Alyx

Supreme
Kin
805💸
Kumi
1,385💴
Trait Points
80⚔️
Hey hey! Welcome to Fuinjutsu training 101. Let's start by first establishing how much you know about the field. Explain it to me as best as you what you understand and we'll go from there.

Cresee

Supreme
Kin
4,820💸
Kumi
10,210💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Hey hey! Welcome to Fuinjutsu training 101. Let's start by first establishing how much you know about the field. Explain it to me as best as you what you understand and we'll go from there.
Fuuinjutsu is a sealing field that can be used in a variety of ways and with/to many things. You can lock away an entire person from existence, or maybe a specific part of their power (Hiruzen stealing Oro's jutsu) and it's the best and in most cases the only way to deal with "undead" (like Edo) or weird opponents that can't be killed. It can also be used to seal objects like an important forbidden weapon or chest, that only unlocks if you know how to work around the seal.

Besides just "sealing away", it also has other practical uses like Orochimaru placing a curse seal to actually give his victim power, a part of himself and even get revived from it. It's very versatile and even can be used to seal in-animate or definite thing like information. Many of them also have a trigger that can be used in a lethal way for e.g., Danzo putting some seal on Root members to prevent them from betraying him, otherwise they'd drop dead. It can also be used to outright prevent someone from doing or revealing something. Madara placed that weird seal on Obito when they first met, that prevented him from killing himself (it might have been something other than suicide but it was some kind of restriction seal). Another thing is S/T and barriers. FTG used a sealing-based teleportation method, and some notorious barriers are constructed primarily with the help of seals.

Alyx

Supreme
Kin
805💸
Kumi
1,385💴
Trait Points
80⚔️
Good, now majority of seals follow a 6 set of rules that entirely makes up the sealing script.

Fuuinjutsu is made up of 6 parts:
  • The Object/Target of the Seal - basically, whatever you're going to seal. And in this its crucial to understand the latus sense of what it means to seal something. You are able to seal not only a physical object but also energy or even metaphysical events such as souls or chakra. You can also seal links, such as those of a contract summoner with his summon or other seals. You can seal movement but also memories or emotions. The broad range of sealing objects is enormous.
  • The Medium/Vessel - basically, its what's going to contain the Object/Target. You can have organic vessels, inanimate or even simply pure chakra/energy as a vessel. Some seals are, themselves, a the medium and the vessel.
  • The Trigger - not all seals have this but 90% of them have. Its what triggers the sealing technique. It can be anything from trying to speak of a secret to simple handseals or chakra. The trigger is always there in latent seals; time delayed seals such as danzo's juuinjutsu. Some however don't have it such as the Contract Seal.
  • The Binding - this is the seal itself and it can be handseals, kanji formulas, etc. Its basically what will wrap, manipulate and contain the Object/Target into the vessel but also what alters the vessel to allow it to serve as a medium for the target of the seal. Its the most complex part and one of the more important ones.
  • Chakra - all seals require chakra to be produced, maintained or released. Chakra is what you expend to forcefully seal your target. This means that you'll always need to, as well, spend chakra to keep the target sealed. Some seals, such as the jinchuriki seals, don't use your own chakra (the one from the sealer) but that of the vessel, to keep the target sealed. Vessels can fuel the seals put on them if they are sentient beings and as such with their own chakra source. Because chakra is needed to keep the sealing, it has been verified that seals can also weaken with time as it deplets the chakra used to sustain it or as the vessel or binding becomes weaker/altered.
  • The Key - again, not all seals have this but most do. Its the key to unlock the seal and release whatever is sealed back into the world. A key can be anything from a sequence of handseals, which is more usual, to dna, like blood, or even a simple mental command. The key will basically do the inverse that the trigger does. It will manipulate the bindings into releasing the Target of the Seal.
Do you have any questions pertaining to these?

Cresee

Supreme
Kin
4,820💸
Kumi
10,210💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Good, now majority of seals follow a 6 set of rules that entirely makes up the sealing script.

