Does ATLA have better characters and plot than Naruto?

Happy Medium

XXXNation
Kin
11💸
Kumi
21💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I think that they have a very cartoon-ish design and Naruto is more anime-ish, but their art style can be funny at times. They also have a very interesting plot in both The Last Airbender and The Legend of Korra, although the latter is usually frowned upon.

So what do you think? Plot wise, and in terms of character quality, is ATLA better than Naruto? And why?

InfiniteMugen

KING
Legendary
Kin
110💸
Kumi
200💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
No lie, I didn’t even know it WAS an anime, I thought it was an American take on an anime, anyways that being said, from what I’ve heard it’s better written than naruto, but I haven’t seen it so I can’t give my own opinion

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
That's weird you'd call that art cartoon-ish when the art is heavily anime inspired. A lot of the art was done by Asian studios like DR Movie and JM Animation and MOI Animation

Happy Medium

XXXNation
Kin
11💸
Kumi
21💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
That's weird you'd call that art cartoon-ish when the art is heavily anime inspired. A lot of the art was done by Asian studios like DR Movie and JM Animation and MOI Animation
I don't think it's weird at all, I can show a bunch of images where the art style looks more like a cartoon than an anime.

You must be registered for see images

The art style isn't entirely consistent throughout the entire series, but there are a number of scenes when the art style could be called cartoon-ish. At most, resembled a very advanced cartoon art style, far more sharp and detailed than other cartoons.​

321ice

Kin
51💸
Kumi
96💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
ATLA started decent and ended a masterpiece in plot and character quality + development

LOK was a good sequel imo, it wasn’t bad at all to me. Just not as interesting

I can’t really say one(Avatar and Naruto) is better than the other

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I don't think it's weird at all, I can show a bunch of images where the art style looks more like a cartoon than an anime.

You must be registered for see images

The art style isn't entirely consistent throughout the entire series, but there are a number of scenes when the art style could be called cartoon-ish. At most, resembled a very advanced cartoon art style, far more sharp and detailed than other cartoons.​
Look at those eyes, the wide mouth and nose, those are typical anime styles not typical American/Western cartoon style, you'd be hard pressed to find a cartoon example from a time before anime's influence took affect that resembled that. If that's how you view it that's how you view it just know it was heavily anime inspired stylistically and done by mostly Asian art studios.

Happy Medium

XXXNation
Kin
11💸
Kumi
21💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Look at those eyes, the wide mouth and nose, those are typical anime styles not typical American/Western cartoon style, you'd be hard pressed to find a cartoon example from a time before anime's influence took affect that resembled that. If that's how you view it that's how you view it just know it was heavily anime inspired stylistically and done by mostly Asian art studios.
You must not watch Western shows if you think that large eyes, a wide nose, and a big smile are unique only to anime style; most characters in these kind of cartoons have exaggerated features. I'm not going to provide examples from before anime's influence because developments in character design are not strictly inherent of anime influence. I accept that it was designed mainly by Asian studios, but to me the design looks more cartoon-ish than anime-ish. The only reason I would suspect Asian studios are involved is because they're more familiar with the Eastern setting than Americans would be, but they're still drawing an American cartoon for American viewers; something here and there might look anime-ish, but overall it projects more of a cartoon feel.