Kin
542💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Status

You must be registered for see images
The Open World is reference the vast region known as California. The regions differ some much because of the geographical location of the state, which promotes sightings such as deserts or the ocean. You are free to wander anywhere in California and experience the Cali lifestyle, but the only question is what exactly is the Cali lifestyle? What you experience seems to be up to the Gods, but in all honesty, it depends on being in the right time and location. Life is what you make it, and what you make depends on your desires!

Free-Roam Rubric
→ Only Characters that are recognized as Villains, particularly Delinquents, may participate in this thread.
→ This Free-Roam is considered a Common Streets Thread, meaning you are promised the rewards discussed below for proper participation.
→ This Free-Roam is considered a Free-Write Thread, meaning you are able to write any type of Single Post Story that takes place in one of the named locations of California.

→ Proper Participation refers to Characters that at least posted with an objective and completed it. Role-Players cannot post more than three times per weekly participation.

→ You are free to do whatever you please, however remember your actions have consequences whether they are deemed positive or negative.
→ Cannot Power-Play, Meta-Game, or God-Mod Any Named NPC. When the Thread Opens, there are no NPCs present.​

Rewards
→ Gain 3 Trait Points.
→ This reward is repeatable, but requires multiple weekly participation.​

Time of Day + Weather Condition
→ Night, Full Moon [Cloudy Skies]​

Last edited:

jagged

Kin
54💸
Kumi
51💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
"****, the weathers cold tonight"

I briskly walked on the nights streets, aimlessly wandering along the sidewalk just taking in the sights of california. I had been tasked to come to this city on the orders of Borris, the bastard rarely tells me anything before suddenly springing his "Missions" on me at random times....Freaking inconvenient.

Borris:
" So you made it to california in one piece? Good, keep completing everything according to plan and this whole mission will go a lot smoother"

I grimaced at the smug tone Borris had been putting off.

"you got me coming to a whole nother city for some arbitrary mission that i have no idea who or what its for so lets skip the small talk and get down to business"

I paused for a quick second to reach in my pocket, picking up an all ready pre rolled blunt between my finger tips, lighting the end of the blunt then slowly smoking it to my leisure.

Borris:" Im glad your so eager to get this over with so i wont waste your time on the specifics, for your next task ill need you to try and infiltrate the heroes academy located not far from your location, about 3 miles east of here. This mission is meant to test your combat skills and smarts. once you've infiltrated the the school you need to break out, while evading capture, and message me when your mission is completed."
Like normal Borris ended the transmission just as he finished giving his orders.

"Infiltrate the school huh? sounds like it could be fun at the very least"

flicking the now almost completely burned down blunt towards the ground i made my way to the schools location, making sure to stay relatively hidden as i did so

• Haha
Reactions: LGeezy

Lord of Kaos

Supreme
Kin
735💸
Kumi
66,201💴
Trait Points
3⚔️
Darkseid walked towards the Academy, his arms behind him as a stern and solemn expression hung on the rock-like face. He had already met with several others before that day, notably at the robbery of the Chase Bank. They had managed to maintain contact with one another after this and it was easy to see why; the more unified the villains became, the easier it became to achieve their goals and Darkseid, despite his nature, was the one behind this unlikely alliance.

All it took was several reaching outs and a few favors, but the deed was done; Dsrkseid led the group towards the school, seeking only 2 goals: the first was a shared goal of the villain group and the main reason they unified in the first place - the destruction of the new generation of heroes before they became a real issue. The second goal was more personal for Darkseid, perhaps his own ulterior motive. He had learned that he could find more information out in regards to the Anti-Life Equation, an equation that would render all of them under his will.

The small army may not be enough to take over the world, but soon they would fall. "They always do," Darkseid stated ad they continued on, reaching the school swiftly.

Gèckö

Legendary
Kin
32💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
4⚔️
You must be registered to see images

There I was roaming the forest off a major highway near Horizon University sitting awaiting for the sun to set. I had gotten caught up on my way home, and to avoid inevitable discovery of my double identity, I isolated myself from society. I sat there on the forest floor with my legs crossed and arms folded. I had already removed my shirt and shoes and placed them in my bag. As the yellow hue of the sun's glare faded into the blue clutch of night, my transformation began. My eyes and facial structure narrowed as my ears perked up. A tail sprouted out of me as fur covered my body and I began to grow in size. I stood up as the transformation consumed me. The ground began to quake with anticipation as I continued to bulk in size. Now finished my partial transformation, I dawned my make shift mask and I moved through the forest until I reached the outer portion where I saw the behemoth like figure. He went by Darkseid, after the bank heist all villainous characters at the scene agreed to collaborate to produce more effective results. I stopped just a few meters away from the man and called out to him. Introducing myself as he stood there back to me. This was protocol for me, seeing as I was in my human form when we met. I introduced myself as my alias.

"Don't worry, I am an ally to the cause. Last time you seen me I looked much different. But for business's sake address me as Minerva."

I stand there awaiting a response as well as the arrival of the others.

