[Game] [FIN] Round 8- Dracula Castle Madness Game

Who is the MVP?

• Poison chan (mafia roleblocker)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Odd (town weaponsmith)

• Lady Coffee (mafia killer, didn't post)

• MadieV (mafia killer)

• Mr. Lonely (town roleblocker)

• Akumatsu (town protector)

• Oreki_Houtarou (town protector sub)

• Ryu Kishi (town vigilante)

• All_Red (town lover)

• Junegirl_19 (town time protector, didn't post)

• EvanManManMan (town time protector sub)

• Duke3star (mafia full cop)

• Eliphas (town even cop)

• AIVION (town bodyguard)

• Sleeping Terror (town judge)

• Waindo (town jailkeeper)

• Konno (innocent child)

• Alice in Noodleland (innocent child sub)

• 6th Hokage (mafia godfather, didn't post)

• TheLukundo (mafia godfather sub)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Waindo

Legendary
Kin
869💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Good day everyone. :)

I see that few players are questioning my alingment. You got no reason for that.

Or do you? But not for having any solid proof behind that suspicion, but rather for redirecting the attention to me? Hmm. :unsure:

The metaphors are at hand, google is your friend.

LanMisa

Regular
Kin
566💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

I see that few players are questioning my alingment. You got no reason for that.

Or do you? But not for having any solid proof behind that suspicion, but rather for redirecting the attention to me? Hmm. :unsure:

I don't want to read riddles, I want to see solving. Not solving is anti town.

Waindo

Legendary
Kin
869💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I don't want to read riddles, I want to see solving. Not solving is anti town.
Actually in a no claim - mind game like this it should be in your interest if you're town to go the extra mile and try to decypher what I was trying to say. And you are not doing that. You are digressing, how did you put it 'engaging players'. From what I see here you're fishing out townies and presenting yourself as scum on a silver platter to us.

Michelle

Legendary
Kin
9,012💸
Kumi
3,787💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Votes tally

Votes

Target

Voters

LanMisa

SleepingTerror

Ansatsuken
Poison chan
Odd
Lady Coffee
Mr.Lonely
Akumatsu
Ryu Kishi
LanMisa

All_Red voted with incorrect format in post #80 and unvoted with incorrect format in post #168

Junegirl_19
Duk3star
Eliphas
Rei
AIVION

SleepingTerror Voted in post #199

Waindo
Konno
6thHokage TheLukundo

Last edited:
Reactions: Rohan

TheLukundo

Veteran
Kin
1,216💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

You seem a very difficult person to read. Especially when you become Mr Nigma and when I ain’t a detective.

LanMisa

Regular
Kin
566💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Actually in a no claim - mind game like this it should be in your interest if you're town to go the extra mile and try to decypher what I was trying to say. And you are not doing that. You are digressing, how did you put it 'engaging players'. From what I see here you're fishing out townies and presenting yourself as scum on a silver platter to us.
This game is about finding scum. Not about finding inventive ways to circumvent the no claim rule by claiming via riddles. If all you are willing to invest into this game is this much you are not helpful at all. And kind of missing the point of why people play Mafia in the first place.

LanMisa

Regular
Kin
566💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yes it is. Considering my role, quite bad for town.
So, you claimed your role, you "proved to be important".... and what now? Wait a few phases until your role kicks in? Revel in your masterful way of tricking the system?Your role is enough to win the game for town, no solving needed at all? That it?
Post automatically merged:

I mean, I know a community who always plays role madness and whose D1 always revel around who can "claim without claiming " the best, who is worst at it gets lynched D1 without any other factors playing a part in it.

....It's just not the game of wits that I consider mafia to be and that I want to participate in. Sounds right up your alley though.

Waindo

Legendary
Kin
869💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
So, you claimed your role, you "proved to be important".... and what now? Wait a few phases until your role kicks in? Revel in your masterful way of tricking the system?Your role is enough to win the game for town, no solving needed at all? That it?

I mean, I know a community who always plays role madness and whose D1 always revel around who can "claim without claiming " the best, who is worst at it gets lynched D1 without any other factors playing a part in it.

....It's just not the game of wits that I consider mafia to be and that I want to participate in. Sounds right up your alley though.
While you would obviously love to see me claim and get modkilled, you won't be seeing that. :)

But I applaud your effort.

