Kiiszame

Regular
Kin
1💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Believe it or not this was kinda stated over 200 chapters ago. Well not entirely but we were led on to know that the dragons were alive and real and that the festival of dragon king would decided something. Lookie here..
You must be registered for see images
This was in chapter 101. So apparently the dragons were planning something and natsu and wendy seem to key in the salvation of the wizards.

Also...
Apparently Rogue and Stings dragon is alive. and they too will serve some kind of purpose.
I really dont understand the dragons ploy. Do they really want to destroy all humans? Then why train dragon slayers..? Who sole purpose is to counter dragons..

Whats the significance of the festival of the dragon king.? Because its must be something truly important. It has been mentioned throughout fairy tail since well chapter 101. It must happen once every certain time period..

Perhaps it is a declaration of war against Acnologia who is the dragon king. If it his festival the hes bound to show up. Or maybe a festival to remember all the fallen dragons and dragon slayers..
Based on this image the festival of the dragon king is perhaps a war between dragon slayers and dragons. Or the anniversary of it?
This festival is key.. and based on what i see Rogue, sting, natsu, and wendy will be key in saving everyone.

Sorry if if it long but its just putting two and two together. Feel free to comment thoughts and idea ^.^

Reactions: Escorpiius

Dragonking43

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It's very well thought out I don't have anything to add but you need to show this to those idiots who keep saying that fairy tail is not very cohesive. On another note when I saw this thread, at first I started freaking out because my name is dragonking and being in the today's threads part is harder to distinguish where these threads are placed

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You are interpreting everything completely different than I do.

Sting said he and Rogue killed their dragon, not beat. Meaning the dragon let himself be killed on purpose for one reason or another and that's what Igneel was referring to, that Vicelogia and Skyadrum let themselves be killed to 'create' dragon slayers.

It was earlier also stated that, during the war, there were two factions: one with and one against humans and the one with were the ones who taught dragon slaying magic. Considering Igneel and Grandine taught people, it's more likely for them to be on the side of the humans, while those 10 000 dragons are against.

I'm more intrigued by that tapestry that minister was looking at that depicted the Dragon King's festival. The dragon was definitely Acnologia and the mage on it looked a lot like Natsu. He used seemingly fire magic and wore a scaled scarf. On top of that there is something wrong with Natsu's age (referring to Freed's runes that did not let him pas) and that Grandine said that a more friendly relationship could be made this time.

Kiiszame

Regular
Kin
1💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You are interpreting everything completely different than I do.

Sting said he and Rogue killed their dragon, not beat. Meaning the dragon let himself be killed on purpose for one reason or another and that's what Igneel was referring to, that Vicelogia and Skyadrum let themselves be killed to 'create' dragon slayers.

It was earlier also stated that, during the war, there were two factions: one with and one against humans and the one with were the ones who taught dragon slaying magic. Considering Igneel and Grandine taught people, it's more likely for them to be on the side of the humans, while those 10 000 dragons are against.

I'm more intrigued by that tapestry that minister was looking at that depicted the Dragon King's festival. The dragon was definitely Acnologia and the mage on it looked a lot like Natsu. He used seemingly fire magic and wore a scaled scarf. On top of that there is something wrong with Natsu's age (referring to Freed's runes that did not let him pas) and that Grandine said that a more friendly relationship could be made this time.
good point. i was always curious about that.
even zeref knew natsu and what he said on that chapter left me puzzled. How natsu grew young. idk if you remember that??
But i mean gajeel couldnt get out of those runes either so perhaps were over thinking it.

However natsus scarf was able to counteract zerefs magic so who knows. there are too many mystery's.

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
good point. i was always curious about that.
even zeref knew natsu and what he said on that chapter left me puzzled. How natsu grew young. idk if you remember that??
But i mean gajeel couldnt get out of those runes either so perhaps were over thinking it.

However natsus scarf was able to counteract zerefs magic so who knows. there are too many mystery's.
I don't remember Zeref saying anything about Natsu's age, but Zeref knew Natsu, even though Natsu couldn't remember him. As Grandine and Igneel and probably Metallicana know each other very well, I assume whatever is weird with Natsu's age, it's the same for Gajeel and Wendy. If that is indeed a scarf on the tapestry, it's probably the same Natsu is wearing now.

LeafDude

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
what if, natsu, gazeel and wendy go back in time with eclipse, fight the dragons etc etc, stop zeref making him the zeref we saw in tenrou island, then they come back to the present. if that happens, maybe thats why the tenrou island natsu dosen't remember zeref, because he hasnt meet him yet.

ha, and maybe that person in the paiting is natsu that came to the past.

Escorpiius

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I don't remember Zeref saying anything about Natsu's age, but Zeref knew Natsu, even though Natsu couldn't remember him. As Grandine and Igneel and probably Metallicana know each other very well, I assume whatever is weird with Natsu's age, it's the same for Gajeel and Wendy. If that is indeed a scarf on the tapestry, it's probably the same Natsu is wearing now.
I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who has often been intrigued by Natsu's age or about Zeref's youthful look. Though, I never thought about the scarf.

