Regular
Kin
1,720💸
Kumi
15💴
Trait Points
58⚔️

You must be registered for see images
The Camp Workshop tremendously pales in comparison to the Department of Support Building, and even more for the Science Lab which lies inside, however due to event known as “The Sun Shall Fall” this has become one of the base of operations for Horizon University. Sectioned near the flowing rivers, due to the high-tech advances the building has underwent, it provides an amazing scenery while inventors work hard day and night. Despite its shortcomings, it can still aid in crafting fine material. Still spearheaded by the jovial Doctor Corki and his second in command Ekko.​

Free-Roam Rubric
→ Characters that are recognized as Students can post in this thread.

→ This Free-Roam is considered a Development Thread, meaning you are promised the rewards discussed below for proper participation. It also means the thread will remain available bi-weekly.

→ Proper Participation refers to Characters that at least behave with the interest to learn from or communicate with Doctor Corki ( Head of the Science Division ). Seeking for gadgets and costumes to be upgraded or made will also been deemed proper participation. Role-Players cannot post more than three times per weekly attempt, however must post at least once per weekly attempt.

→ You are free to do whatever you please. Remember your actions have consequences whether they are deemed positive or negative.
→ Cannot Power-Play, Meta-Game, or God-Mod Doctor Corki or Ekko each time the thread is opened ( unless expressed otherwise ).​

Rewards
→ Must Properly Participate in 1 Weekly Attempt to Earn the Permission to Submit 1 C-Grade Item or Upgrade 1 Item to B-Grade.
[ Doctor Corki ] can only construct items based on his Tech-Traits, Including Ordinary Tech.
→ This reward is repeatable, but requires multiple weekly participation.​

Last edited:

Mirai

Legendary
Kin
1,481💸
Kumi
4,886💴
Trait Points
36⚔️
“Beep, beep, beep”. The sounds of a rather annoying alarm clock resonated throughout the room. The young heroine was fast asleep, unknowingly utilizing her quirk to sleep in midair. Haru’s eyes slowly opened, her head turning to gaze at the alarm. “Time to get up…” she said in a soft tone, as she deactivated her psionic control on her body as she lowered to onto her bed. She was quick to gather at the needed components for the day, including a base design for a new gadget she wanted done.

After a quick shower and getting her clothes on, Haru floated out the window and towards the workshop. While she didn’t put any real effort into flying, she realized that time is swiftly drifting away. Thus she speed up her flight as she arrived to the work shop, landing just outside the building. “Hello!” she greeted some of the students outside of the building. Some of them watched the oddball heroine but simply flashed a smile back towards her.

As she entered into the building, she saw a bunch of people already got here before her. As she scanned the room, she found the cool inventor himself. “Ekko-kun!” she approached him with the piece of paper in hand. “I came with another request for you! Mind helping me out with it?” she said, showing a picture of a airsoft grenade launcher design to be used in combat.

Apriori

Regular
Kin
1,720💸
Kumi
15💴
Trait Points
58⚔️

Yusuke Kitagawa entered the Bodega Bay Workshop, still unfamiliar with the scenery. Being a third-year student meant the provisional hero was used to Horizon University original campus, which still seemed to be plagued with that devastating radiation. That invasion still bothered Yusuke, especially since he was tasked with a mission that night. If he had been there, Boyd would have not…. The two were not great friends by a long shot, but the man was an ally in the fight for justice. That along allowed Yusuke to feel some sort of sorrow for his untimely passing.

These thoughts always swarmed the teen’s mind until he spotted Ekko, a fellow third-year student that specialized in gadgetry. The sheer skill within the inventor made Yusuke often think he was better than Doctor Corki. Of course, this was a sense of basis since Yusuke had only ever gotten his equipment constructed, updated, and restored by Ekko. Passing various students of different years, Yusuke made sure smile. Even with each other, the teen wanted to give promise of hope and safety.

Walking in to his surprise, Yusuke laid sight on an old classmate and good friend. Haru was such a ball of sweetness and fun, so it was always a joy to run into her. As eccentric as ever, the teen spoke but not before bowing with his arm extended – a gesture often used to signal the one being honored to take the lead. Yusuke always performed this greeting when approaching Haru, preferring for her spirited personality to never be outshines. Only after would he address Ekko.

