Regular
Kin
1💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Could an air bender manipulate sound?
I think thats the closets and perhaps the easiest way to do it. Sound travels through mediums, like water, solids, and air. The sound waves move through each of these mediums by vibrating the molecules in them. Its most common for sound to travel through air though, which I why I think that perhaps an air bender could accomplish this feat.

Could an earth bender manipulate gravity?
I mean this one if more far fetched but the earth itself has gravitational properties (why we don't float into space). Perhaps a earth bender could, just the way the lava bender does, multiply the magnetic properties in a rock, etc.
The human body contains iron in the blood, other earth properties in the bones. Why couldn't an earth bender touch someones body and increase the magnetic properties making them heavier etc.

Sorry blabbed on for a while. Just felt like id explain why I think they could work and ask you what you think?
Would these make for some cool abilities if used by a villain?

Or maybe I'm just crazy :snick:

SharinganisOP

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I could see an airbender creating a soundproof area somehow, manipulating sound itself though, I would say not.

I would figure an earthbender could manipulate gravity, but I think it would have to deal with carrying around extremely dense earth.

What I want to see is bone bending from an earth bender. Rip someones skeleton right out of their body, just to one up blood bending.

Reactions: Kiiszame

Kiiszame

Regular
Kin
1💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It's funny knowing that those of us that care will now argue about physics in an imaginary world that may not even apply to us
Yes. That is what I want. To argue about something already difficult in a place where people manipulate elements and spirits roam free. :bouncy:
And I thought this would be thread about Bender from Futurama.
You must be registered for see images

The Western Wheel

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Your imagination >>> physics.

No argument possible.

ot: one can bend to produce sound, but producing sound bending is what an airebendee can not.

no. Ask pain.

Last edited:

Kiiszame

Regular
Kin
1💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I could see an airbender creating a soundproof area somehow, manipulating sound itself though, I would say not.

I would figure an earthbender could manipulate gravity, but I think it would have to deal with carrying around extremely dense earth.

What I want to see is bone bending from an earth bender. Rip someones skeleton right out of their body, just to one up blood bending.
Sound travels through air though. So if you manipulate that air control it, amplify it, you can prevent someone from hearing or numb this with immense sound. You could even vibrate the molecules in air to increase sounds like an amp.

Perhaps a metal bender could solidify a human by crystalizing the blood which is made of iron. ?

Your imagination >>> physics.

No argument possible.

Is it really? Im studying to be an engineer. It doesn't seem so bad to me?

Last edited by a moderator:

Kiiszame

Regular
Kin
1💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Foul trol, you know you are!
No not trolling. We've seen what lava bending is and also blood bending. We've witness a man fly.
Im just simply putting this up for discussion. Plus you've made no sense in your edit. If you're trying to explain something perhaps being sarcastic and talking in riddles isn't a good way to do it.

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,801💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You are approaching this way too much from a Naruto point of view and way to little from a TLA point of view, which is what you should do.

1) As I recall water conducts sound better than air, so you might as well ask whether waterbenders can bend sound, but either way Aang I think did at some points combine sound with his airbending. He is able to scream really loud and he has a very loud sneeze, but that's pretty much the limit. Aang can pull this off because the moment he produces the sound, he automatically breaths. It potentially might even happen spontaneous without any real intervention of Aang. The sound he produces rides the air he breaths out, making it possible to create a really loud voice that can carry over, but that's the limit. Why? Because sound it's simply too fast. The moment he produces sound and then tries to even move a pinky to control it on a larger scale, it's already too late. Aang should be faster than the speed of sound to be able to bend it using his airbending. Not to mention you can't even see sound waves.

At best he can anticipate incoming sound by for example creating an air cocoon around him that distorts potentially incoming sound waves, however this is not really sound bending as it's indirect.

2) You can pretty much scratch this all. As said this is not Naruto and you are not approaching this from a TLA point of view. It's not possible to increase stuff like magnetic properties and you need a humongous amount of substances, not necessarily earth, that are heavily condensed to even feel any kind of gravity. They can't just say "I just increase the gravity of this piece of rock" as not only is gravity not specifically tied to earth, no bending skill allows you to increase the amount of what you are bending from nothing. That's why it's called 'bending' as you 'bend' something, not 'create'. It's impossible to start saying of the gravitational force of small pebble, which is practically nothing, that you can start attracting people. Also again gravity is not visible.

Reactions: Kiiszame