figured it was time to get some fresh air. Once she started to walk around to wake her legs up, she saw some of the natives here of the Emerald Park. One little girl, in particular, came up to Naomi.

Hey! How are you?” she asked the little girl. The child would point to her mouth, then do several hand gestures. Oh, she’s mute. “Happy can you help me out here…” she asked her little companion. The android would search his database and explains he has no information about it in his system. Useless as ever. She took out her cellphone, with a quick search she managed to find a dictionary for sign language. Naomi quickly tried to do a few signs but the little girl laughed. As she pointed to the phone screen so that she can “talk”.

Hello, my name is Rebecca! What’s your name?” she pointed out. Naomi pointed back and spelled out her name. The girl was happy to be communicating with her. “That’s a pretty name! Are you a hero?” she asked. Naomi would nod in response. The two continued to converse with each other for a few minutes. “Rebecca!” a voice called out to her. It was her mother, to whom she was looking for her.

Oh my, I'm sorry my daughter bothered you…”
Please no, it’s ok haha. We were having a good time!”
I see, well we have to go get dinner ready. Thank you for looking after her!”

The mother thanked Naomi. Rebecca waved goodbye to and sign languaged to Naomi “Bye-bye, hope you come see me again!” Namoi would respond with "Sure!" causing Rebecca to smile.

Ushiro

Legendary
Kin
620💸
Kumi
93💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Dropping the act, Silvio straightened his posture and chuckled at the brazen girl’s reaction. He accomplished his mission, but not in the way he intended. Maybe he didn’t look wild enough? A small price to pay for staying well groomed. Must be why people don’t give a second thought to touching his fur. “Oh, are we flirting now?” he says, smirking. “Don't you know I’m entirely out of your league?” Silvio, ironically, plays hard to get. “Name’s Silvio by the way, not El Sagador. Though that’s not a bad hero name. I'm not not going to stand around and talk anymore.” When he turns and walks away from her his tail is wagging behind him. Despite his protests he does enjoy the positive attention. Soon his canine nose catches a scent, that of cooking meat, which compels him to follow it hungrily through the treeline.

Hokusai

Legendary
Kin
135💸
Kumi
271💴
Trait Points
31⚔️
Moving on from the little interaction with the little girl, Naomi continued to observe the forest. She was trying to find some new inspiration for her next project. It was the falcon android she had in mind, she utilized this chance to test the potential flight paths it can take once it was fully designed. It wasn’t until she idly bumped into another person on accident. “Oh my bad!” she smiled genuinely. The elderly man turned around eyed Naomi. “Be careful how you walk, child” he said before walking away. Naomi let out an awkward laugh as she looked into the distance. Times like this it really made her think about her time in Japan when she had to train. “Hm…wonder how sis is doing…” she said as she continued to walk away.

Zatanna

Elite
Kin
2,412💸
Kumi
308💴
Trait Points
26⚔️

As the students began to filter out and spread among the populous that inhabited the island, Professor Smith looked on with determination and vigilance. Making sure that the students were understanding the full grasp of the situation that these immigrants were in, he wanted to let them know that everyone deserves a second chance, that hero'es defend people in all walks of life, not just those that are seen in the big city. Not only that, but interacting with some of these people, would hopefully show the students a reality that not everything was perfect within the city and hopefully inspire them to want to help these immigrants too.

You are all learning who these people are and why they are here. Remember, its not just those that are well off in the city that need defending. Sometimes those that need the most help do not have a voice at all to ask for help. Perhaps you will make some friends here and find that they are not so different from you or me...

Professor Smith recognised a few of the people still stuck here, mostly the seniors that had migrated over with Smith during the Golden Era. Thankfully they knew that this was meant to be an educational experience and could read the situation about Smith not wanting to reveal the surprise just yet. Smith often came down almost weekly and religiously to spend time and help out the folks here. Hopefully soon there would be less and less the more he helped.

Kin
1,010💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
19⚔️

Cheer and praise rang throughout the central village, which is entitled Fairburn Village. The citizens of this sanctuary for immigrants rejoiced as a group of individuals walked from this massive cabin. Leading the group was an individual dressed in traditional ninja garb, hiding his face in board daylight. Peculiar in nature, the people continued to cheer louder and louder as others dressed similarly follow suit. Chants of them being their saviors, protectors, and love ones roared through the village. As if their mere presence was about to spark the beginning of a festival. Professor Smith heard the chants and a smile crept on his face. He felt a warming as the mysterious individual made his way through the crowd. The Individual, known only by the letter “R”. He approached the professor, as they both showed each other respect.

