Regular
Kin
1,220💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
43⚔️

You must be registered for see images
Marejois is a location not known to the mere man because its own a concept. This place is not bound the laws of society nor does it aim to construct its own. This land thrives in the idea that it can at any place during any time, because what matters is not its presence but the strives in human evolution that takes place. Those strides are not bound by physical presence but the actual mental and emotional desire to seek perfection. Led by the visionary Vegapunk, a world renown geneticist, he performs his high illegal experiments to accomplish evolution.

Free-Roam Rubric
→ Only Characters that have Acquired the "Path to Vegapunk" Trait can Post in this Thread.
→ This Free-Roam is considered a Lawless Thread, meaning you are promised the rewards discussed below for proper participation.

→ Proper Participation refers to Characters that at least behave with the interest to acquire a Costume or Items. Role-Players cannot post more than three times per weekly participation. The current location of Marejois is inside hidden cave some meters off from Pacific Park.

→ You are free to do whatever you please, however remember your actions have consequences whether they are deemed positive or negative.
→ Cannot Power-Play, Meta-Game, or God-Mod Vegapunk the NPC. This is the Only NPC present until expressed otherwise.​

Rewards
→ Must Properly Participate in 1 Weekly Attempts to Earn the Permission to Submit 1 C-Grade Item or Upgrade 1 Item to B-Grade.
→ Doctor Vegapunk Only Constructs Items Related to the Bio-Tech.
→ This reward is repeatable, but requires multiple weekly participation.​

Time of Day + Weather Condition
→ ??? [???]​

Last edited:

Punk Hazard

Immortal
Kin
582💸
Kumi
14,818💴
Trait Points
45⚔️
From the dark outside of the cave, Kid emerged before Vegapunk, armed with the wide smile that anyone familiar with him could come to expect.

"Hello, Vegapunk," he said warmly-or rather, as warmly as it was possible for the villain to express, though earnest it was all the same. "I've got a real doozy here for you."

Kid reached into his coat and pulled out a moderately sized tube, the white plastic shining in the light of Vegapunk's lab. He pulled one of the two black caps that sealed it on either end off and carefully slid a rolled manuscript out of the container. Kid tucked the tube back into his coat and unraveled the manuscript to show Vegapunk the design.

"I call it Exo-Skin," he beamed. "Shit's pretty genius." Kid left the manuscript on Vegapunk's desk and sat down in a nearby chair, awaiting the product.

Lord of Kaos

Supreme
Kin
958💸
Kumi
107,916💴
Trait Points
44⚔️
It was quite a difficult place to locate, Darkseid noticed. He had been looking for a while and would have never managed to locate the place if he didnt have the location itself. A trip through the park less him to find the cave location, prompting him to enter and speak to the man said to make this place his lab. Entering it, there was only one other in the place, a man who had just handed Vegapunk something before seating himself. Choosing not to pay him any attention, Darkseid walked towards Vegapunk and addressed him.

"I hear good things about you and your skills, though you are difficult to locate. Perhaps you could be of use to me. I wish to upgrade this, optimizing its usefulness " Darkseid would pass a note forward, showing the man the schematics. He was aware that when one needed things in their line of work, you would have to branch out as you couldn't leave all your eggs in one basket, so to speak. He also knew it was a dangerous gamble to utilize multiple people as it became easier to locate and track one but it was a risk he was willing to take.

Last edited:

Hokusai

Legendary
Kin
1,068💸
Kumi
824💴
Trait Points
66⚔️

The cold suspicious air, which grasps around the atmosphere of the cave deep below surface level. Many others have tried to locate this temporary safe haven of the mad geneticist but many have failed, only following fake reports. Lead them astray into places in the middle of nowhere, dead ends. However…there was a select few who managed to know and find the location of the doctor. This one, in particular, was Kid.

He came into the lab with such a casual fashion that it slightly made the doctor a bit paranoid. However the past interactions with him was joyous, so it made for the doctor to lighten up. He took the paper that was placed on his desk, as he turns around viewing them. “Hmm…” he started to tamper with some knobs on several chambers of his but also taking into account how he can reconstruct this with the best of his abilities. “Yes yes…I can work with this…unique I must say…” he said walking back to Kid when the doctor noticed another person walking in.

