Kiiszame

Regular
Kin
1💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Based on recent fights, you can see that Luffy doesnt use Gear 2nd for extended period of time. He uses it for a few seconds at a time or to simply use an attack with it and then it wears off.

Do you think that is because he has grown weary of the effects it might have on his body? Or does he have better control of it?
It could also mean that he hasnt faced an opponent that requires him to go all out yet post-time skip.

Reactions: Dr Strangelove

ziggyZ

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I'm pretty sure that Luffy has much greater control over his Gears. Especially since doesn't shrink after using G3. So to have a guess on Luffy's G2 side-affects: I'd say it's decreased by half. Meaning G2 doesn't cut-down his life-span as much as it used to.

Reactions: Dr Strangelove

Kiiszame

Regular
Kin
1💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
With him having Haki and Rayleigh traininh gim for a year and a half I don't think so, I think he doesn't use it more because using it more would just drain his energy more and until now it just wasn't necessary to use it more
I agree. It would be a waste if 2 years of training with a legend ddnt allow him too drastically decrease the side effects of his moves.
I'm pretty sure that Luffy has much greater control over his Gears. Especially since doesn't shrink after using G3. So to have a guess on Luffy's G2 side-affects: I'd say it's decreased by half. Meaning G2 doesn't cut-down his life-span as much as it used to.
You think just half? I guess that could be arguable, considering how he uses it now.

Dr Strangelove

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I wouldn't over think stuff like this.
Normally people are looking too far into stuff.
OT: Maybe Rayleigh realized the strain G2 used on Luffys body. As we have seen before with Luffy firing attacks back maybe Rayleigh advised Luffy to use it less and rely more on his armaments in fights.

Reactions: Kiiszame

24 12 11 to troll

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
To be fair it's all of the reasons you listed.
-Chinjao was the closest he got to a challenge. And Luffy Mid-Diffed him. Luffy is yet to face an opponent capable of stretching him (like the pun?)
-He may also be more weary of what it does to his body. This would normally come with maturity ; two years is more than enough time to change.
-He trained in the use of haki for 16 months. Leaving 6 months of training for something else : I think "something else" are the gears,Red Hawk and Thor attacks.

Olorin

Legendary
Kin
268💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I think what Lucci said was just to hype up g2 in the first place, it's just the usual overstatement that every manga has, hyping something up or trying to establish something as credible by an outrageous comment about it

One Piece isn't immune to this kind of stuff, how tall did they say the drum mountains were? Also the 5km (or whatever) nuke that pell had to get away (taking him surviving out of ecquasion) he would have to fly more than 2.5km in about 5 seconds (vertically) so that nothing in the town would get hit, it's just the usual overstatement every manga has to establish that either 1. Its a real threat or really powerful or 2. That its not an asspul and that it indeed has a drawback

Last edited:

Kiiszame

Regular
Kin
1💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I wouldn't over think stuff like this.
Normally people are looking too far into stuff.
OT: Maybe Rayleigh realized the strain G2 used on Luffys body. As we have seen before with Luffy firing attacks back maybe Rayleigh advised Luffy to use it less and rely more on his armaments in fights.
True but I like to overthink haha =D
But Im sure Rayleigh taught him well.
To be fair it's all of the reasons you listed.
-Chinjao was the closest he got to a challenge. And Luffy Mid-Diffed him. Luffy is yet to face an opponent capable of stretching him (like the pun?)
-He may also be more weary of what it does to his body. This would normally come with maturity ; two years is more than enough time to change.
-He trained in the use of haki for 16 months. Leaving 6 months of training for something else : I think "something else" are the gears,Red Hawk and Thor attacks.
Yeah maybe those extra few months he used to train his own abilities. True true.
I think what Lucci said was just to hype up g2 in the first place, it's just the usual overstatement that every manga has, hyping something up or trying to establish something as credible by an outrageous comment about it

One Piece isn't immune to this kind of stuff, how tall did they say the drum mountains were? Also the 5km (or whatever) nuke that pell had to get away (taking him surviving out of ecquasion) he would have to fly more than 2.5km in about 5 seconds (vertically) so that nothing in the town would get hit, it's just the usual overstatement every manga has to establish that either 1. Its a real threat or really powerful or 2. That its not an asspul and that it indeed has a drawback
I was thinking something along these lines as well. Although Chopper said after the fight with Lucci that the strain he was putting on his body was too great. Buut all speculation of course.

Olorin

Legendary
Kin
268💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I was thinking something along these lines as well. Although Chopper said after the fight with Lucci that the strain he was putting on his body was too great. Buut all speculation of course.
yea but that was because they almost killed each other, same could be said for what Kuma made Zoro do when Zoro was being a badass, he ended up in a pretty bad shape though