Regular
Kin
1,720💸
Kumi
15💴
Trait Points
58⚔️

You must be registered for see images
The Camp Training Grounds is this massive grassland groomed in the center of the thick forest that creates a veil around Bodega Bay. The pathway is secret to Horizon University students and it is equipped with high-tech dummies capable of combatting against all sorts of Quirks. Whenever Professor Fallon has scheduled class time for students to attend, she is often holding her frequent physical exams. These exams vary between all sorts of test but she prefers that the students combat against each other. With practice comes great skill and power.​

Free-Roam Rubric
→ Characters that are recognized as Students can post in this thread.

→ This Free-Roam is considered a Development Thread, meaning you are promised the rewards discussed below for proper participation. It also means the thread will remain available bi-weekly.

→ Proper Participation refers to Characters that at least behave with the interest to train their technical fighting ability against each other. Role-Players cannot post less than Three [3] times per weekly attempt, however Two [2] of those post must conclude sparring with one another. Each Post Word Count Minimum and Limit is Two Hundred [150] & Three Hundred [300] Words, Respectively.

→ You are free to do whatever you please. Remember your actions have consequences whether they are deemed positive or negative.
→ Cannot Power-Play, Meta-Game, or God-Mod Professor Fallon each time the thread is opened ( unless expressed otherwise ).​

Rewards
→ Proper Participation Rewards One [1] Point in the Technique Attribute. This Attribute Point Cannot Be Reallocated.
→ This reward is repeatable, but requires multiple weekly participation.​

Last edited:
Reactions: JojocIaw

ReXii

Legendary
Kin
1,342💸
Kumi
2,216💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

The Camp Training Grounds is this massive grassland groomed in the center of the thick forest that creates a veil around Bodega Bay. The pathway is secret to Horizon University students and it is equipped with high-tech dummies capable of combatting against all sorts of Quirks. Whenever Professor Fallon has scheduled class time for students to attend, she is often holding her frequent physical exams. These exams vary between all sorts of test but she prefers that the students combat against each other. With practice comes great skill and power.​

Free-Roam Rubric
→ Characters that are recognized as Students can post in this thread.​

→ This Free-Roam is considered a Development Thread, meaning you are promised the rewards discussed below for proper participation. It also means the thread will remain available bi-weekly.

→ Proper Participation refers to Characters that at least behave with the interest to train their technical fighting ability against each other. Role-Players cannot post less than three times per weekly attempt, however two of those post must conclude sparring with one another.

→ You are free to do whatever you please. Remember your actions have consequences whether they are deemed positive or negative.

→ Cannot Power-Play, Meta-Game, or God-Mod Professor Fallon each time the thread is opened ( unless expressed otherwise ).

Rewards
→ Proper Participation Rewards One [1] Point in the Technique Attribute. This Attribute Point Cannot Be Reallocated.​

→ This reward is repeatable, but requires multiple weekly participation.
Having received an invitation to the training grounds by his friend Yusuke, Akira donned his outfit and made his way to the area, travelling through the thick forest, Akira felt the sun slipping through the cracks in the branches, shining a deep golden light across the floor of the forest, it was currently around 5:30pm and the sun was dipping, but it hadn't yet set. Jokers feet moved lightly on the ground as he passed by several of the training dummies, stepping in to a small clearing, Akira looked around for a sign of his classmate and friend, but he couldn't see him anywhere.

"Perhaps he simply hasn't arrived yet." Akira said aloud, however he was the only person around, thankfully Dark Shadow was there so he didn't look entirely crazy. Dark shadow began to move around him in a circle, drawing a ring in to the earth with it's claws, the ring was 10 meters in every direction from the centre, making it large enough to fight in.

Apriori

Regular
Kin
1,720💸
Kumi
15💴
Trait Points
58⚔️
Yusuke casually strolled into the clearing dedicated to the training grounds. As much as the young student appreciated the beauty of nature, walking through the forest was not appealing. Beyond dirty, perhaps the tradeoff for the wonder that flaunted around the forest. Yusuke emerged from the forest with Sode no Shiraiyuki gripped in his right arm. Off in the distance was Akira, a good friend and rival made some time ago. Both were from different walks of life, but somehow developed similar beliefs. None of the other students were visible, despite that Professor Fallon whom was present had ordered the students to attend.

“Ahhhh, Akira-Kun! Pleasant to see you after all this time.”​

Yusuke bowed with his right arm pressed against his chest and left arm extended, still grasping his comrade. This all occurred once the student was in speaking range with Akira. Towards the ending of the bow, Yusuke would begin to smile and slowly rise. He was excited for testing his growth against his friend. He had always in the past bested him.

“Ready for our bout?”​

Word Count: 179

JojocIaw

Elite
Kin
1,591💸
Kumi
33💴
Trait Points
42⚔️
Awards
Kyoshi stretched as she waited for Lawrence, A.K.A Blackmayne. The two were scheduled to spar today, with him being quirkless and all, he had to rely on his fists and gadgets to compete. Kyoshi respected his grind, most would never be so bold being in his situation. This however was not solely for his sake, but Kyoshi's as well. Being so reliant on her quirk can get her so far, Kyoshi knew if she were ever in a situation where she can't earthbend she would essentially be useless. Unable to protect civilians nor herself for that matter.

Where is he...

ReXii

Legendary
Kin
1,342💸
Kumi
2,216💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Yusuke casually strolled into the clearing dedicated to the training grounds. As much as the young student appreciated the beauty of nature, walking through the forest was not appealing. Beyond dirty, perhaps the tradeoff for the wonder that flaunted around the forest. Yusuke emerged from the forest with Sode no Shiraiyuki gripped in his right arm. Off in the distance was Akira, a good friend and rival made some time ago. Both were from different walks of life, but somehow developed similar beliefs. None of the other students were visible, despite that Professor Fallon whom was present had ordered the students to attend.

“Ahhhh, Akira-Kun! Pleasant to see you after all this time.”

Yusuke bowed with his right arm pressed against his chest and left arm extended, still grasping his comrade. This all occurred once the student was in speaking range with Akira. Towards the ending of the bow, Yusuke would begin to smile and slowly rise. He was excited for testing his growth against his friend. He had always in the past bested him.

“Ready for our bout?”

Word Count: 179
"Good evening, Kitagawa-kun. I am ready, maybe you'll win one this time." Akira smirked and adjusted his mask as Dark Shadow swirled around his body staring at Yusuke menacingly, the creature was difficult to control as the sun went down, but Akira was confident he could control it this time, he wouldn't spar with a friend if that wasn't the case, as Dark Shadow in the past had went berserk on several occasions and caused mass destruction.

In his Joker persona, Akira had his costume on, he also had his tyrant pistol and lost paradise knife with him, holstered beneath his coat concealed, although Yusuke would know about them given they had spent time together. Akira adopted a fighting pose, cocky his guard was low, his demeanour was designed to bait opponents in to attacking recklessly, by offering false openings, in truth Dark Shadow was ready and so was he.

"Bring it, Inari!" Joker said with a grin. Drawing his gun with his left hand, he sent a shot at Yusuke's centre mass.

Lord of Kaos

Supreme
Kin
2,063💸
Kumi
71,112💴
Trait Points
41⚔️
"Blackmayne, cmon bro! Let me pull up! I just wanna watch!"
"And I told you NO! After you did the whole stunt about the Jordans and Instagram, I told you that you grounded."
"Grounded? **** outta here, ground these nut- hello? Hello?!"

As Blackmayne hung up on his sidekick Sparrow, he continued to travel towards Bodega Bay, slightly annoyed. That kid was gonna be the death of Tom one of these days.

"Or Ima beat his mtfing ass".

Meanwhile, Sparrow is slightly annoyed about being hung up on. Mumbling under his breath, he dressed up in his gear and equipment and decided to travel behind Blackmayne.

"Mtfer think he gone leave me? Yea aite, I know exactly where he going. Genius but he leaving his plans on the Blackhouse table smh. Matter of fact, lemme put these up first.... OH I can snap pics for the @Trill IG page, gimme some baddies to follow. Yessir, let's go"

As he arrived, Blackmayne saw a tall white man in the clearing. Walking up, Blackmayne spoke to him.

