GRPT Conflict Resolution Thread

Lord of Kaos

Supreme
Kin
659💸
Kumi
68,425💴
This thread is to be used when conflicts between combatants cannot be resolved and an agreement cannot be reached. Only fight participants, sensei, and moderators can post here. Arguments are to first be made in VMs. Arguments made over Discord, or other messaging services, do not officially count as initial arguments. They must be done over VMs. After posting, Lord of Kaos will check each fight.

This thread is not to be used for Battle Arena disagreements. This is strictly used for disagreements in the GRPT.

The template:

Link to Fight:
Link to VM Conversation:
Issue:
Your Reasoning of the Issue:

And the response from the other side of the argument:

Serpent

Legendary
Kin
2,379💸
Kumi
3,452💴
Link to Fight: [Grand RP Tourney] - Serpent vs Delta
Link to VM Conversation: [Here]
Issue: Timeframe/Technique misuse
Your Reasoning of the Issue: Now that Delta agrees that his Sage Mode isn't a passive ability like he originally intended because his bio doesn't have the Sage Master specialty. This means he's now used two techniques at different timeframes to counter my one. A clear violation of the Timeframe rules. I lost ruling for this very reason when my Rinnegan activation wasn't passive. Sasori, Zat and Priest all agreed.
You must be registered for see images

Link: https://animebase.me/threads/tenjin’s-cathedral-128-nana-vs-hei.766720/
The clear violation is with sage mode itself. Delta can't use another technique at the same time as using the instant activation for sage mode since well, It's instant. Besides that Sage Mode says that you cannot mold chakra while gathering senjutsu.. I know Wood Sage Mode is slightly different since it says:
"Unlike other variations of Sage mode, Wood release and its natural affinity towards Natural energy allows the user to gather natural energy more easily. While meditating the user is able to use Ninjutsu up to A rank of Wood release and its components. However, only techniques that employ shape manipulation can be used and the rate of conversion between Chakra and Senjutsu Chakra is 5% per turn (Sage mode activates at 10% reserve, requires uninterrupted meditation). The user can continue to use this ability once he enters Sage mode, to extend the duration but his techniques are not empowered. "
However the technique being used 'at the same time' is S-rank and thous cannot be used while gathering senjutsu. Not only is the rank of the technique higher then what would be allowed by sage mode, but the technique itself wouldn't be able to be boosted if he's converting senjutsu at the same time. I believe that since he is trying to use his wood technique at the same time as entering sage mode, the wood technique will fail. Causing him to be bound by the tar, electrocuted by the sixteen pillar, and then baked in it's oven. Another issue to note is the speed of attacks. My Tar forms from the ground he is standing on, and attacks him from directly below. He creates a forest outside the tar pit from 10m away after the tar has formed to reach out and grab him for escape. I don't see how his wood could move 10m in the time it would take my tar to move a couple feet. Also nothing in his technique says he can freely manipulate it like he does. The technique grows a forest, but doesn't say he can manipulate to the degree that the trees to reach out and grab him, then pull him backwards so freely.

Delta

Legendary
Kin
2,663💸
Kumi
4,155💴
Link to Fight: [Grand RP Tourney] - Serpent vs Delta
Link to VM Conversation: [Here]
Issue: Timeframe/Technique misuse
Your Reasoning of the Issue: Now that Delta agrees that his Sage Mode isn't a passive ability like he originally intended because his bio doesn't have the Sage Master specialty. This means he's now used two techniques at different timeframes to counter my one. A clear violation of the Timeframe rules. I lost ruling for this very reason when my Rinnegan activation wasn't passive. Sasori, Zat and Priest all agreed.