Fuuinjutsu is made up of 6 parts:
  • The Object/Target of the Seal - basically, whatever you're going to seal. And in this its crucial to understand the latus sense of what it means to seal something. You are able to seal not only a physical object but also energy or even metaphysical events such as souls or chakra. You can also seal links, such as those of a contract summoner with his summon or other seals. You can seal movement but also memories or emotions. The broad range of sealing objects is enormous.
  • The Medium/Vessel - basically, its what's going to contain the Object/Target. You can have organic vessels, inanimate or even simply pure chakra/energy as a vessel. Some seals are, themselves, a the medium and the vessel.
  • The Trigger - not all seals have this but 90% of them have. Its what triggers the sealing technique. It can be anything from trying to speak of a secret to simple handseals or chakra. The trigger is always there in latent seals; time delayed seals such as danzo's juuinjutsu. Some however don't have it such as the Contract Seal.
  • The Binding - this is the seal itself and it can be handseals, kanji formulas, etc. Its basically what will wrap, manipulate and contain the Object/Target into the vessel but also what alters the vessel to allow it to serve as a medium for the target of the seal. Its the most complex part and one of the more important ones.
  • Chakra - all seals require chakra to be produced, maintained or released. Chakra is what you expend to forcefully seal your target. This means that you'll always need to, as well, spend chakra to keep the target sealed. Some seals, such as the jinchuriki seals, don't use your own chakra (the one from the sealer) but that of the vessel, to keep the target sealed. Vessels can fuel the seals put on them if they are sentient beings and as such with their own chakra source. Because chakra is needed to keep the sealing, it has been verified that seals can also weaken with time as it deplets the chakra used to sustain it or as the vessel or binding becomes weaker/altered.
  • The Key - again, not all seals have this but most do. Its the key to unlock the seal and release whatever is sealed back into the world. A key can be anything from a sequence of handseals, which is more usual, to dna, like blood, or even a simple mental command. The key will basically do the inverse that the trigger does. It will manipulate the bindings into releasing the Target of the Seal.
Do you have any questions pertaining to these?
Not yet, we can start with the techs

Alyx

Supreme
Kin
805💸
Kumi
1,385💴
Trait Points
80⚔️
( Isshi Tōjin ) - Light String Formation
Type: Supplementary
Range: Short
Chakra: 15
Damage: N/A
Description: This barrier is designed to prevent anyone from leaving its confines. Once within a certain range of the person, the user erects the barrier underfoot rendering anyone within the seals, incapable of escaping. Should the user use on someone of a higher rank than him, than the effects will be null. However, should 2 or more barriers are combined, then the effects will be increased one rank ( Kages would effect Sages now, for example ).

( Fuuinjutsu: Kōmu Kekkaijutsu ) - Sealing Arts: Crimson Mist Barrier Jutsu
Range: Short - Long
Description: By summoning a thick wall of mist, the user can impair sight for all within it. It also masks any sound from being heard outside of the mist. The effectiveness of this technique varies between users as it depends on the user's skill. Starting at Chunnin rank, this lasts for 1 turn and can be extended 1 turn per rank increase up to Kage rank (6 turns). Chunnin and Special Jounin can use this up to Short range, Jounin and S-class Ninja can use this up to Mid range and Sannin and up can extend this to long range

Alright, here are the first two~ talk to me about em, though from now on questions are mandatory. I'll only allow no questions for techniques that reallllly is straight forward/basic as hell (will notify of such instances).

Cresee

Supreme
Kin
4,820💸
Kumi
10,210💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I chuckled at the question part because it's very unusual for me to not ask a lot of them each time ><

( Isshi Tōjin ) - Light String Formation
Description: This barrier is designed to prevent anyone from leaving its confines. Once within a certain range of the person, the user erects the barrier underfoot rendering anyone within the seals, incapable of escaping. Should the user use on someone of a higher rank than him, than the effects will be null. However, should 2 or more barriers are combined, then the effects will be increased one rank ( Kages would effect Sages now, for example ).
I guess it's an okay jutsu if I have something to follow up with. It says confine "anyone," which also includes the person originally using it. Since it's short range, the opponent has a good chance to take advantage and do something the next turn that would force me into running around to counter - And I can't do that because of the barrier I just caused without wasting a move in my next turn to remove the barrier. But I guess I'll also be able to make use of that same tactic.

