[ Exploration Plot ] Polestar Islands

Cayenne

Kin
71💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
25⚔️
She gave a firm nod as she listened to her companions desire to grow stronger. There seemed to be a sign of relief once Cid had wanted to stay along with her. The idea of parting for a bit did still give her a bit of a bad feeling, however, she knew that it would be best.

"Sounds like you both have an eventful bit of time ahead of you. I'll go along with our new friend here and promise to be back in a week or two. I encourage you both to keep your wits about you because once were return, we're going on an adventure of a lifetime."

She than turned her head to their new companion.

"With my knowledge of the sea, this trip shouldn't take us too long. Did you have some place in mind to go to first? You seem like you're in search of something."

@Houdinii @Mirai @jagged

jagged

Kin
449💸
Kumi
84💴
Trait Points
45⚔️
Guts turned to the woman, looking her in the eye as he said "Yea im trying to go to shimotsuki island for a bit, theres somethings i wanna check out there, it'd be best if we set sail soon" speaking his intentions guts went inside of the ship to prepare for sailing and to inspect the insides of the vessel. "Come on what are you all waiting for? the quicker we set sail the faster we'll get there"

Mirai

Supreme
Kin
1,013💸
Kumi
10,219💴
Trait Points
25⚔️
As CideAs Cid asked Mirabelle about the book, she nodded and showed the woman the book. A sparring partner would do some justice to have however. “Yea sure, we can train together, perhaps we can find a beach on the island where no one really comes around and we can work in private. I know a bit about the stances already but in the end it’s all still new to me” she commented with a sheepish smile. She would turn and look at V however as she addressed the two of them. “Yup! We’ll see you all in a few weeks then, we’ll meet back here in this spot” Mirabelle would run over to V and as she puts her fist out. “Promise me you’ll be ok” she said with a firm look in her eye. She was serious about this all, but she would look over to the other male as well. “And you, you better protect her” she said putting her other fist out for the fist bump promise from both of them.'

@jagged @Houdinii @Cayenne

DoT_Narrator

Kin
187💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Exploration Week VIII Results

The Plot Points Center Around the Average Life of the Characters. Never Focused On the Small, Irrelevant Things – the Plot Point Caters to the Actions a Character Performs While Embarking Any Island ( City, Town, etc ) within the One Piece World.
  • Guts has purchased a Thunder Dial

Exploration Week IX Commences...

From this Point Onward, the Thread has Continued as an Exploration Plot Point

Last edited by a moderator:

Sinpoder

Kin
37💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
15⚔️
Ragnar looked around the bar and it didn't take long before some pirate came up to Ragnar, smelling of boozes and smoke before trying to say something at Ragnar. Ragnar had zero experience understanding drunk people, so could not make out a single word this man said and as Ragnar stared at him trying his hardest to figure out what the man was trying to say he felt something smash over the back of his head. As glass flew past his face and his head tilted down slightly from the blow, the guy standing in front of him realized that something was very wrong.

Ragnar turned around and looked back to see a man holding a broken bottle in his hand, and even with Ragnar as stupid, as he sometimes was he knew exactly what happen. Ragnar nodded his head for a moment, before giving a powerful front kick into the mans chest. This folded the man in half as he went flying backwards and slammed into the wall, sending the people at the table near by flying away as well.

It was quiet for half a second before it became an all out bar fight, where everyone in the bar was participating as chairs and tables were being broken and smashed over people.

Houdinii

Elite
Kin
467💸
Kumi
108💴
Trait Points
28⚔️
Status
Awards
As she sat in the sand Cid thought back for a moment on the crew splitting, saying goodbye to V as she sailed off with Guts. She was still wary of the new guy but V could take care of herself, and the journey there and back would shed light on whether he could be trusted.

The fishwoman stood and dusted herself off, she had decided with Mira to move somewhere more secluded for their training and decided upon Masu Island. Less populated that the main area of Polestar, the fishing area meant that apart from occasional small fishing vessels they had the privacy to train.

You done going over that book yet? I want to start training.

Cid whined a little just out of boredom.

@Mirai @Cayenne @jagged

Last edited:

Mirai

Supreme
Kin
1,013💸
Kumi
10,219💴
Trait Points
25⚔️
As she sat in the sand Cid thought back for a moment on the crew splitting, saying goodbye to V as she sailed off with Guts. She was still wary of the new guy but V could take care of herself, and the journey there and back would shed light on whether he could be trusted.

