Dreckerplayer

Elite
Kin
26💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Ugh...can we get a male rock band...or some kind of japanese hip hop band...

or maybe some japanese traditional sound...I just don't get what kind of "impression" they were trying to make with this kind of opening.Pierrot studio's sense of direction is just scattered all over the place.

I'm not feeling it...anime music choices ain't how it use to be.

I'd think something exhilarating would be more befitting for "boruto"...you know, male ninja and all. This is too poppy...not a bad song, but just not my taste.

Are they secretly trying to sabotage "Boruto"?

Azarath Metrion Zinthos

Legendary
Kin
375💸
Kumi
87💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Ugh...can we get a male rock band...or some kind of japanese hip hop band...

or maybe some japanese traditional sound...I just don't get what kind of "impression" they were trying to make with this kind of opening.Pierrot studio's sense of direction is just scattered all over the place.

I'm not feeling it...anime music choices ain't how it use to be.

I'd think something exhilarating would be more befitting for "boruto"...you know, male ninja and all. This is too poppy...not a bad song, but just not my taste.

Are they secretly trying to sabotage "Boruto"?
Considering it's a kid's show... You should enjoy the lightheartedness while it lasts because the openings after the series plunges into the dark side will definitely take rock songs. It's only a matter of time. And the openings are actually quite enjoyable, if you're not one who listens to J-pop since you get something different from what you normally listen to. Haven't you had enough of Hip-Hop?

Last edited:

Cfighter

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
As much as I do find the song catchy and upbeat (fitting for the anime currently), after hearing the first 20 seconds or so of the video I really wish there was a cappella version cause it sounded much better without all the other shit in the background.

Azarath Metrion Zinthos

Legendary
Kin
375💸
Kumi
87💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
As much as I do find the song catchy and upbeat (fitting for the anime currently), after hearing the first 20 seconds or so of the video I really wish there was a cappella version cause it sounded much better without all the other shit in the background.
Though you might think the current opening is nothing but jovial. It's quite not true, due to this:

Towards the middle of the opening, a hazy scene is shown of Boruto running after his dad, Naruto. The boy stops as he sees his father walk away, but when Boruto reaches out Naruto, the older ninja disappears and is replaced with the older version of Boruto seen in the anime’s premiere.

You're right though. The a cappella version would have actually been great.

Cfighter

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Though you might think the current opening is nothing but jovial. It's quite not true, due to this:

Towards the middle of the opening, a hazy scene is shown of Boruto running after his dad, Naruto. The boy stops as he sees his father walk away, but when Boruto reaches out Naruto, the older ninja disappears and is replaced with the older version of Boruto seen in the anime’s premiere.

You're right though. The a cappella version would have actually been great.
Boi Im talking about the song itself not the OP lmao

Cfighter

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
My bad, m8. You don't really dig the instrumentals, in other words?
Its not that, the song sounds fine and is catchy like I said. I just think that the opening bit with just their voices sounded just as good as the actual song - but far more natural. They could even keep the like 100 backup vocalists they used lol