-Will taking damage cancel it? Goes for any barrier tech in general. If I cast a barrier and the enemy hits me right after, does it go away automatically after?
- Let's say this or any other similar barrier is used on me, can I just cast any random ninjutsu of let's say A or S rank to break it, or does it require a special ability or something?
- "Once within a certain range" = Same as short range?

( Fuuinjutsu: Kōmu Kekkaijutsu ) - Sealing Arts: Crimson Mist Barrier Jutsu
Range: Short - Long
Description: By summoning a thick wall of mist, the user can impair sight for all within it. It also masks any sound from being heard outside of the mist. The effectiveness of this technique varies between users as it depends on the user's skill. Starting at Chunnin rank, this lasts for 1 turn and can be extended 1 turn per rank increase up to Kage rank (6 turns). Chunnin and Special Jounin can use this up to Short range, Jounin and S-class Ninja can use this up to Mid range and Sannin and up can extend this to long range
Pretty much the only thing you gain is impairment of sight but the description of it is pretty vague. So how much of an advantage is distorting the person's line of sight? Let's say they have no doujutsu or sensory and similar, to what extent are they disabled in terms of seeing/countering my next moves?

Last edited:

Alyx

Supreme
Kin
805💸
Kumi
1,385💴
Trait Points
80⚔️
No taking damage will not just automatically cancel it unless its a sustained barrier (aka losing chakra per turn to maintain it). Attacking them in the case of those types of barriers and KOing them will cause them to no longer be conscious to allow chakra to sustain the barrier. As for attacking the barrier, most of them are intangible and cannot be interacted with *but* it depends on the technique's own description itself. SO it would be a case by case scenario. And yes short range.

Honestly its just a barrier version of the Hidden Mist Jutsu technique. It basically blocks vision like any real thick fog would, meaning you really can't see much outside of your close vicinity. Sharingan and Rinnegan are screwed in this case cause the chakra of the mist will blind them further as it carries chakra within it which acts as an additional blanket of sorts over the area. Byakugan would be able to see past it however due to its telescopic ability. It's a pretty weak barrier all in all but would make for some nice in character training.

Cresee

Supreme
Kin
4,820💸
Kumi
10,210💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
No taking damage will not just automatically cancel it unless its a sustained barrier (aka losing chakra per turn to maintain it). Attacking them in the case of those types of barriers and KOing them will cause them to no longer be conscious to allow chakra to sustain the barrier. As for attacking the barrier, most of them are intangible and cannot be interacted with *but* it depends on the technique's own description itself. SO it would be a case by case scenario. And yes short range.

Honestly its just a barrier version of the Hidden Mist Jutsu technique. It basically blocks vision like any real thick fog would, meaning you really can't see much outside of your close vicinity. Sharingan and Rinnegan are screwed in this case cause the chakra of the mist will blind them further as it carries chakra within it which acts as an additional blanket of sorts over the area. Byakugan would be able to see past it however due to its telescopic ability. It's a pretty weak barrier all in all but would make for some nice in character training.
That does answer all my questions but wouldn't the mist barrier be strong because even Rinnegan/Sharingan will have a problem navigating around? I mean I understand this technique but Idk how I'd use it to my advantage. Can you tell me an example or tactic?

That's the last question I have for this set. I guess we can move on

Alyx

Supreme
Kin
805💸
Kumi
1,385💴
Trait Points
80⚔️
That does answer all my questions but wouldn't the mist barrier be strong because even Rinnegan/Sharingan will have a problem navigating around? I mean I understand this technique but Idk how I'd use it to my advantage. Can you tell me an example or tactic?

That's the last question I have for this set. I guess we can move on
Well the best i can tell you is: Don't use it. It's not that great, and honestly if want to achieve a technique of similar feature - just use the Hidden Mist Jutsu technique. It's practically the same thing, just this one being slightly more fancy. It's ok for assassination attempts if you have the means for detecting like sound ninjutsu, you can use the Inner Sonar Skill to know the location of the person while within the barrier and be able to sneak on em etc. Or if you want to have a meeting with someone in peace, and not let information leak out from the inside you can set up the barrier in order to do so IC.