The fishwoman stood and dusted herself off, she had decided with Mira to move somewhere more secluded for their training and decided upon Masu Island. Less populated that the main area of Polestar, the fishing area meant that apart from occasional small fishing vessels they had the privacy to train.

You done going over that book yet? I want to start training.

Cid whined a little just out of boredom.

@Mirai @Cayenne @jagged
You must be registered for see images

While Guts and V had long sailed out to Shimotsuki; Mirabelle truly had no intentions on returning their so early considering her recent departure from the island. Well, recent is a rather blunt word but it mattered little. Cid whom had decided the two will remain on Masu Island – a lot less populated area of the island seemed to have been bored. Mirabelle had been studying her mother’s book for a good week, practicing the motions and refining her control over the manipulation of water molecules with her fighting stance. She would hear her fishman friend asking if she was finished causing the girl to wince a bit in annoyance. She would sigh, closing the book and tossing it to the side of her for now as she got up. “Yea yea…well I’ve come to understand the style a lot better now…but you should be better at it then me” she said taking a deep breath. “Let’s practice a bit then we’ll spar” she said as she walked close to the shoreline as the wet sand hugged onto her feet. “It’s all about your bodies’ movement and control of the water molecules around you, utilizing your motions to literally push them away which in turn would create shockwaves” she said. As she lowered her stance; she would inhale and exhale as she punched forward towards the open water in front of her. “Fishman Karate: Viperfish Strike!” she yelled, as the water’s surface would completely blast into the opposite direction of her fist. “See? Now you give it a try

Name: Viperfish Strike
Martial Art: Fishman Karate
Type: Offensive, Defensive
Scale: 1 - 30 Meters
Description: Viperfish Strike is a most basic and essential technique Mirabelle has learned. Through the use of her body movements; Mirabelle is capable of punching, kicking or any sort of basic movement of her limbs in order to push the water molecules in the air. This in turn allows her to send shockwaves across the battlefield in order to strike her opponents. While these shockwaves are capable of vast distance traveling, they are just as effective when striking in point blank, generating powerful impact on the body of the enemy.

Punk Hazard

Immortal
Kin
955💸
Kumi
135💴
Trait Points
50⚔️
Status
Star sat at the far corner of the bar, several plates and bowls stacked high atop the table at his booth. The Seastar's mouth and hands moved in a frenzy, stuffing his face with as much fish as he possibly could at a time. His cheeks bulged comedically, and he washed down the delicacies with a large swig of water.

"Orararara, they sure weren't lying," he bellowed, a wide grin on his face.

His exclamation seemed to attract the attention of half the bar. The waiter chuckled warmly, happy to see another satisfied patron.

"The fish here is really damn good," Star said to the water, pointing at him dramatically.

"Why thank you," the waiter chimed. "Our chefs made them fresh from the haul on Masu Island."

"You mean the fish came from right here?" Star asked excitedly.

The waiter nodded, and Star rose to his feet to pay his bill. Slinging his bag over his shoulder, he saluted the waiter to say goodbye and waltzed out of the door, whistling loudly as he moved with a sway to his step.

"Masu Island, eh? Heh heh, I think I oughta pay that place a visit. I bet I can capture all kinds of fish for the road."

Star sauntered through the town while reading a map he picked up at a store, singing and dancing to himself energetically until he reached the shore. Tying his back to his shoulder, the Seastar leaped into the water, taking off toward Masu Village.

Houdinii

Elite
Kin
467💸
Kumi
108💴
Trait Points
28⚔️
Status
Awards
You must be registered for see images