Last edited:
Kin
69💸
Kumi
21💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Ryuji lifted his head from the sandy banks he'd been slumbering on for the past several hours. The moon had risen high in the sky, obscured by the occasional cloud passing in front of it. As he stretched out, the muscles and bones along his long spine creaked and moaned, popping as he moved one way or the other. He was used to such things by now, having learned to find comfort beneath open sky for many years now. Though, as he stirred, his stomachs burbled, still digesting his previous meals, so he had no immediate need for sustenance at the very least.

Fully lifting himself from the beach and parting the ruined vegetation that had served as cover and bed, Ryuji's form rose into the night sky as he beat his heavy wings. The trees and brush below rustled and sighed in the winds created by his climb into the air, scattering wildlife that had previously settled in for the night. He had no true goal this night, but finding somewhere new to stay would undoubtedly help him in the long-run, if only to help him find another source of ready food eventually.

At the altitudes he could fly at, Ryuji covered ground quickly. The great red bridge fell away to his left and then behind him as Ryuji flew further inland, his mind still failing to recall the name given to it. This is certainly America, at least, he thought to himself, lazily scanning the lights and buildings below as he rode the air currents. For nearly twenty minutes, he would continue his flight in near-silence, only coming across the occasional bird or easily-avoidable jetliner.

One building in particular drew his attention, however, snapping Ryuji from his reverie. A large, imposing building announced its importance, but Ryuji's eyes spied more going on nearby than there was likely supposed to. Why would people gather round such a location at this time of night? he wondered for a moment, wings already tipping downward to send him gliding down, intrigue overriding any minute sense of danger he felt.

As much as a 200 foot dragon can, Ryuji stealthily made his way to the streets below, stepping as lightly as he could on buildings and streets to make no more sound than the rest of the city. Within a few minutes, the golden beast was close enough to observe the gathering people, head peeking up from behind a 6-Ten gasoline station's building while the rest of his body snaked over and between buildings nearby out of sight.

ReXii

Legendary
Kin
208💸
Kumi
676💴
Trait Points
5⚔️
Awards
Siebren had wandered the streets after completing his task at the black market. Though his wandering was not random, choosing to learn more about the criminals he had encountered at the black market he had followed the largest one.

Statistically speaking he was certainly the easiest to keep sight of in a crowd being both very tall and very much like a walking granite statue. Siebren had followed him for quite some time and he seemed to attract trouble like a magnet first a bank robbery and now as night fell he was encountering others very close to the school for heroes.

Siebren was interested in seeing how things would develop and hung back a little out of sight to see what they would all do next. Eyeing up the building a little himself, there were scientific tools in there he would love to get his hands on given the opportunity.

While it wasn't cutting edge tech per say, Siebren had no access to his old technology anymore and he couldn't just get stuff like that at a corner store.

LGeezy

Legendary
Kin
2,479💸
Kumi
8,900💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Tomura's hoodie rested on his head, hiding all of his facial features behind the dark shadow that was cast. He had taken residence in a dark corner of the moonlit campus, leaning against a tree while his red eyes surveyed his surroundings. His plan today was to observe the antics of ones he had met previously. A number of the people gathered had appeared at the Black Market that day. All of them seemed like potential recruits to his organization, the League of Villians, but so far Tomura had been unsuccessful in his recruitment of others to his cause. It appeared they were all following some giant guy who looked more like an out of place statue among his constituents. However, the case, Darkseid was doing something Tomura could not do just yet and that was swaying the hearts and minds of the feeble. Those who needed a leader and could not pick themselves up on their own two feet, seemed to be easily swayed by the giant, and quickly sided with him. Tomura wasn't so easily persuaded. He was here to learn, and what better setting then the campus of a university. One as prestigious as Horizon at that. He getting pretty anxious to see exactly what would happen, but was sure he was able to make a clean getaway in the event Darksied plan failed. If it didn't, then it would prove a valuable learning opportunity either way.

The gathering of individuals was set just a few meters away from where Tomura silently observed. There seemed to be quite a bit of potential in the crowd, however the only matter crossing Tomura's mind was how would he eventually be able to bring the villians here under the League's banner. For now, it was time to wait for the festivities to take place. Tomura's left hand reached up and scratched at his neck, fresh blood begin to coagulate as he reopened old scars due to his looming anticipation. He couldn't wait to see exactly what Rock Man and his band of merry men would do first.

"Okay Rocky dude... Let's see what you're all about..."

Shady Doctor

Legendary
Kin
1,799💸
Kumi
3,152💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
So here I was, right in sight of the infamous hero school Horizon. Lately, things have been getting a little out of my hands. I apparently was poisoned to a degree during that little bank escapade. My body was hella weak lately and I felt like I was finally getting back to pristine health. Actually I felt a bit stronger to be frank. Too bad that 5 Fingers guy didn't come through with the threads yet; I had a feeling I'd be using my Quirk alot real soon.

One good thing did come out of all that crap. All of us villainous characters reached out to one another in one way or another and we came up with something that needed to happen. And of course I was willing to participate in any sort of Hunt on heroes.

"Man this is gonna get wild."