“You’ve brought along friends…” R said as he looked on upon at the students who seemed to be observing the scenery. “…students?” R asked as he looked at Professor Smith.

“Indeed, it’s very important to me that the current generation understands all facets of justice. That way, we can create a stronger morale and value foundation in our heroes. Everyone only seems to care about money nowadays…”

"Walk with me.” R said as he held his hands behind his back and began strolling. “We’ve been doing a really good job, do you remember when we first started? How packed this park was?” R began to say, two other individuals trailing slowly behind them R led Smith towards this tent. “Now look, less than half of that remains…Thank you so much…”

“No Thanks needed, I’m doing what I know feels right…” Smith said as he looked on at children having fun and playing.

“You are a professor now, you went and got your degree and made something of yourself to give back to the community, you didn’t have to do that.”

“I would never abandon my home, plus I don’t argue with people who outrank me in the F.I.R.E organization!”

“That so? Keep that in mind during Thanksgiving when I want the last slice of auntie’s >>Insert cultural ethnic dish here<<<“

“I will bury you underground, squirt!” Professor Smith snarled in a joking and light hearted way.

They had arrived at a small tint, set up freely in the park. One of the two men, following R named Y unfurled the tint hub and proceeded inside. The interior was extremely simple, inside of it held an array of women and children who looked sickly. Their eyes had heavy bags under them, the there backs slouched and the air itself felt heavy and moisturized. Smith and R entered behind them, as Y began to give the people medicine. A sickness had fell upon this group of people who originated from the middle east, escaping the domestic terrorism that was the sexist laws of those countries. Most of them had been beaten and battered and reduced to nothing more than property.

“I want to get a therapist in here for them, especially the children. The trauma they have experienced, I want them to continue on with their lives…” R said as he seemed to look off into the distance, visualizing a plan for these women.

“I understand, I’ll see what I can do…”

Part Update: Part III Begins ( Last 48 Hours ):
→ The Students are not allowed to enter the tent, however they can spark conversation with the members of R's Association. Each Hero can decide who they are speaking to, therefore determine the Letter they used as identification. The conversation should revolve around heroism, but from the perspective of vigilantism.

All_Red

Regular
Kin
3,234💸
Kumi
1,942💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Visi walks up to one of the various ninja, before asking she tilts her head as if try to get an different angle of perspective on the ninja. It was quite bizarre to Visi, never before seeing ninjas in real life other then in cosplay tournaments, she was surely in awe. The form the ninja was standing in, well disciplined as well as the fact that the outfit was well crafted to fit them, no baggy loose ends or iffy two-cent cotton as the belt. Real authentic outfit material. Wanting to know more about this specimen she asked it:
"Can I touch?"​
The ninja who had been also observing the girl nodded, as they put her arm out for Visi to feel. Visi did feel, in fact she felt quite a lot, ignoring the arm put by the ninja she went straight for the body, touching the chest figuring out its a girl, then feeling the soft and well knitted fabric, then going to the abdomen, legs and finally back. Feeling the ninja bluntly without care for where they touched. The ninja though for all their honor did not move or flinch, they only waited patiently for Visi to be finished. Upon Visi's last location of inspection: the arms, she asked the ninja:
"Do you guys have many custom fits for different occasions?"​
"Yes," they responded.​
"How many."​
"Irrelevant," they dodged.​
"Why do you have so many?"​
"We get our hands dirty often."​
"Like what?"​
"Lifting goods, dealing with the sick, and cleaning up messes or in general keeping the place tidy."​
"Oh so you don't fight crime?"​
"No, that's not my job."​
"Don't you want to be famous?"​
"I do not ask for the riches that perish or the fame that fades away like a morning mist."​
"Mother Angelica."​
The ninja smiled under the mask, and nodded her head in approval, suddenly interested in this young girl.
"Correct, what's your name girl," the ninja finally asked.​
"Visi Rossa, e tu?"​
"F."​
"F? Wow quite simple. Who gave you that name?"​
"Irrelevant," the ninja said again.​
"Since I got nothing to do here... Can I help out with the cleaning you guys always do," then with a little murmur afterwards, "Can​
I get a ninja suit too...?"
The ninja analyzed the girl for a few seconds before responding.
"We need someone who can cheer up kids currently. They have been through a lot and someone who can relate with them and help​
them continue with their lives is someone that our agency currently needs. Can you do that Visi?"
Visi nodded quite quickly, to her she felt like she could relate with kids that had a depressing childhood, being as she was a slave all her early years. The ninja too, could see it in Visi's eyes a sort of experience despite her young age, the ninja could see that she had it in her, the ability to see trauma, understand it and help it move on.
"Will I get the Ninja suit too," Visi added.​
"Follow me," F said to her ignoring her last statement.​