While Guts and V had long sailed out to Shimotsuki; Mirabelle truly had no intentions on returning their so early considering her recent departure from the island. Well, recent is a rather blunt word but it mattered little. Cid whom had decided the two will remain on Masu Island – a lot less populated area of the island seemed to have been bored. Mirabelle had been studying her mother’s book for a good week, practicing the motions and refining her control over the manipulation of water molecules with her fighting stance. She would hear her fishman friend asking if she was finished causing the girl to wince a bit in annoyance. She would sigh, closing the book and tossing it to the side of her for now as she got up. “Yea yea…well I’ve come to understand the style a lot better now…but you should be better at it then me” she said taking a deep breath. “Let’s practice a bit then we’ll spar” she said as she walked close to the shoreline as the wet sand hugged onto her feet. “It’s all about your bodies’ movement and control of the water molecules around you, utilizing your motions to literally push them away which in turn would create shockwaves” she said. As she lowered her stance; she would inhale and exhale as she punched forward towards the open water in front of her. “Fishman Karate: Viperfish Strike!” she yelled, as the water’s surface would completely blast into the opposite direction of her fist. “See? Now you give it a try

Name: Viperfish Strike
Martial Art: Fishman Karate
Type: Offensive, Defensive
Scale: 1 - 30 Meters
Description: Viperfish Strike is a most basic and essential technique Mirabelle has learned. Through the use of her body movements; Mirabelle is capable of punching, kicking or any sort of basic movement of her limbs in order to push the water molecules in the air. This in turn allows her to send shockwaves across the battlefield in order to strike her opponents. While these shockwaves are capable of vast distance traveling, they are just as effective when striking in point blank, generating powerful impact on the body of the enemy.
Cid watched closely as Mira took a stance and then thrust her fist forwards, the water in front of her parting in front of the strike. Much more than the pure power of the strike should allow. Awed for a moment the fishwoman walked over standing a little to the side of Mira and mirroring her stance, facing the lapping waves. Instead of trying to perform a specific strike Cid tried to let her mind become clear, letting her body move on its own without thought.

She moved her hand in a large, smooth curved motion, slowly and deliberately, ending in a chop like motion towards the sea. To her surprise the water parted as she released a shockwave almost without meaning to. Not wanting to lose the feeling she would immediately continue with a quick and powerful palm thrust that sent a fountain of sea spray into the air. She looked at her palm for a moment afterwards.

Huh, maybe it does come naturally. I wasn't even trying to do a specific strike, just trying to mirror the water, more...formless.

Punk Hazard

Immortal
Kin
955💸
Kumi
135💴
Trait Points
50⚔️
Status
Cid watched closely as Mira took a stance and then thrust her fist forwards, the water in front of her parting in front of the strike. Much more than the pure power of the strike should allow. Awed for a moment the fishwoman walked over standing a little to the side of Mira and mirroring her stance, facing the lapping waves. Instead of trying to perform a specific strike Cid tried to let her mind become clear, letting her body move on its own without thought.

She moved her hand in a large, smooth curved motion, slowly and deliberately, ending in a chop like motion towards the sea. To her surprise the water parted as she released a shockwave almost without meaning to. Not wanting to lose the feeling she would immediately continue with a quick and powerful palm thrust that sent a fountain of sea spray into the air. She looked at her palm for a moment afterwards.

Huh, maybe it does come naturally. I wasn't even trying to do a specific strike, just trying to mirror the water, more...formless.
“Bwoosh!”

Star’s head burst from the clear waters that washed onto Masu Island’s shores. He shook his wild hair dry, then stepped onto the sandy beach. In his right hand, he held a small sack filled with fish he had snagged as he swam near the island’s perimeter.

“I can’t wait fah chef ya up,” he said excitedly.

The Seastar trounced along the island’s beach when he caught sight of two others. His eyes widened as one of them delivered a chop that, though stopping in the air, cleaved a split into the water before him.

“Ah, dey usin’ Fishman Karate,” Star chortled.

He began running toward them, stopping once he was six meters away.

“Ey, yuh wan fight?” he asked, dropping the sack and entering a stance inviting battle. “Yuh’s a warrior, right? All da practice and no action ain’t gon do yuh no good.”

Last edited:

Squidy

Regular
Kin
1,460💸
Kumi
2,480💴
Trait Points
50⚔️
Ragnar looked around the bar and it didn't take long before some pirate came up to Ragnar, smelling of boozes and smoke before trying to say something at Ragnar. Ragnar had zero experience understanding drunk people, so could not make out a single word this man said and as Ragnar stared at him trying his hardest to figure out what the man was trying to say he felt something smash over the back of his head. As glass flew past his face and his head tilted down slightly from the blow, the guy standing in front of him realized that something was very wrong.

