Pulkit singh3

Regular
Kin
965💸
Kumi
369💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
By this I mean that people in Japan prefers to buy Manga unlike others so they desire quality content and now that I think about it story of Boruto is not bad it's just that poor illustrations really takes out the interest.I mean Naruto was rewarded for Graphic manga and that's make it even worse for Boruto manga.

wanderingcactus

Veteran
Kin
2,117💸
Kumi
1,383💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
story is just as bad.

I get the whole "Boruto is fighting Kawaki with Konoha destroyed so here is a backstory to the events that led up to this"

What sucks is the inconsistencies. Certain expectations that became expectations due to it being a backbone to things. Like "you cannot do this jutsu without chakra" something like that. Something that is a natural framework that HAS to be followed unless there is a VERY good reason not to be.

Example: Kishimoto released an illustration that covered Boruto, Sarada, and Mitsuki at their "top" power level.

It exhibited:
  • Boruto having CM and Byakugan
  • Sarada having EMS
  • Mitsuki having SM and CM
The only person that remained true thus far is Mitsuki.
Sarada has yet to be revealed on what her powers might be.
Boruto on the other hand, has a Jougan.

While having a Jougan is ok as we are treating it as a Mangyekou, it is not ok when it was revealed to us that the adult Boruto only has the Jougan, one Jougan and no byakugan. Toneri's meddling which forced one Jougan to awaken before his byakugan can explain why it was only one Jougan. However, since we were given a glipse of the future, we are assured on what he has.

He has:
Sage Mode Marks similar to (Sasuke's Curse Sage Mark)
One Jougan
No Byakugan
No Chakra Mode
A katana

Boruto is forcefully being paralleled to Sasuke.

Let me explain why that is not ok.
Since Sarada takes after Naruto, does that mean she gets Kuruma or CM? NO. Yet, that seem to be the case of Boruto.
His Jougan is only for one eye. Has no byakugan, which we were shown. No chakra mode, which we were shown.
Instead, he has the "curse mark"

Boruto is not unique. Ikemoto or whoever is the story director is forcefully making an already established character into a different and existing character. If a retcon is to be done, it must be handled the same fashion as Momoshiki was handled.

Mitsuki's and Sarada's upbringing were solidified due to Kishimoto making the manga for it.
Boruto's lack of manga made it easy for him to be retconned many times till he ends up looking like Sasuke.

I mean Boruto's story was in the movie in which Ikemoto just redid in the manga version.
Then what of Ao?

His character was completely out of the blue. It is not him, nor was it believable that this version could ever become him. You expect me to believe that his right hand man of a Kage, who fought during the alliance war and went up against Danzo and a bunch of godly and horrific things lose their way due to technology and losing some limbs and the byakugan?

The only thing that is believable so far is the Kara organization since there is only little we know about them so we haven't been made aware of the absurdity of them yet. They are leaning towards of being Akatsuki on the other hand. A top-secret organization and some pleb thug that was taken down by Boruto have heard of them and seen the marks of them? What? Do they leave some kind of calling card or something and say "sssshhhh we're top secret"?

Avaitto

#mangafacts
Veteran
Kin
32💸
Kumi
854💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I disagree with you, the story of Boruto is shit and doesn't feel like Kishimoto's.

I tried to read it but couldn't because of how boring it is.

Shruikan

Legendary
Kin
12💸
Kumi
9💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The art is one big factor but another is that the story is waaaaay slow paced. It's far slower than how Naruto used to move forward.

Belserion

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
The Art is a factor. It's like some bad fanart you see from deviantart or pixiv sometimes. The story is bad written too.

Boruto as a character is hated because this manga focuses mostly on Boruto which is a stupid reason given the manga is called Boruto but who knows.

Vulpini

Elite
Kin
325💸
Kumi
1,092💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
It's more because of the slow pacing + monthly release.

At first it people hated it mostly because of the art, definitely, but Ikemoto been improving and the people who still continue to follow the manga already got, or are getting, used to it.

wanderingcactus

Veteran
Kin
2,117💸
Kumi
1,383💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
He wouldn't get nearly as much hate if he didn't draw 12 year old girls as ninja prositiues.
Sometimes that's what people want. It may not be for us, but since he is still doing it despite our uproar, that means there are a lot more people who prefer that. Surprising I know. But hey, I am no longer questioning that when there are many anime that are released that involve lollis or barely legal incest and are a popular trend.

Reboryushon

Elite
Kin
178💸
Kumi
2,386💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Both the manga and the anime don't compare to Naruto and other shonen currently available that catter to a different demographic with more success. Probably a higher % of the demographics that grew up with Naruto is now reading/watching way better Seinen/Shonen in terms of quality and content.

While i do watch and read Boruto, it is not the same thing as Inuyashiki or even Saitama (which in terms of animation is freaking majestic).

Summing up, Boruto as a whole is the most acid spit in the legacy of Kishimoto and Naruto.

UndyingRage

Banned
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I didnt like Boruto ever since the beginning i dont know, and as much as they focus him in the manga or anime and giving him attention makes me dislike him ever more

Sarada was my favorite ever since the start and it will stay that way

Sauce

Veteran
Kin
85💸
Kumi
1,840💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I really only get informed by reading threads on here, I hardly watch/read the series. I enjoyed the original story and just want to keep it at that.

Animegoin

Veteran
Kin
4,124💸
Kumi
2,010💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I’d say it’s a combination of things consisting of his atrocious art style, No jougan feats, Boruto’s spamming of shadow clones and rasengan, Sarada And Mitsuki’s being sidelined, Konohamru’s consistent uselessness, etc.

Kishimoto And SP’s retcons Are also to blame

NextGenNinja

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Sometimes that's what people want. It may not be for us, but since he is still doing it despite our uproar, that means there are a lot more people who prefer that. Surprising I know. But hey, I am no longer questioning that when there are many anime that are released that involve lollis or barely legal incest and are a popular trend.
It probably is a culture clash kind of thing then.

The Paradox

Regular
Kin
3💸
Kumi
30💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The art isn't horrible. It just doesn't fit the style we've been used to for the past near 20 years of Naruto (yes it's been nearly 20 years). I'm getting used to his style, and while I hate how he keeps drawing the females in the series.. I can't do anything about it and it's not relevant to the story. Though it helps to have a similar style and not cringe designs, just saying lol.

Now the story... The story had/has potential. The pace is what is killing this thing. There's just not enough progression, or at least it feels that way. There's no real outstanding moments, things that are included don't seem all that relevant and is just filler fluff for each chapter to stretch it out... It's just poorly paced thus far. The overall concept is great. I would love to see for Boruto to defect and have to face his mistakes later on, fully aware he screwed up. I would love to see Sarada learn more about her clan and really propel her knowledge in her clans specialties to keep what is left of it, alive. I would love to also see Mitsuki fully understand who Orochimaru was, what he is, and decide 100% on his own what he's going to do in loo of Boruto defecting (if that happens). Kawaki betraying Boruto would be great... just all of that. All of that is a possibility for this series and yet for some reason I feel like things are going to fall flat of it's potential at the rate we're going.

In short...It's a combination of the different style and odd writing that is really tanking the manga RN. I don't want to damn it because we haven't gotten that far into the story (sigh) but ffs...