“Hey, little one. And how are you doing Mr. Mechanic?”​

Word Count: 273

Mirai

Legendary
Kin
1,481💸
Kumi
4,886💴
Trait Points
36⚔️

Haru’s attention towards the genius inventor was temporarily diverted away when she heard the “ooos and awes” of the women swanning over Yusuke. She turned to greet her old friend, as he extended his arm towards her. Haru couldn’t help but take his hand and lowered herself as she greeted her eccentric friend. “Pleasure to see you as always, Yusuke – kun” she giggled lightly as she rose back upwards into an upright pose. She never got tired of his behavior, as it was always a breath of fresh air to her.

She would glance her eyes around, wondering if her other classmate was nearby as well. “Have you seen Akira? I haven’t seen him since the internships started, which reminds! How is it going over at your agency? Meet any new friends? My boss Mead is so cool! Working alongside the pros really is an eye opener to the world out there!” she said as cheery and hopeful as ever. She had to pause for a moment to catch her breath due to her sheer excitement of talking to an old friend.

Squidy

Regular
Kin
837💸
Kumi
4,493💴
Trait Points
60⚔️
Status
Luscious Benjamin

Word Count 219

Enjoying the scenery outside of the newly located Science Lab, Luscious stares into the river at his own reflection as he reflects on his past. Feeling the pressures of life weighing on his shoulders, he rises upwards and makes his way into the building in hopes of finding Dr. Corki or his assistant. The well renown duo was the height of conversation when it came to making gadgets and various science based systems, and Lush was dying to meet them.

Walking into the room filled with other hero's from various agencies, the Youngin would look over the entire crowd as he looks for his intended targets. Being that he was a transfer student, Lush didn't know anyone like that especially because he often kept to himself as he tended to get wrapped up in the matters of becoming a Professional Hero. Spotting someone that seemed familiar to him, but still an unknown patron, he would then make his way over near a blue haired guy in fancy attire.

Leaning up on a wall he would fold his arms and close his eyes as he stood calmly, waiting in patients for the Doctor or/and his assistant, Ekko. The task was imperative and very important to complete, because today would be the day the Youngin would get his heroic costume.

Mystik

Immortal
Kin
654💸
Kumi
12,060💴
Trait Points
72⚔️
Status

Ekko dabbed away at his forehead with a small red cloth, and set his wrench down on his workbench. He rolled his sleeve down past his wrist and glanced at his watch. The Workshop would soon be open. The apprentice smiled, anticipating the ever eager and bubbling faces that most of Horizon's students always seemed to have when they walked through those doors with their ideas and plans.

“Beep, beep, beep”. The sounds of a rather annoying alarm clock resonated throughout the room. The young heroine was fast asleep, unknowingly utilizing her quirk to sleep in midair. Haru’s eyes slowly opened, her head turning to gaze at the alarm. “Time to get up…” she said in a soft tone, as she deactivated her psionic control on her body as she lowered to onto her bed. She was quick to gather at the needed components for the day, including a base design for a new gadget she wanted done.

After a quick shower and getting her clothes on, Haru floated out the window and towards the workshop. While she didn’t put any real effort into flying, she realized that time is swiftly drifting away. Thus she speed up her flight as she arrived to the work shop, landing just outside the building. “Hello!” she greeted some of the students outside of the building. Some of them watched the oddball heroine but simply flashed a smile back towards her.

As she entered into the building, she saw a bunch of people already got here before her. As she scanned the room, she found the cool inventor himself. “Ekko-kun!” she approached him with the piece of paper in hand. “I came with another request for you! Mind helping me out with it?” she said, showing a picture of a airsoft grenade launcher design to be used in combat.
One such student was Haru, an energetic and outgoing young woman who Ekko was sure he had seen floating around the campus from time to time. She handed him a picture of what appeared to be a grenade launcher. Ekko smiled warmly at Haru.

"Ah, this is quite the gadget. I wonder what kind of heroism you'll get into with something handy like this. Or mischief," he teased with a laugh.

He turned to tuck the picture onto a clipboard when another student approached him.

Yusuke Kitagawa entered the Bodega Bay Workshop, still unfamiliar with the scenery. Being a third-year student meant the provisional hero was used to Horizon University original campus, which still seemed to be plagued with that devastating radiation. That invasion still bothered Yusuke, especially since he was tasked with a mission that night. If he had been there, Boyd would have not…. The two were not great friends by a long shot, but the man was an ally in the fight for justice. That along allowed Yusuke to feel some sort of sorrow for his untimely passing.

These thoughts always swarmed the teen’s mind until he spotted Ekko, a fellow third-year student that specialized in gadgetry. The sheer skill within the inventor made Yusuke often think he was better than Doctor Corki. Of course, this was a sense of basis since Yusuke had only ever gotten his equipment constructed, updated, and restored by Ekko. Passing various students of different years, Yusuke made sure smile. Even with each other, the teen wanted to give promise of hope and safety.

