Kin
6,121💸
Kumi
1,800💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
A webtoon on the webtoon site.

First and obvious thing is the title being a mash up of dragons and ragnarok the nordic mythology of the battle of the gods.

The original dragnarok webtoon centers around the threat of the sixth dragnarok and its prequel series dragnarok descendants centers around the threat of the 5th dragnarok.

So based off this universe every 1000 years a new dragnarok or dragon god is ascended each possessing a specific magical powers. Them being dragon god of energy, fire, water, ice, earth and I don't think its specifically stated what the sixth is but my guess god of death and disease.

Each dragnarok has human descendants by breeding with them and these descendants can either be a mage a draquen(dragon shifter) or in special cases morgue who can use all the dragnarok magics. Also seems dragnaroks each have the power to corrupt humans and create monster armies as we see from the 5th and 6th dragnaroks. Also seems dragnaroks and their descendants might have a telepathic connection with each other.

Me I think the mysterious of the series are how are dragnaroks chosen, who had control of magic dragons or humans, can morgues only access the magic of available dragnaroks and why.

I think the prequel helps to answer many of these questions and I also think it shows the ascension of the 6th dragnarok who I think is captain Dorgaz. We see around the end of the second series people saying dorgaz should be the next dragnarok. So my guess is current dragnaroks nominate who should be dragnaroks based off of good deeds and reputation even the 5th dragnarok had a good reputation. Also it might be the case humans had access to magic first and possibly dragons ceased it. Since its stated a magic woods was created for humans and to ward off dragons and only place to fight against dragnarok magic. Even human dragon descendants its hostile to. We see under the first their these root with faces which I assume is these human mages and these human mages say its Prius fault.

We also know Prius fell in love with a human and this human with her magic was able to give Prius a human form so they could have kids. My guess is these human mages didn't like this union of dragon and humans and sharing magic with dragons. We also know that dragnarok descendants are kept secret and these original human mages went extinct. Its unclear if dragons had to do with the extinction of human mages but it seems people are hostile to draquen and it doesn't correlate to those hostile monster shifters because even in the prequel draquen had to hide their identity.

Also I wonder if hybrid daquan is possible since we see the black dragon draquen could use fire which I would think is only exclusive for fire dragon draquens. Frey also had a connection with that ice wolf but could be because the ice and water dragnaroks might of been brothers. Also wonder if a draquen can ascend to a dragnarok some are missing and we have one confirmed dead so there a vacancy for them and if dragnaroks were given their power I would think the same should be true for draquen.

We know for the main series ime is a draquen, net is a morgue and I think bea might of been corrupted by 6th dragnarok but as we see in the prequel it might not always be effective so see might be able to control it if see gets her emotions in line. We know dragnarok descendants have special eyes where only only other descendants can perceive beas eyes only change when she's angry and seems regular people can perceive it.

I'm thinking the 6th magic naturally has the property where it corrupts its user so unless your an emotionally solid individual you will be corrupted.

I'm not sure why the black dragon guy is after Prius book of spells but seems the 6th dragnarok needs it seems it is a threat or might help it in some way.

Lastly on a side note it's sad pretty much everyone in the dragnarok descendants cast died hope it doesn't go down like that in the main story. I get this is a mature dark series but still fingers crossed for happy ending.

Also I think a potential future dragnarok would be one of God of dream and illusions with purple eyes based off the effects we see in the magic forest.

And anyone know where that red stone thing that is corrupting dragnarok came from?

I'm also shipping ime with the redhead, net and frey would be too weird because even tho she's physically 14 she's still mentally seven net wont be mentally 18 years old until she becomes 25 so if you can wait for potential shipping that long go ahead.