"Excuse me privileged male, have you seen a tall Lisa Leslie build woman arou- wait, Kyoshi? Damn, I thought you was a white dude. What's up, my sistah? Why you got whiteface on?"

1 post to Sparrow sneaks up.

JojocIaw

Elite
Kin
1,591💸
Kumi
33💴
Trait Points
42⚔️
Awards
"Excuse me privileged male, have you seen a tall Lisa Leslie build woman arou- wait, Kyoshi? Damn, I thought you was a white dude. What's up, my sistah? Why you got whiteface on?"

Kyoshi blew air out her nose at Blackmayne's response.

It's part of my costume. It helps hide my identity. But that aside, you ready to get this spar going?

Apriori

Regular
Kin
1,720💸
Kumi
15💴
Trait Points
58⚔️
Already donning the Kitsune persona, Yusuke quickly unsheathed Sode no Shirayuki to slice through the center mass of the bullet. History afforded the hero with information on his opponent’s tactical habits. Kitsune believed that this action was a ploy to grant him tactical advantage. Dark Shadow his comrade had entered the battle, but Yusuke remained at ease. The katana in his gripped was his own comrade so the battle was still even in terms of assistance. All one fluid motion, after cutting the bullet and its fragments forcefully redirected to the sides of Kitsune, the hero threw three vials of water at the opponent while following the trajectory. Even if Joker intended to dodge or use Dark Shadow, Kitsune intended to intercept any action. Flash Freezing his katana, the weapon began to sing with its chills consuming the immediate vicinity. Yusuke thought to make a snide remark, enticing his friend.

“Night time is approach! Only right if you want to best me this time, my friend.”​

Word Count: 156

Last edited:

ReXii

Legendary
Kin
1,342💸
Kumi
2,216💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Already donning the Kitsune persona, Yusuke quickly unsheathed Sode no Shirayuki to slice through the center mass of the bullet. History afforded the hero with information on his opponent’s tactical habits. Kitsune believed that this action was a ploy to grant him tactical advantage. Dark Shadow his comrade had entered the battle, but Yusuke remained at ease. The katana in his gripped was his own comrade so the battle was still even in terms of assistance. All one fluid motion, after cutting the bullet and its fragments forcefully redirected to the sides of Kitsune, the hero threw three vials of water at the opponent while following the trajectory. Even if Joker intended to dodge or use Dark Shadow, Kitsune intended to intercept any action. Flash Freezing his katana, the weapon began to sing with its chills consuming the immediate vicinity. Yusuke thought to make a snide remark, enticing his friend.

“Night time is approach! Only right if you want to best me this time, my friend.”

Word Count: 156
Akira smirked as he saw Yusuke draw his blade slicing the bullet, causing the water to explode outwards and be frozen, sending shards of ice past the young blue haired man, Akira used this opportunity to show his development, shooting forwards at high speed he activated ten percent of one for all, drawing paradise lost from it's sheath in his right hand as he did so.

Akira knew that Yusuke's icy quirk made his sword very dangerous to clash with, usually the pain of one for all would distract Akira, but his body was tougher now he was trained and his own damage shaving allowed him to be free of injury using this quirk at this level. Ducking low after the vials of water were thrown, allowing him to avoid them, Akira would swing his lost paradise dagger at Yusuke's ankle of his left leg, striking the outer ankle potentially causing harm, whilst performing this action, Dark shadow would move to Akira's left providing a shield between the water and Akira by having them smash against the black mass whilst circling around behind Yusuke attempting to strike him in the back of the head.

"Hope you can still keep up Kitagawa-Kun" Joker said with a grin, taunting his opponent but in jest of course.

Last edited:

Lord of Kaos

Supreme
Kin
2,063💸
Kumi
71,112💴
Trait Points
41⚔️

Kyoshi blew air out her nose at Blackmayne's response.

It's part of my costume. It helps hide my identity. But that aside, you ready to get this spar going?
Kyoshi replied to Blackmayne, sounding slightly agitated. Blackmayne was still confused on why the sister had to mimic Harley's skin to be undercover but that wasn't any of his business. Wasting no time, she followed up asking him about the spar.

