Jiraya was not as good a teacher as other Sannins....

Honord Sage

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Well did you think that it wasn't supposed to be them for a minute? It's called plot.
That doesn't make them less capable as senseis.
Were was Sakura and Sasuke Tail Beast? They never had them so Orochimaru and Tsunade never had to deal with it because their students were never the Hero of the story the child of prophecy, they were never the child that had to deal with Kurama and a village that in the beginning saw Naruto as a nuisance and not as as an access to the village.

Chatte

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Were was Sakura and Sasuke Tail Beast? They never had them so Orochimaru and Tsunade never had to deal with it because their students were never the Hero of the story the child of prophecy, they were never the child that had to deal with Kurama and a village that in the beginning saw Naruto as a nuisance and not as as an access to the village.
Sakura and Sasuke were never tailed beasts, geez. And once again, has nothing to do with the other two Sannins capabilities as senseis.
Plus, that training was done by Killer B, not Jiraiya. And the rest has literally nothing to do with the subject we're discussing here.

Strict

Veteran
Kin
6💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
If we only consider the improvements which were done by the Sannin, Sakura would be on the level of Naruto without the Sage Mode and Kyuubi's Chakra at the beginning of Shippuuden, such as Sasuke at the beginning of without the cursed mark (considering the Sharingan of latter improved his learning progress; Orochimaru himself admitting that Sasuke was even a greater genius than himself). It's about to think what jump did Sakura make after her screen time against Sasori. I don't think it will be a Sage Mode, I also don't think it will be any regenerative ability as Tsunade by herself requires a lot of Chakra that she collects in her seal for a long period before releasing it. She may assists with medical skills which exceed the feats she already showed to have + a good Taijutsu and strength. Nothing that could compare with the powers Sasuke and Naruto have, as long as they will make use of Kurama's Chakra and the Eternal Mangekyo Sharingan.

MythicDonut

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Unfortunately, this is true......
Lets see:-

1. Under his guidance Orochimaru Sasuke....

> learned different variants of Chidori and mastered nature manipulation.
> Mastered his 3-Tomoe Sharingan.
> His speed increased exponentially.
> He learned swordsmanship and was given "The Sword of Kusanagi".
> Summoning Jutsu.
> Knowledge about seals and scrolls.
> Curse Seal.

2. Under Tsunade's guidance Sakura....

> Learned better chakra control.
> Become one of the best Medical ninja around.
> Became insanely and brutally strong.
> According to latest manga she also learned something so incredible that can take her to Naruto and Sasuke's league. This will probably counter summoning advantage of Naruto.(Although i seriously doubt it)

3. Under Jiraya's guidance Naruto....

> Rasengan and its big and large versions.
> The advise to stay away from Genjutsu.
> A little bump in speed and strength.
> A little knowledge about use of clones.
> Summoning.

We can see the difference....
In part 1 Naruto was far better than Sakura and Sakura was no better than a fodder ninja.
In the beginning of part 2 she became as skilled as Naruto. All those times near the begging of part 2, Naruto seemed better than Sakura because he was strong willed and had incredible chakra reserves. It was not because of his training.

MY EXPECTATIONS....

Naruto left to train with the legendary sannin Jiraya for 3 years. He should have had at least high jonnin skills when coming back.
> Jiraya should have helped Naruto to gain more control over the 9-tails power.
> Jiraya should have helped Naruto to master nature manipulation like Kakashi did and helped him create a Jutsu such as Rasenshuriken.

Its no secret that in the beginning of Part 2 Naruto was A-B level Ninja. (due to increase in power scale by Kishi)
It would have been awesome if Jiraya taught Naruto Sage Mode in the 3 years time gap. He was able to learn in the 4th year in 3 weeks time, he must be capable of learning it in the 3 years time gap.
-How cool it would have been to see Naruto use a little part of Nature energy in form of SM as a last resort against Sasuke. He would have looked like a boss.

WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK?
COMMENT BELOW....
Come one now.

You can't class him as a teacher when he was trying to steal his students body, wtf? Orochimaru didn't teach Sasuke Cursed Seal. It was something Orochimaru was just testing out on him putting his life at risk, also implanting himself into his student. Thats a good teacher? Sasuke Only learnt Chidori blade, Kirin an lighting Shurikens, thats it. Sasuke had that kind of speed before as shown in his fight against Gaara in the Chuunin exams.

And since when did he learn any 'Seals'. Correct me if I'm mistaken but I don't remember Sasuke using any form of seal, ever...

You can't really but that last point in. It's been rumoured to be Sage Mode but it could just be a Creation Rebirth Technique. Overall this does NOT make Tsunade a better teacher then Jiraiya. Sorry but there's just no contest here, Jiraiya raised Naruto as the better ninja.

You summed it up as if Jiraiya did nothing for the past 3 years with Naruto. Naruto grew so much that even Itachi had to acknowledge it, not Sakura. His skills already are Jounin ranked. He was beyond Jounin level and took on S-Ranked Ninjas, are you forgetting about Akatsuki? Jiraiya tought him how to use his Chakra more wisely and effectively. A little speed bump? Naruto never had much speed from the get go, Jiraiya increased that even more over the years. His taijutsu also increased since in part 1 he'd always span shadow clones senselessly as shown when he fought Sasuke. Also under Jiraiya he learnt how to use his Clones more wisely then before, to the point where at sometimes he was almost able to best a sharingan user.

