Ańbu Juniør

Legendary
Kin
6,839💸
Kumi
26,730💴
Trait Points
28⚔️
Fairly simple training session. What do you know about Leg weights? What are some other benefits besides the increased speed? How does conducting physical attacks work when the weights have been removed?

McRazor

Legendary
Kin
2,568💸
Kumi
4,572💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Fairly simple training session. What do you know about Leg weights? What are some other benefits besides the increased speed? How does conducting physical attacks work when the weights have been removed?
Leg weights are a special set of weights applied to our legs that initially slow us down until we get used to them. Once we get used, we can remove them to reap the benefits of increased movement speed and stronger kicks. In the anime we have seen Might Guy and Lee wear them. It's important to note that the increased speed is just for running while we still need to produce body movements with our normal speed. The other benefit of the increased speed are more powerful kicks with our legs which gain +20 due to the reduced weight when we remove them.

Ańbu Juniør

Legendary
Kin
6,839💸
Kumi
26,730💴
Trait Points
28⚔️
Correct. There are a number of people I've come across who misunderstand the running speed as their movement speed. When attacking, you will need to reduce your speed to produce the attack. It should be noted that dropping the weights normally requires a move, but doing so can be used to dodge an incoming technique due to the speed increase you gain, but now with the 1 doge per turn rule, you can dodge an incoming technique as long as you're faster than it. Logic applies here, so be careful what you attempt to dodge. Fireballs you can, but something like Great Majestic Fire Annihilation you cannot due to its range.

Also, keep in mind these are bio-bound.

Now put these on.

*Tosses you a pair of Leg Weights*

( Katai Omori ) - Leg Weights
Type: Weapon/Supplementary
Range: Short
Chakra: 30
Damage: N/A (+20 to Kicks, 2x Running Speed)
Description: The Leg Weights used for Special Taijutsu Training with Added Weights are made through the application of a sealing formula to ordinary leg weights. The sealing formula is used to, through the use of chakra, increase the weight of the leg weights to the desired level. The seal can't be applied to anything other than the leg weights and its use is restricted to its original purpose. One can remove the leg weights but the sealing technique in them stays active indefinitely and can't be released. Additionally, the Leg Weights and their unique seal calibration makes them only usable by the ninja to whom they belong. They can't be sealed or stolen.

McRazor

Legendary
Kin
2,568💸
Kumi
4,572💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Correct. There are a number of people I've come across who misunderstand the running speed as their movement speed. When attacking, you will need to reduce your speed to produce the attack. It should be noted that dropping the weights normally requires a move, but doing so can be used to dodge an incoming technique due to the speed increase you gain, but now with the 1 doge per turn rule, you can dodge an incoming technique as long as you're faster than it. Logic applies here, so be careful what you attempt to dodge. Fireballs you can, but something like Great Majestic Fire Annihilation you cannot due to its range.

Also, keep in mind these are bio-bound.

Now put these on.

*Tosses you a pair of Leg Weights*

( Katai Omori ) - Leg Weights
Type: Weapon/Supplementary
Chakra: 30
Damage: N/A (+20 to Kicks, 2x Running Speed)
Description: The Leg Weights used for Special Taijutsu Training with Added Weights are made through the application of a sealing formula to ordinary leg weights. The sealing formula is used to, through the use of chakra, increase the weight of the leg weights to the desired level. The seal can't be applied to anything other than the leg weights and its use is restricted to its original purpose. One can remove the leg weights but the sealing technique in them stays active indefinitely and can't be released. Additionally, the Leg Weights and their unique seal calibration makes them only usable by the ninja to whom they belong. They can't be sealed or stolen.
That's good to know.
_

As the weights are tossed on the ground the make an impression in it, signifying how heavy they are. With some struggle Barney puts the weights carefully around his legs and ankles and straps them securely. He tries to lift his foot but it presents itself as a great challenge.
"Heh, this will be fun"

Ańbu Juniør

Legendary
Kin
6,839💸
Kumi
26,730💴
Trait Points
28⚔️
*Instructs you on how to remove the leg weights*

(Katai Omori: Doroppu) Leg Weights: Drop
Type: Supplementary
Chakra: N/A
Damage: N/A
Description: The user stops, bends over to reach his legs and unstraps his leg weights, dropping them to the ground. As a result the user gains a varying boost to his running speed and to all his Strong Fist Kick-related moves. However, this boost in strength and speed is completely nullified when releasing the EIG or when using any kind of movement speed enhancement technique or weight manipulation technique; they don't add up on each other.
Note: This can be used for either canon Leg Weights technique.

McRazor

Legendary
Kin
2,568💸
Kumi
4,572💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
*Instructs you on how to remove the leg weights*

(Katai Omori: Doroppu) Leg Weights: Drop
Type: Supplementary
Chakra: N/A
Damage: N/A
Description: The user stops, bends over to reach his legs and unstraps his leg weights, dropping them to the ground. As a result the user gains a varying boost to his running speed and to all his Strong Fist Kick-related moves. However, this boost in strength and speed is completely nullified when releasing the EIG or when using any kind of movement speed enhancement technique or weight manipulation technique; they don't add up on each other.
Note: This can be used for either canon Leg Weights technique.
As I remove the leg weights, I stretch out a bit and jump a few times to feel the difference. It is obvious as I feel like a feather. Suddenly, I burst forward as I launch into a run, with my running speed being twice of what it previously was. After a few circles around you, I return.

Thanks sensei, this process was very worthwhile!