Just_Red

Veteran
Kin
1,803💸
Kumi
1,445💴
Trait Points
41⚔️
Awards
Actually, let's do it.
vote @LanMisa

I think you are downplaying yourself a bit too much. This is a role madness game, therefore, your claim that day 1 isn't good for you because you tend to scumread power roles doesn't hold water.
I also think you are unnecessarily shading my take of you. Skimming means not reading closely but to get the gist of what has happened so far. Initially I was reading you off the impression I got, which was you were actively engaging with the thread and its participants, something I tend to associate with town (though a good scum player can mimic this easily). I don't feel it's unreasonable for that take to change once I read the thread more closely.
I also know you, as someone has direct experience with my wolf game, would likely read me off activity/engagement over anything else. Rather than excusing yourself for shading me by calling me scummy based on how other people may misread me, as town, I believe you would value your own experience as an indicator for my alignment.
Wait so why are you voting Lan, I read your paragrah and got that you said she was down playing herslef too much, could you explain why thats a problem?
You also stated that she was shady on your post? Please clearify
I think Ranu is Town. 100% didn’t check game thread announcements and see he is IC(!)
Why do you think this?

Simply put, this stuff is mafia.

Vote: @Waindo
Reason: will post

Okay so heres my reads so far; everyone I dont post is town
Waindo: posts much, says little. What Im saying is that he has done many posts none that actually help the game thus far. All either about himself or about flowers.

Sleeping: Her stance on Lan seems a little awkward, maybe if she clarified I wouldn't have this problem

Poi Son and Ansa: they both seem to be in something together, the feels I get from them isn't good.

LanMisa

Regular
Kin
566💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
While you would obviously love to see me claim and get modkilled, you won't be seeing that. :)

But I applaud your effort.
Okay, buddy, if you don't feel like playing and finding scum I won't bother with you any longer. You can revel in your mastery of how to claim without rulebreaking. I'll use my time to actually catch the scum team. I'm just wasting my time on you.

If you are fine with relying on your role to win the game, then that's up to you. Just don't come crying afterwards that the game was too hard when scum wins and you didn't even try to figure out the other players.

Michelle

Legendary
Kin
9,012💸
Kumi
3,787💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Votes tally

Votes

Target

Voters

LanMisa

SleepingTerror
Waindo

Waindo

All_Red

Ansatsuken
Poison chan
Odd
Lady Coffee
Mr.Lonely
Akumatsu
Ryu Kishi
LanMisa

All_Red voted with incorrect format in post #80 and unvoted with incorrect format in post #168 voted in post #233

Junegirl_19
Duk3star
Eliphas
Rei
AIVION

SleepingTerror Voted in post #199

Waindo voted in post #228

Konno
TheLukundo

Last edited:
Kin
225💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yes to the first. You are a town lean of mine, despite what I called out earlier (maybe even because, since that kind of stuff tends to get you mislynched so often on MU), but without seeing you under pressure it is not something even close to a lock read. You are not an early Creature level scum after all.

People I am interested in your opinion about are Lonely, Weindo, Ansatsuken... maybe Red and AIVION as well. Want to check notes.
"So often" - I've been mislynched three out of maybe fifteen town games on MU? One of the times was a lol lynch because scum had already achieved parity.
Do you know why I was mislynched in the other two games? At the time I thought it was because I was depressed and let it affect my play, in that I had little motivation to convince others of my stance. No, it just turns out that people had worse reads than me and wouldn't have listened regardless of what I said. Decided to snap vote me in LyLo without giving me a chance to explain why the other player was mafia or even reevaluating why they were left alive. That was on them, not me.
And for the record - of all the times I've been mislynched, only once have I been mislynched outside of LyLo, and there were 4 evils on my train that time, in a game of 15. So I don't know if it's intentional, but I find it insulting that you are bringing up past games where people incorrectly read me and pinning it on my own behavior rather than an error in their judgement.