The way I see it, you've listed everything about Jiraiya very unfairly. You've listed things which Jiraiya CAN'T teach.

Jiraiya could only help Naruto so far with gaining control with the Kyuubi. That was Naruto's personal struggle which only another Jinnchurki could help with NOT ANY of the Sannins.
Jiraiya even made preparations for Naruto if the Kyuubi got out of hand by making a chakra supressing seal for him.
Jiraiya couldn't help Naruto with his Nature Manipulation. His Chakra type WAS NOT wind, it was fire and earth. There's nothing he could have told Naruto about it, which leads me to believe Orochimaru couldn't of taught Sasuke his lighting based moves, its something he discovered on practiced with on his own.
Jiraiya couldn't teach Sage mode, especially since he couldn't do it himself. Only the toads could teach Naruto that. Jiraiya was the best teacher there was, Period.

Last edited:
Reactions: Xlad

~Uzumaki~

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Actually, Jiraiya was better than Tsunade. Whatever Sakura is about to do would NOT BE THAT IMPRESSIVE. She is not on Naruto and Sasuke's level, can't you understand that? If she was, that would be she was jonin level, would mean she's on the same level as people whose asses Naruto and Sasuke have whooped; Deidara, Kakuzu, the Six freaking paths of Pain. No, no. Even Tsunade isn't that good. Why is anybody expecting something from Sakura of all people???

minatoisagod

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
lets see j man's students include nagato, naruto, minato, konan and yahiko all badass

oro sasuke, kimmaro anko

tsunade sakura, ino, shizune

seems j man got them beat to me

iNotorious

Immortal
Kin
808💸
Kumi
5,854💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Come one now.

You can't class him as a teacher when he was trying to steal his students body, wtf? Orochimaru didn't teach Sasuke Cursed Seal. It was something Orochimaru was just testing out on him putting his life at risk, also implanting himself into his student. Thats a good teacher? Sasuke Only learnt Chidori blade, Kirin an lighting Shurikens, thats it. Sasuke had that kind of speed before as shown in his fight against Gaara in the Chuunin exams.

And since when did he learn any 'Seals'. Correct me if I'm mistaken but I don't remember Sasuke using any form of seal, ever...

You can't really but that last point in. It's been rumoured to be Sage Mode but it could just be a Creation Rebirth Technique. Overall this does NOT make Tsunade a better teacher then Jiraiya. Sorry but there's just no contest here, Jiraiya raised Naruto as the better ninja.

You summed it up as if Jiraiya did nothing for the past 3 years with Naruto. Naruto grew so much that even Itachi had to acknowledge it, not Sakura. His skills already are Jounin ranked. He was beyond Jounin level and took on S-Ranked Ninjas, are you forgetting about Akatsuki? Jiraiya tought him how to use his Chakra more wisely and effectively. A little speed bump? Naruto never had much speed from the get go, Jiraiya increased that even more over the years. His taijutsu also increased since in part 1 he'd always span shadow clones senselessly as shown when he fought Sasuke. Also under Jiraiya he learnt how to use his Clones more wisely then before, to the point where at sometimes he was almost able to best a sharingan user.

The way I see it, you've listed everything about Jiraiya very unfairly. You've listed things which Jiraiya CAN'T teach.

Jiraiya could only help Naruto so far with gaining control with the Kyuubi. That was Naruto's personal struggle which only another Jinnchurki could help with NOT ANY of the Sannins.
Jiraiya even made preparations for Naruto if the Kyuubi got out of hand by making a chakra supressing seal for him.
Jiraiya couldn't help Naruto with his Nature Manipulation. His Chakra type WAS NOT wind, it was fire and earth. There's nothing he could have told Naruto about it, which leads me to believe Orochimaru couldn't of taught Sasuke his lighting based moves, its something he discovered on practiced with on his own.
Jiraiya couldn't teach Sage mode, especially since he couldn't do it himself. Only the toads could teach Naruto that. Jiraiya was the best teacher there was, Period.
Nice right there! Sometimes i just wish that minato and kushina had never died, naruto would be so OP without the kyuubi

Wobi

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Considering Jiriaya's students are Naruto, Minato and Nagato I think it's fair to say he's the best teacher being as none of them would've achieved their power without him

Young Vongola

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I think people are misunderstanding this post. He's saying Jiraya didn't teach Naruto a lot of new jutsu during the timeskip as the other Sannin, which is actually true. He did teach Naruto a lot about how a fine shinobi should be though, and other valuable lessons. Strength isn't all that determines growth

MythicDonut

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
kurama,sagemode and rasenshuriken without jiraya
Dafaq is Jiraiya meant to teach Kurama? Jiraiya trained up Naruto enough to be able to take Kurama in his subconscious. Plus Jiraiya or none of the Sannins were tailed beast hosts, how can any of them help in that sense. In the end Jiraiya did a great deal concerning Kurama.

Naruto wouldn't have learnt Sage Mode if Jiraiya hadn't made him sign the blood seal with the toads in the first place. If he hadn't, who knows he might have had to settle with the dogs Kakashi uses or Slugs tsunade summons.

Rasen-Shuriken was a wind element move, Jiraiya's chakra element was Fire and Earth.

Jiraiya did his Job and in the long run his teaching paid off. His students are proof of that. People that went on to become legendary acknowledged shinobi.