Walking in to his surprise, Yusuke laid sight on an old classmate and good friend. Haru was such a ball of sweetness and fun, so it was always a joy to run into her. As eccentric as ever, the teen spoke but not before bowing with his arm extended – a gesture often used to signal the one being honored to take the lead. Yusuke always performed this greeting when approaching Haru, preferring for her spirited personality to never be outshines. Only after would he address Ekko.

“Hey, little one. And how are you doing Mr. Mechanic?”

Word Count: 273
"Ah, Yusuke, always nice to see you at the Shop."

Haru and Yusuke exchanged words briefly before Ekko continued to greet the young man.

"I'm doing quite well, how are you? I bet you've got another splendid idea in mind, don't you? Let's see here, will it be a gadget today, or maybe even a costume upgrade. I've been meaning to do a bit of updating to mine myself. Of course, after I take care of you guys' ideas."

Luscious Benjamin

Word Count 219

Enjoying the scenery outside of the newly located Science Lab, Luscious stares into the river at his own reflection as he reflects on his past. Feeling the pressures of life weighing on his shoulders, he rises upwards and makes his way into the building in hopes of finding Dr. Corki or his assistant. The well renown duo was the height of conversation when it came to making gadgets and various science based systems, and Lush was dying to meet them.

Walking into the room filled with other hero's from various agencies, the Youngin would look over the entire crowd as he looks for his intended targets. Being that he was a transfer student, Lush didn't know anyone like that especially because he often kept to himself as he tended to get wrapped up in the matters of becoming a Professional Hero. Spotting someone that seemed familiar to him, but still an unknown patron, he would then make his way over near a blue haired guy in fancy attire.

Leaning up on a wall he would fold his arms and close his eyes as he stood calmly, waiting in patients for the Doctor or/and his assistant, Ekko. The task was imperative and very important to complete, because today would be the day the Youngin would get his heroic costume.
Finally, Ekko spotted one more student who seemed a bit distanced from the others. He stepped over to greet Luscious, the same warm smile beaming from his face.

"And how are we today? Let's take a look at what plans you've got in store for us."

Last edited by a moderator:

Apriori

Regular
Kin
1,720💸
Kumi
15💴
Trait Points
58⚔️

“Unfortunately, I have not seen Akira as of lately, my lady. Internship really split the group up huh? I did not see you in the halls of Artisan, so is it safe to assume another agency has grasped your heart, madam?”​

Yusuke stood upright, having not left that gesture of a greeting until Haru spoke. He was glad to see the lady had been doing well. Professional Hero work was far more dangerous than training in school. The professors always maintained importance over safety, unlike the vile criminals whom completely disregarded the public’s wellbeing. To place the cherry on top, Ekko was doing good as well. Despite being analytical himself, Yusuke often envied the intelligence that the mechanic possessed. The eccentric fellow wished he could borrow that mind just to understand every inch and crook of Sode no Shirayuki, his beloved comrade.

“Ahh my friend! I am here seeking your help on strengthening my beloved. I am only as strong as Sode no Shirayuki.”​

The teen ensured that he smiled with hope and desire, attempting to convince the young sport to help. Yusuke had not actually approached the workshop with his comrade in hand. The well-mannered teen thought that would be taking Ekko’s kindness for granted. To assume the busy hero would agree to working on the katana, that would be disrespectful. If the mechanic agreed, only then would Yusuke go fetch his comrade.

Word Count: 234

Squidy

Regular
Kin
837💸
Kumi
4,493💴
Trait Points
60⚔️
Status
Luscious Benjamin

Word Count 208

Luscious was delighted to see Ekko approach him and ask about his ideas for battle equipment with such a sincere smile that he could not help but return one back. He had always liked the vibes his fellow intellectual friend had given off, and therefore never hesitated to disregard his non-caring, nonchalant ways for a more jovial role when around Ekko.

Pushing off of the walls he cheerfully stands at attention as he grabs his smart phone from out of his navy blue sweatpants, hoisting it out and entering the code with haste as if he were being rushed, but it was just his swelling excitement. Looking up some logs, notes, and picture designs, Lush would try to explain his thoughts on sound production, and ideas he had thought of that would really amplify his fighting style in battle.

I want my heroic identity to be kinda mysterious, yah know!? Something sleek that shows off the curvatures of my athletic body while still granting defense. the Youngin stresses along with many un-needed hand gestures.

Now along with that!? What I want to do with sound!! Hahaha, this one will surely test you're limits and stimulate that intellectual mind of yours my friend. Are you up for the task?

Mystik

Immortal
Kin
654💸
Kumi
12,060💴
Trait Points
72⚔️
Status

“Unfortunately, I have not seen Akira as of lately, my lady. Internship really split the group up huh? I did not see you in the halls of Artisan, so is it safe to assume another agency has grasped your heart, madam?”

Yusuke stood upright, having not left that gesture of a greeting until Haru spoke. He was glad to see the lady had been doing well. Professional Hero work was far more dangerous than training in school. The professors always maintained importance over safety, unlike the vile criminals whom completely disregarded the public’s wellbeing. To place the cherry on top, Ekko was doing good as well. Despite being analytical himself, Yusuke often envied the intelligence that the mechanic possessed. The eccentric fellow wished he could borrow that mind just to understand every inch and crook of Sode no Shirayuki, his beloved comrade.

“Ahh my friend! I am here seeking your help on strengthening my beloved. I am only as strong as Sode no Shirayuki.”

The teen ensured that he smiled with hope and desire, attempting to convince the young sport to help. Yusuke had not actually approached the workshop with his comrade in hand. The well-mannered teen thought that would be taking Ekko’s kindness for granted. To assume the busy hero would agree to working on the katana, that would be disrespectful. If the mechanic agreed, only then would Yusuke go fetch his comrade.

Word Count: 234
"Of course," Ekko beamed back at Yusuke.

The apprentice remembered working on Sode no Shirayuki very well. Frankly, Ekko found Yusuke's integration between his Quirk and the weapon's design to be a sign of the young hero's ingenuity.

"Only as strong as Sode no Shirayuki, eh?" Ekko chuckled. "Then it's a sword as fine as its wielder."

Luscious Benjamin

Word Count 208

Luscious was delighted to see Ekko approach him and ask about his ideas for battle equipment with such a sincere smile that he could not help but return one back. He had always liked the vibes his fellow intellectual friend had given off, and therefore never hesitated to disregard his non-caring, nonchalant ways for a more jovial role when around Ekko.

Pushing off of the walls he cheerfully stands at attention as he grabs his smart phone from out of his navy blue sweatpants, hoisting it out and entering the code with haste as if he were being rushed, but it was just his swelling excitement. Looking up some logs, notes, and picture designs, Lush would try to explain his thoughts on sound production, and ideas he had thought of that would really amplify his fighting style in battle.

I want my heroic identity to be kinda mysterious, yah know!? Something sleek that shows off the curvatures of my athletic body while still granting defense. the Youngin stresses along with many un-needed hand gestures.

Now along with that!? What I want to do with sound!! Hahaha, this one will surely test you're limits and stimulate that intellectual mind of yours my friend. Are you up for the task?
Luscious' excitement was infectious to Ekko. The young student's face lit up as he poured about his item, his body language turning downright giddy. Ekko couldn't help but smile as he soaked in Luscious' energy.

"Am I up to it? Ha! I'm sure that you guys' imagination will surpass my capabilities one day. But it ain't gonna be today," Ekko chimed back, his energy matching Luscious'.

DoT_Narrator

Kin
164💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

"Of course," Ekko beamed back at Yusuke.

The apprentice remembered working on Sode no Shirayuki very well. Frankly, Ekko found Yusuke's integration between his Quirk and the weapon's design to be a sign of the young hero's ingenuity.

"Only as strong as Sode no Shirayuki, eh?" Ekko chuckled. "Then it's a sword as fine as its wielder."

Luscious' excitement was infectious to Ekko. The young student's face lit up as he poured about his item, his body language turning downright giddy. Ekko couldn't help but smile as he soaked in Luscious' energy.

"Am I up to it? Ha! I'm sure that you guys' imagination will surpass my capabilities one day. But it ain't gonna be today,"

Ekko chimed back, his energy matching Luscious'.

WEEKLY PARTICIPATION GRADE:
The Weekly Participation of this thread has been officially graded. The following names on the list below have received Permission to Submit 1 Costume or Gadget at C-Grade OR, Gains Permission to Upgrade 1 Costume or Gadget to B-Grade. due to meeting the criteria being played out.
  • Ian
  • Mant
  • Squidy

Squidy

Regular
Kin
837💸
Kumi
4,493💴
Trait Points
60⚔️
Status
Corner after corner, Luscious rushed to the Bodega Bay workshop after hearing his compadre had returned in one piece. Entering the room he noticed the many bodies occupying it, he himself deducing its cause due to be a response of the various provisional heroes rising to meet the growth of villainy. He scanned the room, looking left, then right, then left again, until he spotted the dark skinned young genius, running up to him in response.