Red - Commented on already; I like their motivation, but it will take me time to assess whether it's genuine or not, in that I didn't fully agree with their vote on Eli and simply saying "I want to move the game forward" is NAI.
Aivion - Also commented on. Similar reasons to why I initially became skeptical of you, they were existing in the thread rather than making attempts to progress it. They gave townleans on you and Red, but those were fairly easy reads to give (as most townleans on active players tend to be). I'd argue all of their posts could be made by the opposite alignment. If I were to underestimate their capabilities as a wolf, I'd perhaps townlean the lack of shying away from the thread, but they've played on other sites before.
Lonely - A decent player based on the last game I saw him in, so I look forward to seeing more of his reads. Not interested in touching him currently, though I'd like more commentary on other players in general, as (again) the majority of his posts could be made by any alignment.
Waindo - A rather lacking ISO, to be honest. They've yet to give reads on other players and seem solely focused on their own appearance. Need further reason for their vote on you, as I can't imagine it's for the same exact reasoning as mine. If anything though, I find their emphasis on their town alignment to be slightly more likely to come from town, based on past games. Something to do with a bias in knowing their own alignment - sometimes it's difficult to see why others would scumread you when it's clear to yourself that you're town.
Ansatsuken - Townlean, particularly for their read of Poison. He's gotten some negative attention for calling his read of her based on "feeling," but I think scum can easily fabricate reasoning as they have insider info. I don't believe it's scum being lazy for not explaining but rather town with a genuine read on another player they can't quite explain (a common occurrence for me).
Wait so why are you voting Lan, I read your paragrah and got that you said she was down playing herslef too much, could you explain why thats a problem?
You also stated that she was shady on your post? Please clearify
Downplaying = lowering people's expectations of you, either for them to townread you for play you can make as either alignment or to give you passes for mistakes. If it was an honest assessment of your own play, understandable, but it was not. Misa claimed that their day 1 sucks because they tend to read power roles as mafia, except that shouldn't be an issue this game because everyone is a power role. That was misleading information about their meta.

Shading = casting suspicion on another player without actually pursuing them as a lead, in order to save them for a later pursuit (perhaps when they've become an easier target), or discredit what they've said so far under the possibility they're mafia. That is what Misa did, though they did not necessarily need to create doubt about my alignment for them to discredit my commentary of them. The manner in which he commented on my changing read of them suggested he found my progression unreasonable but did not actually accuse me of being mafia. This would have allowed others to see Misa's reasoning and potentially be swayed and scumlean/read me, all without Misa getting his hands dirty and attacking me directly. If their discrediting of how I came about the read on them was successful, it'd also prevent others from seeing eye to eye with me on Misa or at least trying to understand how I came about that read.

Not to mention they seem very eager to shift attention away from them, to the point of directly asking me for opinions on other players when I've already given them on some of the players they've listed as well as others. It suggests they'd like for me to spend my energy on other players aside from themselves, but is not actually interested in what I had to say about them. Should they respond to my current reads on others reasonably, I may reevaluate.

Eliphas

Kin
100💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Just catching up the thread to this point. Posting to mark my place. I am currently at work and my ability to post is based on lulls in having to preform my job duties. That said and out of the way, I would like to note that tho I am not sure the intent or aim, I have noticed the 'shading' in regards to Mr. Lonely and Ansatsuken aimed in my direction. Not entirely sure what I have done to warrant this attention, but I will acknowledge that I have seen it.

AIVION

Kin
51💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Good morning/afternoon/night or what have you people!~ time to play catch up. Had my coffee and i'm ready to roll! :p

Here's my pages 8 to 10 responses. Will work on 11 to 12 (maybe 13) afterwards.

Hi there! ^_^ Where are you at in regards to the game?

Honestly it's not my style to profile everyone due to my way of thinking. My reads come out of me naturally otherwise just saying something to give you my thoughts could lead to inaccuracy of what I may end up doing. So if I see something, then I'll clearly state it. I'm not wadting my energy just yet when not everyone has contributed out given sufficient content.

I meant wasting

That was more of a joke, but I guess you didn't get it. It's alright
Uh, this feels sort of strange. Are you saying you don't want to contribute yourself if no one else wants to contribute? It sort of feels reserved and cautious. :/

Lol. Okay, so first things first, as I always mention my timezones before every other game, I'm from India, which would be GMT +5.5 I guess.. I'll prefer to vote at the end of the day. Thanks.

A lot of new players. This Base is flourishing. I see @LanMisa you might be a weeb, hope to get along with you. From (#51)

@AIVION are you a vet player?
Uh, define "vet" player xD. If you mean someone that's played 100s of games and knows mechanics inside and out, then no. But if you are referring to someone who's played a decent amount of mafia, then I suppose I am. Been playing since October of last year, so I believe I have about 14 games (excluding this one) Under my belt atm? And currently in another one now.

Well I don't know, is angleshooting allowed? @Michelle
...Why would you want to know that? Angleshooting is a huge NO NO and my maiden site has been cracking down on it. Ew..

So your just claiming to be a partner for posien?
I dunno how someone giving a "this feels good" to them is anything indicative of them being aligned together, lol. :p

Even though I don't agree with it, as I mentioned in my above response to it.

@Mr.Lonely this

The game starts Today the 14th of March at 10 PM GMT+2 when the Castel's horologe will sound 10 times... 2 hours before werewolves hour!

