Supreme
Kin
6,121💸
Kumi
1,800💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I get the interest in superheroes but don't really get the interest in keep up with comic books with any other medium story has end goal but comic books are perpetual retellings of the same story that's how it looks to me from the outside anyways.

So if any of you guys comicbook fans let me know what's your interest in keeping up with them?

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
That feeling comes and goes with good and not good stories. The good stories make you want to more. The average ones keep you reading until a good one comes along. The bad ones make you wonder why you keep doing this.

I will admit there's a few things I like more about Mangas than Comics such as a set story(though they get rushed which is just as bad as overtelling in some cases) and a singular author for all or the majority of the story. Comic authors being taken off titles after 10-20 issues hurts continuity and leads to it getting so tangled.

For instance Joe Kelly started a Deadpool series and got to about issue 35, then he was replaced and the story took a turn. So we didn't get his end to his story but a branch to a new ending. I really want to see Kelly's end story though and it doesn't seem like we ever will.

Another thing is the art. I don't know if I'm the only one but the art is a big sell for me.

You should definitely check out the Immortal Hulk title going on right now. Awesome writing and AMAZING art and coloring.

Reactions: Sagebee

Sagebee

Supreme
Kin
6,121💸
Kumi
1,800💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
That feeling comes and goes with good and not good stories. The good stories make you want to more. The average ones keep you reading until a good one comes along. The bad ones make you wonder why you keep doing this.

I will admit there's a few things I like more about Mangas than Comics such as a set story(though they get rushed which is just as bad as overtelling in some cases) and a singular author for all or the majority of the story. Comic authors being taken off titles after 10-20 issues hurts continuity and leads to it getting so tangled.

For instance Joe Kelly started a Deadpool series and got to about issue 35, then he was replaced and the story took a turn. So we didn't get his end to his story but a branch to a new ending. I really want to see Kelly's end story though and it doesn't seem like we ever will.

Another thing is the art. I don't know if I'm the only one but the art is a big sell for me.

You should definitely check out the Immortal Hulk title going on right now. Awesome writing and AMAZING art and coloring.
I'll check it are you more of the manga or comic format and would you say your a casual or avid reader of comics?

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I'll check it are you more of the manga or comic format and would you say your a casual or avid reader of comics?
I would say between casual and avid more toward avid though. I've been slacking on keeping up lately though.

There's some manga I like more than most comics but as a whole I'd say I read more comics. I know manga get colored versions but that's not how they're presented and I like colors. I was always interested to see color choices in anime against what I expected reading a black and white story.

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
This made me think, are there any manga you didn't really like or didn't get into that you liked the anime of or colored version?

Jojo comes to mind for me. Don't get me wrong I enjoyed what I read but when I found the colored versions it popped so much more. Then when I caught up and had to go back to black and white it felt a little duller. Not story wise obviously but aesthetically.

Sagebee

Supreme
Kin
6,121💸
Kumi
1,800💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
This made me think, are there any manga you didn't really like or didn't get into that you liked the anime of or colored version?

Jojo comes to mind for me. Don't get me wrong I enjoyed what I read but when I found the colored versions it popped so much more. Then when I caught up and had to go back to black and white it felt a little duller. Not story wise obviously but aesthetically.
The thing about not liking a manga tho is you can just pick up a different manga with it's own universe and story. With most comics it caters to superhero fans with that shared universe. Theres definitely more comics out there besides superhero ones but think the manga industry has more of a diversity of content.

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The thing about not liking a manga tho is you can just pick up a different manga with it's own universe and story. With most comics it caters to superhero fans with that shared universe. Theres definitely more comics out there besides superhero ones but think the manga industry has more of a diversity of content.
Yeah it's a weird one. Sometimes the interconnections of the comic verse is awesome and lets good world building and depth to occur other times it leaves the door open for too much to happen.

The diversity point is a weird one too. Yes there are a lot of different style manga but they're kind of restricted to that theme. Take for instance a sport manga like Haikyuu, it has other aspects to it besides the sport like friendship and commitment etc. but it's always essentially a story about this kids time around volleyball. A comic can have those same aspects and moments included in the broader story. It's like combing slice of life mangas and action mangas together.

And I didn't mean not liking it in general I more so meant is there a manga you liked more once you saw it colored?

Sagebee

Supreme
Kin
6,121💸
Kumi
1,800💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Yeah it's a weird one. Sometimes the interconnections of the comic verse is awesome and lets good world building and depth to occur other times it leaves the door open for too much to happen.

The diversity point is a weird one too. Yes there are a lot of different style manga but they're kind of restricted to that theme. Take for instance a sport manga like Haikyuu, it has other aspects to it besides the sport like friendship and commitment etc. but it's always essentially a story about this kids time around volleyball. A comic can have those same aspects and moments included in the broader story. It's like combing slice of life mangas and action mangas together.

And I didn't mean not liking it in general I more so meant is there a manga you liked more once you saw it colored?
Personally not like if all mangas became colored it would improve my reading experience I'm happy enough with the colored covers and occasional colored pages. May if I started out reading it all colored I might have difference of opinion but it's something I use to again grown to prefer and animes are enough for visual stimulation.

But if comics were all black and white dont think I could read it something about mangas I prefer the black and white aesthetic.