Link: https://animebase.me/threads/tenjin’s-cathedral-128-nana-vs-hei.766720/
The clear violation is with sage mode itself. Delta can't use another technique at the same time as using the instant activation for sage mode since well, It's instant. Besides that Sage Mode says that you cannot mold chakra while gathering senjutsu.. I know Wood Sage Mode is slightly different since it says:
"Unlike other variations of Sage mode, Wood release and its natural affinity towards Natural energy allows the user to gather natural energy more easily. While meditating the user is able to use Ninjutsu up to A rank of Wood release and its components. However, only techniques that employ shape manipulation can be used and the rate of conversion between Chakra and Senjutsu Chakra is 5% per turn (Sage mode activates at 10% reserve, requires uninterrupted meditation). The user can continue to use this ability once he enters Sage mode, to extend the duration but his techniques are not empowered. "
However the technique being used 'at the same time' is S-rank and thous cannot be used while gathering senjutsu. Not only is the rank of the technique higher then what would be allowed by sage mode, but the technique itself wouldn't be able to be boosted if he's converting senjutsu at the same time. I believe that since he is trying to use his wood technique at the same time as entering sage mode, the wood technique will fail. Causing him to be bound by the tar, electrocuted by the sixteen pillar, and then baked in it's oven. Another issue to note is the speed of attacks. My Tar forms from the ground he is standing on, and attacks him from directly below. He creates a forest outside the tar pit from 10m away after the tar has formed to reach out and grab him for escape. I don't see how his wood could move 10m in the time it would take my tar to move a couple feet. Also nothing in his technique says he can freely manipulate it like he does. The technique grows a forest, but doesn't say he can manipulate to the degree that the trees to reach out and grab him, then pull him backwards so freely.
Firstly, Stop saying that. Not once have i ever argued that it was passive, go read my move, all my passives are in brackets next to the technique names, i dont know where you got this notion that i in any instance believed my SM was passive, you're just making up facts with this statement.

Secondly, you're Rinnegan example isn't even on the same spectrum as this, because the Rinnegan rules are clear as day in the technique
"Note: Requires activation ( spending move ) for Madara bios but remains active indefinetely afterwards if the user chooses to. After having a complete Madara bio with Rinnegan for 1 month, user becomes able to switch between both doujutsu without spending a move. User needs to have activated EMS before and had it active for 1 full turn. "(Note, you agreed in Discord that our bios use the same Rinnegan activation"
You're inability to read is what killed you in the example you're using, and for some weird reason you just assumed your bio was exempt from the rinnegan activation rules for whatever reason, with no real evidence to back the claim up in your own bio's specific rules, so stop using that as an example time and time again, when the two arnt even relevant to each other.

Thirdly, now you're quoting things from my Wood SM, which, on one hand you're right, yet on the other you're wrong. So, with the shape manipulation part, yes, while im Meditating, i can use A rank Wood Water and Earth release techniques, you are correct in that statement, however. The way i entered Sage mode is not through Meditation, it's through forceful Senjutsu conversion, which is not meditation in the slightest.
"
  • Additionally, Perfect Sages possess the ability to instantly activate Sage mode without meditation with 10% of their maximum reserve as Senjutsu Chakra once per battle. Naruto Uzumaki bios are able to instantly activate with 20% of their maximum reserve and up to 50% of their reserve. He is also able to use Sage Mode with his Bijuu Modes, the effects stacking together barring speed increases.
"
Read Bolded, WITHOUT MEDITATION, so i dont know what you're on about here about my using techniques while meditating, when im not meditating in the first place, so another Moot point on your end.

Fourth. Boosting issues. Ok, so, i enter SM instantly, re read that, Instantly. It's an instant activation, so it has no timeframe or speed element, because its literally instant, cannot be interrupted by anything through methods of speed. Now, lets read the part of my move where everything happens shall we

"As Raven Crunched down, in the same motion, she would bring her hands together, ready to form a handseal. At the same time as crushing the pill, Raven instantly and passively converted 10% of her now teaming Chakra reserves into Senjutsu, forcing herself into sage mode, however, due to the face on her chest, hidden under her garb, her face would not change like normal Sage mode users. "

Now, in my move, i keep the Timeframe very very very tight. As everything i do happens in one motion, it's an extremely tight list of actions, however, how everything in my move happens can be broken down quite easily. As my actions go, Pill>SM>Wood release. I crush the pill while my hands are in motion upwards towards my body to form the handseal. As soon as the pill is crushed, i INSTANTLY(remember, instantly)convert my chakra, which INSTANTLY(again, instantly, meaning faster than i can make a handseal) enter SM. As i enter SM, i finish forming my handseal, which completes my jutsu. It's a very tight list of actions, but, it has a set action list of how everything happens, even if it is very tight. So, my med pill and SM happen Before my wood release as per my move, yet all in the same time frame. Now, i know you're probably still looking at that part where i say "Instantly and passively" however, im STILL not talking about SM activation being passive, im merely talking about the chakra conversion portion, not the technique itself.