He was a large rock-like creature, but his presence was quite intimidating. “What in the name of science…” the mad scientist said out loud. He approached the man with caution but also pure curiosity. What made him thick. However, the creature spoke. Vegapunk would fix his glasses to the frame of his nose as he took the schematics. “Ah yes yes…as I said and promised, anyone who can find me will be rewarded…and so you shall. Now then if you both could wait so kindly…I will begin the procedures…but I will be needing some samples” he said reaching into his drawer for a scalpel. He placed on his medical mask and gloves as he approached the men. “Now then…this will only sting...I promise…

Week 3 Participation Grading:
The Weekly Participation of this thread has been officially graded. The following names on the list below have received Permission to Submit 1 Costume or 1 Item at C-Grade OR, Gains Permission to Upgrade 1 Costume or 1 Item. due to meeting the criteria being played out.

• Darkseid
  • Eustass Kid

Last edited by a moderator:

Lord of Kaos

Supreme
Kin
958💸
Kumi
107,916💴
Trait Points
44⚔️
Darkseid had returned with the goal to create yet more bio enhanced items and with the nature of Marejois, he had to put time towards finding the new location despite being given the coordinates. Either way, he arrived with his plans in hand and gave them to Vegapunk, informing him that he now needed something new to inch closer to his army.

Hokusai

Legendary
Kin
1,068💸
Kumi
824💴
Trait Points
66⚔️

You again…” Vegapunk said as Darkseid arrived into the lab. He took whatever schematics or idea he had and immediately began to work on it.

Week 7 Participation Grading:
The Weekly Participation of this thread has been officially graded. The following names on the list below have received Permission to Submit 1 Costume or 1 Item at C-Grade OR, Gains Permission to Upgrade 1 Costume or 1 Item pertaining to Bio-Technology due to meeting the criteria being played out.

• Darkseid

Lord of Kaos

Supreme
Kin
958💸
Kumi
107,916💴
Trait Points
44⚔️
Darkseid approached the new location Vegapunk had sent him with a few things to discuss with him. He had first made sure to inform him of the usefulness of the Father Boxes he had gained from him as well as how he needed to update them for different uses now. After handing over the schematics, he began to leave before remembering the other business he had.

"I have a few others who wish to acquire your services; I know you like I prefer your privacy but perhaps the financial payout outweighs the risk. In addition to this, I can link you indirectly to a larger network of criminals to work with. Without ever having to come directly to you for payment nor raise suspicions your way. What say you to this deal, Vega?"

Attempting to gain permission to allow Michael and Pucci to gain access to Vegapunk in a later freeroam.
Also attempting to acquire partnership with Vegapunk to become a middle man for business, networking members to him through proxy to help allow gin to remain anonymous and hidden.

Hokusai

Legendary
Kin
1,068💸
Kumi
824💴
Trait Points
66⚔️

Watching as the rock-like man approached him after a long absence; the doctor thought he was long dead. Turns out he was alive all this time, which is great considering he heard the success of the pills he crafted for him. “Excellent, I can indeed up the dosage and add a bit more of these changes you want…” he said. Vegapunk was in a good mood until Darkseid asked if he can bring along more people.

At first, the man was about to deny him outright immediately, tempting to even terminate his business with Darkseid…He began to think about the outcomes of such action. Vegapunk was no stranger to the newspaper and read how the villain was accused of the terrors that been plaguing the Hero Association. A man with enough tenacity to antagonize the Heroes surely would not hesitate to claim the scientist life.

“I am in no financial pinch to seek expansion. My studies are all that matters, it will help me achieve my goal. Weapon X…..”

Vegapunk paused, somewhat scared of Darkseid’s response.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lord of Kaos

Supreme
Kin
958💸
Kumi
107,916💴
Trait Points
44⚔️
Vegapunk had rebuffed Darkseid's offer, a choice the New God couldn't fault him for making; however, it was a choice he shouldn't have made. Walking towards the man with his arms folded behind him, Darkseid stood hovering over him menacingly just out of the man's reach, addressing him.