Last edited:

Hokusai

Legendary
Kin
135💸
Kumi
271💴
Trait Points
31⚔️
Naomi silently watched the interactions between the individual known as “R”. It seems both him and Professor Smith are well acquainted with each other. Once the two of them disappeared into the confines of the tent, Naomi and the others were left to roam the grounds once more. Both her and Happy started to walk away noticing Visi was speaking to someone already. It wasn’t until she saw one individual sitting on a rock polishing a blade. She approached her with the intention of wanting to talk but the blade holder seems to be minding her own business as well.

Hey…?

What do you want kid? I’m a little busy right now as you can clearly see”.

Yikes, this one was rude. She continued to polish her sword, though her irritation slowly became more and more apparent as Naomi watched. Naomi would once again try to speak but the woman became irritated with her and altogether just stopped. She looked at Naomi with a fierce look, sizing her up from top to bottom.

I just wanted to talk with you…seems like you love swords…

Well, yes. I do. Swords to me are not just…tools. They are weapons much needed alongside others to help those in the darkest times. They are a piece of our soul as warriors, us fighters seeking true absolute justice

Absolute Justice?”

Naomi was confused by her words. What the hell was “absolute justice” and how was it any different from regular justice. Once the polishing was done, she would stand up and placed it within her scabbard. She turned towards Naomi to answer her question.

Yes Absolute Justice, it’s the only way we know how to fight. Freedom to save others without being governed by the laws of society. We don’t need any schools or any of that rubbish the Hero Association believes in. We fight with our own rules to protect the innocent who can’t protect themselves. That is what true justice is about. Taking the absolute route of risking almost anything just to save the lives of others. To let one person die to save thousands or let thousands die to save one person. What would you do?”

Huh me? I’d let that one person die to save the thousands! It’s admirable to think we can save that one person too but…wait we can with technology get’s involved. Simply man an android or some other rescues forces and…"

NERD!” blurted out to cut Naomi off.

Look kid, take that technology crap out of the equation. Just save them, forget the one person. THOUSANDS against one. Yea you made the right call, but keep shit like that for when your on-campus ok? Name’s K. Who are you?

Naomi, nice to meet you K
Likewise. At first I thought you where nothing more than brat but ya aint that bad!”

She said. Naomi and her started to continue to talk about the aspects of “Absolute Justice” for a while longer.

K's Appearance

Reactions: Rucken

Ushiro

Legendary
Kin
620💸
Kumi
93💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
When the cheering started, Silvio poked his head out from the forest, wondering who could cause such an uproar among the residents just by showing up. Finding a bunch of people in ninja outfits failed to impress him but hearing their leader talking to Professor Smith all buddy-buddy like sparked his curiosity. Silvio followed “R” until they reached a tent Silvio wasn’t allowed to enter. Damn. He wanted to know more about this “F.I.R.E” organization and how the Professor ended up subordinate to a guy with a letter for a name.

As he circles the tent, he nearly runs into another ninja just standing there, absolutely still. Startled, he tries to laugh it off.

“Oh man, you scared me.” he says while walking around them.

“You're not thinking of sneaking into that tent are you?” they say, and Silvio stops. He checks their face for signs of suspicion but it's hard to tell with the mask in the way.

“Me?! No! Look at me. A big wolf-guy’s not gonna be invisible in that small tent.” he says, not lying but not quite telling the truth either. He turns the question on them. “If anyone looks sneaky, it’s you. Why wear a mask here?”

“Hmm? This garb is nothing unusual for us. Heroes often wear masks while fulfilling their duties.” they respond calmly.

“You don’t look like any hero i’ve seen, considering you all wear the same thing. I bet you’ve got a letter for a name like that R guy.”

“That’s right. I am called ‘B’.”

“God, that’s lame. Where’s your uniqueness, your individuality? ”

“We don’t prioritize personal achievement in our line of work. Do you require recognition for doing what you feel is right?”