I asked what does the last line signify?
Looks like flavor to me. If it meant anything the host would of more than likely of said so. I've hosted enough to be able to conclude that :3

@Mr.Lonely I think the 2 hours are schematic. There is a calender on the first page and from what I understand this phase is going to last 48 hours.

@ ALL I am getting a bit confused about the terminology. What is this 'meta' thing I read?

Edit: I tagged a member named All ?
I believe a few people answered the Meta question already :p

Also.. we're allowed to edit?? Or was that a pre-post edit? I can't tell how to tell if something is edited on this site >.>

Not really much for me at the moment

Meta is like using past experiences it information that hasn't really been brought up in the current game. It's just outside sources that are used as reason to suspect someone or question them
This is a towny post.

This post feels forced.

This post feels forced.

This is also towny.
Can you explain why their post felt forced? To me it felt like they were just being light-hearted about it. Eh.

Your style reminds me of someone's, so I'm sure you'll explain your methods in due time :)

So... RE went from a town lean to a null lean on me based on progression... while I was sleeping and not posting. Noted.

Also mindmelding with Duke so far.

Also feeling unhappy that people are more focused on reading into mechanics and joke posts thab into analysing player behaviour and attempts at solving / attempts to pretend you are solving.

Also: Just like town being the antithesis of the wolves, the atheists are the antithesis of the cult, since it was brought up. It was part of the joke. And I am surprised anybody would try to read into it that hard... priorities, anyone?
RE?

How? Are you saying you agree with the two posts they've commented on so far?

Actually, let's do it.
vote @LanMisa

I think you are downplaying yourself a bit too much. This is a role madness game, therefore, your claim that day 1 isn't good for you because you tend to scumread power roles doesn't hold water.
I also think you are unnecessarily shading my take of you. Skimming means not reading closely but to get the gist of what has happened so far. Initially I was reading you off the impression I got, which was you were actively engaging with the thread and its participants, something I tend to associate with town (though a good scum player can mimic this easily). I don't feel it's unreasonable for that take to change once I read the thread more closely.
I also know you, as someone has direct experience with my wolf game, would likely read me off activity/engagement over anything else. Rather than excusing yourself for shading me by calling me scummy based on how other people may misread me, as town, I believe you would value your own experience as an indicator for my alignment.
I feel like they meant more than that in terms of having a weak day 1. I can admit my day 1 is relatively weak as well (and as I said I'm trying to improve on it since I can't really fluff post in this game.) and I don't really feel like that constitutes as "downplaying" yourself.

Wait, so you initially town read Lan for their "engaging" of the thread? You correct this by addind a good scum player can mimic that playstyle, yet initially you town read it anyway? In what way at first was it enough for you to town read it? I'm curious...

I don't know any of your meta's, but usually activity is NAI as some people have issues keeping up due to real life commitments and the like. Are you saying Activity for you is indicative of your alignment? I don't really know how to feel about that...

Using that perspective,

Atheist could be Town

While

Cult is Cult, a third party.

But what I'm to trying to tell here is that you're trying to twist the real situation. Or made it less apparent.

Maybe I'm too overthinking here. But I will keep it for future reference and future scrutiny.
...I think you're overthinking it xD

Kin
225💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I feel like they meant more than that in terms of having a weak day 1. I can admit my day 1 is relatively weak as well (and as I said I'm trying to improve on it since I can't really fluff post in this game.) and I don't really feel like that constitutes as "downplaying" yourself.

Wait, so you initially town read Lan for their "engaging" of the thread? You correct this by addind a good scum player can mimic that playstyle, yet initially you town read it anyway? In what way at first was it enough for you to town read it? I'm curious...

I don't know any of your meta's, but usually activity is NAI as some people have issues keeping up due to real life commitments and the like. Are you saying Activity for you is indicative of your alignment? I don't really know how to feel about that...
The difference between you and Misa is that Misa justified their weak day 1 with something not applicable to this game - that they tend to scumread town power roles.

Because I was short on time, and perhaps a bit more willing to give a premature read - I threw in my current thoughts and left. That's why it was enough at first. I don't entirely know why I choose to share certain thoughts of mine and save others for later or never, but I think it's because when I post them, it gives somewhere to start, even if I do end up changing my mind later on by using less flexible reasoning.

It can be. Though some of my town games have very low post count as well. I don't enjoy playing as mafia but love playing as town, so my post count reflects this. Not fun for me to make reads on players that I don't believe myself.
Though I'm not saying that activity is a tell for everyone, but rather it can be for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.