Veteran
Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
You must be registered for see images

Dragon Ball Kai is an upcoming anime series that is set to be an HD Remaster and Recut of Dragon Ball Z done for the 20th Anniversary of Dragon Ball Z that premiered on Fuji TV on April 5th at 9:00am just before One Piece, and the two shows are being marketed together as 'Dream 9', which refers to the hour in which they both air. Little is known about the series, however two Issues of Shounen JUMP have included some primary information about it.

Known Information

-The series is being extensively "refreshed" for Japanese TV.
-It's being done in celebration of Dragon Ball Z's 20th anniversary.
-It is not new animation, but simply a remastering of the original film.
-Part of this will be reformatting and extending the picture to 16:9 Widescreen.
Note: The Jump image says it will not be a cropping of the series, at least not completely.
-A complete re-recording of the dialog by most of the original Japanese voice cast.
-Completely new sound design with updated sound effects.
-The opening and ending themes are completely new, having nothing to do with the original themes.
-Reports have stated that the series will be cut down from 291 episodes to approximately 100, but these rumors are unsubstantiated.
-A report in V Jump asserts that the episodes would be edited to more closely follow the manga, resulting in a faster moving story, and to remove any damaged frames. This may indicate that Dragon Ball Kai will minimize the filler material produced for Dragon Ball Z's original production run, and may also account for the rumored drastic drop in episode count for the reworked series.
-"Kai" starts from the invasion of the Saiyans. This version will be re-edited to hew more closely to Akira Toriyama's original story, so the story's development will progress all the faster.
-Takayoshi Tanimoto performs the series' new opening and closing themes, "Dragon Soul" and "Yeah! Break! Care Break!".
-Through digital processing, the image will be made vibrant. All the grime, damage and noise remaining on the "Z" film will be removed, making the image much clearer in HD.
-Toei Animation confirmed DBK's story will be edited to fit closer to the Manga.
the title.

Anybody seen eps 1&2 yet? I'm not very impressed. The only animation that looks any better are the opening and ending themes. Also the episodes aren't much shorter either..

Naruto..

Legendary
Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
Awards
You must be registered for see images

Dragon Ball Kai is an upcoming anime series that is set to be an HD Remaster and Recut of Dragon Ball Z done for the 20th Anniversary of Dragon Ball Z that premiered on Fuji TV on April 5th at 9:00am just before One Piece, and the two shows are being marketed together as 'Dream 9', which refers to the hour in which they both air. Little is known about the series, however two Issues of Shounen JUMP have included some primary information about it.

Known Information

-The series is being extensively "refreshed" for Japanese TV.
-It's being done in celebration of Dragon Ball Z's 20th anniversary.
-It is not new animation, but simply a remastering of the original film.
-Part of this will be reformatting and extending the picture to 16:9 Widescreen.
Note: The Jump image says it will not be a cropping of the series, at least not completely.
-A complete re-recording of the dialog by most of the original Japanese voice cast.
-Completely new sound design with updated sound effects.
-The opening and ending themes are completely new, having nothing to do with the original themes.
-Reports have stated that the series will be cut down from 291 episodes to approximately 100, but these rumors are unsubstantiated.
-A report in V Jump asserts that the episodes would be edited to more closely follow the manga, resulting in a faster moving story, and to remove any damaged frames. This may indicate that Dragon Ball Kai will minimize the filler material produced for Dragon Ball Z's original production run, and may also account for the rumored drastic drop in episode count for the reworked series.
-"Kai" starts from the invasion of the Saiyans. This version will be re-edited to hew more closely to Akira Toriyama's original story, so the story's development will progress all the faster.
-Takayoshi Tanimoto performs the series' new opening and closing themes, "Dragon Soul" and "Yeah! Break! Care Break!".
-Through digital processing, the image will be made vibrant. All the grime, damage and noise remaining on the "Z" film will be removed, making the image much clearer in HD.
-Toei Animation confirmed DBK's story will be edited to fit closer to the Manga.
the title.

Anybody seen eps 1&2 yet? I'm not very impressed. The only animation that looks any better are the opening and ending themes. Also the episodes aren't much shorter either..
i saw the first one and i think the same it almost looks the same :/

Xero

Veteran
Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
yeh, their cutting out all the speaking and unnesesary bullcrap
It might be just a rumor. And SoulReaper what to do you mean, we'll have to wait until the Frieza arc to notice something new? I think we won't see any higher quality animation like in the OP/ED. Just the same exact picture.. which isn't SO bad but still I feel let down.

SoulReaper

Regular
Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
It might be just a rumor. And SoulReaper what to do you mean, we'll have to wait until the Frieza arc to notice something new? I think we won't see any higher quality animation like in the OP/ED. Just the same exact picture.. which isn't SO bad but still I feel let down.
I heard, just heard that they will start re-mastering at frieza arc, but I read it in a spanish web-site so not sure if its true T.T

Buu

Regular
Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
My bad.
Diabolus is very bitter user for something minor.:p

Anyways.

Pure awesome. I just found out about it yesterday. I blame myself, I don't read current events offen enough - not enough here in NB, or anywhere else for that matter.

The only negative part I could say is the theme music, it isn't the same and doesn't sound like dragonballish.

I'm glad Akira Toriyama is getting more reps, and is apart of the remastering. I hate DBGT but I like how this is turning out. I can't wait for Vegeta vs Goku.
The special that had Vegeta's brother, kind-of jump started my DBZ engine. This is keeping it running. Very thrilled.

I think normal DB fans will like it, and the bipolar fans will not like it at first, but when the bigger fights come by, I think they will come to like it. All'n'all a good change from that Evolution vomit still in my mouth.

Last edited: