nk07ki30

Regular
Kin
8💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
On mid-high settings yeah, that processor is old, upgrade to like an intel 4690k or a decent i7, what you have now will bottleneck your card.

BLACKARROT

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I just checked online and it says my processor will not work with resident evil 6 but my GPU and RAM are above the requirement and resident evil 6 is running smoothly at 1600x900

BLACKARROT

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
On mid-high settings yeah, that processor is old, upgrade to like an intel 4690k or a decent i7, what you have now will bottleneck your card.
I just checked online and it says my processor will not work with resident evil 6 but my GPU and RAM are above the requirement and resident evil 6 is running smoothly at 1600x900

nk07ki30

Regular
Kin
8💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Oh at that kind of resolution lmao you should be fine then, unless you lowered down your settings anyway, don't you have a 1080p moniter? A 1050 ti is pretty powerful and can run latest games on high-very high without bottnecking.

nk07ki30

Regular
Kin
8💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
And yeah you are good with the RAM i have 8 right now with a 970 and 4690k, so don't worry about RAM.

BenjerminGaye

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
upgrading his cpu means upgrading his mobo and ram for now hes better off just getting the best of that generation and waiting a bit.

OP try getting the i7 870 or i7 880. its on newegg for 125 USD.

Last edited:

nk07ki30

Regular
Kin
8💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
upgrading his cpu means upgrading his mobo and ram for now hes better off just getting the best of that generation and waiting a bit.

OP try getting the i7 87-0 or i7 880. its on newegg for 125 USD.
As long the Motherboard is functioning well it's fine, what i'm saying is for him to get an i5 with the same socket as his mobo, he don't need to upgrade his RAM because the max on his mobo is probably 16 or 32.

edit: I may be wrong though, i'm pretty sure a decent i5 would not support LGA 1156. So yeah you're right, he probably needs to upgrade his mobo, but not the RAM.

BenjerminGaye

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
As long the Motherboard is functioning well it's fine, what i'm saying is for him to get an i5 with the same socket as his mobo, he don't need to upgrade his RAM because the max on his mobo is probably 16 or 32.

edit: I may be wrong though, i'm pretty sure a decent i5 would not support LGA 1156. So yeah you're right, he probably needs to upgrade his mobo, but not the RAM.
depends on what he upgrades to if he goes too current then he has to get DDR4 instead of keeping his DDR3, either way that's 2 purchases.New cpu and new mobo. Might even have to get windows activated again due to mobo replacement.

That's why i said just get the best for that socket type. especially since it's not expensive.

thats new egg but im sure ebay has it for cheaper.

Imma do the same thing myself TBH. Tryna find a cheap i7 4790, to replace my i3.

Last edited:

nk07ki30

Regular
Kin
8💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
depends on what he upgrades to if he goes too current then he has to get DDR4 instead of keeping his DDR3, either way that's 2 purchases.New cpu and new mobo. Might even have to get windows activated again due to mobo replacement.

That's why i said just get the best for that socket type. especially since it's not expensive.

thats new egg but im sure ebay has it for cheaper.

Imma do the same thing myself TBH. Tryna find a cheap i7 4790, to replace my i3.
True the old i7 870 or 880 is sufficient enough to support the 1050 ti without bottlenecking lol the bottlenecking with that thing probably don't start until you get like a 970, with its 4 cores and 8 threads it'll suffice for mid build PC. By the way he can still stick with a DDR3 1600mhz RAM or 1300, i have 1600mhz with DDR3 and it works perfectly fine when i was doing a test bench with my 970 and 4690k on ultra settings with Unigine Valley, it was until that my RIPJAWS RAM was failing lol so i had to stick with an AMD R5 1600mhz DDR3 and it works fine for gaming.

edit: I meant 1070