“...No. Just being able to do something is enough.”

“Even if people don’t agree with your actions?”

“I don’t care about that. If I can help, I will.”

Zatanna

Elite
Kin
2,412💸
Kumi
308💴
Trait Points
26⚔️

Smith had sat down at a small circular table with R inside the modestly comfortable tent. There had been several improvements that had come along since the teachers last visit, namely the electrical devices. These were in fact thanks to Smith, as he had provided them with several small solar-powered generators. They couldn't power anything remotely large, but they could supply enough power for comforts of life, things like microwaves, teapots, and fans.

You know, everything I do for the community never feels like its enough, like I should be doing more.

R smirked beneath his mask, as he poured some herbal tea for Smith, and when finished, poured some for himself. Observing tradition, they bowed and then both started to drink. R then spoke up.

You always were the one that tried to do more than you could. You've provided us with more resources than the government and still you think it isn't enough. Quite typical of you Lee, even when I used to beat you at our favourite game you thought it was because you didn't train hard enough.

Smith let out a hearty laugh, before finishing his tea.

HAHA! I completely forgot we used to play that. Although I think I did eventually win more round than you didn't I? He said with a coy smile.

I think you had a bit of an advantage, but I remember beating you so bad you stopped playing wasn't it? Before you left and went off to train your quirk and study.

I mean sure I out grew that game, but it was only because you had cheated and got our friends to help you.

We never made any rules. We never said we couldn't have help.

The old friends laughed as they reminisced and bickered about growing up together. As the tent door flapped in the breeze and Smith got a glimpse of R's students outside, his face turned to a more serious tone.

What do you plan to do with these people? You know you can't just go taking things. We have worked so hard to build up our image and our perception from the public.

They are just my students. Don't worry about them, we stick to the island.

Getting an idea, he turned back to R with a smile.

Well, if they're your students they wont stand much of a chance, they should have gotten a real teacher!

Ha, is that a challenge? My students and I have had to fight off real actual gangs and robbers. They're probably more adept than your precious little students!

Well how about they try our old challenge, and we can see who has the better students?

As both men exited the tent, Smith pulled up a box before him to stand on. Calling out to the crowd and to his students, he caught the attention of the entire camp.

Attention one and all! We have a bit of an announcement to make! Tonight, we are going to hold the annual BALANCE BASH!!

As Smith finished the sentence, the village crowd erupted into cheers for the entertainment.

It will be my students, against your defenders! Winner takes all!

Last edited by a moderator:

Ushiro

Legendary
Kin
620💸
Kumi
93💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
If B had anything more to say, Silvio didn’t hear it. His attention was on the Professor and R exiting the tent with an announcement to make. He made a wild guess. “You’re engaged?!” He didn’t think they were that close, and didn’t care if they were, but the thought of them needing to update everyone on their relationship status made him want to die a little. When he found out there was no wedding, and instead a competition, he pumped his fist in the air and cheered as loudly as the villagers. This could be his chance to see his fellow students in action, and more importantly, find out how he stacks up against them. “Ooohhh! I can’t wait!” he says, shadowboxing the air. “You can count on me Professor! Just give me the word, i’ll kick their asses!” He moves a bit closer to the Professor, with a look of concern. ”We will get to kick ass, right? The Balance Bash isn’t a gymnastics competition, right?” Silvio felt confident in his fighting ability. Depending on what the competition entailed, and how skilled team alphabet turned out to be, he may have to rely on the other students to pull though.

Hokusai

Legendary
Kin
135💸
Kumi
271💴
Trait Points
31⚔️
As her conversation with K continued, Naomi heard the teacher call out to everyone to gather back near the tent. As the crowd became rallied up – Naomi wasn’t sure what this “bash” was. However, she needed to continue to keep her sharp mind intact and physical prowess as well. “Alright, lets party!” she said smacking her right fist into her left palm. As she did this, she would activate the Machias quirk, causing her several parts of her body to shift into the cybernetic state. She was ready for almost anything now. Happy would stand there cheering on like the others.
Naomi's Cybernetic Form
Quirk Name: Machias
Quirk Type: Transformation
Quirk Level: Basic
Quirk Bonus: Machias grants the Keyword "Quirk Less" & Grants "Build Up" to Machias related Modification & Grants "Immunity" regarding Biological Effects.. Machias grants the Keyword "Inferior Interaction" to Machias related Modifications or Machias Transformed State. Transforming to the Cybernetic State Only Requires 1 Support Card. Fusing Modifications Requires 1 Support Card, No Style Technique.
Description: The character can consciously transformation into cybernetic entity devoid of biological function. Although the inner sanctum mimics that of human physiology, it has been replaced with machinery. The most prominent ability of this transformed state is that the character can morph their body into virtually any engineered item. No matter how complex or advanced the design, the only requirement is that the user understands the atomic configuration of said item to reproduce it.