Now, onto the actual issue at hand, whether or not Sage mode can be used in the same Timeframe as another technique. As ive linked multiple times now, and shall link one further time, i give my example of Sasori's ruling on the Zatanna vs Lgeezy Fight.
https://animebase.me/threads/open-official-battle-keep-up.767663/#post-21926882

In this fight, Lgeezy Activates his Sage mode and Summons his spider at the same time. Serpent seems to believe that these actions are slightly seperated in the time frame, which would be possible the way Geezy has written his move, however, and thats the key word, "however". In Geezy's move, he states,

"At the same time however, Hotsuma would draw his own blood and wipe it across a summoning tattoo on his right hand. Which allowed him to summon one of his spiders to the battlefield. "

At the same time, however, is the key half sentence to his entire move. In his above paragraph, Geezy explains in detail how he enters SM and using the speed boost to freeform dodge Zatanna's Taijutsu actions. He uses this detail to properly dodge, but then in the second portion, he uses "At the same time, however" This wording means that, While Geezy is explaining his above paragraph about entering SM and dodging, he is also, at the same time, drawing blood summoning his spider. You can interpret that in whatever way you like, but it reads quite clearly that geezy is entering SM and summoning his spider, while at the same time freeform dodging Zatanna's Taijutsu assault. This is further backed up by Sasori in his grading notes

"
Okay, so the first issue is that Zee thinks that LGeezy would not have summoned his Spider and entered Sage mode the same time. The issue with this is that Zee already responded to LGeezy’s post when he said: “ At the same time however, Hotsuma would draw his own blood and wipe it across a summoning tattoo on his right hand.”

Afterwards, Zee responded meaning she acknowledged that his attack went through. However, even if that was not the case LGeezy would have been able to pull of his move because Sage mode itself does not cost any chakra, so he could easily summon his spider at the same time as he entered it, but that does not matter in this case. "

First bold, Sasori backs up what i wrote above, about how, while Lgeezy's post is split, his intention was to summon the spider and enter SM at the same time/same timeframe, so Sasori is acknowledging the same fact i am quoting, being that Geezy attempts/Succeeds(as Zatanna responded)to Enter SM and summon a Spider in the same TF.

Second bold, Sasori further backs up my claims, by directly stating that even if Zatanna had an issue with it, it would not have mattered, as per his Ruling, Sage mode and Spider summon would have happened in the same time frame, due to the fact that, in Sasori's own words "sage mode requires no chakra so he could easily summon his spider at the SAME TIME as he entered SM"

This is a Moderators Final ruling judgment on the fight, so i have NO reason to believe this is not the case with Sage Mode. If Sasori is wrong, then its up to other mods to pick up on it and fix the mistake, However, as it stands right now, according to a Mods ruling in a fight, Sage mode can be activated, and have a separate technique used in the same time frame. This very ruling was the entire basis of my move, as before this, i did NOT believe i could use Sage Mode and a technique in the same time frame, due to how Wood SM reads that you can only use A ranks during meditation, and this conversion is not Meditation. So my move's validity is based solely around the grading which directly states that i can.

Lastly, im growing an entire forest, i control the entire forest and how it grows, every branch every leaf every flower, if i want to grow a few branches that protrude down and loop under me and forcefully pull me from tar i can, it's an entire forest, and wood release in its core basis is capable of advanced control over its techniques.

Last edited:

-Broly-

Legendary
Kin
580💸
Kumi
3,575💴
Awards
Link to Fight: https://animebase.me/threads/grand-rp-tourney-broly-3-vs-riker-11.769256/#post-21949941
Link to VM Conversation: https://animebase.me/members/joestar.70993/#profile-post-7519888
Issue: My belief is that the 120 Damage barrier would cancel the Phantom Dragons,and block the tethering , leaving you hit with Jason's bullets for critical damage (60x2)
1) The wording in the Hungry Ghost and Black Sabbath technique you used is clear. Respectively they say

"Note: Surges or Barriers that utilize Yin, Yang, Yin-Yang or Natural Energy can break or prevent the tethering of the Hungry Ghost. "

and

"Note: Surges or Barriers that utilize Yin, Yin-Yang or Natural Energy of equal chakra can break or prevent the tethering of Black Sabbath "

If these are MEANT to say that you need pure senjutsu or techniques designed to purge Yin chakra (as Riker was arguing) then that is completely different from what the actual wording of the technique says, which is that barriers and surges merely only need to utilize Natural Energy.