Ragnar turned around and looked back to see a man holding a broken bottle in his hand, and even with Ragnar as stupid, as he sometimes was he knew exactly what happen. Ragnar nodded his head for a moment, before giving a powerful front kick into the mans chest. This folded the man in half as he went flying backwards and slammed into the wall, sending the people at the table near by flying away as well.

It was quiet for half a second before it became an all out bar fight, where everyone in the bar was participating as chairs and tables were being broken and smashed over people.
Asa walks down the street with confidence, unnoticed by the huge people surrounding him to busy to look down. He was draped in his normal attire, and not his regular uniform due to it being his day off, although his very trusted companion stayed glued to his back.

"Oi! Pinser!? I think we've found the place we are looking for! Yes, this must be the marketplace!" The young Dwarf says to the large rolly polly on his back that does a little shimmy showing its approval.

The crowd of people had increased along with the noise of business transactions being heard in the near area. The Dwarf would then hurry and climb up a nearby person in an attempt to get an aerial view, where he then finds the stand in which he was looking for and moves towards it. Jumping person from person.

"Dials here! Get your dials here!!"

"Hey kind sir! I would like to purchase this yellow one right here!"

The vendor would look left to right as he wonders who said the words he had heard before feeling something touch his hand placed on his stand. Looking down he sees the Dwarf who smiles widely in response while touching the yellow thunder dial near by.

"Amazing, a Dwarf!!! Of course kid, 350K beli!!" The vendor says while kneeling down putting his face on the same level of his stand.

"That's no problem sir! I'll take it!!"

The two would then execute said transaction before Asa takes his leave to another part of town.
Purchasing Thunder Dial

Sinpoder

Kin
37💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
15⚔️
Ragnar had left that bar, as it appears that everyone there had fought themselves out and had decided to take a big nap in a pile. In reality Ragnar had left the men in a big pile after they have beaten each other up with Ragnar helping along for good measure. He had left that bar in all but a smoldering wreck. If anyone walked into that bar they would see all the tables and chairs were broken along with all the paterons knocked out and layed in a big pile. They might wake up in a couple of hours and tell someone what happened but Ragnar might already be gone by then.

He was walking down the street, he wondered what he could be doing to entertain himself. He seemed to realize that maybe this island wasn't very safe for someone like him, as it appears this place had very little Marine Presence or anything else, but it was interesting to him to think about the fact that he had clearly walked into a pirate bar. He wonders if there is a Revolutionary Base somewhere on this island as well he wasn't aware of.

@Squidy

Last edited:

Houdinii

Elite
Kin
467💸
Kumi
108💴
Trait Points
28⚔️
Status
Awards
“Bwoosh!”

Star’s head burst from the clear waters that washed onto Masu Island’s shores. He shook his wild hair dry, then stepped onto the sandy beach. In his right hand, he held a small sack filled with fish he had snagged as he swam near the island’s perimeter.

“I can’t wait fah chef ya up,” he said excitedly.

The Seastar trounced along the island’s beach when he caught sight of two others. His eyes widened as one of them delivered a chop that, though stopping in the air, cleaved a split into the water before him.

“Ah, dey usin’ Fishman Karate,” Star chortled.

He began running toward them, stopping once he was six meters away.

“Ey, yuh wan fight?” he asked, dropping the sack and entering a stance inviting battle. “Yuh’s a warrior, right? All da practice and no action ain’t gon do yuh no good.”
Cidirae was still focusing upon her hand when from the side a stranger approached, another fishman. Still dripping from the waves he would call out to the duo, taking up a fighting stance. Was he a marine? A pirate? Cid was wary of getting into another brawl after their last one, especially since they are just supposed to be here to train. She would look at Mira and could tell she was wary too, feeling protective of her crew mates as every, Cid took a step forward.

Action huh...are you a pirate?

Well the stranger was right about one thing, despite all the practice they could fit in, it wouldn't compare to real combat experience. You don't know what you have til you use it. Cid would stretch her neck a bit, trying to loosen up while watching the man as she stood there relaxed, clearly waiting for him to make a move.

Squidy

Regular
Kin
1,460💸
Kumi
2,480💴
Trait Points
50⚔️
Ragnar had left that bar, as it appears that everyone there had fought themselves out and had decided to take a big nap in a pile. In reality Ragnar had left the men in a big pile after they have beaten each other up with Ragnar helping along for good measure. He had left that bar in all but a smoldering wreck. If anyone walked into that bar they would see all the tables and chairs were broken along with all the paterons knocked out and layed in a big pile. They might wake up in a couple of hours and tell someone what happened but Ragnar might already be gone by then.

He was walking down the street, he wondered what he could be doing to entertain himself. He seemed to realize that maybe this island wasn't very safe for someone like him, as it appears this place had very little Marine Presence or anything else, but it was interesting to him to think about the fact that he had clearly walked into a pirate bar. He wonders if there is a Revolutionary Base somewhere on this island as well he wasn't aware of.

@Squidy
Strolling along one of the town's pathways Asa sees a group of armed men rushing towards his direction prompting the Dwarf to hide behind a nearby barrel. As the group passes by him he analyzes them and noticed that they were Revs, causing the Youngin to wonder what they were rushing into. He would then use his speed and power to rapidly climb on top of a building in order to get a better view of the town's layout.

The group seemed to be making their way towards a nearby bar for some reason, but out of the way of the Rev's path Asa notices a certain man in another part of town.

"Hmmm, he looks like the new recruit I was suppose to meet up with...... Let me get a closer look!" The Dwarf says with excitement before making his way towards the large man with long hair.

Getting closer to the man the Dwarf would get a better look and confirms that he is the guy he was looking for, but the thing that was weird was the fact that he was not a giant. Hopping on the the man's should the Dwarf would take a seat before starting up a conversation.

"Oi! Are you the shirtless brute I am looking for!? You're a little shorter than expected if you ask me."

DoT_Narrator2

Kin
150💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Exploration Week IX Results

The Plot Points Center Around the Average Life of the Characters. Never Focused On the Small, Irrelevant Things – the Plot Point Caters to the Actions a Character Performs While Embarking Any Island ( City, Town, etc ) within the One Piece World.
  • Asa Successfully Purchased the Thunder Dial

Developmental Week III Commences...

From this Point Onward, the Thread has Converted to a Developmental Weekly

Sinpoder

Kin
37💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
15⚔️
Strolling along one of the town's pathways Asa sees a group of armed men rushing towards his direction prompting the Dwarf to hide behind a nearby barrel. As the group passes by him he analyzes them and noticed that they were Revs, causing the Youngin to wonder what they were rushing into. He would then use his speed and power to rapidly climb on top of a building in order to get a better view of the town's layout.
The group seemed to be making their way towards a nearby bar for some reason, but out of the way of the Rev's path Asa notices a certain man in another part of town.
"Hmmm, he looks like the new recruit I was suppose to meet up with...... Let me get a closer look!" The Dwarf says with excitement before making his way towards the large man with long hair.
Getting closer to the man the Dwarf would get a better look and confirms that he is the guy he was looking for, but the thing that was weird was the fact that he was not a giant. Hopping on the the man's should the Dwarf would take a seat before starting up a conversation.
"Oi! Are you the shirtless brute I am looking for!? You're a little shorter than expected if you ask me."
Ragnar stopped quickly as he heard someone yell at him. He turned only to feel a crash on his shoulder, though it was very mild and felt more like a large child landing on his shoulders then a fully grown man. As he turned his head to see a Dwarf sitting on his shoulder he couldn't help but think " I wonder who this man is...and am I too short? " Ragnar looked down at himself for a moment before he grew himself slightly taller and wider, going to nearly eight feet tall rather then the seven he was at before. Maybe that would be closer to what the small man was looking for.

" I would suppose so, considering I am the only person I have seen in this town without a shirt... and considering you called me short I assume you thought I would be larger then I am currently. Hopefully my new size will do just fine. " Ragnar wasn't sure what was going on but he was sure it would be more exciting then the bar fight he was just in.

Squidy

Regular
Kin
1,460💸
Kumi
2,480💴
Trait Points
50⚔️
Ragnar stopped quickly as he heard someone yell at him. He turned only to feel a crash on his shoulder, though it was very mild and felt more like a large child landing on his shoulders then a fully grown man. As he turned his head to see a Dwarf sitting on his shoulder he couldn't help but think " I wonder who this man is...and am I too short? " Ragnar looked down at himself for a moment before he grew himself slightly taller and wider, going to nearly eight feet tall rather then the seven he was at before. Maybe that would be closer to what the small man was looking for.