Lord of Kaos

Supreme
Kin
735💸
Kumi
66,201💴
Trait Points
3⚔️
You must be registered to see images

There I was roaming the forest off a major highway near Horizon University sitting awaiting for the sun to set. I had gotten caught up on my way home, and to avoid inevitable discovery of my double identity, I isolated myself from society. I sat there on the forest floor with my legs crossed and arms folded. I had already removed my shirt and shoes and placed them in my bag. As the yellow hue of the sun's glare faded into the blue clutch of night, my transformation began. My eyes and facial structure narrowed as my ears perked up. A tail sprouted out of me as fur covered my body and I began to grow in size. I stood up as the transformation consumed me. The ground began to quake with anticipation as I continued to bulk in size. Now finished my partial transformation, I dawned my make shift mask and I moved through the forest until I reached the outer portion where I saw the behemoth like figure. He went by Darkseid, after the bank heist all villainous characters at the scene agreed to collaborate to produce more effective results. I stopped just a few meters away from the man and called out to him. Introducing myself as he stood there back to me. This was protocol for me, seeing as I was in my human form when we met. I introduced myself as my alias.

"Don't worry, I am an ally to the cause. Last time you seen me I looked much different. But for business's sake address me as Minerva."

I stand there awaiting a response as well as the arrival of the others.
Ryuji lifted his head from the sandy banks he'd been slumbering on for the past several hours. The moon had risen high in the sky, obscured by the occasional cloud passing in front of it. As he stretched out, the muscles and bones along his long spine creaked and moaned, popping as he moved one way or the other. He was used to such things by now, having learned to find comfort beneath open sky for many years now. Though, as he stirred, his stomachs burbled, still digesting his previous meals, so he had no immediate need for sustenance at the very least.

Fully lifting himself from the beach and parting the ruined vegetation that had served as cover and bed, Ryuji's form rose into the night sky as he beat his heavy wings. The trees and brush below rustled and sighed in the winds created by his climb into the air, scattering wildlife that had previously settled in for the night. He had no true goal this night, but finding somewhere new to stay would undoubtedly help him in the long-run, if only to help him find another source of ready food eventually.

At the altitudes he could fly at, Ryuji covered ground quickly. The great red bridge fell away to his left and then behind him as Ryuji flew further inland, his mind still failing to recall the name given to it. This is certainly America, at least, he thought to himself, lazily scanning the lights and buildings below as he rode the air currents. For nearly twenty minutes, he would continue his flight in near-silence, only coming across the occasional bird or easily-avoidable jetliner.

One building in particular drew his attention, however, snapping Ryuji from his reverie. A large, imposing building announced its importance, but Ryuji's eyes spied more going on nearby than there was likely supposed to. Why would people gather round such a location at this time of night? he wondered for a moment, wings already tipping downward to send him gliding down, intrigue overriding any minute sense of danger he felt.

As much as a 200 foot dragon can, Ryuji stealthily made his way to the streets below, stepping as lightly as he could on buildings and streets to make no more sound than the rest of the city. Within a few minutes, the golden beast was close enough to observe the gathering people, head peeking up from behind a 6-Ten gasoline station's building while the rest of his body snaked over and between buildings nearby out of sight.
"Minerva," Darkseid spoke, turning to the person beside him. He hadnt recognized him completely but after his explanation, it made more sense. "I trust you're aware of what needs to be done. Worry not; things are going just how they are meant to." Darkseid had already caused mayhem on the other side of the city an hour before, setting fire to City Hall in Hopes of tricking heroes to go there instead of staying st the Academy. If the plan was done well, the low name villains Darkseid convinced to attack in his name would keep them busy at the least for some time.

Darkseid and the others who arrived would begin to move towards their target location. Luckily lily for him, he had managed to find one of the New Gods descendants in the very city and school they planned to invade. After a short conversation, they managed to create a plan of attack and would sneak in through the sewer system. As they neared the entrance, a large dragon could be seen overhead before disappearing. Smirking slightly, Darkseid and the rest pushed theough the sewers.

It wasnt a long nor difficult path to navigate but given his size, Darkseid almost wished they opted for pure force as he has to crouch slightly to fit. Within minutes, they managed to find the exit where Jeremiah had said it would be. It seems rewards are in order, he thought about the man, remembering to repay the favor when necessary.

As the group would exit, Darkseid would look at them and mod accordingly to them. They had already discussed the plans so speaking now was no longer needed. Instead, the group would begin to spread out in groups. Darkseid, however, would walk deliberately and methodically towards the entrance of the school. It's time he had a sit down and talk with someone...

Villains will have successfully infiltrated Horizon if this post goes through uninterrupted.

ChibiDaGod

Kin
36💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
10⚔️
Smog The Reaper was well informed on this assault, he wouldn’t say no to a chance to have fun, so of course he would temporarily side with Dark-side, although they were not friends or allies. They simply wanted the same thing, Smog only wanted a chanllege and this seemed like it would carry many challenges. Although just what would happen when he met these heroes? The idea of facing strong opponents drove him mad as he followed the group into the sewer. There wasn’t much conversation needed, but he was was ready for what ever was going to tossed at him.

“Well I’m happy to join, ahhh, I can barely control my urge to kill.”