"Studies? You only work with me, Vegapunk. Has anyone other than I visited you in the last few months? I don't think so, your very hesitant nature to reach many slows the very progress you seek from your students. Surely it would be more advantageous to open your network more. What I simply offer is for you to assist me and my allies, we can help you achieve or perfect this Weapon X.."

As he spoke, he knew his offer to make most sense to him. Studying onentarget repeatedly blinds one to actual progress. After all, there were only so many ways to cook beef. At some point, you move to other foods. Much like his metaphor, there was only so much to be learned from Darkseid himself.

"Think beyond the present: what good are your goals if you have no one to share or show them to? Surely you dont wish to die in this cave alone with your life's work."

While the threat was subtle, it still remained a threat. Darkseid knew he would understand it to be one and hoped he made the right choice.

Apriori

Regular
Kin
1,220💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
43⚔️

Doctor Vegapunk began experiencing the intimidation exerting from the massive being. An infamous villain as the rumors spelled it, nothing but fear and power accumulated to present Darkseid as a crazed monster in the eyes of the doctor. He was used to seclusion, which allowed the man to work on his studies without the watchful eyes of the Hero Association. Although his goals were for the safety of the world, his means violated the code of ethics and human rights. The public would not understand which is reason why Vegapunk found himself working with shady characters such as Darkseid.

To make matters worse, the doctor believed the villain’s words were not empty of some truth. Accomplishing his goals would be fast tracked with more exposure to different villains. More important, he was not oblivious to the threat given. To die alone in this cave? The rumors seemed to be true. He was not above killing whoever he deemed fit to be removed from this planet. Being in this pinched proved worrisome, immediately causing Doctor Vegapunk to develop disdain for Darkseid. He could not show this hate, no. The bioengineer needed to keep his composure and seek the route to escape.

“Your speech made sense Mr. Darkseid, but you must understand that with exposure comes a security risk. What if you introduce my operations to an insane individual? How can I know I will be protected….If you can give me your word that nobody will be able to end my life before my life’s work is completed, then…yes. I will help you and your allies?”

Doctor Vegapunk needed to lie to survive. He would only help Darkseid and any ally until Weapon X was completed. Only then, the ultimate solider would be created. One that even this monstrosity could not defeat. With a recuperating Meta-Human in the back, the doctor hoped he could convince him to devote his body to the Doctor’s work.

Weekly Participation Grading:
The Weekly Participation of this thread has been officially graded. The following names on the list below have received Permission to Submit 1 Costume or 1 Item at C-Grade OR, Gains Permission to Upgrade 1 Costume or 1 Item pertaining to Bio-Technology due to meeting the criteria being played out.
  • Darkseid

Lord of Kaos

Supreme
Kin
958💸
Kumi
107,916💴
Trait Points
44⚔️
Vegapunk had responded, though Darkseid couldn't help but notice slight trepidation in his voice as he spoke. Perhaps the New God's words were working as he knew they would, the threat of death still proved to be as excellent a motivator as it did millenia ago. However. He also could understand the finesse in his words, even as the threat of death loomed over him.

Darkseid's stony face cracked into an ominous smile as he responded, choosing his words wisely. "I only deal with the sane and thoughtful. Any that allies with me has tact and understanding of the power that is Darkseid. I promise I nor any of my allies will lay a finger on you, you have my word and I am a man of it, Vegapunk. Do we have an agreement?"

DoT_Narrator

Kin
43💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Darkseid's ominous smile gave a different meaning to the words that came out of his stony lips. Doctor Vegapunk understood that while the man had promised that neither he nor any of his allies would lay a finger on him, he might meet with some unfortunate accident once the villain decided he’d outlived his usefulness. However, the Doctor had no choice but to nod in agreement.

“That’s all I needed to hear,” he began “I look forward to our partnership, Darkseid”

Vegapunk turned away from the villain and intended to return to his research, but a thought suddenly struck him, causing him to call out to Darkseid before he had left the lab.

“Oh!” he called suddenly. “Give me about a week’s time to prepare. I’ll have a new serum ready for testing. I’d also like you to bring me a specimen to test it on.”

With that, the Doctor returned to fussing about his lab in preparation for his latest experiment.

Weekly Participation Grading:
  • Darkseid

Status
Not open for further replies.