Cresee

Supreme
Kin
4,820💸
Kumi
10,210💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Well the best i can tell you is: Don't use it. It's not that great, and honestly if want to achieve a technique of similar feature - just use the Hidden Mist Jutsu technique. It's practically the same thing, just this one being slightly more fancy. It's ok for assassination attempts if you have the means for detecting like sound ninjutsu, you can use the Inner Sonar Skill to know the location of the person while within the barrier and be able to sneak on em etc. Or if you want to have a meeting with someone in peace, and not let information leak out from the inside you can set up the barrier in order to do so IC.
Uhh I guess it has no practical use in Battle RP then. Okay.

Alyx

Supreme
Kin
805💸
Kumi
1,385💴
Trait Points
80⚔️
(Kekkai: Tengai Hojin) - Barrier: Dome Method Formation
Range: Short- Mid
Chakra cost: 20 (- 10 per turn to keep active)
Damage points: N/A
Description: After clapping ones hands, this technique creates a spherical detection barrier above ground with the user at the center. At the user's command, the detection barrier can expand, grasping everything in the battle field. The user is able to detect anything that moves inside the barrier space with his or her own "sense".

(Kekkai Houjin) - Barrier Method Battle Array
Type: Attack
Chakra Cost: 20
Damage Points: 40
Description: Kekkai Houjin is a high-level Fuuinjutsu trap technique. An array of explosive markers is jointly placed around the boundary of an area. If any opponent walks through the boundary, the seals will activate and explode.

Next twoooo

Cresee

Supreme
Kin
4,820💸
Kumi
10,210💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
(Kekkai: Tengai Hojin) - Barrier: Dome Method Formation
Range: Short- Mid
Chakra cost: 20 (- 10 per turn to keep active)
Description: After clapping ones hands, this technique creates a spherical detection barrier above ground with the user at the center. At the user's command, the detection barrier can expand, grasping everything in the battle field. The user is able to detect anything that moves inside the barrier space with his or her own "sense".

(Kekkai Houjin) - Barrier Method Battle Array
Type: Attack
Chakra Cost: 20
Damage Points: 40
Description: Kekkai Houjin is a high-level Fuuinjutsu trap technique. An array of explosive markers is jointly placed around the boundary of an area. If any opponent walks through the boundary, the seals will activate and explode.

Next twoooo
1. Wait, isn't this barrier literally the sensory ninjutsu as a whole? The wording is unclear but it clearly states that you can grasp everything that's happening within range of it.

2. So uh what are the ways to "see"/detect a barrier? What doujutsus can view it? And can sensory ninjutsu help you detect barriers too? Or perhaps you can sight it with the naked eye itself

I'm getting mixed up here so sorry if the questions seem out of place

Alyx

Supreme
Kin
805💸
Kumi
1,385💴
Trait Points
80⚔️
1. Wait, isn't this barrier literally the sensory ninjutsu as a whole? The wording is unclear but it clearly states that you can grasp everything that's happening within range of it.

2. So uh what are the ways to "see"/detect a barrier? What doujutsus can view it? And can sensory ninjutsu help you detect barriers too? Or perhaps you can sight it with the naked eye itself

I'm getting mixed up here so sorry if the questions seem out of place
Nope, this cannot detect chakra. Sensory ninjas can detect chakra and among other things like tracking others, where as this barrier can detect movement but you can't literally identify someone specifically with it so its best to be used when very little others are around as you can then be able to track things a lot more smoothly.

You can detect a barrier in most cases with either Sensory or Dojutsu yes. Some barriers can be seen with the naked eye/senses but that would largely depend on how the barrier jutsu itself is described.

Cresee

Supreme
Kin
4,820💸
Kumi
10,210💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Nope, this cannot detect chakra. Sensory ninjas can detect chakra and among other things like tracking others, where as this barrier can detect movement but you can't literally identify someone specifically with it so its best to be used when very little others are around as you can then be able to track things a lot more smoothly.

You can detect a barrier in most cases with either Sensory or Dojutsu yes. Some barriers can be seen with the naked eye/senses but that would largely depend on how the barrier jutsu itself is described.
Alright then

Cresee

Supreme
Kin
4,820💸
Kumi
10,210💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

[Next Two]

( Kekkai Kireme no Jutsu ) - Barrier Shatter Technique
Range: Short - Mid
Chakra: 20 - 40
Description: The user will insert their chakra into a active barrier to then interfere with the source and cancel the barrier shattering its shell.
Note: Must make direct contact. Regular Fuuinjutsu users can dispel Barrier Techniques B-Rank and below. Uzumaki bios can dispel up to A-Rank. Advanced Sealing Specialists can dispel up to S rank Barriers.