[b}"Of course I'm ready, my amazonian friend. Ladies first"[/b]

As he awaited her actions, he shifted his left leg forward while his right one slid half a foot backwards. He raised his left arm into a bend with his fist slightly lower than his chin as his right arm near his stomach, also bent. Allowing for easy access to his stun gun if he needed it, Blackmayne stood prepared for her to act.

"Bruh thought he was gone leave me? Yeah aite... turn left on Crenshaw.....almost there, this mane tripping tripping."

As Sparrow chased behind Blackmayne's trail, he ran with one of his gas canisters on his back.

"I'll show him, he gone love this. Aite boom, I'm here," he mumbled, sneaking through the forest to find the clearing in the trees where several people were fighting. Looking around, he saw Blackmayne taking a stance to fight against this man in a dress.

"Wait....that's not a dude...."

JojocIaw

Elite
Kin
1,591💸
Kumi
33💴
Trait Points
42⚔️
Awards
Kyoshi grinned as Blackmayne took a fighting stance. With a quick glance, she spotted his gun on his hip, now knowing he had to intention to fight fair. Well, that is one way to battle she thought to herself. Kyoshi would kneel down and slam her fists into the ground, manipulating the earth to conform to her fists. With her new pseudo boxing gloves, Kyoshi charged at him, all the while being aware of his gun in the event he wanted to fire it. When she got withing range, Kyoshi would launch a right straight aimed for the center of his face.

Lord of Kaos

Supreme
Kin
2,063💸
Kumi
71,112💴
Trait Points
41⚔️
Kyoshi lowered herself to the earth, striking it to cause makeshift boxing gloves of stones around her fists. Blackmayne paused a second, prepared for the quirk usage though not so soon.

"Wayment now, you ain't say quirk usag-" As Blackmayne tried to argue his case, she ran forward towards him.

Gathering his composure quickly, Blackmayne got back into his stance just as the punch was launched towards his face, using the motion and stance to his advantage. With the fist coming towards his face, Blackmayne leaned back slightly as he rotated his hips clockwise to allow the fist to avoid his face narrowly passing by and towards his right shoulder.

As he did this, his own left arm would attempt to grab the outside of her out stretched arm's clothing, pushing her forward with her own moving momentum carrying her as well if successful. I can't let those punches land, Blackmayne thought, sure they would deal some damage to him. As he would push her away, he moved into his stance again, now facing the exact opposite direction he began as Kyoshi would be moving should he maneuver be successful.

Meanwhile, Sparrow noticed the woman attacking the ground to gather earth around his fist, causing him to suck his teeth.

"Tch, he playin, foo! He can just shoot her with the BlackGUUN and **** her up at this distance! See, he needs me more than I thought. Rookie mistakes...

Sparrow continued to mumble under his breath, sure that the woman had nefarious plans and was a villain. He had to help, but how? He slowly moved through the trees to get closer.

Apriori

Regular
Kin
1,720💸
Kumi
15💴
Trait Points
58⚔️
When Joker closed the distance and attempted to cripple the Glacial Hero, Kitsune leaped upward in a swift bound. Legs together and his arms stretched to resemble a cross. He saw that Dark Shadow began to maneuver to surround the fox and wanted to possibly eliminate said advantage. The descending sun casting a spectacle of a shadow, once the hero was tumbled ( since the leap was performed to progress into a backflip ) he was facing down toward his opponents. Kistune began to thrust forward multiple times, after uttering a phrase.

“May the winds feel the strokes of metal, becoming enamored by your icy kiss. SECOND DANCE, WHITE STRIKE!”​

Performing six thrusts, ice shard began to rain down upon Joker and Dark Shadow. Kitsune never intended for his power to be tremendous because the features associated with the ice. Gluttonous in nature, simply being near the ice risked your safety. The debilitating effects of Freeze Tag was enough to stop anyone in their tracks, should they be inflicted by the chilling aura of the ice.

Word Count: 176

JojocIaw

Elite
Kin
1,591💸
Kumi
33💴
Trait Points
42⚔️
Awards
Kyoshi lowered herself to the earth, striking it to cause makeshift boxing gloves of stones around her fists. Blackmayne paused a second, prepared for the quirk usage though not so soon.