But I've been re-reading FT a lot these past 2 days, as I wanted to confirm a theory of mine; connected to the speculation that Acnologia was transformed into a dragon by Zeref. Well, since this is a theory thread on some of the parts that I was thinking on, namely the Dragon King Festival and its non-connection to the upcoming 10000 dragons invasion. @OP: I think I may answer to some of your questions in my theory.

So, I think, by most common predictions, we have come to conclusion that the 10000 dragons are mostly going to come from the Eclipse Gate since they are nowhere to be seen. Which led to the question, about why 10000 dragons are going to come from a time-travel gate...Well, the only place where 10000 dragons could be right now, is...at the graveyard.

My guess, is that the invasion of dragons won't contain Igneel or Graandeeney. But that the gate is going to revive the 10000 dragons who were killed by dragon slayers and are in search of revenge. Like Sting & Rogue's dragons and the numerous others slayed by Acnologia in the past.

Speaking of Acnologia, "The war that brought to the birth of the King of Dragon is called Festival of the Dragon King". That's the name given to Acnologia. If I link that with those 2 quotes""I look forward at the day we meet at the Dragon King's festival..." with "Can humans exceed dragons or is it an empty dream?", then I made a conclusive prediction:

The invasion of 10000 dragons isn't the Dragon King Festival. The meaning and significance of Dragon King Festival is when a new king of dragon will be born. It is when a human will transcend its condition and truly became a dragon. And well, when can that occur? Well, let's say that how about when a dragon slayer kill some 10000 dragons? If you connect the dot, I think we may say that the Dragon King festival is about a day when Natsu or Wendy or Gajeel will turn into a full dragon like Acnologia...Well, most likely Natsu is some kind of chosen child in that case since he's the main hero and his destiny is to save the world by transforming...

Igneel/Grandeeney talk a lot about believe in humans and stuffs like that. Maybe they actually trained humans for them, to save the world against, not 10000 dragons but against Acnologia. Personally, ever since Acnologia appeared, I had a small inch of doubt in my mind that Igneel/Grandeeney/Metalicana didn't flee from Natsu/Wendy/Gajeel due to some plans. But actually, they fleed out of fear. Maybe they all sensed the presence of Acnologia and that they were the last remaining breed of dragons. Thereby, they fleed away from Acnologia to a place known only to dragons, and that a human-turned-dragonking is ignorant of. They trained those dragon slayers in the hope that someday, one of them might defeat Acnologia. Maybe, they see the birth of a new dragon king as the only way to give rise to a savior, hence the await of a Dragon King Festival.

Finally, I have one last connection with Zeref and all those things but this one is more far-fetched. Since Natsu/Wendy/Gajeel seem to be chosen child and since Igneel/Grandeeney/Metalicana seem to be trainers of an extinct breed, perhaps they all come from the past. Maybe that's why Natsu/Gajeel got those extensive age (time-travel?!?)... Let's say that 400 years ago, Dragon Civil War was nearly ending and that Igneel/Grandeeney/Metalicana were last survivors from the wrath of Acnologia. Similar to how Exceed's eggs were thrown into an Anima, those 3 dragons took 3 kids with them and travelled to the future. For some years, they trained those kids into Dragon Slayers, in the hope that one of them will turn out powerful enough to defeat Acnologia. In year X777, they sensed that Acnologia tracked them down into the future and they fleed away. If Natsu/Wendy/Gajeel come from a distant past, we may understand why Zeref know Natsu. Perhaps he is Natsu's biological father. After all, he had tears of joy when he saw Natsu - similar to what a father could have for his son. Or another idea that since Cali pointed out about fire magic on tapestry, perhaps, Natsu is the son of human Acnologia...

Last edited:

Kiiszame

Regular
Kin
1💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
my bad it wasnt young but he said that he really grew meaning that he knew natus when he was younger for some reason so that could have some relevance to natsu being from the past as well as zeref.
I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who has often been intrigued by Natsu's age or about Zeref's youthful look. Though, I never thought about the scarf.

But I've been re-reading FT a lot these past 2 days, as I wanted to confirm a theory of mine; connected to the speculation that Acnologia was transformed into a dragon by Zeref. Well, since this is a theory thread on some of the parts that I was thinking on, namely the Dragon King Festival and its non-connection to the upcoming 10000 dragons invasion. @OP: I think I may answer to some of your questions in my theory.

So, I think, by most common predictions, we have come to conclusion that the 10000 dragons are mostly going to come from the Eclipse Gate since they are nowhere to be seen. Which led to the question, about why 10000 dragons are going to come from a time-travel gate...Well, the only place where 10000 dragons could be right now, is...at the graveyard.

My guess, is that the invasion of dragons won't contain Igneel or Graandeeney. But that the gate is going to revive the 10000 dragons who were killed by dragon slayers and are in search of revenge. Like Sting & Rogue's dragons and the numerous others slayed by Acnologia in the past.