(Fusen no Kekkai) Tag Barrier
Type: Defensive/Supplementary
Chakra cost: 20
Description: The user will take a tag marked with the kanjis 障害 (Shōgai) and either place it on a weapon (like wrapped around a kunai's handle) or on a surface (like the ground). Upon doing so, a defensive spherical barrier is erected around the tag as a seal. The barrier can be used to defend against up to B-Rank ninjutsu but also be used to contain an enemy inside if feasible.

Barrier Shatter: 1. I was about to ask how to actually break out of Fuuin and I guess this jutsu is the answer. It's the primary/main way of destroying other barrier/entrapment techniques. My question is if the "Advanced Sealing Specialist" rule still exist or can I simply use this to to the highest extent after finishing Fuuin training?

2. It says "must make direct contact" Pretty obvious question but I'm guessing if I'm trapped in a mid-ranged barrier, the timeframe/battle would have to include me moving 10m/mid range distance first?

Tag Barrier: I like this idea. Kinda unsure how it'd usually used though. Let's say a B Rank jutsu is coming towards me, I simply place the seal on a weapon and now the barrier I'm in simply defends against the full damage? It says "contain an enemy inside" too, so that would imply the user's whole body can fit in. This one is pretty good and would be very overpowered if it was an A or S Rank tech.

Alyx

Supreme
Kin
805💸
Kumi
1,385💴
Trait Points
80⚔️
Advance Sealing Specialists are people who have "Advanced Fuinjutsu" purchased, which in itself is a separate branch of techniques from these. And uh, not really? Once you make physical contact with the barrier in question it should suffice to meet the requirements to use the Barrier Shatter.

Yes it would defend against the technique in question but also realize that it maxes out at 40 DMG. Meaning even if the opposing technique is B Rank, if they boost the damage to 80 which is now S Rank in power without increasing the chakra amoutn as well, the barrier will be overpowered by it. And well, yes it can contain people in whole within it.

Cresee

Supreme
Kin
4,820💸
Kumi
10,210💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Advance Sealing Specialists are people who have "Advanced Fuinjutsu" purchased, which in itself is a separate branch of techniques from these. And uh, not really? Once you make physical contact with the barrier in question it should suffice to meet the requirements to use the Barrier Shatter.

Yes it would defend against the technique in question but also realize that it maxes out at 40 DMG. Meaning even if the opposing technique is B Rank, if they boost the damage to 80 which is now S Rank in power without increasing the chakra amoutn as well, the barrier will be overpowered by it. And well, yes it can contain people in whole within it.
Yup that answers my questions for this set.

Alyx

Supreme
Kin
805💸
Kumi
1,385💴
Trait Points
80⚔️
(Mugen Hōyō) - Infinate Embrace
Type: Offensive
Range: Short-Mid
Chakra cost: 20 (-50 per turn to the target, +30 to user)
Description: The user slams his hands on the ground and generates a special barrier that surrounds the target forming a "cuboid" construct of pink chakra which begins draining the chakra of the target caught inside. This technique can be used in conjunction with shadow rope technique or other restrictive techniques to further hinder the target. Once caught inside it, the target cannot mold chakra above S-rank and the barrier itself can only be broken by B-Rank techniques or by attacking the user of the technique.

(Fuuinjutsu: Kami Komyunikēshon) Sealing Arts: Scroll Communication technique
Range: N/A
Chakra: 20
Description:
The user will create 2 or more scrolls with an embedded sealing formula that connects them all together. As such, anything written in one scroll will appear written in all the connected scrolls. A very useful communication technique, it can connect scrolls regardless of the distance between them. To activate the scroll, the user needs to perform a key of hand seals that will be unique for each creation and only known to those the user wishes, preventing the use of the scrolls by those the user doesn't allow.