"Wayment now, you ain't say quirk usag-" As Blackmayne tried to argue his case, she ran forward towards him.

Gathering his composure quickly, Blackmayne got back into his stance just as the punch was launched towards his face, using the motion and stance to his advantage. With the fist coming towards his face, Blackmayne leaned back slightly as he rotated his hips clockwise to allow the fist to avoid his face narrowly passing by and towards his right shoulder.

As he did this, his own left arm would attempt to grab the outside of her out stretched arm's clothing, pushing her forward with her own moving momentum carrying her as well if successful. I can't let those punches land, Blackmayne thought, sure they would deal some damage to him. As he would push her away, he moved into his stance again, now facing the exact opposite direction he began as Kyoshi would be moving should he maneuver be successful.

Meanwhile, Sparrow noticed the woman attacking the ground to gather earth around his fist, causing him to suck his teeth.

"Tch, he playin, foo! He can just shoot her with the BlackGUUN and **** her up at this distance! See, he needs me more than I thought. Rookie mistakes...

Sparrow continued to mumble under his breath, sure that the woman had nefarious plans and was a villain. He had to help, but how? He slowly moved through the trees to get closer.
As Kyoshi recovered from Blackmayne's maneuver, she would spin around to face him once more. Thrusting her palms forward she would send a pair of earthen hands from below her to travel forward in an attempt to grab Blackmayne. If her grab was successful she would then slam him onto the ground repeatedly. Brutal? Yes. Practical? Absolutely.

ReXii

Legendary
Kin
1,342💸
Kumi
2,216💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
When Joker closed the distance and attempted to cripple the Glacial Hero, Kitsune leaped upward in a swift bound. Legs together and his arms stretched to resemble a cross. He saw that Dark Shadow began to maneuver to surround the fox and wanted to possibly eliminate said advantage. The descending sun casting a spectacle of a shadow, once the hero was tumbled ( since the leap was performed to progress into a backflip ) he was facing down toward his opponents. Kistune began to thrust forward multiple times, after uttering a phrase.

“May the winds feel the strokes of metal, becoming enamored by your icy kiss. SECOND DANCE, WHITE STRIKE!”

Performing six thrusts, ice shard began to rain down upon Joker and Dark Shadow. Kitsune never intended for his power to be tremendous because the features associated with the ice. Gluttonous in nature, simply being near the ice risked your safety. The debilitating effects of Freeze Tag was enough to stop anyone in their tracks, should they be inflicted by the chilling aura of the ice.

Word Count: 176
Joker looked in surprise as his friend leapt gracefully in to the air avoiding his swipe, and avoiding Dark Shadows attempted flanking manoeuvre, it seemed that Yusuke had been practising his acrobatics, perhaps he had been meeting with Kasumi and learning gymnastics from her too. Joker's train of thought was quickly broken by Yusuke's yelling of attack names, he was always one for the spectacle.

Joker recognised the danger of this attack, knowing Yusuke's quirk ability realtively well given their time as friends. Realising his options were limited with Dark Shadow in a poor position, Joker would tap in to one for all to the full extent he was capable of reaching, which was 20%. This normally would've fractured his bones immediately, a lesson he learned painfully in the past however his extreme training was paying off it seemed, he winced a little as the power was summoned but that was all, before swinging his paradise lost knife defensively, with his raw power causing rushing winds, a violent wave of air emanated from his blade as he swung it, smashing the icy aura away from him leaving him unharmed.

While this happened Dark Shadow returned to his side, hovering just behind him as the sun crept away, the shadow began to swell and grow, Joker could feel it's anger rising, this wasn't good.

"Sun's getting pretty low Yusuke, this could get dangerous!"

DoT_Narrator

Kin
164💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

WEEKLY PARTICIPATION GRADE:
The Weekly Participation of this thread has been officially graded. The following names on the list below have received One [1] Point to the Technique Attribute due to meeting the criteria being played out.
  • ReXii
  • Jojo
  • Mant

Status
Not open for further replies.