" I would suppose so, considering I am the only person I have seen in this town without a shirt... and considering you called me short I assume you thought I would be larger then I am currently. Hopefully my new size will do just fine. " Ragnar wasn't sure what was going on but he was sure it would be more exciting then the bar fight he was just in.
"Ohhhhhhhhhh! You grew, this is amazing!!" Asa yelled as he jumped up on his feet on top of the recruit's shoulder. "Your height is still regular compared to the human's I've seen, but the fact that you can alter your size means you've got to be that new guy I was sent to find! Ragu, or Rengar or something..."

After hearing the man's reply Asa would introduce himself, stating his name and rank within the Marines. He would then direct the special, new recruit to a forest just outside of the town's center where the two would find a clearing big enough for the both of them to go all out without drawing too much attention. The Dwarf would then hop off of the man's shoulder and land on the ground before turning to face his larger subordinate.

"We're about to undergo some training that will be both beneficial for you, me, and this guy here on my back." The Petty Officer ends as Pinser his companion releases his grasp on Asa letting his top half lose in which he waves from side to side displaying a form of a greeting.

"I suggest you shrink down to my size in order for us to do this more smoothly....."

Sinpoder

Kin
37💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
15⚔️
"Ohhhhhhhhhh! You grew, this is amazing!!" Asa yelled as he jumped up on his feet on top of the recruit's shoulder. "Your height is still regular compared to the human's I've seen, but the fact that you can alter your size means you've got to be that new guy I was sent to find! Ragu, or Rengar or something..."
After hearing the man's reply Asa would introduce himself, stating his name and rank within the Marines. He would then direct the special, new recruit to a forest just outside of the town's center where the two would find a clearing big enough for the both of them to go all out without drawing too much attention. The Dwarf would then hop off of the man's shoulder and land on the ground before turning to face his larger subordinate.
"We're about to undergo some training that will be both beneficial for you, me, and this guy here on my back." The Petty Officer ends as Pinser his companion releases his grasp on Asa letting his top half lose in which he waves from side to side displaying a form of a greeting.
"I suggest you shrink down to my size in order for us to do this more smoothly....."
"Ragnar"

Ragnar nodded to the man as he then followed him to outside of town, into a clearing and he heard the man request him to shrink down to his size. Ragnar nodded before he started to grow smaller and smaller, all of the clothes and everything on him changing with size as well. As he did this he had no real issues or problems, as this was around his 'new' normal height anyway. As Ragnar looked at the man, now eye to eye roughly, he stood there as he waited to see what would happen next. He wondered how fast this little man was, from what he knew about dwarves is that they were supposed to be very fast, and while Ragnar was the size of a dwarf, he did not have the speed of one, though he did know that his speed was less limited in this form.

Squidy

Regular
Kin
1,460💸
Kumi
2,480💴
Trait Points
50⚔️
"Ragnar"

Ragnar nodded to the man as he then followed him to outside of town, into a clearing and he heard the man request him to shrink down to his size. Ragnar nodded before he started to grow smaller and smaller, all of the clothes and everything on him changing with size as well. As he did this he had no real issues or problems, as this was around his 'new' normal height anyway. As Ragnar looked at the man, now eye to eye roughly, he stood there as he waited to see what would happen next. He wondered how fast this little man was, from what he knew about dwarves is that they were supposed to be very fast, and while Ragnar was the size of a dwarf, he did not have the speed of one, though he did know that his speed was less limited in this form.
"Yosh!" Asa responded with before starting up their training.

Starting off with a lite sprint at 5 SPM, which should be trackable by his comrade, Asa would suddenly speed up to 6 SPM where he encircles Ragnar before enclosing in directly behind him in order to deliver a punch to the back of his head. Due to Ragnar's high fortitude the strike should feel like a mosquito that barely nudges his body. The goal of Asa was not to hurt the Seaman, but to build up his visual prowess in tracking faster speeds. The Dwarf would repeat the process multiple times, although he would strike at different angles with each consecutive hit, continuing for hours until the mini giant got use to tracking a target at 6 SPM. Asa didn't know how long it would take, but he was determined on building up this new recruit even if it took a process of days.