( Fūin Fuda ) – Sealing Tag
Description: A basic sealing technique where the user places one or more tags either directly on a target or on a technique which is restraining it. As its placed, a sealing formula spreads around the technique or the target, sealing it. This technique has been seen used with Sand ninjutsu, Earth, Water, Wood, Cloth Ninjutsu, etc but basically any technique in which you can apply the tags can be used. In the case of expert ninjas, the tags might even be incorporated into the restraining technique, with no need to actually manually place the tag or tags. Additionally, less experienced ninjas can find that throwing one or more kunais with the sealing tags attached at the technique which will trigger the same effect when the kunais stick on the technique. This prevents the target from moving, molding chakra or even being summoned.
Note: The seal takes a while to form, so most opponents can either counter the restraining technique (thus preventing the sealing formula of taking effect) or rip off the tags from themselves negating its effects entirely. If the target, however, fails to counter the restraining technique or is counter to it fails or if he doesn't remove the tags in his next move, then the seal will fully be placed and the target unable to release himself.
Note: This technique is specially designed to be used on summons and Edo Tensei Summons but will work on any opponent except Jinchurikiis.

Next set

Cresee

Supreme
Kin
4,820💸
Kumi
10,210💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
(Mugen Hōyō) - Infinate Embrace
Type: Offensive
Range: Short-Mid
Chakra cost: 20 (-50 per turn to the target, +30 to user)
Description: The user slams his hands on the ground and generates a special barrier that surrounds the target forming a "cuboid" construct of pink chakra which begins draining the chakra of the target caught inside. This technique can be used in conjunction with shadow rope technique or other restrictive techniques to further hinder the target. Once caught inside it, the target cannot mold chakra above S-rank and the barrier itself can only be broken by B-Rank techniques or by attacking the user of the technique.

(Fuuinjutsu: Kami Komyunikēshon) Sealing Arts: Scroll Communication technique
Range: N/A
Chakra: 20
Description:
The user will create 2 or more scrolls with an embedded sealing formula that connects them all together. As such, anything written in one scroll will appear written in all the connected scrolls. A very useful communication technique, it can connect scrolls regardless of the distance between them. To activate the scroll, the user needs to perform a key of hand seals that will be unique for each creation and only known to those the user wishes, preventing the use of the scrolls by those the user doesn't allow.

( Fūin Fuda ) – Sealing Tag
Description: A basic sealing technique where the user places one or more tags either directly on a target or on a technique which is restraining it. As its placed, a sealing formula spreads around the technique or the target, sealing it. This technique has been seen used with Sand ninjutsu, Earth, Water, Wood, Cloth Ninjutsu, etc but basically any technique in which you can apply the tags can be used. In the case of expert ninjas, the tags might even be incorporated into the restraining technique, with no need to actually manually place the tag or tags. Additionally, less experienced ninjas can find that throwing one or more kunais with the sealing tags attached at the technique which will trigger the same effect when the kunais stick on the technique. This prevents the target from moving, molding chakra or even being summoned.
Note: The seal takes a while to form, so most opponents can either counter the restraining technique (thus preventing the sealing formula of taking effect) or rip off the tags from themselves negating its effects entirely. If the target, however, fails to counter the restraining technique or is counter to it fails or if he doesn't remove the tags in his next move, then the seal will fully be placed and the target unable to release himself.
Note: This technique is specially designed to be used on summons and Edo Tensei Summons but will work on any opponent except Jinchurikiis.

Next set
1. Can you control the "size" of the barrier you create? Its range says "Short-Mid". In fact what if some Fuuin tech simply says "Mid".. do I have freedom of how small I can make the trap?

2. How does the "per turn" drain thingy work? Let's say I have the starting move in a fight and this is my very first move.. The opponent can't break my first aggressive action. Will it drain their chakra even if they break out of the Fuuin afterwards?

Absolutely useless jutsu. No questions

I like this one a lot but it's kind of confusing
1. What does this sealing tag actually... do? It just vaguely implies it seals the target but in the RP doing that to an enemy is tough. That leaves summons. Is it effective against them? I'd imagine it would be used a lot in battles if this can be used to deal with summons.

2. Any way I can actually make this useful? It states that it takes a while to form. I would need to expend a move after casting my initial jutsu and there's like a 100% chance the opponent will simply counter the actual technique I place my seal on. This ability seems versatile so yeah I really wanna know some practical examples of it being used in a ingenious way or something.
Anyway sorry for the questions but the last technique is weird