"Ekko! Nice to see you man! I heard you been through a lot leading your first mission, but I hope it was a success!?"

Punching his fist into the wall he then expressed his sudden spike in anger, his face making an expression that fitted accordingly.

"Why didn't you take me man!? You know you my boy and I'd never had left you hanging, but no worries bro, good to have you back!!"

The Uncrowned King would then take out his note pad with the draft of his ideas of a costume upgrade hoping his comrade could help him out as usual.

"I can't fall behind while the rise in villainy continues, help me be a better hero bro. I can't do it without you!"

<201 Words>

BZA

Kin
555💸
Kumi
10,822💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Rumi's heart rushed in excitement. The heroine, all smiles found herself huffing and puffing as she leapt from balconies onto street lights and across alleyways. Her explosive hops never coming to a stop until her feet touched down into Dr Corki’s classroom. Her arrival marked by the powerful albeit elegant thump that resounded within the room. For countless weeks, the provisional hero had traveled through and past this structure. Yet, the aesthetic and architecture of this location, never ceased to impressed. It size notwithstanding the department of support's interior had been abuzz with whirls and whizzes.

A network of wires and bulbous machinations lingered about with neon lights flashing periodically in hues of blue and orange. Marveling at the wonders of the modern age, the bunny eared babe whistled as she moved deeper within to locate the gnome of a man who masterminded all its creations. Once she located him, she stared at the bushy mustache that hanged from his upper lip and danced to his every motion. "
You need to lay off the donuts, old man" Rumi chuckled as she reached out for a carrot. Its succulent orange flesh crunching as she dug her teeth deep and snatched a sizable chunk from its length. "I need your mind in tip top shape for my next creation"

- 218 -

Last edited:

Strix

Elite
Kin
4,766💸
Kumi
3,272💴
Trait Points
5⚔️
Status
It had been a while since Nejire had been back to the Bodega Bay workshop, its walls adorned with multiple screens, gadgets and prototypes that the students and professor had whipped up. Nejire was in awe of it most of the time, their quirk helping them create some amazing things, they even helped create Nejire's Hero Suit. Hoping they were in today, Nejire was looking at improving her suit, make some adjustments to it. The last incident had taken its toll, where there were some cuts and scratches in the suit and making it look worse for wear.

Knocking on the door, Nejire as she stood in the doorway, she hoped to get the attention of the professor or Ekko.

Is there any way you might be able to fix or improve this for me? It really took a beating last week, but I know you guys are amazing at fixing them! Id really appreciate it!

Nejire's honest and earnest voice called out to the room, her happy go lucky trademark smile plastered on her face. There was a comfort in working with professors and other students to progress further forward on her path.

Inashi

Regular
Kin
223💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
50⚔️
Percival hadn’t been to the shop in a very long time. Seeing as it was time to acquire an upgrade, he would ponder on what he would like to be upgraded first... His Flamberg or his Crimson Knight armor. His armor wasn’t too worn which led him to believe it could go on without being renewed for a little longer. As he walked up to Workshop desk, he would place his Sword in front of it in a leaning position. Attempting to seek help from either Ekko or Dr. Corki. He felt this task would best suit Ekko more so than the professor.
“Hey, I’m looking to Upgrade my Flamberg... Possibly by infusing my own DNA into it allowing for it to be able to withstand the immense heat that is produced by my quirk”

Shade Masa

Elite
Kin
236💸
Kumi
9💴
Trait Points
75⚔️
It had been a long time since Khun Eduan had been to Bodega Bay. This was the new school grounds ever since the Horizon building was destroyed. Khun spent most of his time at the Hollywood due to agency , along with going to the old Horizon building. Khun, unlike a lot of the students, didn't live in the university's dorms either, opting to move close to his agency.

It's been a while.

Khun entered the workshop and immediately headed towards Ekko, a fellow third year. Khun respected Ekko, despite not having a quirk he still excelled with his mind. This was one of the few students Khun respected. Khun decided it was time for him to gain a weapon for combat. Khun already dabbled with the spear before and was proficient with it, so that was going to be his weapon of choice.

I have an idea for a spear, it should be easy for someone like you.

Khun would explain how he wanted his spear to be crafted.