Supreme
Kin
-2💸
Kumi
12💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Hello.
Well, I would like to know why you want to learn Kenjutsu.
It is an amazing art of beauty and precision with one of the most delicate weapons ever created.

Fearmonger

Elite
Kin
4💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Hello.
Well, I would like to know why you want to learn Kenjutsu.
It is an amazing art of beauty and precision with one of the most delicate weapons ever created.
Well,that's exactly the reason I want to learn kenjutsu. Anyone can swing a blade around but to be able to weild it with skill and precision is really a mark of someone a cut above the rest.

Fearmonger

Elite
Kin
4💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The sword? I see it as a bladed tool that is used for cutting and piercing. But it can be turned into weapon used to tear down even the mightiest foes and cause large scale destruction or a shield used to defend against even the most powerful attacks and protect the weilder and whomever he or she wishes from harm,in the right hands. It is a powerfull formation of steel that gives the weilder the ability to choose between life or death.

Last edited:

Adachi

Supreme
Kin
-2💸
Kumi
12💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Hm...I see.
Always cherish your weapon, don't see it as a mere tool for destruction. Make yourself the "right hand", as you said, so to speak.
So, do you happen to have a sword?

Fearmonger

Elite
Kin
4💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Well,this sword is relatively heavy,thanks to the length being four feet and the blade thin like any katana,but has been straightened by me. Like any other kumogakure longsword,the hilt's cloth is red and white.

Adachi

Supreme
Kin
-2💸
Kumi
12💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I see. I guess it compliments your body weight.
Okay, hm...
The first stance is called the "Ox" stance. Hold your sword up next to your head so that the blade is pointing straight ahead.
You must be registered for see images

What might be the purpose of such a stance?

Fearmonger

Elite
Kin
4💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
-I put my hand into my cloak and after my sword silently slides into my hand I pull it out and raises my arms,putting it in a slightly diagonal position above my head like you said-
This could be used as a guard maybe? It could easily be used for a downward slash.

Adachi

Supreme
Kin
-2💸
Kumi
12💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Perfect! You are precisely correct! The purpose of this stance would to have a higher point of attack over your opponent. Also it would give a wide range of swing although the down sides of this stance would be your left wide open. Remember that the hilt of your sword (or handle), must be near your temple while your thumb is beneath the blade, NOT on top of it.
This position, although not as stable as others, protects well, allows a direct threat with its straight thrust, turn to cut diagonally downward, or pull back to cut from underneath.

Now, proceed to lower your sword down beneath you like a standard way of the grasping the sword.

What might this be used for?

Fearmonger

Elite
Kin
4💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
*brings my arms down and holds my sword so that the blade is pointing diagonally upward as you instructed*
Hmm. It doesn't seem like I can do much from here...atleast not anything obvious.

Adachi

Supreme
Kin
-2💸
Kumi
12💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
This is known as Pflug stance, or the Plow stance...good emphasis on the footing though.
You must also remember to lead with your dominant leg here, because it is vital to switch positions during this stance. A small step forward or backwards can allow you to turn the tides easily. The point should also be aimed at the opponent's chest or throat and the hilt should be held more off to the side in front of the hip joint rather than dead center between the legs.

Next stance then, known as the Alber stance.

Lower your hand upon the sword's hilt, pointing the blade down. You can lead with either one of your legs.
What might this be used for?

Fearmonger

Elite
Kin
4💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It's a maneuver when you force the enemy to concentrate more manpower in a given area so that the opposing force in another area is weaker. I've read about it, but never seen someone do it.

Adachi

Supreme
Kin
-2💸
Kumi
12💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Kind of. It's basically a way to trick your opponent into precisely what you said, to force them to concentrate all their power on another area so you can take advantage of such a moment. Take a look at that stance. It makes you seem vulnerable, tricking the target into attacking you, but then, you can easily move yourself to block it.
Alright, so we've learned the Ox, Plow, and Fool stances. The last main one is called an Oberhut (from the roof) stance, which is a stance that easily allows you transfer into any other stance.
The stance is almost like you're about to strike down, but you're not. Raise your weapon up around your shoulders, at a 45 degree angle.

What might such a stance be used for?