Speaking of Acnologia, "The war that brought to the birth of the King of Dragon is called Festival of the Dragon King". That's the name given to Acnologia. If I link that with those 2 quotes""I look forward at the day we meet at the Dragon King's festival..." with "Can humans exceed dragons or is it an empty dream?", then I made a conclusive prediction:

The invasion of 10000 dragons isn't the Dragon King Festival. The meaning and significance of Dragon King Festival is when a new king of dragon will be born. It is when a human will transcend its condition and truly became a dragon. And well, when can that occur? Well, let's say that how about when a dragon slayer kill some 10000 dragons? If you connect the dot, I think we may say that the Dragon King festival is about a day when Natsu or Wendy or Gajeel will turn into a full dragon like Acnologia...Well, most likely Natsu is some kind of chosen child in that case since he's the main hero and his destiny is to save the world by transforming...

Igneel/Grandeeney talk a lot about believe in humans and stuffs like that. Maybe they actually trained humans for them, to save the world against, not 10000 dragons but against Acnologia. Personally, ever since Acnologia appeared, I had a small inch of doubt in my mind that Igneel/Grandeeney/Metalicana didn't flee from Natsu/Wendy/Gajeel due to some plans. But actually, they fleed out of fear. Maybe they all sensed the presence of Acnologia and that they were the last remaining breed of dragons. Thereby, they fleed away from Acnologia to a place known only to dragons, and that a human-turned-dragonking is ignorant of. They trained those dragon slayers in the hope that someday, one of them might defeat Acnologia. Maybe, they see the birth of a new dragon king as the only way to give rise to a savior, hence the await of a Dragon King Festival.

Finally, I have one last connection with Zeref and all those things but this one is more far-fetched. Since Natsu/Wendy/Gajeel seem to be chosen child and since Igneel/Grandeeney/Metalicana seem to be trainers of an extinct breed, perhaps they all come from the past. Maybe that's why Natsu/Gajeel got those extensive age (time-travel?!?)... Let's say that 400 years ago, Dragon Civil War was nearly ending and that Igneel/Grandeeney/Metalicana were last survivors from the wrath of Acnologia. Similar to how Exceed's eggs were thrown into an Anima, those 3 dragons took 3 kids with them and travelled to the future. For some years, they trained those kids into Dragon Slayers, in the hope that one of them will turn out powerful enough to defeat Acnologia. In year X777, they sensed that Acnologia tracked them down into the future and they fleed away. If Natsu/Wendy/Gajeel come from a distant past, we may understand why Zeref know Natsu. Perhaps he is Natsu's biological father. After all, he had tears of joy when he saw Natsu - similar to what a father could have for his son. Or another idea that since Cali pointed out about fire magic on tapestry, perhaps, Natsu is the son of human Acnologia...
youve pointed out a lot of interesting info. However theres still a lot of mystery surrounding zeref. for example why did he want natsu to defeat him in the tenrou island arc. Although i could agree with you on the idea that natsu and the other slayers are from the past. But perhaps they werent able to pass the runes because theyre magic is old magic. Somewhat like lost magic and thats why they werent allowed to pass.

Im curious on why natsus scarf was able to absorb zerefs magic tho..

Escorpiius

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
my bad it wasnt young but he said that he really grew meaning that he knew natus when he was younger for some reason so that could have some relevance to natsu being from the past as well as zeref.

youve pointed out a lot of interesting info. However theres still a lot of mystery surrounding zeref. for example why did he want natsu to defeat him in the tenrou island arc. Although i could agree with you on the idea that natsu and the other slayers are from the past. But perhaps they werent able to pass the runes because theyre magic is old magic. Somewhat like lost magic and thats why they werent allowed to pass.

Im curious on why natsus scarf was able to absorb zerefs magic tho..
The hope of Zeref of Natsu being powerful enough & the scarf power are a bit more elements that lead to believe that Natsu came from the past from Zeref's time. Like Natsu might be the son of Acnologia or a wizard rival that Zeref had in his own time. One thing that I'd like to understand though - is how Zeref can call out Acnologia and what's the true complete relation between Zeref & Acnologia?

The true missing key in Fairy Tail, is who is the true main villain - Zeref or Acnologia or both?

Kiiszame

Regular
Kin
1💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The hope of Zeref of Natsu being powerful enough & the scarf power are a bit more elements that lead to believe that Natsu came from the past from Zeref's time. Like Natsu might be the son of Acnologia or a wizard rival that Zeref had in his own time. One thing that I'd like to understand though - is how Zeref can call out Acnologia and what's the true complete relation between Zeref & Acnologia?

The true missing key in Fairy Tail, is who is the true main villain - Zeref or Acnologia or both?
or neither? ;o
i think its zeref because the knight (name eludes me) said the zeref turned acnologia who was originally a dragon slayer into a dragon.