Further adhering to these restrictions is the fact that Dark Magician attacked you with a barrier as seen by this text from the DM technique

" By slamming his staff on the ground he may erect a barrier around a target similar to "Sealing Technique: Three Directions Seal" "

And according to the Perfect Sage Mode technique I used, DM as well as any other techniques I use will utilize Natural Energy until the end of PSM

"To enter this form, a minimum of 10% of the user’s maximum chakra reserve must be moulded into Senjutsu chakra, all subsequent technique employ Senjutsu chakra until the minimum cost (-10/turn) cannot be paid to sustain the mode. "

So it seems pretty clear to me that this technique would break the tethering/prevent it from happening. I also have doubts about you using Black Sabbath on a Yin technique. BS says that it can be used on an elemental jutsu, and while Phantom Dragons may be infused with elemental chakra, I dont believe it counts as an Elemental technique due to being a yin tech. I'm not so sure on this though.

That being said, my belief is that the 120 Damage barrier would cancel the Phantom Dragons,and block the tethering , leaving you hit with Jason's bullets for critical damage (60x2)

Last edited:

Joestar

Immortal
Kin
1,057💸
Kumi
6,225💴
Link to Fight: https://animebase.me/threads/grand-rp-tourney-broly-3-vs-riker-11.769256/#post-21949941
Link to VM Conversation: https://animebase.me/members/joestar.70993/#profile-post-7519888
Issue: My belief is that the 120 Damage barrier would cancel the Phantom Dragons,and block the tethering , leaving you hit with Jason's bullets for critical damage (60x2)
1) The wording in the Hungry Ghost and Black Sabbath technique you used is clear. Respectively they say

"Note: Surges or Barriers that utilize Yin, Yang, Yin-Yang or Natural Energy can break or prevent the tethering of the Hungry Ghost. "

and

"Note: Surges or Barriers that utilize Yin, Yin-Yang or Natural Energy of equal chakra can break or prevent the tethering of Black Sabbath "

If these are MEANT to say that you need pure senjutsu or techniques designed to purge Yin chakra (as Riker was arguing) then that is completely different from what the actual wording of the technique says, which is that barriers and surges merely only need to utilize Natural Energy.

Further adhering to these restrictions is the fact that Dark Magician attacked you with a barrier as seen by this text from the DM technique

" By slamming his staff on the ground he may erect a barrier around a target similar to "Sealing Technique: Three Directions Seal" "

And according to the Perfect Sage Mode technique I used, DM as well as any other techniques I use will utilize Natural Energy until the end of PSM

"To enter this form, a minimum of 10% of the user’s maximum chakra reserve must be moulded into Senjutsu chakra, all subsequent technique employ Senjutsu chakra until the minimum cost (-10/turn) cannot be paid to sustain the mode. "

So it seems pretty clear to me that this technique would break the tethering/prevent it from happening. I also have doubts about you using Black Sabbath on a Yin technique. BS says that it can be used on an elemental jutsu, and while Phantom Dragons may be infused with elemental chakra, I dont believe it counts as an Elemental technique due to being a yin tech. I'm not so sure on this though.

That being said, my belief is that the 120 Damage barrier would cancel the Phantom Dragons,and block the tethering , leaving you hit with Jason's bullets for critical damage (60x2)
My reasoning of the issue is pretty simple. The note Broly is referring to in both the Hungry Ghost technique and mine indicate techniques that purge foreign energies or materials from the user. Surges are inherently meant to do so(clearing Genjutsu, for instance). Surges of chakra don't apply in physical jutsu clashes(in the case of things like creating a cloak of chakra, the surge itself isn't what protects you if something hits you). So I doubt the "surge" aspect is in reference to the physical clash between jutsu.

Barriers, being a form of Fuuinjutsu, are most used for their auxillary effects; most barriers will have auxillary effects with physical effects coming secondary or purely auxillary effects, with purely physical barriers being far lower in number than the former two types. Broly's barrier isn't doing anything in this move that a dome of Earth Release that closes in on me can't do, as its auxillary effects aren't in play in this situation.

It doesn't make sense that LoK or Reborn would give purely physical barriers infused with Senjutsu the ability to block the Ghost* because of these reasons. Why would a barrier be able to do so purely by clashing physically with the jutsu hosting the Ghost, but other solid, physical types of Ninjutsu like the basic elements or CEs don't even with NE added to them via Senjutsu? Why would they pick the least common form of barriers(purely physical) and link that with SURGES(non-physical and purge chakra) in the note?

The Ghost and Sabbath would both tether, weakening the pyramid.