Quirk Breakdown:

~ Modifications are the official term referring to the transformations, or morphing, that the character undergoes. Each modification cannot exceed two meters in diameter regarding the volume. The modifications can vary in design and retain unique properties, enough that keywords can be granted or created to properly suit the transformation donned. At this level of mastery, the character can only retain 3 modifications at once.

~ The power potential behind the modifications, regardless of the Style Technique used to morph, depends on the Quirk Level. Each Quirk Level determines the base effects, which cannot be influenced. This means regardless of any effect modifiers, positive or negative, the modifications will be able to deal bonus effects. These effects are able to exceed the ordinary limiters placed on Style Techniques.

Quirk Level is Basic: 0.5 Bonus Damage | +1 or -1 Bonus Attribute Point
Quirk Level is Intermediate: 1.0 Bonus Damage | +2 or -2 Bonus Attribute Points [ Must be Spread Evenly ]
Quirk Level is Expert: 1.5 Bonus Damage | +3 or -3 Bonus Attribute Points [ Must be Spread Evenly ]

~ The character can only maintain three modifications at once, but they can couple any number of modifications together to increase its base power due to the Keyword "Build Up". Fusing 2 modifications together will result in the morphing being considered Intermediate Level, thus the benefits are gained however that single modification will count as two. Fusing 3 modifications together will result in the morphing being considered Expert Level, thus the benefits are gained however that single modification will count as three.

Quirk Drawback(s):

~ Despite the character transforming their biological body into a mechanic one serves to hide their delicate parts, that new state is still their real body. The characters in their cybernetic body are still susceptible to damage like any other character, however their bodies can be destroyed. In the circumstances that modifications are destroyed, that will for the remainder of the battle prevent the character from morphing utilizing the damaged region.

~ Transforming into a cybernetic entity means that any electric source becomes extremely detrimental to the character. Not only do electrical sources of any kind gain the Keyword “Superior Interaction” when interacting with the body of the character, but the character gains the Keyword "Inferior Interaction" to properly represent the severity of electricity. Below is an excerpt explaining the interaction with electricity.

Same Rank: Electricity will Immediately Cancel Two Active Modifications.
One Rank Difference: Electricity will Immediately Cancel Half of Active Modifications [ Round Up ].
Two Rank Difference: Electricity will Immediately Cancel All Active Modifications.
Three Rank Difference: Electricity will Immediately Deactivate the Transformed State and Can't Reactivate form until Three Turns has Passed.

~ Due to the vast knowledge needed to maximize the power of this quirk, the user is automatically granted the Quirk Less Trait which allows them to purchase any traits associated with it. Because of this knowledge, the user is capable of customizing the atomic nature of the items to cause new properties. This customization may only apply to approved Style Techniques.
x1 Support Card Spent.

All_Red

Regular
Kin
3,234💸
Kumi
1,942💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The announcement went right by Visi's ears. It wasn't until F reiterated what Smith exclaimed that she peeled herself from the kids she was talking to and finally responded.
"Not interested," she said bluntly, "Fighting isn't even my specialty. I'm more interested in these kids."
F laughed at the statement. "You are a little different. What's your quirk? Let's see what it can do in battle."
Visi stood up and pulled a mirror about the size of her arm from her backpack.
"Ok. You go first."

Quirk:
Quirk Name: Window
Quirk Type: Emitter
Quirk Level: Basic

Description: The manifestation of this Quirk grants the character the ability to access the mirror dimension. The mirror dimension not only copies, but projects the environment the mirror is currently located. Access to the mirror world requires that any mirror, regardless of the size, is present because they serve as the gateway for entry into the mirror dimension. The most prominent ability from having this access to the mirror world is the power to summon forth the reflections that exist in the mirror dimension. As expressed, the mirror dimension not only copies but projects the same environment which means the character can release those copies for whatever task they seek them for.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Rucken